Shady AF (Snake Oil Salesman Content)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

14 minutes ago, GenuineGerman said:

You chaps forget, he has his google solicitor and is beasting his printer tonight. Expect your generic cease and desist letter on a second class letter. 

If he does actually send me a letter and is kind enough to include a return address I'm forking out for first class tracked postage to sent him a single sheet of A4 paper that just says "go fuck yourself"

2 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

£29.99 from eBay UK. This is the exact helmet, right down to the lens fitting screw and rear goggle retaining strap.

image.thumb.png.5600b585f6c6ff2c3a57993a79d57fa8.png

This picture made me chuckle...

image.png.7f80a8a49048d45fff7cfd0b668cea56.png

You know it's a good quality product when they have to Photoshop it on to a stock photo

19 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

If he does actually send me a letter and is kind enough to include a return address I'm forking out for first class tracked postage to sent him a single sheet of A4 paper that just says "go fuck yourself"

I'll cover your postage for this.

12 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

You know it's a good quality product when they have to Photoshop it on to a stock photo

Thing is, I genuinely don't know if this was Photoshop job by the UKARA Police or if it is a product 'photo'

• Supporters
32 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

sadly this is also my experience.

think a lot of them rely heavily on the concept of personal responsibility when it comes to this stuff.

I don't really know a way around it when chrono'ing can already take far too long as is and, being rudely but entirely honest, I know personally I have way more knowledge of eye pro in general than ~80-90% of the people I've seen employed as marshalls at airsoft sites.  It takes a real truck load of experience to be able to recognise what's real and up to the job and what might be a pretty good fake set of ESS/Revision etc.  Because there's about 100k options out there for things that cover your eyes but can still be seen through.

The thing that worries me and I'm sure many others, is that I go in to games in full seal goggles that will stop shotgun birdshot from pretty close, but so many people want to spend £7 on some 'cool looking' piece of TMC turd or a big jet pilot visor with a giant gap (or both) and then I'll feel guilty if I shoot the bb that causes someone to lose half their eyesight forever.

I am actually looking for some new eyepro, preferably full seal if anyone can recommend?

2 minutes ago, TheFull9 said:

The thing that worries me and I'm sure many others, is that I go in to games in full seal goggles that will stop shotgun birdshot from pretty close, but so many people want to spend £7 on some 'cool looking' piece of TMC turd or a big jet pilot visor with a giant gap (or both) and then I'll feel guilty if I shoot the bb that causes someone to lose half their eyesight forever.

This.

I’d definitely be lying to a degree if I said my concern wasn’t self serving in some capacity.

Irrelevant of whether is was down to their dodgy eye pro or not, if mine was the shot that caused someone permanent loss of vision in some way/shape/form that guilt would follow me. I get that getting injured is a risk of the hobby, and is why you sign your life away before getting to take to the field at sites... but fuck me if me being partially responsible for something like that wouldn’t take the shine off my favourite pastime.

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, TheFull9 said:

I don't really know a way around it when chrono'ing can already take far too long as is and, being rudely but entirely honest, I know personally I have way more knowledge of eye pro in general than ~80-90% of the people I've seen employed as marshalls at airsoft sites.  It takes a real truck load of experience to be able to recognise what's real and up to the job and what might be a pretty good fake set of ESS/Revision etc.  Because there's about 100k options out there for things that cover your eyes but can still be seen through.

this is a fair assessment, i have the same thing with chrono'ing, it's amazing how so many places look at a correct joule reading on .48g bb's and remark that the fps looks low. kinda scary really how easily bypassed it is (and lets not get started on swapping guns mid day/in game chrono'ing)

9 minutes ago, TheFull9 said:

it's not like decent eye pro is that expensive either, certainly i've never spent as much on eyepro as this guy is charging for his questionable helmet.

I've had someone run face first almost into my barrel as I've shot.  Spoiled my day despite being an accident and the other chap being 100% unharmed.  He actually said, 'That's what goggles are for mate,' and laughed.  Felt really guilty at the time.  

Bored people with the story before I know, but it happened, and I could have been deploying a 40 Mike from the under barrel launcher for all being said.  Site allows them with MED.   Think about that with this dodgy crap on your face.  

Hats off to the OP.   Genuinely excellent work.  

I've been in contact with someone that owns one of these helmets. He says that he won't be using it, but will be testing the lens and filming it.

He also says that the lens does not lock in the down position (so no detent or button to lift the lens), however it needs a bit of force to move it up and down. I should think that with a bit of usage it would loosen up as the pivot point wears down.

I am concerned that you could potentially end up with a lens that lifts up should you fall against a wall or tree in a downwards fall/slide.

I once face-planted a tree playing Paintball - with my face sliding down the trunk (umm...phrasing) on the way down. The googles took the impact and just about remained attached to my head - sliding halfway up my face with the lower mouth guard still covering my eyes - still, not great but better than nothing.

But all new Paintball goggles are now fitted with chin-straps (that have become a mandatory requirement at tournaments) to stop them sliding up in a fall.

However, in the context of this 'product', the helmet is firmly attached to your head with a chin strap, but the lens is still free to move up and down.

• Supporters
13 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

I cannot believe the arrogance of the guy.

Not arrogance , just plain old inbred stupidity , this nobber is obviously thicker than a bucket of pigshit 🤪 so should we expect any thing different  ?  🤣🤣

• Supporters
27 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

I've been in contact with someone that owns one of these helmets. He says that he won't be using it, but will be testing the lens and filming it.

Owns one for skiing etc, or mistakenly bought one of the bodged up obscenities he's marketed ?

If its the latter, how did he pay ?, be great if it was paypal, maybe initiate a claim, if successful it would pave the way for the other buyers to very publicly do the same, close this clown 🤡 down before anyone gets hurt 😭 🤕

• Supporters
12 hours ago, TheFull9 said:

being rudely but entirely honest, I know personally I have way more knowledge of eye pro in general than ~80-90% of the people I've seen employed as marshalls at airsoft sites.  It takes a real truck load of experience to be able to recognise what's real and up to the job and what might be a pretty good fake set of ESS/Revision etc. 

100% agree with you , most marshals on site are there with the best intentions to try and keep the day safe and ensure everyone has a great day(and make a few beer tokens from there favored hobby as well) but any man and his dog can stick a hi-vis jacket on and say I’m a marshal . How many times have we come across marshals that haven’t even been playing that long or have never actually played because it’s a paintball site that’s started running Airsofting as well ?(Christ I’ve come across more than a few who weren’t even born when I started playing !) nothing against them young’uns but even with the best intentions experience can’t be taught it has to be learned . 
so yea when you get some player turning up with this piece of shit stuck on his Mellon saying “look at my awesome helmet ! Cost my mum and dad £130 so it must be ‘speshal farces‘ issue !” A lot will be blinded by the price tag and think it’s a kosher helmet ?

Just messaged the owner of my local airsoft sites, and gave him a link to this thread, to prewarn him incase this individual migrates to their facebook pages...

Might be worth everyone doing the same with their local sites too...   if we can get word out about the poor quality and lack of safety ceertificates, plus his poor "salesman" attitude it will prevent some less informed newbie making a mistake in buying one...  or worse, someone loses an eye

• Supporters
24 minutes ago, Spartan09 said:

Just messaged the owner of my local airsoft sites, and gave him a link to this thread, to prewarn him incase this individual migrates to their facebook pages...

Might be worth everyone doing the same with their local sites too...   if we can get word out about the poor quality and lack of safety ceertificates, plus his poor "salesman" attitude it will prevent some less informed newbie making a mistake in buying one...  or worse, someone loses an eye

Bloody good idea , I’m on it ASAP .👍

1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

Not arrogance , just plain old inbred stupidity , this nobber is obviously thicker than a bucket of pigshit 🤪 so should we expect any thing different  ?  🤣🤣

Remember the old adage - Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

1 hour ago, Spartan09 said:

I've already done the same with Ironsite

21 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

Make sure you include one of these

https://www.postabagofdicks.co.uk/

26 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Ok, further update. An owner of one of these helmets (bought from the IPSAR Twat) did a 1m shooting test with a full-auto 350FPS AEG.

He posted the video in the Dorset Airsoft Community group - but here's the important bit - the lens failed. A hole in the middle, and the edge chip/cracked away.

Thank fuck I flagged this up in the first place. Imagine what a 500fps Sniper shot at close range could do.

image.thumb.png.e1d540b4401bcff5e9dd220a147b00c6.png

Surprising absolutely no one. Now we have hands on evidence that these are what we've been saying they are. Time to circulate this. 

• Supporters

FFS ! This twat needs shutting down ASAP .

£130 for "eyepro" with no (appropriate) safety markings, made by a private individual who has no prior reputation for releasing quality products?

I just can't imagine a scenario where even the most inexperienced airsoft player comes to the conclusion that's a solid proposition.

Edited by Cr0-Magnon

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.