Airsoft confessions

GingerBreadMan

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Most of my opinions are against the normal so I'll go with the "not proud of" part.

On one of my first games I detached from my fire team to sneak to an objective. Close to the objective I got hit by a single BB, I looked around, saw no one and convinced myself that it was not a hit. :( That was about 7 years ago and I still feel bad about it.

i must confess my sins:

yesterday, after having feeding issues with my new gun and after a few tests, identifying my PTS magazines as the cause...

... I used a high-cap

i felt dirty with every shot, and winding the mag only made the feeling worse

i had to caress my 30rd G5 mags for a full hour before i felt better enough to clean my guns before putting them away

at my first game, I was holding the gun side ways around a tree. Wondering why all of my bb's were curving off to the left. at the time i thought I had got a sh*t rental gun... ..

Ha ha that's a face palm moment if I've ever heard one!

In a CQC game I shot a guy about 15-20m away. I was sure I tagged him but I never heard him shout "hit" or put his hand up. So I kept firing thinking he was a cheater.

Turns out I just couldn't see his raised arm because it was hidden by a tree... He was not a happy man and I still feel a little bad about emptying half a magazine into him.

I bought an orange double eagle ak47 with a plastic gearbox

I broke it within a day

I bought a set of proprietary gears, which didn't work and gave off a tonne of metal shavings

I bought a Cyma metal hop up, which didn't fit

I bought a Cyma metal gearbox, which barely fitted

Then, I bought a G&P body with a madbull handguard, didn't fit

Bought a G&P specific barrel nut for the madbull... right... ok...

Damaged G&P body

Sold G&P body

A week later... the barrel nut came..... fookin useless now

Ehhh my life story, but hey! At least, I picked up a free Dytac M4 magazine I found on the ground at a skirmish!

• Supporters

I bought a gun before I was 18 *small smile

• Supporters

I bought an orange double eagle ak47 with a plastic gearbox

I broke it within a day

I bought a set of proprietary gears, which didn't work and gave off a tonne of metal shavings

I bought a Cyma metal hop up, which didn't fit

I bought a Cyma metal gearbox, which barely fitted

Then, I bought a G&P body with a madbull handguard, didn't fit

Bought a G&P specific barrel nut for the madbull... right... ok...

Damaged G&P body

Sold G&P body

A week later... the barrel nut came..... fookin useless now

Ehhh my life story, but hey! At least, I picked up a free Dytac M4 magazine I found on the ground at a skirmish!

Some poor bugger was probably looking for that magazine.😒

If a mods reading this ban him for for being a kit thief. Hate people who steal other peoples dropped kit some nob nicked a torch I laid down a few months ago. If its on the ground leave it or inform a marshall.

Played one game on a quiet day, me and one of the guys who run the site had climbed a steep slope into thick foliage looking for the 4 guys on the enemy team, he said he was going to flank right while I looked for a route straight ahead, after a couple of minutes of getting nowhere I hear and see rustling directly in front of me so put a few shots in, guess who I hit. . . .

I have no background in airsoft and still dont know that much about the internal workings of AEGs above a cursory understanding.

I got a very quick run through on my first ever game where I had a rented M4.

They briefly mentioned about the need to wind the high cap but not how often or how much.

It took me a little while for me to realise that I was engaging in firefights and no BBs were coming out, because I hadn't wound on enough.

Twice I've caved in and bought an M4 - not proud of that. Thankfully I have usually come to my senses and have sold them not long afterwards.

I've also shot out someone's helmet camera lense by accident. Was in a woodland game and I was running my sniper rifle. I happened to see this little red light off amongst the trees so I carefully aimed two feet below it so I wouldn't hit the camera... or so I thought. My rifle had been shooting fine/straight all day so I don't know how this happened, but when I pulled the trigger I watched as my shot drifted ever so slowly upwards and then there was a very expensive sounding "crack" noise.

Apparently the camera had only been used twice before I shot it out - it's owner wasn't at all happy so tried to get me banned from the site when I pointed out I wouldn't pay to replace it and was even more annoyed when everyone listening in agreed with me. Lesson learned: don't buy cheap cameras or at least buy a protective cover for it when airsofting. Still niggles at me to this day though.

There's also the time I went around shooting people with my ASG MK23 with stock silencer on below the minimum engagement distance for a weapon firing at DMR levels. I honestly didn't know the stock silencer boosted the stock FPS of 300 to around 430 instead. Now I know better but still feel sorry for all the players I shot on that day with it.

Twice I've caved in and bought an M4 - not proud of that. Thankfully I have usually come to my senses and have sold them not long afterwards.

I've also shot out someone's helmet camera lense by accident. Was in a woodland game and I was running my sniper rifle. I happened to see this little red light off amongst the trees so I carefully aimed two feet below it so I wouldn't hit the camera... or so I thought. My rifle had been shooting fine/straight all day so I don't know how this happened, but when I pulled the trigger I watched as my shot drifted ever so slowly upwards and then there was a very expensive sounding "crack" noise.

Apparently the camera had only been used twice before I shot it out - it's owner wasn't at all happy so tried to get me banned from the site when I pointed out I wouldn't pay to replace it and was even more annoyed when everyone listening in agreed with me. Lesson learned: don't buy cheap cameras or at least buy a protective cover for it when airsofting. Still niggles at me to this day though.

There's also the time I went around shooting people with my ASG MK23 with stock silencer on below the minimum engagement distance for a weapon firing at DMR levels. I honestly didn't know the stock silencer boosted the stock FPS of 300 to around 430 instead. Now I know better but still feel sorry for all the players I shot on that day with it.

There's some idiots around I wouldn't pay for his camera either. If you go into a skirmish with an expensive camera with no case you've only got your self to blame when it breaks.

My confession is I sometime haven't walked all the way back to a respawn to respawn as Its sometimes a really long way to go. Not proud and I won't do it again honest.

Also threw a grenade back at someone Killing about 6 people. Never owned up to that one.

My confession is I sometime haven't walked all the way back to a respawn to respawn as Its sometimes a really long way to go. Not proud and I won't do it again honest.

Also threw a grenade back at someone Killing about 6 people. Never owned up to that one.

Pmsl so that's why your always back so bloody quickly & here's me thinking you run back & didn't know you thew a grenade back

I often let out little farts during a fire fight just to see if I get away with it.

:ph34r:

"Is someone running propane? Feckin' stinks in here!"

Is that the reason for the forum name? :D

Did it yesterday at Apocalypse, some guy threw a grenade next to my head (was laying down protecting the stairs) as the fuse was going all I could think was "NOPE" and smacked it back at them straight through the open window. I think It went off on a teammate..

Some of the guys on my team were impressed at my quick reactions. The other team deffinately were.

This is what gets me & even to this day I still don't understand it

At a CQB site, a guy threw a grenade & as it was burning away, I ran & grabbed a team mate as I did so, we were outside the 5 metre range plus 2 walls between us but the Marshall said we were dead

I was soooooo tempted to shoot him for being wrong that as I started to raise my rifle that the guy I grabbed could see what was going on & pulled me away as I was swearing quietly

Fairplay to that guy or I'd have been banned

In a CQC game I shot a guy about 15-20m away. I was sure I tagged him but I never heard him shout "hit" or put his hand up. So I kept firing thinking he was a cheater.

Turns out I just couldn't see his raised arm because it was hidden by a tree... He was not a happy man and I still feel a little bad about emptying half a magazine into him.

TBH I would say that was his own fault - should have made it more clear that he was hit!

TBH I would say that was his own fault - should have made it more clear that he was hit!

I'll agree with that, my usual site always says in the safety brief 'step away from cover to show your hit, if your in bushes then say dead man coming out of cover'

Pmsl so that's why your always back so bloody quickly & here's me thinking you run back & didn't know you thew a grenade back

Yep I told you at the time it was at Portishead at the time I actually felt quite proud of my self :D

You must have a confession of your own Nick. We won't judge.

Yep I told you at the time it was at Portishead at the time I actually felt quite proud of my self :D

You must have a confession of your own Nick. We won't judge.

That was a while ago Doug so I can't remember lol

But apart from the odd non hit taking after a couple of shots, shouting at people for not taking there's & getting a bit irate at some people for blatant cheating like talking etc (we're all guilty of it & refuse to believe anyone saying they always take there hits) more embarrassing than a confession of falling off wet steps & tripping over a tree root

and killing 3 team mates with my own flash bang at my very 1st game (you should remember that one Doug lol)

Not really anything to confess about yet

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.