THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

A high power valve will increase your FPS, but also your gas efficiency (less shots from the mag).

I would take a tighter/longer barrel. You get more FPS, but still have the same gas efficiency. Also if get new mags, no need to change the valves on those to get them to the same level as the other ones.

Search this thread, there were plenty of posts detailing which barrel length or inner diameter was used to get 400fps

So this is my first GBBR (TM M4 MWS) that I bought last Saturday and from what it looks like the bbs are going to the right.
The strange thing is, is that when I'm not aiming down the iron sight the bb looks to be going straight but when I aim and look down the iron sight the bbs are going to the right.

Is there anything I can do? I have not even tried opening the M4 as I do not want to break any of the internals. Not sure where the hop up and it did not come with a cleaning rod and not sure if the inner barrel is dirty.

Im using 0.25g BBs.

On 11/03/2018 at 05:27, Wo1f said:

As a lot of threads end up with one of us recommending the Tokyo Marui MWS, and i get PM's asking about it, i figured I'd start a thread to keep all of the information in one place. Here i plan on covering a general overview of the gun, as well as upgrade parts, general maintenance and tuning. If anyone else wants to share any information, guides or even gameplay with their MWS, here is the place to do it. With that being said, lets get on with it.

I've had my 2  Tm m4 GBBR's for a little over a year now, and they've got through dozens of changes to get them where they are today. Out of the box they are beautifully finished and boast impressive performance. I bought my first one from Zeroone, who price matched it for me. At the time the gun set me back £430 and the magazines £35, but they have risen quite a bit in price in most places. 

IMG_3927_zpsz7rxeiyo.jpg

The gun is incredibly well finished and sports a Cerakoted receiver. Before opening the box, i didn't get what the big deal was about Cerakote, but that all changed after using it over time. The finish is VERY resistant to the hard life I've shown it, and is far more scratch resistant than any paint or anodization on any other gun I've owned. The two I have still don't have a scratch on them. At the rear is a standard m4 stock, which does its job with little wobble, but isn't the nicest one I've ever seen. The railed handguard is very solid and nicely finished with all of the correct numbered markings on the rails. From there you have your usual front triangle iron sight which DOES NOT have a sling attachment at the base.

IMG_3987_zpso2htzhee.jpg

The magazines hold 35 BB's and have a Cerakoted shell to keep them from scratching easily. They have very recently started coming with silent fill valves, but are mostly the normal kind that hiss when filling and spray liquid propane when full. Its worth noting that the valve sits at an angle to the baseplate. One modification i would highly recommend to do is the "green gas mod" which involves removing a long zinc tube from inside the magazine. This allows more gas into the magazine and upping your shots per gas fill dramatically, with some people reporting 150+ shots from a single gas charge. As a side note, i have started to just cut the zinc tube about 1 inch from the base instead of removing it entirely. A video showing how to do it: 

Chronograph Results:

using blaster .20 BB's and green gas i got around 298 fps with a deviation of 2FPS. yes, you heard that right, " FPS. This thing is incredibly consistent!

Important information:

The inner barrel is 250mm on the 10.5 " CQBR and the 14.5" carbine, meaning on the 14.5" outer you can fit a much longer 370mm inner barrel. The Hop up adjustment dial is similar to Tm pistols and can be located inside the upper receiver by locking the bolt back and looking down the magwell. Due to the way the outer barrel is cut, it's not possible to fit an aftermarket rail onto the gun without one of two things. A barrel adapter ring (PTS, ORGA and a couple of others make them and usually cost £10) or A dytac outer barrel, which has a wider lip, as shown below. Dytac on the left

IMG_3968_zps1x4y8tv5.jpg

First shots:

I took it down to the 20m range at the First and only shop and loaded it up with .28 blaster devils. They had multiple targets there, but i focused on the little spinning targets at the back wall. The orange discs must have been no more than 1.5 inches in diameter and i was hitting it virtually every time with the iron sights. So far, very impressed with the accuracy. So much so, I treated it to a new dress!

IMG_E0479_zps8run8vz5.jpg

First internal upgrades:

After speaking with Dave about the gun, he explained that the gun wouldnt hop really heavy weight BB's with the standard nub. because it was hollow and squished when applying hop pressure. To remedy this he machined me a great little nub out of brass. Isn't it beautiful!?

IMG_2737_zps3vxhrk4r.jpg

This meant i could now lift much heavier BB's increasing my range and accuracy even further than the already impressive stock performance. Using this new nub and GEOFF .32 bb''s i was able to get the bb's out 60+M with a flat trajectory. They were making a 1.5-2ft grouping on the plastic bales as seen in the video below.

I have SOOO much move to cover, including barrel reviews, customs mods and a DMR build, but its 5;30 am and i need to be up in an hour, so we'll continue this tomorrow

What can I upgrade to get more accuracy?

On 11/10/2022 at 13:50, Chai. said:

So this is my first GBBR (TM M4 MWS) that I bought last Saturday and from what it looks like the bbs are going to the right.
The strange thing is, is that when I'm not aiming down the iron sight the bb looks to be going straight but when I aim and look down the iron sight the bbs are going to the right.

Is there anything I can do? I have not even tried opening the M4 as I do not want to break any of the internals. Not sure where the hop up and it did not come with a cleaning rod and not sure if the inner barrel is dirty.

Im using 0.25g BBs.

If the BBs look to be going straight but the sight is off to the left it sounds like you just need to adjust the rear sight windage (side to side adjustment) to match the BBs point of inpact.

The hop up adjustment is detailed in the instructions, if you didn’t get a paper copy you can find the PDF online easy enough. 

Set the hop up, zero the sights then play a few games before looking to change lots of stuff. The stock barrel and hop rubber are really good.

Edited by SSPKali

I think my MWS MK18 build is finally complete.

internals

sixG brass nub

modify tan bucking

prometheus 370mm 6.03 inner barrel

PTS mec buffer with spacers

DynamicPrecision nozzle spring set

T8 gas routers (magazines)

external 

Magpul pistol grip

Magpul foregrip
Magpul CTR stock

Clone surefire socom suppressor

Clobe eotech optics (evolution gear)

pherro concepts sling

Krylon rattle cans - olive drab, sand, brown

2B289C1E-02D8-4484-BD49-90137985EA00.jpeg

B9AF1103-AA7A-42D9-BAE9-C2CBF27179CF.jpeg

19328CE4-EF37-4E38-85F3-8477C5CE99E2.jpeg

Looking for a holographic sight for my TM M4 MWS that actually can be used as a sight and not just for looks?

Budget is around £200-300. Willing to push up to £400 or I would no more than that.

Looking to also combine it with a magnifier behind it. (Please list some options for this as well)

1 minute ago, Chai. said:

Looking for a holographic sight for my TM M4 MWS that actually can be used as a sight and not just for looks?

Budget is around £200-300. Willing to push up to £400 or I would no more than that.

Looking to also combine it with a magnifier behind it. (Please list some options for this as well)

You’d probably find an older style secondhand Eotech 552 for well under that , but I’d almost guarantee it wouldn’t be on here . get yourself onto some other shooting forums or set some alerts up on eBay , Optics warehouse secondhand / Preowned section is a good place to keep an eye on . Above everything else do your homework on how to spot a fake .

So I’ve just bought my first mws and it’s seems a bit hot. My regular site, a cqb venue, allows.25g max weight. I’ve chrono’d and am around 320 or 1.2 joules. I’ve poked through this thread and am at page 110atm and have read minimal info on my options.  Atm it appears that my opinions are :

angry gun mpa nozzle 

ra tech npas 

or “Olli’s “ nozzle spring mod. 
I’ve had experience with the first two on WE platforms, with good results ( my skirmish rifle uses a stock WE nozzle with the ag valve which I can adjust nicely). 
would appreciate hearing your choice of fps taming? 

Edit 

im using Nuprol green gas. 

Edited by SBoardley
Added gas type

RA tech NPAS has served me well. Had to import from emperion though as there wasn't any UK stock. That might have changed now.

On 17/10/2022 at 20:09, SBoardley said:

So I’ve just bought my first mws and it’s seems a bit hot. My regular site, a cqb venue, allows.25g max weight. I’ve chrono’d and am around 320 or 1.2 joules. I’ve poked through this thread and am at page 110atm and have read minimal info on my options.  Atm it appears that my opinions are :

angry gun mpa nozzle 

ra tech npas 

or “Olli’s “ nozzle spring mod. 
I’ve had experience with the first two on WE platforms, with good results ( my skirmish rifle uses a stock WE nozzle with the ag valve which I can adjust nicely). 
would appreciate hearing your choice of fps taming? 

Edit 

im using Nuprol green gas. 

Is that 320 on 0.25s?

Surely 320 on 0.2s is fine for CQB

Just drop down to duster gas, also bear in mind that being a GBB it will increase fps on heavier ammo as it ‘auto volumes’.

You shouldn’t need to de-tune an MWS, it’s made for Jap law, just change gas accordingly, you’ll want to use more and more powerful gas as the ambient temp drops.

Hey all,

I wanted to tap into the hive mind that is all MWS owners. As some of you may know I have an MWS built with the Angry Gun Tarran Tactical TTR1 Conversion kit (got it for a steal from a great guy in Holland). I had intended on using it as a DMR so fitted a Scope. COVID got I the way so I never used it in anger. I have now purchased the phenomenal Umarex H&K PSG1 GBB and for the mean time I have fitted the scope on there so need to replace the optic on the TTR1.

I am hoping to go Red Dot with a magnifier or something like that so that I can use it as a hybrid with a bit more reach but under the 350fps so no minimum engagement distance.

I have a Vortex in my other MWS so looking for similar sort of thing.

Am I completely off the mark or do we all think this is a decent idea. Looking forwards to the suggestions

4 minutes ago, RobHedley said:

Hey all,

I wanted to tap into the hive mind that is all MWS owners. As some of you may know I have an MWS built with the Angry Gun Tarran Tactical TTR1 Conversion kit (got it for a steal from a great guy in Holland). I had intended on using it as a DMR so fitted a Scope. COVID got I the way so I never used it in anger. I have now purchased the phenomenal Umarex H&K PSG1 GBB and for the mean time I have fitted the scope on there so need to replace the optic on the TTR1.

I am hoping to go Red Dot with a magnifier or something like that so that I can use it as a hybrid with a bit more reach but under the 350fps so no minimum engagement distance.

I have a Vortex in my other MWS so looking for similar sort of thing.

Am I completely off the mark or do we all think this is a decent idea. Looking forwards to the suggestions

I ended up not being a huge fan of the red dot/magnifier combo, but I used one of these as the mag and had zero issues with the product itself. I had my red dot on a Unity Riser, so the mag was mounted in a Unity mag mount (the flip to centre was a big deal for me, albeit at a very high cost). Obviously mounts will end up being specific to what you like, but hopefully this is useful information nevertheless.

3 hours ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

Yeah absolutely, they can start off a very tight fit (or not at all in my last purchase) and loosen up over time.

Is there any way of correcting this?

There’s a temp fix of using kids hair bands, the thin clear elastic type on the certain points in the receiver…Olly talks Airsoft YouTube channel has a video with one of his mates as a guest, sure they talk about it on that.

Otherwise aftermarket receiver or get it re cerakoted.

Hey Guys!

Will be using my MWS for the first time in a few weeks. Weather is forecast to be 10c but feel like 5c.

Will I be okay on Nuprol 2.0 or should I go upto 3.0? MWS is totally stock.

Cheers!

On 12/11/2019 at 15:38, RobHedley said:

Well I have a nice project to work on!!

As per my post a while ago I bought the front end of the Angry Gun John Wick conversion set that @LVOA-D had bought to replace his upper that he broke. Well about a week ago, I received an email from him stating he was giving up Airsoft and did I want to buy the rest of the kit plus the donor MWS. Well I jumped at the chance. For the same price of a new MWS I got an unused MWS, the John Wick/Tarran Tactical kit, Prometheus Barrel, TM Tracer Unit plus extras such as SixG Nub, Modify Tan bucking, tools etc.

I am going to build it into a DMR. As can be seen it is essentially in kit form so I will be l learning a lot about the inner workings of the MWS in intimate detail!! At least I have my other MWS to use as a reference 😳

2E342A72-B292-4C36-8CBD-EA160B633D0D.jpeg

Hi Rob, are you willing to sell the John wick 2 kit or are you still using it?

Hey Chai,

Unfortunately I am still using it or should I say will be using it. I have scavenged the Scope of it to put on the new PSG-1 GBB and plan on purchasing a Vortex Crossfire and 3x Magnifier so I can use it as a middle distance rifle. i.e. I have my MWS Block One for CQB and Skirmishes, my PSG-1 DMR for sneaky sniper stuff which leave a big hole in the middle which I hope will be filled by the TTR1. Soz.

Are Angry Gun still making them? I know they were extortionate when they came out. It does look pretty cool though! Excuse the Dogs paws in the photo, bugger get’s everywhere!

F9825C78-7CB9-4F57-9067-9E18017B2834.jpeg

Edited by RobHedley

On 21/10/2022 at 07:18, Davegolf said:

Just drop down to duster gas, also bear in mind that being a GBB it will increase fps on heavier ammo as it ‘auto volumes’.

You shouldn’t need to de-tune an MWS, it’s made for Jap law, just change gas accordingly, you’ll want to use more and more powerful gas as the ambient temp drops.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have Nuprol 1.0  and more green gas coming tomorrow. I will test this weekend. 

On 16/10/2022 at 11:50, Chai. said:

You should post a wanted add in the classifieds buddy!

I may just have some RS Eotechs going ;)

P.S Boys I'm back :D

Right then lads and lasses. Im about to fill an MWS shaped hole in my life and need to make sure I've got the basics covered. 

From reading through the thread the most common point of failure is the nozzle return spring and the Dynamic precision replacement is a good start. Would that be accurate? Same goes for feed lips & the creation replacements?

Is the Angrygun NPAS worth it?

Finally, externally - I'd like to go more classic than modern as all my kit is more period. Other than the Extortionately priced AG m733 & a2 receivers, are there any options for fixed carry handle uppers at all? Ive found the G&P Fixed stock and buffer tubes internationally, but are there any other options available that I'm missing?

Sorry that its a lot to ask all at once but I haven't been this excited about getting a new gun in about a decade.

Cheers in advance!

On 01/11/2022 at 15:02, Whats said:

Right then lads and lasses. Im about to fill an MWS shaped hole in my life and need to make sure I've got the basics covered. 

From reading through the thread the most common point of failure is the nozzle return spring and the Dynamic precision replacement is a good start. Would that be accurate? Same goes for feed lips & the creation replacements?

Is the Angrygun NPAS worth it?

Finally, externally - I'd like to go more classic than modern as all my kit is more period. Other than the Extortionately priced AG m733 & a2 receivers, are there any options for fixed carry handle uppers at all? Ive found the G&P Fixed stock and buffer tubes internationally, but are there any other options available that I'm missing?

Sorry that its a lot to ask all at once but I haven't been this excited about getting a new gun in about a decade.

Cheers in advance!

I'm in the same boat... wanting a classic carry handle MWS for a long time. There is another option which is the Japanese NOVA. They have both an XM177E2 marking and an M16A1 marking. They are more expensive than Angry Gun but only because it is a kit that comes with XM177E2 complete front assembly. They also sell the M16A1 metal body stand alone and I think its just slightly cheaper than AG? I already ordered the NOVA and if all goes well, I can post the results soon.