THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

I think I paid 65 each so yeah quite expensive but I needed the modem look for my a2. I like how you have a couple different options for loading, and they are definitely well designed though obviously have a couple of issues with seals. But once this has been overcome I feel they are worth it.
Just wish I could get an Emag version tbh. Rs ones fit my WE and ngrs! Maybe someone knows someone who could print some gm spec shells? Dunno. 

I can't understand why TM haven't dropped their MWS mags into a P-Mag or E-Mag shell. Maybe one day. 

Think I'll pick up some of the GM ones and grab myself some addition o-rings!

12 hours ago, C-Diddy said:

I can't understand why TM haven't dropped their MWS mags into a P-Mag or E-Mag shell. Maybe one day. 

Think I'll pick up some of the GM ones and grab myself some addition o-rings!

Licensing issues I expect. 

13 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Licensing issues I expect. 

I didn't think the word 'licensing' was in Japanese vocabulary. Never stopped them before.

Guest dgiles06

Hello lads 

I'm thinking on picking up a mws as a project/light skirmish gun 

And would like to ask a few questions 

1: how durable is the receiver is it made from a quality material that won't crack.

2:How reliable are these and how long do they last before an issue appears 

3:will the ratech magic reciver pins work In this

4: After extended use on green gass what parts will break I know about the nozzle return spring but what else shurley it being run at a higher pressure will damage something 

Edited by dgiles06

gm p mags…
@Salamanca just letting you know bud, I had a leak from the output valve on one magazine today. Not sure so I took all the orings off and soaked them in silicone oil, but it did feel slightly loose in its thread, so when I put it back in I made sure i cranked it nice and firm. 
Incidentally, the valve knocker is held in by a pin which has serrations on one end to hold the pin in place. I found out which end the hard way. The serrated side is on the side of the stick on thermometer thingy so you need to hit the pin  from the side. Hope this helps peoples. 

Great, thanks for the update. I will give my output valves a service, based on this. 

14 hours ago, cart3rlfc said:

What is the recommended way of adjusting the FPS on the mws? 

I installed an RAtech NPAS and using that alongside green gas allows me to get up to UK legal limits with the ability to tune it up in the cold and down in the warm. Cheap and a 15 min mod. Nothing more needed.

8 hours ago, Khyber said:

I installed an RAtech NPAS and using that alongside green gas allows me to get up to UK legal limits with the ability to tune it up in the cold and down in the warm. Cheap and a 15 min mod. Nothing more needed.

All works well and as intended?

Just now, cart3rlfc said:

All works well and as intended?

So far so good. Been running mine from new with it in. Around 10k shots through it nearly a year on and never skipped a beat. Not even had to replace the nozzle return spring due to green gas yet either. YMMV...

Propane is basically what's in airsoft gas. But pure without additives and lubricants. It's possible but you will absolutely want an NPAS and your system will need extra maintaining on your part. Buy silicone spray and regularly spray all rubber parts of the mags. Keeps them supple and extends life. Also as with all gbb regular cleaning and regreasing is vital for smooth running. 9 thought about this route but after pricing up large bottles of propane it wasn't much cheaper in the UK. America yes. Ther are videos on the process but it's not entirely safe and quite a faff.

3 hours ago, cart3rlfc said:

Is it okay to run the mws on propane? Thinking of buying an adapter, and using propane, reason I ask is some people say yes and others seem to think not, fully stock.

You've probably seen BadaBing's videos on YouTube, but he runs his MWS (and everything else) on propane. As @Khybersaid, propane is 'dryer' than most of the airsoft gases (144a, green, red etc) so a bit of additional lube is probably a good idea.

1 hour ago, C-Diddy said:

You've probably seen BadaBing's videos on YouTube, but he runs his MWS (and everything else) on propane. As @Khybersaid, propane is 'dryer' than most of the airsoft gases (144a, green, red etc) so a bit of additional lube is probably a good idea.

Yea I'm thinking during the colder months use that, thanks for the info! 

You can pick up 400g propane for about £8 online so does seem a small saving.

Will I Definitely be above 350fps on propane though?

Gonna be dusting off my MWS after it’s been in storage for over 8 months. I know shocking. Me of all people should know better. Luckily it was greased up and the mags had abbey maintenance gas shoved into them. 

So cleaning regime. 
1. Check mags for leaks. 
2. Check mag rubber dingy dong  gas router to make sure all is well. 
3 Check the piston rubber for cracks and dryness. FYI gents if you don’t lube it, it’s gonna dry up and crack. Have a pink tub of lube which I keep forgetting what it’s called. 

4. Barrel clean 

5. Gun oil all metal friction on friction parts. 
6. Check the hop rubber. Should be fine. But still I’ll have a look. 

Have I missed anything?

Edited by AlphaBear

3 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Gonna be dusting off my MWS after it’s been in storage for over 8 months. I know shocking. Me of all people should know better. Luckily it was greased up and the mags had abbey maintenance gas shoved into them. 

So cleaning regime. 
1. Check mags for leaks. 
2. Check mag rubber dingy dong  gas router to make sure all is well. 
3 Check the piston rubber for cracks and dryness. FYI gents if you don’t lube it, it’s gonna dry up and crack. Have a pink tub of lube which I keep forgetting what it’s called. 

4. Barrel clean 

5. Gun oil all metal friction on friction parts. 
6. Check the hop rubber. Should be fine. But still I’ll have a look. 

Have I missed anything?

Yes lad!!! Gun day is fun day. 

Fairly comprehensive list there pal. Only thing I did after not using mine for around three months, was run each mag through the gun to make sure there's nothing sinister going on.

Which gas you going to run? UltraAir or Abbey Predator? Those are your go-to gases IIRC.

2 hours ago, C-Diddy said:

Yes lad!!! Gun day is fun day. 

Fairly comprehensive list there pal. Only thing I did after not using mine for around three months, was run each mag through the gun to make sure there's nothing sinister going on.

Which gas you going to run? UltraAir or Abbey Predator? Those are your go-to gases IIRC.

I’m gonna stick UltraAir into three mags and Abbey pred (red bottle) in the other three. And then see if there’s any difference. I’ll run 0.3 G&G’s as the ammo as I’ve accumulated quite a horde of them. The 0.4’s I’ll leave to the TM 417. 

Not sue if these are the best, but a combination of these is what I use:

Tech T Gun Sav lube

Abbey Rifle and Gun Oil

Abbey Silicon Spray

Gun oil on the metal parts, Tech T (the pink tub AlphaBear mentions) for the piston seal and a bit of silicon on flannelette pulled-through for the barrel - one wet, two dry.

Standing by to be told I'm talking out my hoop 😆

1 hour ago, Emergencychimps said:

What's the best lubricant to use? Had some issues feeding today, could have been the cold (around 4 degree c) or could have been my lack of cleaning. 

A dry(ing) piston seal will cause cycling faults for sure.

It should be lubed with TechT before each game day.

45 minutes ago, C-Diddy said:

Not sue if these are the best, but a combination of these is what I use:

Tech T Gun Sav lube

Abbey Rifle and Gun Oil

Abbey Silicon Spray

Gun oil on the metal parts, Tech T (the pink tub AlphaBear mentions) for the piston seal and a bit of silicon on flannelette pulled-through for the barrel - one wet, two dry.

Standing by to be told I'm talking out my hoop 😆

Not at all, I like the Parker Hale gun oil, real steel stuff, smells amazing too.