Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

On 02/01/2024 at 11:37, JinxDuh said:

https://prefired.co.uk/ads/l85-acog-z-mount/

£200 for an SA80 Z mount 🤣

"Had this for years"

And he'll have it for a few more at that price

1 hour ago, Hudson said:

No idea what it is, no idea what's wrong with it, but it can be yours for only £230!

As long as you pick it up yourself.

Used estate car. Don't know the brand, age or mileage.

Had it repaired, next thing fuel pump wouldn't feed fuel into into the engine. Haven't got the time to send it to get repaired. Eveything else works - £100,000. Bargain.

On 27/12/2023 at 21:35, Cannonfodder said:

"Only shoots full auto right now but it can be fixed and I dont have the time"

Tbh I'm more surprised that a fault described as an easy fix actually was

Sorting out the semi issue on an ICS l85 is probably the easiest repair on any Airsoft gun I’ve done, other than tightening a fill valve on a pistol as it’s one screw fitting a £15 replacement part.

However, the semi issue only occurs through wear, so if he’s got one that only shoots auto and one that does both then the one that only shoots auto has been used far more.  

Assuming the exterior’s not farked and the rest of it works okay I’d be tempted to have a punt at £150…

• Supporters

Apparently a second hand gun, that costs £495 new, rockets in value to £700 when you add a new hop, spring & a service. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a hop & spring an integral part of any aeg, without either it would be boneyard. 

Yep, servicing costs money but not essential to sell an aeg, unless of course it was faulty & needed the attention ?. 

Seller also states it's discontinued, while technically correct, 20 seconds on Google found a UK retailer with them in stock for £495, so I'm still trying to figure out why a secondhand gun, that shouldn't be worth more than £350, £400 at best, is apparently worth £700 ? 🤔

Opinions please, anyone else got a valuation ? 

8 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Apparently a second hand gun, that costs £495 new, rockets in value to £700 when you add a new hop, spring & a service. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a hop & spring an integral part of any aeg, without either it would be boneyard. 

Yep, servicing costs money but not essential to sell an aeg, unless of course it was faulty & needed the attention ?. 

Seller also states it's discontinued, while technically correct, 20 seconds on Google found a UK retailer with them in stock for £495, so I'm still trying to figure out why a secondhand gun, that shouldn't be worth more than £350, £400 at best, is apparently worth £700 ? 🤔

Opinions please, anyone else got a valuation ? 

Totally overpriced.

https://www.usedairsoft.co.uk/clothing-gear/wanted-as-starting-off_i55899

and

https://www.airsoft-hub.com/item/27250-beginner

"I've been bitten by the airsoft bug but I don't want to spend anything. I see so many of you have worked smart/hard or invested well or perhaps inherited to buy your gear so I just want to mooch off complete strangers."

Edited by Galvatron
Add another link of the same leech

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Galvatron said:

"I've been bitten by the airsoft bug but I don't want to spend anything. I see so many of you have worked smart/hard or invested well or perhaps inherited to buy your gear so I just want to mooch off complete strangers."

The pic looks familiar, as does the text, or at least the context, I think he tried it on here previously, & I've definitely seen similar posts elsewhere, whether its the same chancer I've no idea, they usually get short shrift.

LOL, probably related to the various pikeys that wander around with a petrol can claiming to have run out of fuel & needing a few quid to get to their wife who's in labour🤰

1 hour ago, Galvatron said:

Time to send all the broken/knackered stuff we all have kicking around at the back of the drawer.  I’ve got a KWA USPC with a knackered hop that it’s impossible to fix and make work for example…

Edited by Duff Beer

40 minutes ago, Duff Beer said:

Time to send all the broken/knackered stuff we all have kicking around at the back of the drawer.  I’ve got a KWA USPC with a knackered hop that it’s impossible to fix and make work for example…

It's not like he said it has to be in working or reparable condition. 🤷‍♂️

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Duff Beer said:

23 minutes ago, Galvatron said:

It's not like he said it has to be in working or reparable condition. 🤷‍♂️

Sounds like a great plan, except the pikey bastard will probably open a fresh account, & sell your knackered gat at full price to an unsuspecting noob claiming it's in full working order, payment by bank transfer or F&F only....... "no ukara mate, no problem but we'd better keep it on the DL then & F&F it" 😉

Some of the replies on here are amazing to read through 😂 I’ve been in airsoft for about 5 years and always thought it was just me who thought there were some delusional people expecting well over retail for a used gun for no reason! 
scared to post my gun for sale now though… but I’ll be checking back on here just in case there’s any ‘friendly’ advice 😉

• Head Moderator
4 hours ago, AttackBunny said:

scared to post my gun for sale now though… but I’ll be checking back on here just in case there’s any ‘friendly’ advice 😉

Just make a topic in the Appraisals section and get some idea of value before creating a Mack's worthy advert

https://airsoft-forums.uk/forum/151-appraisals/

• Supporters
13 hours ago, Galvatron said:

Sadly, it is indeed "worth a try" though. There was a 15 year old lad begging on one of the UK Failbook groups who successfully grifted a bunch of gear from "you can't tell me this is a bad idea!" contrarians.

As a thank you, he started posting pictures of himself up on his roof, doing his best Rooftop Korean impression.  The "told you so" was epic.

At least it's an inanimate object. I've seen people online begging for free pets, because they apparently don't have any money. I would like to chalk up the majority to kids just dreaming, but unfortunately have seen cases where adults willing take on a cat they can't afford any medical treatment for.

• Supporters
19 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

unfortunately have seen cases where adults willing take on a cat they can't afford any medical treatment for.

That boils my blood.

If you think the token adoption fee the shelters charge is expensive then you cant afford to keep even a healthy cat, and that's not fair to the animal.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

At least it's an inanimate object. I've seen people online begging for free pets, because they apparently don't have any money. I would like to chalk up the majority to kids just dreaming, but unfortunately have seen cases where adults willing take on a cat they can't afford any medical treatment for.

While I 100% agree with your point, as someone who has:

5 dogs

2 cats

5 chickens

2 ducks

13 cockatiels 

& 4 budgies, anyone with pets knows vet costs can literally be a bottomless bucket, even insurance has limitations, so there's always a chance that costs will outstrip "resources", but that shouldn't mean an animal can't get the life & love it deserves ?, especially rescues. 

On a similar vein, very shortly after a friend's sniffer dog was retired from the police, he unfortunately broke his leg, but had it been a couple of weeks earlier, the forces insurance would have covered the 8k+ bill, instead poor doggy lost his leg. 

Hardly seems fair, but then neither does families having to pay for their sons funeral when said son dies in Iraq or Afghanistan, as was the case all too often. 😢

@Tackle - I think we're talking about different situations. I mean when someone who doesn't have a pet says "I can't afford £150 to buy a cat. Can anyone give me one for free?"

You seem to be referring to caring pet owners, running in to unexpected difficulties? I of course wouldn't look down on the latter.

• Supporters

5 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

@Tackle - I think we're talking about different situations. I mean when someone who doesn't have a pet says "I can't afford £150 to buy a cat. Can anyone give me one for free?"

You seem to be referring to caring pet owners, running in to unexpected difficulties? I of course wouldn't look down on the latter.

LOL, sorry, I arrived late to the party & clearly misinterpreted what I skimmed over. 

But yeah, all too often peoples "want" for a pet clouds their decisions on the massive commitment, financial & otherwise, to pet ownership. 

https://prefired.co.uk/ads/el-aks74u-aeg-with-mods-and-original-parts-to-return-to-stock-if-needed/ 

Struggling to see where the justification for the £600 price tag. Considering it an E&L Essential with some unspecified brand of internal "upgrades" which consist of a hopup and tight bore inner barrel, and replica Zenitco parts 

Also the proof of ownership paper looks to be photoshop in so could be a scammer. 

39 minutes ago, Sniper780 said:

https://prefired.co.uk/ads/el-aks74u-aeg-with-mods-and-original-parts-to-return-to-stock-if-needed/ 

Struggling to see where the justification for the £600 price tag. Considering it an E&L Essential with some unspecified brand of internal "upgrades" which consist of a hopup and tight bore inner barrel, and replica Zenitco parts 

Also the proof of ownership paper looks to be photoshop in so could be a scammer. 

100% those time stamps are photoshopped 

plus the member only just joined today

smells o fish to me

Ive reported it, but can’t seem to comment on the sale which I would to just warn buyers (mugs for the price)

Edited by Enid_Puceflange

On 08/01/2024 at 02:36, AttackBunny said:

Some of the replies on here are amazing to read through 😂 I’ve been in airsoft for about 5 years and always thought it was just me who thought there were some delusional people expecting well over retail for a used gun for no reason! 

Welcome to Mack's - I use it for my 2nd hand shopping, I ask "would this be on Mack's?"