Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

• 2 weeks later...

New candidate.  Available for less than £300 new if you shop around.  I dont care if it has got 5 mags or not.

43 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

New candidate.  Available for less than £300 new if you shop around.  I dont care if it has got 5 mags or not.

where the hell can you get it for £300 new? i paid £350 for mine last month with a discount code in the UK. if you can find the mags in stock they £60 to £80 each. the only way you can get these for below £300 is from Asia then add a £100 for shipping a fees if it makes it.  

Edited by BigStew

• Supporters
46 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

3 minutes ago, BigStew said:

where the hell can you get it for £300 new? i paid £350 for mine last month with a discount code in the UK. if you can find the mags in stock they £60 to £80 each. the only way you can get these for below £300 is from Asia then add a £100 for shipping a fees if it makes it.  

I think it's worth it just for the "CAF" factor 👌

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, BigStew said:

I am using mine for a Ruger mini 14 build 

i-just-jizzed-my-pants-icanhascheezeurger-comes-i-just-jizzed-54012529.png

55 minutes ago, Tackle said:

i-just-jizzed-my-pants-icanhascheezeurger-comes-i-just-jizzed-54012529.png

Steady the buffs! Lol

Edited by Shamal

6 hours ago, BigStew said:

Taiwangun till recent had it for £279, not withstanding shipping issues.

Edited by EvilMonkee

8 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Taiwangun till recent had it for £279, not withstanding shipping issues.

They have not had it in stock for awhile I was looking at least 2 months ago (very annoying they keeps sending me in stock notifications for a BAR that is never in stock). Anyway the add 60 to 80 quid postage and fees and you are back to roughly £350 new.

14 hours ago, BigStew said:

They have not had it in stock for awhile I was looking at least 2 months ago (very annoying they keeps sending me in stock notifications for a BAR that is never in stock). Anyway the add 60 to 80 quid postage and fees and you are back to roughly £350 new.

Maybe so but not the £450 this guy is asking

A quick Google brings these up for £120. Two tone reduces the price for most and not sure how the seller intends to post the £3.50 smoke. The scope adds very little value.

I fear this person rather than being a "dreamer" is another victim of the BBGun.com types.

4 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

A quick Google brings these up for £120. Two tone reduces the price for most and not sure how the seller intends to post the £3.50 smoke. The scope adds very little value.

I fear this person rather than being a "dreamer" is another victim of the BBGun.com types.

I put it down to Youtubers who spunk £1000's into a silverback or VSR, and then edit gameplay to make it look like they shoot lasers, rather than the truth of sitting in a bush, firing 10 rounds to hit the target, then spend the afternoon in the safe zone wondering why it's not working.

People watch it, buy a novitwat or cyma/well/jg and a scope and wonder why they're not doing it, and sell it after 2 games.

Edited by rj1986

I find the notion of an Airsoft sniper amusing at the best of times.

an hpa rif is pretty much as quiet, has no m.e.d is still full auto and a sorted one can shoot 85% as far as a sniper especially in less than perfect conditions and can lob them mortar style to pin them down while you let others push up. 
A ghillied up mtw user has far more use on a skirmish field and is probably why you will see more and more animosity towards them as they increase in numbers, especially when they have their armbands on their ankles (which is why I shoot all “snipers” on sight unless they have visible armbands on their arms where they should be).

I feel a full ghillie suit should require a bolt action and a pistol as they gains of the ghillie are offset by the limits of the single shot bolt action. I wear a Russian leaf hood but the gains compared to a full ghillie are minimal so I will use an aeg.

if everyone becomes Airsoft camman with a full ghillie and full auto this hobby is going to get boring really quickly 

46 minutes ago, Stratton Oakmont said:

an hpa rif is pretty much as quiet, has no m.e.d is still full auto and a sorted one can shoot 85% as far as a sniper especially in less than perfect conditions and can lob them mortar style to pin them down while you let others push up. 
A ghillied up mtw user has far more use on a skirmish field and is probably why you will see more and more animosity towards them as they increase in numbers, especially when they have their armbands on their ankles (which is why I shoot all “snipers” on sight unless they have visible armbands on their arms where they should be).

I feel a full ghillie suit should require a bolt action and a pistol as they gains of the ghillie are offset by the limits of the single shot bolt action. I wear a Russian leaf hood but the gains compared to a full ghillie are minimal so I will use an aeg.

if everyone becomes Airsoft camman with a full ghillie and full auto this hobby is going to get boring really quickly 

I see sniping as essentially playing airsoft on "hard mode".....ie not necessarily to gain an advantage in range etc but to get more satisfaction from every shot that hits, because they are in fact at a fire power disadvantage.

Obviously rocking a giant, heavy bright blue thing, which I would assume performs terribly, just puts the user at every possible disadvantage and as is evident leads to extreme frustration. Especially so if they are a young and/or a new player and have Novritsch or KM etc level expectations 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Putting the energy in yourself makes it more personal.  Same with shotguns. Hours and hours of futile jerking your hand back and forth, but what a feeling when you finally blow your load right in someone's face.

XVpREpj.jpeg.843e9ece8abb44c6dc1dff66e4298c20.jpeg

These can be had for between 80 to 90 new, with a mag costing about 17 quid. 

I know it comes with a holster too, but still overpriced for a used pistol 

On 18/08/2021 at 10:32, Stratton Oakmont said:

Should I feel ashamed if this is sort of a goal for me? (am I now off to the Airsoft Forums UK sin bin for 24 hours with Kicking Mustang videos on a continuous loop)

18 hours ago, Fatboy40 said:

Should I feel ashamed if this is sort of a goal for me? (am I now off to the Airsoft Forums UK sin bin for 24 hours with Kicking Mustang videos on a continuous loop)

Nope, but you should feel ashamed for watching that complete and utter bellend.  I know for a fact (as I was on one of his gamedays last year) that all his footage is spliced and very heavily edited, that he cheats and is generally a bit of a cunt.  

Want to play airsoft with a ghillie suit? Fine, you do you, just choose your role models better.

On 18/08/2021 at 10:32, Stratton Oakmont said:

Division_22_15-8-21-214.thumb.jpg.c6dcfd4e1e56f06b56532b0c0a1ddab3.jpg

Come at me bro! 🤣🤣