The 'How Did Your Airsoft Day Go? Thread

Skara

• Moderators

Played my first game since 2019 yesterday at GMA Tuddenham, even took my 14 yr old who i hardly saw the entire game as he was off enjoying himself and my brother who less so 😂

2 dead batteries but other two were fine after all that time…. Now he has a shopping list and hopefully means I’ll get out more

Still struggling with headwear, mask and eye pro fittings 😂😂🤦‍♂️

My 4th skirmish at Players of War Airsoft & 56 days from my first gameday, which means time to buy some RIF's.

I'm not photogenic but here's some pics from today & the previous gamedays...

Honest, I was holding the fort up in one pic (very Health & Safety conscious in my old age), The dodgy night pic is from around 1997/98 long after I left the TA so playing soldiers with springer L85A1 even back then.

I'd like to add a big thanks to the site owners, marshalls & other players for the fun & games, I don't get many Sunday's off but have enjoyed crawling through the mud every time..

364772435_662987905851579_8108427855924942707_n.jpg

347559526_647711227379247_8267771720514665736_n.jpg

347407898_639864521497251_4159841128353080941_n.jpg

me.jpg

me2.jpg

33640_150893538286056_1858821_n.jpg

18 minutes ago, Skullchewer said:

I like that fort! Looks like fun. Is it open inside, or walls etc?

It's complete on 2 sides with walls being erected as and when they can, it has 2 levels but they're not safe to use yet (a marshall occasionally uses the upper level to... marshall).

It's a huge site with bunkers, & cover all over the place, Checkout Players of War Airsoft on facebook for more site pics.

Open on the inside at the moment, don't know if there are plans to build within the fort.

Edited by gavinkempsell

Not an Airsoft day, but we were real steeling it with clays yesterday.  Me, the boy and the ol' man went to Stumbletts near Horam, where the ol' man is one of the organisers.

We didn't realise it was a competition day, so the stands were trickier than usual, but managed a decent (for me ) score of 24/50, the boy beat me AGAIN by one, but we managed to both beat dad - but then his eye's are terrible and he has new photochromatic glasses which made his vision even worse in the sun LOL.  Bear mind I only get to do this a couple of times a year, and the boy has only used grown up cartridges and 12 bores 3 times.

The boy also spent two days up dad's field with an air rifle hunting bunnies and pigeons.  However, they got the better of him this time - although dad's cat which is both decrepit and pitch black, and called Satan, managed two clean kills just to mock the boy.

Fun times.

Compress_20230731_104649_9057.thumb.jpg.2ccd332974acf4a02727110ee24c26d7.jpg

Compress_20230731_104648_8036.thumb.jpg.9d4372efa5cecf4748138d96f223720a.jpg

Compress_20230731_104648_8431.thumb.jpg.64df16466f2a7d56a60c3711bb5c304c.jpg

Compress_20230731_104648_8611.thumb.jpg.b5d8bfbac6991c7e8245f309edc81e4f.jpg

Compress_20230731_104648_8818.thumb.jpg.46b363cb17f391522f6b24b758cfabb1.jpg

Edited by Dan Robinson

54 minutes ago, Dan Robinson said:

Compress_20230731_104648_8818.thumb.jpg.46b363cb17f391522f6b24b758cfabb1.jpg

I don't want to be a Negative Nancy but you're the one who posted non airsoft stuff on an airsoft thread, so....

Any hearing pro for the dog?

Also is there any ecological benefit to "hunting" rabbits and pigeons in a field, or is it just for kicks?

45 minutes ago, Dan Robinson said:

Forgot Satan's efforts:

Compress_20230731_110411_1305.thumb.jpg.eface2af790382daee4cec0330fea0bf.jpg

This was bunny number 2 of the weekend. 

Nice Bonsai Bagheera you got there ❤️

He's a lovely puddy cat - he just turned up a couple of years ago.  Decided to adopt my dad and step mum, and has been keeping busy with all the bunnies ever since.  The boy was very annoyed that he was 2 for 0 this weekend.   So now to shut him up, I just meow at him 🤣

Edited by Dan Robinson

11 minutes ago, Skullchewer said:

TM PX4 Storm

How's that running for you?  I had a chance to buy one a while back (before I bought the 5.1 DOR) and kind of regretted not getting it, the looks have really grown on me

3 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

How's that running for you?  I had a chance to buy one a while back (before I bought the 5.1 DOR) and kind of regretted not getting it, the looks have really grown on me

It's one of my favourite pistols.  Reliable, accurate and comfortable in my paws. Every time I use it I think I should use it more, because it's a really fun little thing. I also really love the way it looks. 

3 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Any hearing pro for the dog?

He's not my dog, but no there wasn't - nor on the other 4 that were there.  These are all working dogs; and that one was a two year old in training hence he was on  lead as the little fecker was off retrieving clays during the set-up test pulls 😆.  The owner was joking that he wasn't the sharpest tool in the box.  The others were all perfectly behaved; not one even flinched when the guns fired.  Whether or not they wear ear protection when out working I couldn't tell you, but a Sunday morning shoot they just chill out of the way because they know they're not doing anything and have a nice water bowl up by the clubhouse.

3 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Also is there any ecological benefit to "hunting" rabbits and pigeons in a field, or is it just for kicks?

Both really - my dad has a small holding and the rabbits are at his fruit and veg.  Pigeons are vermin anyway - although quite tasty at the same time.  For the first time since they've been there (20 years +), Deer have become an issue so he's had to put up fencing to stop them getting at the trees in the new orchard he's planted.  We're wondering where the legal boundary is for "farmers" to be able to shoot Deer with a shotgun, because those things can really jump; but hopefully the fence will be enough as the freezers are all full.

Edited by Dan Robinson

Yesterday was our first game with our own gnus instead of rentals, so there was much excitement in the lead-up to the day.

First thing I realised was how much extra prep there is now.  Make sure then gnu's are fit to fight, get LiPos charged ready to go, check mags are feeding, don't forget your speed-loader, bring a USB LiPo charger in case you need an emergency top-up at lunchtime...

On the plus side, both my Double Eagle and the boys Cyma G36 performed flawless all day long, bar some intermittent feeding issues on full auto for the G36.  Reading around it seems the HiCap G36 mag may be to blame, I have a spare for him to try next time.   

First time going through a chrono check, his clocked in at 313 on .20s and mine at 290 on .25s.  Was surprised to just be asked what weight I was using, I had assumed I'd be asked to load a few of the sites own BBs so that people can't under report to get through chrono.

Game highlights for me were managing to push up a central line unnoticed whilst the enemy were trying to flank on the left.  As they encountered resistance in their push they started to bunch up, effectively stacking themselves up for me to pick off. 

Also managed to get a few CQBish kills in some clearance action walking into enemy held positions.  Got the drop on a couple of guys, then I heard voices in a tower, so rounded the corner and loosed off a couple of shots.  A trio of rental kiddies started yelping and looked like rabbits in the headlights, so I stopped at that point as it was pretty close range.  The two survivors repaid my mercy by lighting me up, no good deed goes unpunished.

We had a couple of friends (Dad and son) with us for their first go at airsoft who did the morning session.  Sadly I don't think they'll be back, the young lad didn't enjoy being shot and I think was a bit overwhelmed by the whole affair, the morning session was pretty heavy in terms of incoming fire, which allows me a segue into...

5 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Now time for the unpopular opinion... 
As much as everyone might pile on to AirsoftSniper, I have to say I have concerns about HPA too... The previous game day I came back with just a couple of small ping marks on me.  After playing against multiple HPA'ers yesterday, I came back looking like I'd walked into a wasp nest.  At one point I got hit on my mesh face mask by an HPA guy at close-ish range and I felt the whole mask jump off my face.   Hey, that might be the difference between running at bang-on the site limit, where as most AEGs are probably running at 300-330 / 0.20g, but Spec Ops only zip-tied the regulators for a game or two, they're not doing it now.   Cheat-mode can be engaged with a twist of a knob, and I suspect the temptation is too much for some of them.   Putting that suspicion aside, their extended range and volume of fire from just a few players can unbalance the game-play.   however much they might want to stick together, it's best to distribute them across the two teams.  That certainly prevents any grumbles and mutterings!

I'm still too new to the game to really have enough insight, but I've played a few games now, been hit many times (I'm crap) and at close range and never had much of a mark to show for it.  Yesterday felt much heavier in terms of incoming fire.  I had a few hits that stumbled me, you had a huge welt on your neck, some other guy had one even bigger than that.  The boy has some decent impact marks on his chest even through a couple of layers of MTP.  

As you say, not sure if that was a someone shooting hot or just something that can consistently get a lot of rounds down range right up to the FPS limit.  We've come into the game as newbies expecting some variation both in terms of sportsmanship and game-days, so we just include this alongside poor hit-taking or team-balancing issues in the bottom line figure of what makes a good day vs bad day in the world of airsoft.

1 hour ago, Gunboat Diplomat said:

We had a couple of friends (Dad and son) with us for their first go at airsoft who did the morning session.  Sadly I don't think they'll be back, the young lad didn't enjoy being shot and I think was a bit overwhelmed by the whole affair, the morning session was pretty heavy in terms of incoming fire

Sorry to hear that.  On reflection those HPA guns might not have been shooting hot, but they might have been throwing some heavy BBs.  Whatever the reason its not great when the end result is an unhappy player who won't take up the sport.

With regards to 'being crap'.. what do you mean? In my book the crap people are the ones who are at the back of the field cowering in cover and occasionally pinging shots that will fall 20m short of the enemy.

Anyone who gets killed a lot trying to push up or get in range to add their weight of fire to the front line is doing a great job 👍

1 hour ago, Gunboat Diplomat said:

been hit many times (I'm crap)

Dude you're paying to be shot as much as you shoot.  If you're not getting hit, you're not taking part. 

My only wish is that respawn points weren't so far away. 🤣

• Supporters
34 minutes ago, Dan Robinson said:

Dude you're paying to be shot as much as you shoot.  If you're not getting hit, you're not taking part.  

Amen 🙏

@Gunboat Diplomat, I've taken a few noobs to games over the years, & quite a few have complained about being shot, usually because it sometimes stings, but my response is always the same........

"IF YOU DON'T WANT TO GET SHOT, WORK HARDER, GET YOUR ARSE LOWER ON THE GROUND OR MOVE FASTER WHEN UNDER FIRE, & MOST OF ALL, THINK SMARTER" 

Obviously I'm not suggesting your not doing any of these things, but I consider this to be a competitive sport, if speed & fitness doesn't help your play, then sneaky tactics & use of the terrain/cover will help you win the day, just gotta find your playing style that gets the best results, rather than following the herd of codsofters lol.