The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

Latest acquisition for Christmas.

Saw it and found the concept interesting, but won't be able to test it until the new year.

Don't know if I should have gone for the slightly longer version, as the short one seems to be lower powered than advertised; around 1.6J Vs the stated 1.9J, but I'll try it and see!

*Edit: just tried it again with heavier ammo and an Action army VSR mag and it's now up to around 1.9 to 2J, so more than adequate.

I don't know if it's just joule creep, the AA mag seating in better, or the thing's just warming up now but it seems to have improved.

Can't wait to try it out, the thing is just so ridiculously light though!

20231228_202200.JPG

Edited by Hudson

On 18/12/2023 at 01:00, Dan Robinson said:

Finally got the look I wanted for the l85 thanks to @gavinkempselland @MandalShArK.  Bought an "Elcanish", then a small red dot.

I had to re thread the holes on the mounting plate to accept something recognisable,  but that wasn't a chore.

Bought a kill killflash too which works better than I expected. Will do some festive fettling looking forward to the new year.

Compress_20231218_005145_5931.jpg

Compress_20231218_005145_5573.jpg

I would love one of these… by any chance can this l85 be comfortably operated by left-handers (unlike the real thing 🙄)?

5 hours ago, Lord_Mandrake said:

I would love one of these… by any chance can this l85 be comfortably operated by left-handers (unlike the real thing 🙄)?

Of course... it's only a toy. (just watch the blowback ;) )

On 29/12/2023 at 16:53, Hudson said:

Latest acquisition for Christmas.

Saw it and found the concept interesting, but won't be able to test it until the new year.

Don't know if I should have gone for the slightly longer version, as the short one seems to be lower powered than advertised; around 1.6J Vs the stated 1.9J, but I'll try it and see!

*Edit: just tried it again with heavier ammo and an Action army VSR mag and it's now up to around 1.9 to 2J, so more than adequate.

I don't know if it's just joule creep, the AA mag seating in better, or the thing's just warming up now but it seems to have improved.

Can't wait to try it out, the thing is just so ridiculously light though!

20231228_202200.JPG

That looks neat as hell. Kinda reminds me of the WA2000, albeit a bit more modernised. I always loved that rifle...

One thing bought, and one thing won!

1922960996_GrenadeandCrimper.jpg.a4b1535c41a1c09d58a2c802e0d0fdad.jpg

Crimping tool from eBay (hopefully I'll get my CA M15A3 running again), and OhShiBoom OMFG grenade won from Airsoft Competitions, which will come in damned useful once the Spec Ops CQB site is up-and-running next month!

4 hours ago, Caj109 said:

Bought a new XT inner barrel and maple leaf 60 bucking and nub from our friend @ak2m4

Rubbing it in my face! I've been waiting for those to come for a while - guess you got one of the 'pre-releases'!

12 minutes ago, The_Lord_Poncho said:

Rubbing it in my face! I've been waiting for those to come for a while - guess you got one of the 'pre-releases'!

Haha he found one around for me at 380mm length! I'll get it a go once I can put it in the gun

Thought I'd wear my Alice webbing when using the XM177, bought a pouch which holds 4X20 rnd mags, a leather holster for a 1911 (to stay period) & a double mag pouch to match it. Unfortunately the only period 1911 I currently have is a replica so will use a Raven MEU 1911 instead, bloody pouch is too small for the mags so after a little fettling to the pouch catch they now fit. I'll rivet or bolt the catch in it's new position when I have time to rake about my shed to find the bits I need.

mag1.jpg

mag2.jpg

mag3.jpg

mag4.jpg

16 hours ago, gavinkempsell said:

Thought I'd wear my Alice webbing when using the XM177, bought a pouch which holds 4X20 rnd mags, a leather holster for a 1911 (to stay period) & a double mag pouch to match it. Unfortunately the only period 1911 I currently have is a replica so will use a Raven MEU 1911 instead, bloody pouch is too small for the mags so after a little fettling to the pouch catch they now fit. I'll rivet or bolt the catch in it's new position when I have time to rake about my shed to find the bits I need.

mag1.jpg

mag2.jpg

mag3.jpg

mag4.jpg

I had the same issue with all three of my original .45 pouches. None of my airsoft 1911 mags fit perfectly. Same for the holster itself, neither my Cybergun anniversary nor my Raven 1911 fit it. I think maybe it’s shrunk over the 60 years though

New headset - thanks @Cr0-Magnon :)

1080930840_HowardLeights.jpg.1c9fdc12e96f5676acad34bb341069c1.jpg

Looking forward to trying these out in CQB, in the meantime I can use 'em as hearing aids :D

Couldn't find a DE Noveske MWS in stock or in the classifieds, so went and got another TM MP5, this time an A4. And some batteries to fit the A5 and SD6 better (not changing anything electrical until an alternative or replacement mosfet is readily available for them) Thank goodness hobbyking is back.

6 hours ago, JinxDuh said:

I had the same issue with all three of my original .45 pouches. None of my airsoft 1911 mags fit perfectly. Same for the holster itself, neither my Cybergun anniversary nor my Raven 1911 fit it. I think maybe it’s shrunk over the 60 years though

I just removed the top rivet & spun the stub 180 degrees, they fit fine now.

5 hours ago, JimFromHorsham said:

Feed lips add extra length over a RS 1911 mag , hence why they don’t fit properly in RS mag pouches. 

& the deeper butt plate.

• Supporters
On 27/12/2023 at 12:23, Adolf Hamster said:

4cf.jpg.5a56533883b1823d7c132df3bc1d2778.jpg

91aad29824107d613b435e3563bc15f2.jpg.c98f689e0bc16bb41b7cfd480d5e93da.jpg

A Fleabay purchase just arrived today, speed loader adaptors, WE GBB AR15/M4 (needs a very slight fettle to lock into the loader, prob easier to fettle the loader), AK & MP5 both work perfectly.

416894387_24526899346925469_2974834275641893392_n.jpg

21 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Bad start to the new years spend already 🤷🏼‍♂️

But what can you do…….

enough spares to build another one included. 

IMG_1201.thumb.jpeg.1a56a12733cc8eb1bc71638cf1e0e12d.jpeg

Haha, you're not the only one. I'm waiting on my rather expensive new toy to arrive and we're only 1 week into the new year...

Guest Marauder211

I just got this MFH assault vest and Mil-Tec chest rig, it's the beginning of my loadout of the Monolith faction from Stalker. It's not 100% faithful to the games, but I will still make it look good and be built for airsoft rather than cosplay.

20240107_174145.jpg

9 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Bad start to the new years spend already 🤷🏼‍♂️

But what can you do…….

enough spares to build another one included. 

IMG_1201.thumb.jpeg.1a56a12733cc8eb1bc71638cf1e0e12d.jpeg

I'm well jell, an uzi will be added to my wall one of these days...

10 hours ago, gavinkempsell said:

I'm well jell, an uzi will be added to my wall one of these days...

I wasn’t actively on the look out for one, it just sorta …….. happened 😂

I told you all I was waiting for something expensive to arrive... MWS #2 will be a short barreled rifle. Will have a modern and a retro build for it, but will likely just go retro most of the time.

image.thumb.jpeg.f335d2b350d0ca0d20e8055587ceda8c.jpeg