Gun picture thread

M_P

13 hours ago, MILITATED said:

That M16 is a dream, I have to build one 😱 Do you happen to have a parts list floating about? Excellent job

Thanks! The essentials for the M16 are:

G&P 20" steel WA system outer barrel, with unknown brand WA-MWS adapter

G&P front end furniture (M203 heatshield, M5 RAS, I have a standard A2 handguard too but not sure who that's from)

I believe this is a DNA barrel nut, it's definitely not the normal TM one. The person I bought the nut from among other things mentioned that the 203 won't work with the standard barrel nut, it seems like that screw gets in the way

MWC Stock kit. These are built to MWS spec and have large spacers inside, so you can use a carbine buffer inside rather than having to switch out to a rifle length buffer. No weight difference, just saves a bit of faff when finding parts

The 203 is believed to be a king arms, I have a G&P as well and consider the king arms superior because the tube rails have a detent at the end of travel so it holds open as long as you want it

The ACOG is holy warrior, I'm not sold on it currently compared to the G&P repro I used to have but I also don't have enough time with it to say for certain.

I don't believe the UID is correct for an A4 of this era, but this receiver gets passed around a lot of builds and it links to a google doc with info such as current chrono/npas setting, what the hop is set for, whether it's had any recent issues to keep an eye out for etc

6 hours ago, Impulse said:

I try to avoid Angry Gun parts like the plague as I have heard there are... issues :D. I did an m16a4 build with G&P AEG parts, but recently swapped out for MK12 Mod 1 parts (posted it a bit further up) and it has firmly cemented its spot as my go-to non-bolt action rifle. I absolutely love the aesthetic of it!

I'm a fan of the MK12 but I have a VFC M110 for my quad rail DMR fix, I still want a mod 0 though at some point XD

Angry gun are not that bad but you really have to temper your expectations, if it's something with threads or any precise machining like a bolt then you have to understand they don't have a great sucess rate. Stick to simple things like buffers though and they're fine, and I've seen angry gun bolts that lasted almost a whole day before as well. It was broken by lunchtime but the fact it actually fit in the gun, didn't break itself apart when testing at home, got through chrono and then played a couple hours of games is quite impressive for angry gun.

Fwiw I've heard that their receiver/front end kits can be workable too if you're alright with a dremel, but I wouldn't personally chance it

Got this little beauty in the post this morning. A VFC G19x to replace my aging WE G17. It well made and feels much nicer than my WE one.. Hoping to try it out over the next few weeks. 20230919_123201.thumb.jpg.682ce61bdaf7a64b7590fc5be6df2fa3.jpg 

On 16/09/2023 at 15:24, MrTea said:

Question about your flash hider, I have one of those Airsoft Artisan ones and only just got around to putting it on the G&G L85... where the outer barrel isn't threaded. The standard flash hider just slides on and there's a pin that secures into a groove on the outer barrel.

Are G&G doing strange things with their L85A2 and do the ICS ones have a threaded barrel?

I’m not sure about G&G but the ICS has a threaded barrel so it screwed on.  The ICS flashhider had a small grub screw on it to stop it from walking off the barrel.  Is the G&G hider definitely pinned or might it have a grub screw too?

1 hour ago, Johndaniel4863 said:

The latest and last for a while addition to my collection of HKs an LCT G3 and it is great!

How broad is you H&K collection?

I snapped up an XM8 for mine... it'll prob never be used in anger.

So far I have got a G3, HK33, MP5K, MP5 PDW, MP5SD5, MP5A4 to match my AK family of weapons and think the only ones i will use in anger will be the MP5A4 and MP5 PDW....need to wait for patrolbase to deliver my G3 magazines which says could take until 10 November?! 

I really would love a HK P7...i would even wear a suit on skirmish and talk like Hans Gruber!

Edited by Johndaniel4863

55 minutes ago, Johndaniel4863 said:

So far I have got a G3, HK33, MP5K, MP5 PDW, MP5SD5, MP5A4 to match my AK family of weapons and think the only ones i will use in anger will be the MP5A4 and MP5 PDW

Nice.

Edited by gavinkempsell

In the nicest possible way Jim, F*CK YOU!!!! 🤣🤣🤣

I am very jealous. That's a great collection of some very handsome looking gats. Bravo sir, bravo 👏 

20230924_144744.thumb.jpg.1eac6c9a0d1595a8282939ee7ca03ea5.jpg20230924_144730.thumb.jpg.a8e317871e1dd748cb089f11badd0b59.jpg

Got this far with my g3 as u got fed up with it being 4 shades of grey and black. Can't decide whether tinleave it at this or do something more to it.

It will have the vortex optics reattached and wrapped in some woodland scrim netting as I just couldn't bring myself to spray the sights.

Latest Glock build.

TM G17 gen3 donorgun.

First go with a JDG frame. Shoots great although I’m not completly happy with how the guarder slide sits on the frame. Also my first brownish build. I prefer od if not black but for some reason od parts are rare. Rare as deserts in Europe.

9498872A-D2F6-4B3A-A56E-FEADEC2C4A2D.thumb.jpeg.a9dfdb494ca32c8d48b305ecbfc24eaf.jpeg

Edited by theSwede