Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

• Supporters

If I had a crate of original recipe Irn Bru, I wouldn't trade it for that lot.

At the risk of winding up someone who might play at the Depot, I also notice:

£80 for a 8 year old gun with a humped battery.

Versus £46 new from TaiwanGun. £39 from GunFire.  The absolute most I can find to pay for one is £89 for a two toned one... but with a warranty and fresh battery.

That's the reduced price, it was originally up for £100.

I'm confused.  Confused and scared. Someone hold me.

• Head Moderator
6 hours ago, Tackle said:

This ones a gem 😁

£500........hmmm........I'll have to think about it 😉

Now this is actually a proper "Airsoft Dreamer" and worthy of being in Mack's topic.

• Supporters
26 minutes ago, Arwen said:

It's almost like he's found a bag of Airsoft kit on a bus and is now trying to sell it, without researching first...

But... it's in the original box.  With the silicone packet and everything.  I'm torn between wanting to know the thinking behind those prices, and really not wanting to know.

36 minutes ago, Arwen said:

It's almost like he's found a bag of Airsoft kit on a bus and is now trying to sell it, without researching first...

...or stolen ?

• Supporters

AND it’s not the first sale either , Did try selling it for £100 at first ! 🤦‍♂️

• Supporters
8 hours ago, Tackle said:

This ones a gem 😁

£500........hmmm........I'll have to think about it 😉

Did he add an extra 0 onto the end of that or something? :lol:

Now this is actually a proper "Airsoft Dreamer" and worthy of being in Mack's topic.

Can we get a 'Dreamer Hall of Infamy' for the really special dreamers?

• Supporters

Oh, he of the £200 L96, and a mystery-meat M4 that didn't sell with 2 mags for £100, then got relisted with no mags, a hosed battery, and "not been tested for 3 years" for £120.

I'm almost tempted to put in some realistic offers, but I fear that we may have radically different views on what constitutes reality.

• Supporters

https://gunfire.pl/product-eng-1152198440-CM032-SF-rifle-replica-black.html

£210 for a broken charging handle and two mags worth a fiver each or a brand new one for £154. Yeah...righto.

https://www.prefired.com/ads/airsoft-joblot-rifs-gear-clothing/

Hey I know I’m new to Airsoft but £700 really?

A broken AEG a few broken pistols, a possibly functioning pistol and loads of random (likely cheap) bits?

• Supporters
1 hour ago, YorkieT17 said:

https://www.prefired.com/ads/airsoft-joblot-rifs-gear-clothing/

Hey I know I’m new to Airsoft but £700 really?

A broken AEG a few broken pistols, a possibly functioning pistol and loads of random (likely cheap) bits?

That I’ll have you know is a Jing Gong fixed stock Beta Spetznaz ! the rental bedrock that Airsoft sites are built on ! 🤣🤣

heres the double eagle one (same gun different name but same Chinese company !)

from those purveyors of the finest Airsoft equipment for the most operator of players !  🤦‍♂️

https://bbguns4less.co.uk/products/double-eagle-m901a-metal-ak47-krinkov-in-blue.html

9 hours ago, Druid799 said:

That I’ll have you know is a Jing Gong fixed stock Beta Spetznaz ! the rental bedrock that Airsoft sites are built on ! 🤣🤣

heres the double eagle one (same gun different name but same Chinese company !)

from those purveyors of the finest Airsoft equipment for the most operator of players !  🤦‍♂️

https://bbguns4less.co.uk/products/double-eagle-m901a-metal-ak47-krinkov-in-blue.html

No sir, the seller assured me it is TM! 🤣

• Supporters

It's not so much the price, it's the adamancy that " it will be COLLECTION ONLY , and i will sell this as BULK JOB LOT ONLY ".

What's the chances that there's someone out there who wants exactly what's in that pile of stuff, every bit of it, and is prepared to pay 70% of retail for it, and is local...

magicalthinking.jpg

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

It's not so much the price, it's the adamancy that " it will be COLLECTION ONLY , and i will sell this as BULK JOB LOT ONLY ".

What's the chances that there's someone out there who wants exactly what's in that pile of SHIT, every bit of SHIT, and is prepared to pay 70% of retail for SHIT, and is local TO THE SHIT.

magicalthinking.jpg

Fixed that for you Rog 😜

• Supporters
14 hours ago, E21A said:

🤔🤔🤔

Unfortunately, I think this is actually about right.

I saw a Batch 2 with less accessories sell for £700 about 4 months back... I put mine up and asked it to be valued, I don’t have half the accessories he his and mine was valued at £600.

(Owners page on FB-my brother asked for me as I don’t have!)

30 minutes ago, Prisce said:

Unfortunately, I think this is actually about right.

I saw a Batch 2 with less accessories sell for £700 about 4 months back... I put mine up and asked it to be valued, I don’t have half the accessories he his and mine was valued at £600.

(Owners page on FB-my brother asked for me as I don’t have!)

Really?? They’re €435 (??) new plus import taxes. So £550-600ish (not clued up on duty rates) 60% of that £360 plus the accessories at 60% 

• Supporters

£438 new, mysterious upgrade ?, 2 extra mags & 2 lipo's take it up to £620 ?, are we paying for his holidays abroad too ?

I'm sure I read a warning on the forum somewhere about buying upgraded TM guns.

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, MisterG said:

Be nice to know what the upgrade is that makes this bundle more expensive than new lol.

Anyway, thought that's why we buy tm, 'cos they don't usually need upgrades ?.

• Supporters
5 hours ago, E21A said:

Really?? They’re €435 (??) new plus import taxes. So £550-600ish (not clued up on duty rates) 60% of that £360 plus the accessories at 60% 

Yeah, I think I paid £435 for gun and accessories, £55 for postage, £130 for import charges and the like.

Think the reason they keep there value is simple, no waiting time, it’s branded and they do work straight out of the box. I know the Batch 2 are highly sort after because they had less issues than the other lot!  I’d be quite happy with £500 for mine!

26 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Be nice to know what the upgrade is that makes this bundle more expensive than new lol.

Anyway, thought that's why we buy tm, 'cos they don't usually need upgrades ?.

Probably the standard upgrade service firesupport offer which I think is £55 so cant include much unless he had a BTC fitted or the like but even then don’t think this warrants the price considering other packages go so significantly less with more included 

• Supporters
3 hours ago, MisterG said:

I freely admit I’ve been a total TM recoil whore basically since the first Socom came out , but i always advise against buying an up-graded one (bar possibly hop , inner barrel and the deans mod) me personally I just wouldn't go near one . Big problem is a player or a tec may be an absolute god on ‘normal’ gearboxes but the recoils just aren’t the same , you go on ANY TM recoil forum and you’ll see the same up-grade questions coming up again and again AND then a few wks later you see exactly the same people asking for advice because “X isn’t working” or “Y keeps happening when it shouldn’t” etc etc , and again it’s the same questions again and again ! And don’t even get my started on the all powerful ‘Btec spectre’ mosfet ! You’d think it has the powers of an AI computer the way the fan boys go on about them ! hence they ask stupid money for them .

For me I do think a lot of the up-grades that players recommend and go for are just a case of ‘the Emperors new clothes’ , the fan boys have it so it must be good and I must have it as well ? 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Druid799 said:

I’ve been a total whore

Hey its TM, if it ain't broke don't fix it

thK7VAU77X.jpg

11 hours ago, Druid799 said:

I freely admit I’ve been a total TM recoil whore basically since the first Socom came out , but i always advise against buying an up-graded one (bar possibly hop , inner barrel and the deans mod) me personally I just wouldn't go near one . Big problem is a player or a tec may be an absolute god on ‘normal’ gearboxes but the recoils just aren’t the same , you go on ANY TM recoil forum and you’ll see the same up-grade questions coming up again and again AND then a few wks later you see exactly the same people asking for advice because “X isn’t working” or “Y keeps happening when it shouldn’t” etc etc , and again it’s the same questions again and again ! And don’t even get my started on the all powerful ‘Btec spectre’ mosfet ! You’d think it has the powers of an AI computer the way the fan boys go on about them ! hence they ask stupid money for them .

For me I do think a lot of the up-grades that players recommend and go for are just a case of ‘the Emperors new clothes’ , the fan boys have it so it must be good and I must have it as well ? 

Exactly this, I don't know that the "tech" tech that upgraded the gun is any good which is why I rarely buy guns second hand unless I've used it before or know the history/it comes with the invoice to prove that the tech work was done by a reputable person (even then I'll be wary) still think this recoil is going for more than its worth as a friend has just sold a similar package with more than just the standard upgrades and 7 mags and a whole plethora of other bits included and he struggled to get £500 for it. Not saying this wont sell but with it barely having anything bar what it came with new the cost is way past what it should be selling for.