The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

I don't usually like getting metal slides for my TM pistols because I love how efficient the plastic slides are... but my hi-capa slide snapped at the front when the front sight was ripped out by some very determined brambles that I was wading through (the bottom part of the Worthing Airsoft site is basically unplayable at the moment...)

So my hi-capa now has a metal slide. Surprisingly snappy still on green gas at room temperature thanks to the lightweight blowback unit and probably feels the best to shoot due to the fact it's still snappy but the metal slide has some weight to it; might get a bigger recoil spring, but we'll see. Will be running it on propane anyway, so here's hoping it'll be fine in the winter too.

20240801_150535s.thumb.jpg.a28cc861a7cdc7a47946d2433e19dd1d.jpg

5 minutes ago, Impulse said:

I don't usually like getting metal slides for my TM pistols because I love how efficient the plastic slides are... but my hi-capa slide snapped at the front when the front sight was ripped out by some very determined brambles that I was wading through (the bottom part of the Worthing Airsoft site is basically unplayable at the moment...)

So my hi-capa now has a metal slide. Surprisingly snappy still on green gas at room temperature thanks to the lightweight blowback unit and probably feels the best to shoot due to the fact it's still snappy but the metal slide has some weight to it; might get a bigger recoil spring, but we'll see. Will be running it on propane anyway, so here's hoping it'll be fine in the winter too.

Not normally a fan of 2011s to be honest but this one has tickled my fancy - any clue where you got that supressor from? Looks ace

3 hours ago, Impulse said:

Gunsmith Bros?

4 hours ago, pyromancer6 said:

Not normally a fan of 2011s to be honest but this one has tickled my fancy - any clue where you got that supressor from? Looks ace

It's one of ak2m4's ones. It's out of stock at the moment, but it's really nice:

https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/external-parts/suppressors/xt-suppressor-long-155mm

1 hour ago, emilianoksa said:

Gunsmith Bros?

Yeah. It's the Gunsmith Bros XCarry 5.1 slide. I didn't like a lot of the metal slides because they just looked a bit too... much? I like my simple guns, so all the metal slides with holes all over them and weird geometric patterns... no thank you :D 

25 minutes ago, Impulse said:

It's one of ak2m4's ones. It's out of stock at the moment,

That's good luck - otherwise it'd be going in my next order I'm having to make real soon and I need to save some money 😅

New Placard Pouch,  Aussie Peelback bought from Kitpest - great little shop full of goodies 

And below, some brilliant .308 pouches from British Tactical for the MTW

image.thumb.jpeg.78c330ea204e6258efcfa9f92752dbdb.jpeg image.thumb.jpeg.8197621f969c4c98213abc5593cb70b6.jpeg

Ok, so I went and bought a bunch more stuff, but my Longbow order is delayed due to customs being customs. Jason gave me a call today to explain and said he'd throw in a bottle of .45s for the inconvenience, but it means I won't be able to test the build for another two weeks as my local site is only once every two weeks and I won't get it by this weekend :(

Ah well, at least basically the entire internal build arrived. Mega impressed that the Orga barrel arrived, as I ordered it from Japan on Saturday and it arrived today! Missing the rifle, suppressor, fast hop unit and pouches for the magazines, as that was my longbow order.

image.thumb.jpeg.92508913cb80a9ec3f466eb762b8be3f.jpeg

A new pair of boots from Militarymart. Unfortunately some absolute muppet decided the best way to mark the size of said boots is to write it on the top of the toe in white marker pen.

1 minute ago, ButcherBill said:

019493002001.jpg

Don't worry, I've got plenty of that stuff. The trouble is that sometimes the ink can still be visible through the polish so it really needs to be removed.

I tried a wet cloth but that did nothing so tried alcohol based hand sanitiser and that started to take it off very slowly. Yes this is only a minor issue that can be sorted relatively easily, but what annoyed me is that it didn't need to happen at all if the shop staff had used a little common sense.

• Supporters

What type of boots out of interest?  Presumably surp?  I could imagine either the military stores pers or perhaps the contract folks who deal with surplusing things just slapping numbers on like that in the lowest effort/quickest to read method they could come up with.  Like to hope that wouldn't be a retailer defacing their own stock like that anyway lol, best of luck getting it cleaned off.

They're German para boots. You're right that it could've been on there before getting to the shop but the ink looked quite fresh. Luckily the hand sanitiser has done the job after a few more tries

On 03/08/2024 at 15:06, Impulse said:

Some of the higher end metal slides are still super snappy. I have a detonator CNC slide on a HK45 and it's still just as good as the plastic despite the extra weight.

• Supporters

If it weighs more and transfers thermal energy faster, it's probably not gonna perform the same as the plastic gas efficiency wise, can't really beat the science on that one I don't think.  But hey if it's close enough and works for you in use then all good end of the day.

14 hours ago, mightyjebus said:

went to Red Alert's boot saleamathingy today and picked up a bit of a bargain. It's a PTS Masada for £80.

image.thumb.jpeg.a4a1fe678ce741ff8e72691f80322e85.jpeg

What a deal! I remember wanting one of those when they first came out!

yeah, I think I got a good deal. it had a torn hop rubber (swapped for a Green G&G) and it would fire on safe but that's a known issue and took about 5 minutes to fix. It also has the Wii Tech hop up fitted so a nice little bonus as well.

Not sure if I've technically 'bought' this but I've had another cocking handle & screw for my L85A3 delivered from Ares in Tiawan.

Only paid for 1 so which one is free?

453417202_26227472410201479_5220618298962053_n.jpg

Bought a Holy Warrior Sig Romeo 8T clone for the Sig 553

Wasnt too impressed with the parallax before it was fitted and the reticle looked wonky. But having fitted it and looking at it down the replica it’s very nice.

Nice trademarks, suits the rif 👌

IMG_2886.thumb.jpeg.01235f4e32dd1f81b56f340377773f00.jpeg

Edited by Enid_Puceflange