Gun picture thread

M_P

New gun acquired and will be taking it to AI500 at Anzio next month (which will be my first game since my heart surgery). Still waiting on the suppressor, but apparently should have that in 2 or 3 weeks time as Jason at Longbow is waiting for a shipment to get through customs and should have it soon. Setup is:

- Silverback SRS 16"

- WASP piston with medium weight

- Rapax 2J spring

- FAST hop unit and nub

- Maple Leaf MR 60d bucking

- PDI 6.08 420mm stainless steel barrel

- Silverback open piston sear

- Coke can mod

- Vector Optics Paragon 3-15x50mm SFP scope w/ Vector Optics extra high 30mm rings

- Magpul MS4 sling

- Still waiting on the Silverback DTSS .308 suppressor :( 

Going to fine tune it on Sunday by setting the hop up properly and using some Rapax spring spacers to fine tune the power, but with the hop set probably more than I'll really need, it was chronoing consistently at 2.05J on .48s in my room when I chrono'd into a bag.

Later down the line when I'm properly back into playing, I'm going to try using it slung on my back when I'm running around with my short MWS. Use the MWS as I'm moving about, pull out the SRS once I get into a good position. Weight isn't so much of a factor for me (it's definitely heavier than my VSR), what I really wanted was something short that isn't going to smack into trees and stuff, so hopefully this'll fit the bill for what I want to use it for. If not, it'll be a good bolt action for winter because my green gas m700s are a bit crap when it gets really cold.

image.thumb.jpeg.d4bf6a22c1f95d5f9287b17c80f125c0.jpeg

Edited by Impulse

15 minutes ago, ButcherBill said:

FFS, don't go full wookie & take it easy.

Haha, I probably won't be bringing the cape and boonie setup that I usually run because I don't have a way to run both earpro and comms with my ghillie boonie (I can do one or the other, but not both :(), so I'll probably just bring a cobra hood and a cap to AI500, but that's part of the reason I'm sniping; I'll be taking it pretty easy, just taking up overwatch positions either in buildings or covering buildings and leaving the CQB to my team mates. I'm good to start exercising again from Monday, so I'll be fine for AI500; I'll just still be on blood thinners until then and my local site is covered in brambles that just love to slice me to pieces so I'm not playing until I'm off the blood thinners next month, but I'm back to swimming from Monday so I'll be more than able to play at AI500 from a fitness perspective.

Original plan was to do the MWS + SRS + pistol setup for AI500, but as it's going to be my first game back, I'm going lightweight so I'm just bringing two bolt actions and two pistols (one to use, one as a backup) and playing passive. I think it's the more sensible approach :P