What fun or exciting (Airsoft) things are you looking forward to?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

2 minutes ago, hunter511 said:

Looking forward to charity game at UCAP GREENOPS tommorrow...... and for once Im actually packed and prepped.

Hopefully unlike the last charity game I attended (at a different site) there won't be any thieving toerags there.

Tomorrow? I didn't know they did Saturday games.

I guess if it's a charity game it's maybe a one off.

What charity is it?

Hope you have a great day.

The weather is supposed to be 👍

Yeah can't be doing with tea leaves.

You have to be able to play knowing your gear is safe.

Ucap is pretty good on that score

Enjoy🙂

1 hour ago, Asomodai said:

It's new to me that one. One for the list. 

They admit on Facebook they're being very tight lipped about location etc till opening due to targeted vandalism 

• Supporters
54 minutes ago, hunter511 said:

Looking forward to charity game at UCAP GREENOPS tommorrow...... and for once Im actually packed and prepped.

Hopefully unlike the last charity game I attended (at a different site) there won't be any thieving toerags there.

Out of interest, what site did the thieving take place & what was nicked ? 

I'm looking forward to Operation Paramount in Kent on the 28th.  

I'm also looking forward to using my sumrak rig that I haven't used yet for reasons that I can't even remember.  I'll get the SVD out for a play too.  

9 hours ago, Tackle said:

Out of interest, what site did the thieving take place & what was nicked ? 

The Mall many many moons ago for the Bamako Bampots charity game. BFG's going walking from the best lit part of the site and the staff not wanting to say anything at lunch because "its a charity game, it'll ruin the atmosphere".

11 hours ago, Smiling-Dutchman said:

Next Skirm July 16th

Next Battlesim light at Red Alert July 23rd (@skullchewer, you and the other Outcasts going? Need another meatshield squadmate?)

It's been a few weeks since I played, need to get back on the field again...

Aye, we'll be there 😁

Looking forward to heading a bit further afield to try new sites. Now that my boy has taken up the hobby, social and sporting calendar permitting, it's a great opportunity for father and son road trips. Be great to meet some of you fine folks too.

Also looking forward to making another MWS build at some point. 

8 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Get yourself to Valiant. It's a great site for CQB.

Mate, the lad asks me about Valiant on a weekly basis!

A few things, to be sure...

• Getting my m40a3 stock for one of my KJW m700 and adjustable m700 bolt from Evike (it's in country and I've filled out the declaration form, but delivery date keeps shifting!) for a fairly unique build, because who runs a gas m40a3 these days? Especially if I can get it running at both 1.1J and 2.3J depending on bolt setup and gas used
  • Doing a mostly real-steel tacticool MWS CQB build, getting more gas mp9 magazines and putting together a full CQB kit, since all of my loadouts at the moment tend towards lightweight recce setups. Will be good to have a door-kicker loadout too.
  • September Namsoft, as well as next year's Namsoft at Gunman. The latter I'm hoping to actually be fitter for since the last Namsoft was a kick in the balls and there's only so much I can do in a few months
  • Getting a driving license so that I can go to different sites every now and then
  • Mopping up the last of my debts so I can justify buying a Vortex scope or two or three or four... Got my eye on the hog hunter with that massive 56mm objective lens and I want like... 3 of them, as well as an LPVO and maybe a red dot

I'm quite a positive person when it comes to airsoft, since there's already enough negativity going around thanks to social media and how the algorithms work.

37 minutes ago, Impulse said:

• Doing a mostly real-steel tacticool MWS CQB build

Pretty sure you know what you want, and the brands you want to use, but I can highly recommend HAO for RS clone rails, barrels etc for MWS 🤌

Just bought a few real steel parts for my air rifle (of all things) - there is something rather nice about them - just better than airsoft stuff. Almost makes me want to buy an MWS...almost. 😜

12 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Just bought a few real steel parts for my air rifle (of all things) - there is something rather nice about them - just better than airsoft stuff. Almost makes me want to buy an MWS...almost. 😜

We are ripped off with airsoft stuff. 

A 350 quid Gamo PCP is so much better than what you can get for the same money airsoft. 

20 minutes ago, Pupa2794 said:

We are ripped off with airsoft stuff. 

A 350 quid Gamo PCP is so much better than what you can get for the same money airsoft. 

Yep - I had a Gamo PCP (Venari). Moved onto an HW110 and I've just bought an AirArms S500 and the tactical platform chassis (yes that's a PTS stock as a placeholder)

image.png.d699e40a1a1a95ea419186a3070d99c0.png

Struggling to find anything fun or exciting in Airsoft at the moment. I'm spending most of my spare time at the moment fussing over pellet choices and my 25m Benchrest scores.

If it wasn't for my boys - I would consider moving on from Airsoft altogether. As it is, my youngest is 10 - so hasn't even played yet - but is absolutely desperate to play alongside me and his older brothers.

So I keep going.

1 hour ago, Speedbird_666 said:

424633045_3o7aTqp7rSDB6uoTgA(1).gif.69af9d2df31da714891c63ccb958adbe.gif

In no particular order

- getting three games in this year!

- opening a split gearbox to give my ics a boost

- the minutes from ukapa AGM

- going pew shopping for/with my son 

Finally getting site membership sorted after a year of bouncing around from site to site so I can get a new pew next month. I've even done some overtime shifts to pay for it

4 hours ago, Impulse said:

• Getting a driving license so that I can go to different sites every now and then

Hello car, good bye spare Airsoft money.

But does open the world up a lot.

On 07/07/2023 at 13:43, Keldon said:

Looking forward to my new local airsoft site opening up. Also waiting for my new googles with fans to arrive. 

Is the people from Dunstable opening up a new place?  If they do, hope they get a nice mix of outdoor/indoor like the last place did.  Had a few good days there last summer.

Special Ops are opening up a new place soon (soon has been the time line for the last year though) which is supposed to be a mixed site as well.

As silly as it might sound, I'm just looking forward to going again.

I used to play twice a week (over the weekend) and sometimes on a Thursday night in my early-mid 20's, but then marriage, house and kids happened. Before lockdown, I stopped going and probably played once a year.

I put on some weight over lockdown and I went last year and I was just exhausted. I skipped the last game and it felt like a drag. It was really demotivating and I lost all interest.

Fast forward to this year and Im now  2 stone lighter. I went twice last month and I got seriously bitten by it again. The weight loss helped massively and I was able to run around again and had a blast.

I keep thinking about going again and plotting in my head about what guns to take, what kit to wear, what changes I can make to my loadout to make it easier and more efficient.

I wont be able to play regulalrly like i used to because of shifts, kids etc & I don't think I'll be able to go again until mid September but I am so excited for it!

22 hours ago, C-Diddy said:

Pretty sure you know what you want, and the brands you want to use, but I can highly recommend HAO for RS clone rails, barrels etc for MWS 🤌

Rails are actually something I won't be replacing since I love my mid 2000s and retro rifle setups, so I'll be keeping the standard RIS quad-rail and I have a plastic handguard, carry handle with a rail attachment and an older CAR-15 type retractable stock for if I ever want to go retro.

The main issue for me is deciding which pistol grip to get. I was going to go full Magpul, since I was also planning on getting a CTR stock and so a MOE grip would probably go nicely, but since I got a Hogue grip for my other MWS which is done like an m16a4 I'm conflicted, since the Hogue grip is so damn nice.

22 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Yep - I had a Gamo PCP (Venari). Moved onto an HW110 and I've just bought an AirArms S500 and the tactical platform chassis (yes that's a PTS stock as a placeholder)

image.png.d699e40a1a1a95ea419186a3070d99c0.png

Struggling to find anything fun or exciting in Airsoft at the moment. I'm spending most of my spare time at the moment fussing over pellet choices and my 25m Benchrest scores.

If it wasn't for my boys - I would consider moving on from Airsoft altogether. As it is, my youngest is 10 - so hasn't even played yet - but is absolutely desperate to play alongside me and his older brothers.

So I keep going.

I’ve always had air rifles , I’ve nearly always had airsoft stuff too but don’t play anymore so it’s just collecting at the moment , my kids are still too little for actively playing airsoft but both have shown an interest in air rifle shooting , so I’m using airsoft rifles to teach them basic fundamentals :) 

its win win for me at the moment 😛 

nice s500 too , I did the same (on a whim ) a little while ago 

IMG_0267.thumb.jpeg.1c784deec3f80370db1a447b0cefdd84.jpeg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.