THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

1 hour ago, SilentSparky said:

I'd like a carry handle for my MWS, any recommendations?

LC's Engineering Outpost seems to be the go-to for a proper carry-handle upper. ATRG has a great walk through on his blog : https://atrg.blog/2021/11/20/carry-handle-conversions-by-lcs-engineering-outpost/

That looks very cool, but looking for a bolt on carry handle to give flexibility of switching the look around, plus a lot cheaper 🙂

Just joined the club!

Been wanting one for ages, sold alot of my other guns and bits and pieces to save the money up.

Might keep it like this as I'm not entirely sure what rail systems will fit.

IMG_20220722_160148.jpg

5 hours ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

If you like a certain rail, ask, most of us on this thread have probably gone through 2 or 3 😂

I'm going to be reading this thread from page 1.

I imagine someone has named some rails that fit. I'm looking for a DD style rail though.

Hey kinda new to this thread I found it and has been using it as a guide to build my own MWS DMR build figured I finally drop by and say hello and thanks for all the information about this platform, I really enjoyed working on it and having fun using it at my local field.

20220718_000023.jpg

20 hours ago, DrFumbles said:

I'm going to be reading this thread from page 1.

I imagine someone has named some rails that fit. I'm looking for a DD style rail though.

Have a read through this thread (yep, all 250+ pages) and you'll see loads of us have tried various rails. If you can't be bothered with that, although you should as you'll pick up loads of tips. take a look at the ATRG Blog - https://atrg.blog/2018/06/15/how-to-bake-your-rails/

The article mentions a bunch of different DD rails you could look at and how you can get them closer to the finish of the original. Madbull and G&P are pretty popular choices. 

22 hours ago, ReachXDS said:

Hey kinda new to this thread I found it and has been using it as a guide to build my own MWS DMR build figured I finally drop by and say hello and thanks for all the information about this platform, I really enjoyed working on it and having fun using it at my local field.

20220718_000023.jpg

Solid build mate, good job! May I ask you the stock though, looks perfect for a DMR! I'm building my DMR nowadays and I suppose you used the Recce kit for the handguard, if I'm not mistaken.

Fitted the AG Hard Kick steel buffer today. Along with the Hao heavy bolt end and TM bolt it gives a nice thump when fired. Similar to a soft shooting 5.56x45 and while it did slow down full auto (not that I use it) double taps were still snappy enough.

When the temp drops I have the Alu and OG plastic buffers in the spares box (and a whole lightweight bolt!)

I need to fill a mag with 14g gas and see how many shots I get from it. As long as I can get 70+ I will be happy.

41 minutes ago, SSPKali said:

Fitted the AG Hard Kick steel buffer today. Along with the Hao heavy bolt end and TM bolt it gives a nice thump when fired. Similar to a soft shooting 5.56x45 and while it did slow down full auto (not that I use it) double taps were still snappy enough.

When the temp drops I have the Alu and OG plastic buffers in the spares box (and a whole lightweight bolt!)

I need to fill a mag with 14g gas and see how many shots I get from it. As long as I can get 70+ I will be happy.

My HAO bolt end is in customs right now, and I have an AG hard kick buffer incoming as well. Can't wait to try it! 

Can anyone help?

Whenever I fill the magazine with gas alot of it coming out of the bottom where I fill it.

Is this supposed to happen?

Also as my pic shows it's seated at an angle is this normal?

IMG_20220727_123208.jpg

17 hours ago, DrFumbles said:

Hi guys,

If I was to get the PTS Adapter would I be able to install a Nuprol Bocca rail?

I think it would be absolutely fine! All of the MWS barrel adapters are very similar as they are essentially just a spacer that's designed to stop the outer barrel sliding out the front of the barrel nut. They should allow you to install most AEG spec rails.

For example, using a barrel adapter [unsure which one] I put the Madbull DD Block II rail onto one of my MWS's with no problems.

1 hour ago, DrFumbles said:

Ah brilliant so I just place these over the top and I won't need to open the mag up?

Yep. TM mags do tend to piss gas everywhere when filling.

Pop this over the inlet valve and push down with the gas filler nozzle, and hey presto, silent filling.

If it's leaking from under the filler valve (which if new it shouldn't do, but could) they are simple enough to fix. You can even add a drop of silicon oil over the valve and that should feed down any gaps and expand the o-rings.

6 hours ago, DrFumbles said:

Can anyone help?

Whenever I fill the magazine with gas alot of it coming out of the bottom where I fill it.

Is this supposed to happen?

Also as my pic shows it's seated at an angle is this normal?

IMG_20220727_123208.jpg

TM designed it that way, it is venting the air as you fill it with gas, if not the air will prevent the mag filling fully. You know it is full when green gas splutters out (it is cold!)