THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

Hey folks been a while since I needed a little technical help.

So about 10 months in with use around every 4 weeks and nearly 10k shots in, I have noticed something on my bolt whilst cleaning. There is a notch that has been made in the the bolt from it slamming into the roller in the trigger group.

20221110_122141.thumb.jpg.5932aff4140bfb32a8acb189a6b98709.jpg

It now has a very noticable indent when you rack the bolt resulting in the bolt 'sticking' about half way through its travel.

Has anyone else experienced this with a similar aged MWS? 

Would the thing to do be to just file it smooth like the red line here?...

20221110_122339.jpg.9ac7b2dcd0949f0d185897c0726a3c14.jpg

4 hours ago, Khyber said:

Hey folks been a while since I needed a little technical help.

So about 10 months in with use around every 4 weeks and nearly 10k shots in, I have noticed something on my bolt whilst cleaning. There is a notch that has been made in the the bolt from it slamming into the roller in the trigger group.

20221110_122141.thumb.jpg.5932aff4140bfb32a8acb189a6b98709.jpg

It now has a very noticable indent when you rack the bolt resulting in the bolt 'sticking' about half way through its travel.

Has anyone else experienced this with a similar aged MWS? 

Would the thing to do be to just file it smooth like the red line here?...

20221110_122339.jpg.9ac7b2dcd0949f0d185897c0726a3c14.jpg

This is normal. Every MWS does this. You can shave it down and smooth it off, but it will return. Its where the bolt hits the buffer stop

9 hours ago, Cipher-032 said:

This is normal. Every MWS does this. You can shave it down and smooth it off, but it will return. Its where the bolt hits the buffer stop

Thanks. I assumed it was likely a common occurrence. I'll get at it with a file. Hopefully will sort out the issue.

20 minutes ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

That’s a long boi.

Very cool, made me think of the “a4” from GRAW 2:9FD26EDD-99EC-4775-981A-F3D9655FB018.jpeg.32119399d51db50c171b04e46062a2b2.jpeg

Tbf a comp 2 was top of my list for optics choices.

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/09/2021 at 11:37, Panama said:

Permission to come aboard folks?

After spending the last couple of weeks reading all 350 odd pages of this thread, yes 350 odd, my browser crashed somewhere around the mid 100’s. So I thought well it won’t do any harm to read everything from the start again so I don’t miss anything 😉

I managed to pick up my MWS from @GothicGhost on here on the 10th August, along with a few other bits he had as well. You can probably excommunicate him from this thread now 🤣

This is a pic of it as he had put it back to stock and in the advert:

99280535_MyM4MWSasperGothicGhostsadvert.thumb.jpg.d5f717718880b2f4bd3cc0b9bf7d768e.jpg

I have since upgraded it and added @davegolf’s awesome SixG Super nub (https://sixgunsmithing.com/2018/03/11/sixg-super-nub-for-marui-gbbr/) and have his HSB (https://sixgunsmithing.com/2019/07/07/sixg-hsb-high-speed-buffer/) on order as well.

I also swapped to the Modify Tan bucking and the inner barrel to the G&P Marui MWS V 330mm one that I picked up with it.

With a few other external mods and another 3 mags, it now looks like this and I love it

29386620_13-09-2021MyTMM4A1MWS.thumb.jpg.006f976433dd633fc2f9c5503ddb65ed.jpg

Thank you for everyone that has contributed to this amazing thread so far!

Reading through the thread again as I am getting  another MWS to go with my MTW DMR  lol I miss the recoil :P

Also when it comes to PDW stock is 5KU and DYTAC anygood  or should ty and find a  G&P ones only?

Thank you.

Edited by GothicGhost

Had to replace my TM nozzle the other week, as the front gas port plastic bit was bending back. 

This is the Dynamic Precision nozzle after approx 30 rounds yesterday, mid-game

IMG_3434.jpeg.44ec61652a73d07b3e57d16f001b05fd.jpeg

I'm not impressed.

Got a Guns Modify one to try. What are peoples recommendations at the moment, as TM ones seem non-existent?

On 28/11/2022 at 19:28, lokkers said:

Had to replace my TM nozzle the other week, as the front gas port plastic bit was bending back. 

This is the Dynamic Precision nozzle after approx 30 rounds yesterday, mid-game

IMG_3434.jpeg.44ec61652a73d07b3e57d16f001b05fd.jpeg

I'm not impressed.

Got a Guns Modify one to try. What are peoples recommendations at the moment, as TM ones seem non-existent?

TM or GM nozzles all the way. DP ones are brittle and shatter. Some have had good luck with the v2 Angry Gun ones.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, is there an updated spreadsheet with the parts that actually work well?

On 26/10/2022 at 15:29, RobHedley said:

Are Angry Gun still making them? I know they were extortionate when they came out. It does look pretty cool though! Excuse the Dogs paws in the photo, bugger get’s everywhere!

I saw on Instagram that EMG are testing out a TTI kit for the MWS. Not sure who the OEM is.

Also whilst poking around instead of working, I saw the Noveske is up for pre-order as a complete rifle. The body kit is more expensive, but the whole rifle is Cyma based and MWS compatible.

https://www.evike.com/products/102356/

Additionally, it is different to the Double Eagle system

https://www.evike.com/products/103135/

The wording is slightly different as well. The Cyma is MWS compatible, whilst the DE says its the MWS system.

Edited by rj1986

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone got opinions on the guns modify pmag? I bought 6 brand new recently and so far I’ve had to replace the bottom gasket with a juicier oring on 2 of them. 
also I swear there are two different fps versions? Half seem around 270 and half seems around 305 on .25g bbs. 

22 hours ago, SBoardley said:

Has anyone got opinions on the guns modify pmag? I bought 6 brand new recently and so far I’ve had to replace the bottom gasket with a juicier oring on 2 of them. 
also I swear there are two different fps versions? Half seem around 270 and half seems around 305 on .25g bbs. 

Edited by C-Diddy

1 hour ago, C-Diddy said:

Yeah seen. And this was an opinion on one magazine. I have six and was hoping people on here would share their experiences?

but thanks anyway. 

4 hours ago, SBoardley said:

Yeah seen. And this was an opinion on one magazine. I have six and was hoping people on here would share their experiences?

but thanks anyway. 

Be interested hearing the responses as I'm contemplating a few myself. 

Edited by C-Diddy

I bought six. One leaked from new out of the box, and another leaked after being used once. It appears they have both leaked from the fill valve. They seem to produce a bit more power than standard mags, but it is a small increase. Luckily I still have six standard mags. At some point I will get them sorted.

I have 5 and 2 developed leaks from the base. Opened them up and tried some PTFE, did the trick for a wee while. Don’t suppose anyone knows the right size or slightly larger o-ring to replace the original or if it a case of going the way of MP7 mags and using instant gasket? 

1 hour ago, gus88 said:

I have 5 and 2 developed leaks from the base. Opened them up and tried some PTFE, did the trick for a wee while. Don’t suppose anyone knows the right size or slightly larger o-ring to replace the original or if it a case of going the way of MP7 mags and using instant gasket? 

I have replaced two gaskets from the base with orings. They work a treat. The size is 24ODx2mm thick, maybe slightly thinner but as close to 2mm as a tape measure will allow. 

They were tough to get in but persevere bro. 

On 30/12/2022 at 00:01, SBoardley said:

I have replaced two gaskets from the base with orings. They work a treat. The size is 24ODx2mm thick, maybe slightly thinner but as close to 2mm as a tape measure will allow. 

They were tough to get in but persevere bro. 

Which retailer did you get yours from, if you don't mind me asking?

Appreciate that @SBoardley Still very tempted. I was looking at the European retailers, as the mags are quite a bit cheaper, but the postage charges are nuts. 

Edited by C-Diddy