What fun or exciting (Airsoft) things are you looking forward to?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Seems like a whole bunch of negativity recently (and I'm struggling to find events of interest).....so.......

What event, Weekender, thing, product, game style etc is coming up that you're excited about? 

Can't think of anything? What would you like to see? 

I'm pretty excited for the milsim esque night games at gunman tuddenham to coming back. I've got the excitement bug back for a classic skirmish day and gear wise I'm stripping bs stuff but realistic kit (eg, losing the pistol, spare pistol mags etc on a rural kit). 

The upcoming re-release of King Arm's FN-FAL series. Just like the past five years....

Also looking forward to the Lambda defence GPMG/M240 series later on in the year.

Edited by DerDer
more positivity

I'll never be able to afford them or justify the spend but I'm enjoying seeing things like the VFC Carl Gustav and GBB M249 come out.

I also like seeing the progress this guy is making on this project:

I think an actual belt fed airsoft MG would be epic. Totally impractical for skirmishing but epic nonetheless.

I have often wondered if it would be viable to have shells made out of a biodegradable polymer or something so they could be single use and more viable.

Same as @Skullchewer.

Looking forward to the national Airsoft event.

It's a welcome escape into lunacy for three days👍

See ya there buddy 🙂

Regards 

1 hour ago, Keldon said:

Looking forward to my new local airsoft site opening up. Also waiting for my new googles with fans to arrive. 

Oh? Is that London/Herts/Bucks way? Any info?

1 hour ago, Keldon said:

Looking forward to my new local airsoft site opening up. Also waiting for my new googles with fans to arrive. 

You cant tease a new site opening without giving more info away than that!!! 

1 hour ago, DerDer said:

The upcoming re-release of King Arm's FN-FAL series. Just like the past five years....

Also looking forward to the Lambda defence GPMG/M240 series later on in the year.

I have seen mixed reviews on the lambda mk48 they released, but there are so few gpmgs available I guess having another option can only be a good thing! 

Looking forward to many things, mostly getting back to playing after some back issues recently :( I need to get down to Red1 Chiselhurst one last time to get my ukara finally. Then I have my eye on heading to imperium for one of their epic looking game days soon. Then I'm going to make it my quest to try and get some of my buddies to come play with me!

28 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Oh? Is that London/Herts/Bucks way? Any info?

No idea if it's the same one but I've heard there's going to be a site opening near Hemel Hempstead soon. I would post to search faceache for South Hearts Airsoft, but there's ⅘ths of fuck all info there

Looking forward to Heroshark fitting hex mesh to some goggles for me that I've supplied, plus the Kicking Mustang / Silly Ghillie AGM that's on some new camo bits and bobs I've bought, then playing in August at my favourite forest site (Camouflage Airsoft in Alton) and seeing if any of this actually works at all whilst I'm sat in a bush getting eaten by ticks 😕

looking forward to a few things:

• playing more, life's got a bit hectic of late
  • giving the MP7 a run out
  • the eldest's birthday when he'll be allowed to play too
  • off the back of that, potentially playing a full day outside as the aforementioned hectic life (kids eh!) currently means I've only played CQB, mid-week, in the evening
    • hopefully seeing the boy's enjoyment after his first game and not heading home for an early bath

I've got a mate coming off deployment and a weekender at a club I've wanted to be more involved in for a while. 

Another western game at fireball should happen in September. Six shooters, mates and moonshine, makes an excellent weekend. 

Just secured a load of tooling to make bespoke bits at home and would really like to break into the film/tv armoury industry and make some interesting airsoft bits. 

34 minutes ago, Fatboy40 said:

Looking forward to Heroshark fitting hex mesh to some goggles for me that I've supplied, plus the Kicking Mustang / Silly Ghillie AGM that's on some new camo bits and bobs I've bought, then playing in August at my favourite forest site (Camouflage Airsoft in Alton) and seeing if any of this actually works at all whilst I'm sat in a bush getting eaten by ticks 😕

He's recently posted that he is going to stop making eye pro and only fulfilling orders he already has, hopefully you're on that list! 

2 hours ago, AirsoftTed said:

I have often wondered if it would be viable to have shells made out of a biodegradable polymer or something so they could be single use and more viable.

Sounds like simunition to me, probably banned in the UK and getting something to run them isn't exactly easy (or legal!)

1 hour ago, Beorn said:

Looking forward to many things, mostly getting back to playing after some back issues recently :( I need to get down to Red1 Chiselhurst one last time to get my ukara finally. Then I have my eye on heading to imperium for one of their epic looking game days soon. Then I'm going to make it my quest to try and get some of my buddies to come play with me!

My recommendation for imperium is to go to the ground war day. I really like the site, but get frustrated on skirmish days. Due to the sites size and effectively 2 game zones - it can be like herding 200 cats in and out at the end of games, it's taken upto 20/30 minutes. Ground war is just a morning and afternoon game, if players need extra ammo etc, take it to respawn, or go back to the safe zone under their own steam. Make use of the vehicle mounted MGs if they're working, but they are BB magnets. 

58 minutes ago, Speedy Sloth said:

I actually prefer Airsoft in the 2nd half of the year once the inevitable summer heatwave has finished, don't know why just feels more exciting.

Totally agree.

You've still got all the foliage until later in October but not suffering with heat stroke.

3 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

No idea if it's the same one but I've heard there's going to be a site opening near Hemel Hempstead soon. I would post to search faceache for South Hearts Airsoft, but there's ⅘ths of fuck all info there

It's new to me that one. One for the list. 

Next Skirm July 16th

Next Battlesim light at Red Alert July 23rd (@skullchewer, you and the other Outcasts going? Need another meatshield squadmate?)

It's been a few weeks since I played, need to get back on the field again...

Edited by Smiling-Dutchman

7 minutes ago, Emergencychimps said:

I miss Stirling events so much.....but with kids at 5, 2.5 and 3 weeks means it's going to be a long time til I can get back to doing weekenders

Ahhh that's a shame! I manage one a year if I'm lucky, and couldn't get to one last year so I'm looking forward to it :) 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.