What Have You Learned About Airsoft Recently?

Cr0-Magnon

It does make me wonder how people make it through a skirmish on a hot day! 

I'm sat there swigging on my 5 litre bottle of council pop while everyone else is smashing monsters and bottles of fizz!

Love a cheeky lucazade sport as well!

• Supporters
40 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

At least if you stick with the proper sports drinks you get to replace lost electrolytes etc

5 Hour Energy Rep came by our work. - Page 2 - DFW Mustangs

<Thread derail> At this point, I wouldn't touch anything with sugar in it, and no, not even "fruit sugars".

With the possible exception of arena speedsoft, airsoft just isn't that intense, and healthy humans (or even me) do not need to burn significant amounts of carbs for energy.  I went all day Sunday on ham salad and peanuts (for the salt) plus copious amounts of water, job done. No peaks or crashes, no feeling of hunger or bloating, no brain fuzz, and now I can reach past doughnuts to get to the cabbage without feeling any urge to gorge on empty calories.  If you find that hard to believe, that's your addiction speaking. :P 

image.png.0cd8b5298d757d325ab5a4669abbcb55.png

2 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

5 Hour Energy Rep came by our work. - Page 2 - DFW Mustangs

<Thread derail> At this point, I wouldn't touch anything with sugar in it, and no, not even "fruit sugars".

With the possible exception of arena speedsoft, airsoft just isn't that intense, and healthy humans (or even me) do not need to burn significant amounts of carbs for energy.  I went all day Sunday on ham salad and peanuts (for the salt) plus copious amounts of water, job done. No peaks or crashes, no feeling of hunger or bloating, no brain fuzz, and now I can reach past doughnuts to get to the cabbage without feeling any urge to gorge on empty calories.  If you find that hard to believe, that's your addiction speaking. :P 

image.png.0cd8b5298d757d325ab5a4669abbcb55.png

But then how do you justify being addicted to chaffles? Asking for a friend!!

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, leadly said:

But then how do you justify being addicted to chaffles? Asking for a friend!!

No, see, what I like isn't an addiction, it's wholesome virtue.  This is easy to understand, your brain is just clogged with bread and pasta.

Same with airsoft.  My highly realistic imitation firearms are laser accurate and an investment. Your silly toy gnus are over-priced trinkets that will break then burn your house down then call your insurance company and claim that you started the fire yourself for the money.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Skara said:

They suck up water harder than a low quality whore sucks dicks.

A few years ago i made the huge mistake of drinking a monster energy can before a tournament and ended up with cramps and mild dehydration halfway through.

Never.

Fucking.

Again.

I hate these things on so many levels , you go in to a shop looking for some ‘full fat’ coke and it’s like your looking for a bottle of freshly squeezed baby blood ! “Oohh cokes bad for you it’s full of sugar !” BUT it’s absolutely fine to have racks full of all the brands of ‘energy’ drinks you want ? have you seen the contents of those cans of poison in comparison ? 
 500ml bottle of coke has 50gs of sugar(12 teaspoons worth !) and 60mg of caffeine . That’s basically it .

500ml can of monster has 54gs of sugar(13 teaspoons) and 160mg of caffeine ! BUT that’s not all it also has artificial sweeteners in it(WTF ?) plus it has Ginseng/Guarana seed extract/L-Carnitine&L-Tatrate in it which are all fast release stimulants and the last two are pure chemical ones which have proven links to heart arithmia in under 25’s ! 
plus the hydration value of all the energy drinks is much lower than of ‘bog standard’ fizzy drinks due to the increase of cardiac output associated with the stimulants which will cause you to sweat more and so loose more body fluid .

48 minutes ago, Skara said:

After all, can't beat good ol' H2O, can you?

It's all I drink when I'm out playing.

45p for a 2 litre bottle of it from Lidl, I bring a few of them with me, all I need (if I wasn't lazy / knackered at the end of a full days game I'd take the bottles home and refill them next time).

1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

plus the hydration value of all the energy drinks is much lower than of ‘bog standard’ fizzy drinks due to the increase of cardiac output associated with the stimulants which will cause you to sweat more and so loose more body fluid .

Add to this the diuretic effects of caffeine and it gets worse

I usually take my camelback and a couple of bottles of isotonic drinks. If its particularly hot I'll also bring a extra litre of water to top up the camelback if needed

4lt on a skirmish day, 2 on the back and 2 in the bag for refill at lunch. I do need to get in to the habit of salts and electrolites replacement. I do drink coffee like a feind though this is mostly due to getting to site early having packed properly the night before and then have little to do except chew the fat, gwak at others kit and drink coffee.

1 hour ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

4lt on a skirmish day, 2 on the back and 2 in the bag for refill at lunch. I do need to get in to the habit of salts and electrolites replacement. I do drink coffee like a feind though this is mostly due to getting to site early having packed properly the night before and then have little to do except chew the fat, gwak at others kit and drink coffee.

That's my exact method.

Bomb up the night before,vests loaded,batts in guns. Turn up at site drink free coffee,have couple of fags and a natter. Then game on👍

Regards 

11 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Breakfast, lunch and dinner of champions.

image.png.7b9bb88dfb068c325710b23c00682576.png

I used to love pork pies but it difficult finding a good old fashioned proper one with the jelly and a crusty outer case.☹

20 hours ago, Shamal said:

Turn up at site drink free coffee

This might be why i am not making friends at site, i'm a (cheap arse) coffee snob, i bring the grounds and a filter....just use the hot water.........

*tuts* free coffee ha! 

1 hour ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

This might be why i am not making friends at site, i'm a (cheap arse) coffee snob, i bring the grounds and a filter....just use the hot water.........

*tuts* free coffee ha! 

Well your coffee is gonna taste a lot better than the sites £2 a sack economy stuff. Lol

Regards 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Shamal said:

Well your coffee is gonna taste a lot better than the sites £2 a sack economy stuff. Lol

Regards 

yeah but it's coffee, it'll still taste like you just scraped the burnt bits off your toast into a mug and mixed it with water.

gimme a nice chai or earl grey any day

8 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

yeah but it's coffee, it'll still taste like you just scraped the burnt bits off your toast into a mug and mixed it with water.

Yorkshire tea 🍵 for me.

Can't be doing with that perfumed see through tea lol.

😉

Regards 

4 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

If its good enough for patrick stewart ...

He gets his tea from the replicator which has never seen a tea leaf. Lol

1 minute ago, Adolf Hamster said:

And?

Well nothing I guess lol.just saying is all 😀

Can't beat a nice green tea with pomegranate and a well jellied pork pie with chilli relish; cold water pastry hard and almost shiny until you bite it in the summer. 

Failing that a beef and onion pie slathered in Colman's mustard and HP sauce.   Quick two fingers of sloe gin in the winter and you've had the breakfast of champions.  You'll be ready to take the world on.  

6 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

Can't beat a nice green tea with pomegranate and a well jellied pork pie with chilli relish; cold water pastry hard and almost shiny until you bite it in the summer. 

Failing that a beef and onion pie slathered in Colman's mustard and HP sauce.   Quick two fingers of sloe gin in the winter and you've had the breakfast of champions.  You'll be ready to take the world on.  

Nice 👍

• Supporters
1 hour ago, DerDer said:

Harry1 really wants a GBBR

To the point where he's messaging about for-sales from years ago. But you'll have to post it, and he's only got £300 to give himself a birthday present.  I feel such a connection to him now, I'm really rooting for him on his quest.

• Supporters
14 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

If its good enough for patrick stewart ...

87FD7680-250D-4B06-A162-EC5AED37D488.jpeg

17 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Again, thats the £2 a sack stuff 😂

I am partial to some black teas which might be quicker than the filter...

As to the Picard test, (and this may light up the thread) i'll take my hot drinks advice from 2 better captians from ST.