Where did your forum name originate?

Not much to say, I used to play an old game called Virtual On. Played it once when I was at a bowling alley and got hooked.

Apharmd was one of the cooler mechs. Armed with a plasma SPAS-12 and lightsaber tonfas.

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Jez_Armstrong said:

Not a big fan of forum names if I'm honest, I've always tried to use my actual name so people know who I am and it adds trust to sales 👍

I get that, which is why I never understand why some peeps have drastically different usernames across different forums etc, I know most of them aren't dodgy, but it just looks moody sometimes.

2 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

When I first joined arnies I saw loads of usernames with really cringeworthy stuff like leetsniperdeltaforcesas in them so I went for the opposite. Since then I've usually stuck with it 

I'm Jez on there too 😂 joined in 2006 

Half Life. impulse101 was a console command to give all weapons and ammo

Then a retailer in Japan decided to use it, so I dropped the 101 to try and avoid confusion...

Being one of them 'earlier adopter' types, I was early in on interwebz back when being 'Roscoe' was enough to stand out on a chat list.   
When all the 'Johnny-come-latelies' started filling things up, I changed to Atomic Rooster as my online nom de guerre.   Turns out I'd subliminally picked that up from the name of a Prog Rock band (my genre of choice, and yet I don't think I've ever heard any of their music).   Still, other Atomic Roosters appeared occasionally, so had to go to something else...

I think I've got the lightest touch of Tourette's syndrome, and used to say  "Spooooons" a lot (pre Wetherspoons!), which highly amused my boss at the time, and so Rostok McSpoons became my new forum / gamer tag.   Been using it for many. many years.

I saw that old boss in a pub meet-up for the first time in about 20 years recently.    As soon we saw each other.... "Spooooooons!" :D

Current profile name was a gamer tag I used in Battlefield, my last profile I used my name gavinkempsell but managed to lock myself out of my profile & set this one up a few weeks ago.

my CB handle in the 80's was miscellaneousman (god knows why)

previous gamer tags were Manb@@bs, Manb@@bs3, Manboobs. I refuse to say why. 🙄

• Supporters

Mine originates from when i was young, dumb, and edgy enough to think it was a funny name.

However it's surprisingly rarely taken so i kept using it and at this point it's just the name i use online.

Kind of ironic that i'm simaltaneously using a pseudonym to remain anonymous online whilst keeping that name constant which aids recognition.

5 hours ago, GenuineGerman said:

Just trying to keep it light and humourous. Where did your Airsoft/username come from? Nil points if it’s your actual name, sorry. 

image.thumb.jpeg.968dabcad84daad3474aac0c522c3ebc.jpeg

From Family Guy, and the Evil Monkey that lives in Chris closet.  Plus its been my gamer handle on Planetside 1 and 2 and pretty much every game I ever play

• Supporters
1 hour ago, ButcherBill said:

Current profile name was a gamer tag I used in Battlefield, my last profile I used my name gavinkempsell but managed to lock myself out of my profile & set this one up a few weeks ago.

my CB handle in the 80's was miscellaneousman (god knows why)

previous gamer tags were Manb@@bs, Manb@@bs3, Manboobs. I refuse to say why. 🙄

DOH, I remember thinking this new guys as addicted buying rifs as that jock bugger gavinkempsell (who's been quiet lately),at no point did I put 2 & 2 together 🤦‍♂️

@Shamal edit: sorry mate, I mentioned you, hadn't spotted your update, it won't even let me take your name down ffs. I'll pm you.☹️

Back when I was a wee lad, I picked up the nickname Kipper because of the cartoon dog. I don't remember how it came about but I've used it on forums for ages (inc Arnies circa 2004 😐). I stuck the LM on the front because Kipper was taken; LM standing for LordMoose, which makes up part of the randomly generated eBay name I plumped for also about 20 years ago.

Mines from a cartoon strip that was in the mountain biking uk magazine , used to be into mountain biking in my younger days , mintsauce was a sheep that rode a mountain bike in the cartoon , since the internet first came around my email address has always been a variation of the name

Tenuous link time....

Egon from Ghostbusters was kinda my hero and with my surname being rowley, I figured it was close enough to egon ronay (foodie type) to use it. I likes me food, me. 😂😁

I’m guessing most people here are familiar with Black Hawk Down, so mine’s probably pretty obvious. But, for those that don’t know, Super64 was the call sign of Micheal Durant’s MH-60 Black Hawk during Operation Gothic Serpent, the second Black Hawk to be shot down, which then became the location of Gary Gordon and Randy Shughart’s heroic action. I’ve always been interested in aviation as well as military equipment, and I’ve always admired the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment. So, when I was looking for a username for the airsoft forums, Super64 just seemed to fit.