Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

1 hour ago, MagpieTactical said:

Yeah I saw that. Hope its taken down, because if not then someone got ripped off

And yet some how it came back

@Tackle great meme drop into the question box

• Supporters

so it's missing fire selector parts, bonus points for inclusion of the "it's an easy fix" line. especially given ambi selectors reputation for being a pain in the proverbial.

it's has some sort of gearbox work in the past, but no specifics as to the parts or the tech who installed them, which given the range of quality of work you see in this hobby could well see it worse than just stock.

barrel extended through the suppressor, not strictly a bad thing in itself but wonder wether it's been volume matched......

descriptions of good firing, which will always need taken with a pinch of salt, even ignoring the bias of the sellers own description it's a perceptive description and what one person thinks is good another may not.

broken red dot, un-named magnifier

half a sling, apparently you get the other half with a plate carrier?

at least you get a magpul stock and larue risr... oh wait.....

and this is apparently worth pretty much double the rrp?

• Supporters
4 hours ago, MagpieTactical said:

£400!?

With a missing fire selector, dodgy safety and a non functioning red dot! Where do I sign?

8 hours ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

And yet some how it came back

Couldn't wrap their head around the 'edit advert' tab to change the price there, had to mark the ad as complete and repost it. Rest assured if you decide to pick this RIF up you're in a safe pair of hands 👀.

The price is so wildly high that I'm not sure I can actually fathom the effort to give any actual advice to the seller, I dare say it'd be ignored anyway.

But will say it's probably worth parking the sandbagging in the 'questions' section on the ad where it is. Yes everything said in there is valid, but we know the mods aren't a fan of it so you're only making extra work for them. The 3 existing posts should make it clear enough to anyone clicking on it that the asking price is extortionate. In here though? Sandbag away, it's been hard earned by this character.

Before anyone gets worried about someone buying this, i put an offer in for what i would pay for it...... lets see

• Supporters
3 hours ago, alxndrhll said:

Couldn't wrap their head around the 'edit advert' tab to change the price there, had to mark the ad as complete and repost it. Rest assured if you decide to pick this RIF up you're in a safe pair of hands 👀.

The price is so wildly high that I'm not sure I can actually fathom the effort to give any actual advice to the seller, I dare say it'd be ignored anyway.

But will say it's probably worth parking the sandbagging in the 'questions' section on the ad where it is. Yes everything said in there is valid, but we know the mods aren't a fan of it so you're only making extra work for them. The 3 existing posts should make it clear enough to anyone clicking on it that the asking price is extortionate. In here though? Sandbag away, it's been hard earned by this character.

I mean, it DOES come with some string on the front.

• Supporters
Just now, alxndrhll said:

My absolute favourite part is that the only things that might increase the value slightly are pictured but aren’t  included. Superb effort.

He's outdone himself that's for sure.

If you were asked "what's the best way to make sure I get onto the "Macks..." thread on AFUK?", you could just point to this ad and walk away.

• Supporters

11 minutes ago, Lozart said:

He's outdone himself that's for sure.

If you were asked "what's the best way to make sure I get onto the "Macks..." thread on AFUK?", you could just point to this ad and walk away.

it is a multitude of sins, struggling to think of what else you could do.

16 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

it is a multitude of sins, struggling to think of what else you could do.

I genuinely think it might have everything bar formerly being two-tone. Granted the only 'sin' in it formerly being two-tone would be to not mention it in the ad so it may well be a full house. Going into the detail of explaining that you killed the stock mosfet within 4 games and repalced it with the same mosfet is inspired, and we wrap it all up in a nice bunch of 'collection only'. What a specimen, every line is a whole new treat.

Being honest the ad is actually extremely honest with plenty of information, it's just that all of that information would generally lead to the RIF being worth less than the RRP rather than twice it.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, alxndrhll said:

I genuinely think it might have everything bar formerly being two-tone.

yeah, hard to tell from the pics. tbf if it was 2-tone it's been hidden well and if you were going to change from the green well you'd be repainting anyway.

1 hour ago, alxndrhll said:

the ad is actually extremely honest with plenty of information

this is a fair point, as much as there's dreaming going on with the price at least he has plenty of information for a buyer to make a decision over.

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
3 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Nice Glock 17, it’s a Marui so will be great out of the box. But why have a blue front site and why respray the original Marui slide?

They cover that pretty clearly in the advert. Personal preference to both

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Nice Glock 17, it’s a Marui so will be great out of the box. But why have a blue front site and why respray the original Marui slide? 

he does say he did it because he didn't like the original finish, which is believable as folk do indeed recolor slides for that reason.

front sight just looks like a preference thing, he even says it might not be to everyone's tastes.

*dons flamesuit*

besides, it's a glock, someone will put a speedtacticalpointdefendertigerdragon slide on it with some uberacquireultrabritespeedshot fibre optic sights on it, add a red dot which blocks the sights spend 5 hours with a soldering iron burning the frame for extra grip so they can hip-fire with a 50-round extendo clipazine.

sorrynotsorry :P

Price includes

15 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

What would you think is a fair price for an almost new TM glock inc posting, I would genuinely like your input?

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
2 minutes ago, PewPew4U said:

Price includes

What would you think is a fair price for an almost new TM glock inc posting, I would genuinely like your input?

Your price is honestly good, imo, although custom work always puts some people off. Personal preference is personal preference.

If I was putting that Glock up for 110 I would mentally be prepared to negotiate down to a clean tonne.

18 minutes ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Your price is honestly good, imo, although custom work always puts some people off. Personal preference is personal preference.

If I was putting that Glock up for 110 I would mentally be prepared to negotiate down to a clean tonne.

My thoughts exactly, cheers all the best.
PS. It's not an ex two-tone, I just like how quickly my eyes/brain pick up blue front sights.

Edited by PewPew4U

2 hours ago, PewPew4U said:

Price includes

The price is fair for a TM gen 4. I think as the slide has been resprayed a buyer may as for some wiggle room but that’s just me wanting to save a tenner 😂

2 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

*dons flamesuit*

besides, it's a glock, someone will put a speedtacticalpointdefendertigerdragon slide on it with some uberacquireultrabritespeedshot fibre optic sights on it, add a red dot which blocks the sights spend 5 hours with a soldering iron burning the frame for extra grip so they can hip-fire with a 50-round extendo clipazine.

sorrynotsorry :P

My AW drum mag will fit that 😂😂😂

2 hours ago, PewPew4U said:

Price includes

I think that is a very fair price