Where did your forum name originate?

After a long time out of being online I decided to get back into things like World of Warcraft and other online bits and bobs.  I didn't want to reuse all my old names though, I sat down staring at my screen for about half an hour...

Jamsandwich just popped into my head and I've used it ever since.  Sometimes its taken and I go with Jamsandwich4u, but its unusual enough that I still like to use it and it still gets the odd comment.  Every now and then I bump into a Hamsandwich but they're few and far between!

Unfortunately, some people are determined to call me James...that's not my name.

• Supporters

Loz/Lozzy is my IRL nickname. The "art" bit came when I started painting stuff for money (which I don't do any more).

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Jamsandwich said:

After a long time out of being online I decided to get back into things like World of Warcraft and other online bits and bobs.  I didn't want to reuse all my old names though, I sat down staring at my screen for about half an hour...

Jamsandwich just popped into my head and I've used it ever since.  Sometimes its taken and I go with Jamsandwich4u, but its unusual enough that I still like to use it and it still gets the odd comment.  Every now and then I bump into a Hamsandwich but they're few and far between!

Unfortunately, some people are determined to call me James...that's not my name.

Thanks for sharing Jim 😜

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Herrgh said:

The noise you make when you get back to the safe zone.

Wot, & see the lunchtime specials 🤮

Mine's our house nickname from Uni, kinda still applies nowadays although rather than studenty craziness it's two boys (three if you include me) and all the hobbies - airsoft, football, MTB, surfing, snowboarding, paddleboarding, cricket, rugby, athletics, gaming .... and many more! - basically there's always something on 😁

Well that is a touch more thought from many of you than I put in. When I started those that recognise the Waaargh bit (orks as well as orcs and goblins from games workshop) was how I play airsoft....with brutal and cunning, I was a terror to the table with my random bulshit and exceptionally timed perfect rolls.

Oh and name to encourage trust in buying stuff...

Weirdly many of my other usernames revolve around the ideas of piracy

I play in a Tactical Pith Helmet....

It's tacticool as it has a net from ebay stretched over it.  

I do play other filmsim games, but Namsoft is my favourite by far.  The social is even better than than the other Gunman games.   

8 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

I play in a Tactical Pith Helmet....  

He really is taking the pith 😋

My first AEG was a shitty double eagle AK47... and I used to watch a lot of nigahiga back in the day where he would constantly say things like "shizzle, nizzle, frizzle" etc.

God, what a time.

• Supporters
56 minutes ago, Jacket said:

The regiment I was in, ‘The Royal Green Jackets’

images.png

🖖good times........

Mostly lol 😆 

• Supporters
20 minutes ago, Jacket said:

We get everywhere

We do, usually faster than everyone else 🤣

army-fail.gif

On 04/09/2024 at 18:07, Hudson said:

ORKS ORKS ORKS

Really satisfying to see undead players cry to my gobbo list

Leadly is short for "lead arse" as I used to sit down an awful lot at the beginning of my railway career 😅 

18 years later the nickname is still going strong, I've just learnt to hide a bit better when I go for a sit down!

• Supporters

Netrek, in the early 1990s (player roster from 1992).  Originally just "Roger", for the never-not-funny "Roger that message" response in chat, the "borg" got added when I figured out how to crack the client and cheat like a speedsofter slightly enhance my game experience.  Three decades later, it seems to have stuck.

tom4.jpg