Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

40 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Stans. Stans everywhere.

The original lyrics are "Will Smith"....I did look through the thread for other two syllable usernames!

• Supporters
7 hours ago, Armourpiercing said:

From what I understand, he's claimed that "metal & plastic wear out" which is how the tan rail ended up being painted black, the hop unit changing & bluetac appearing in it.

Luke

i hope it's current owner is able to get their money back.

Moral question.

If I see a for sale ad,  and I know 100% the seller hasn’t complied with the manufacturers instructions on storage (essential,with this particular gun), should I tell everyone, or is it caveat emptor?

rdb

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Moral question.

If I see a for sale ad,  and I know 100% the seller hasn’t complied with the manufacturers instructions on storage (essential,with this particular gun), should I tell everyone, or is it caveat emptor?

rdb

has the seller been upfront about the storage in the advertisement? and if not, do they have any basis to justify not doing so (eg test firing to ensure function etc)?

perhaps initially messaging them and asking them to mention it in the ad might be a better route than calling them out? at least as a starting point.

35 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

has the seller been upfront about the storage in the advertisement? and if not, do they have any basis to justify not doing so (eg test firing to ensure function etc)?

perhaps initially messaging them and asking them to mention it in the ad might be a better route than calling them out? at least as a starting point.

No, I messaged them and asked them directly, they confirmed they had stored the gun incorrectly.

Ad hasn’t been edited to admit the mistake, so I’ve  asked them 

If they are going to.

cheers 👍🏻

I'm guessing it's the knocker spring getting knackered by leaving it stored with a mag in that's the issue. If so then definitely call them out as many buyers wouldn't know about this

Edited by Cannonfodder

and it is apparently gone. 

12 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

I'm guessing it's the knocker spring getting knackered by leaving it stored with a mag in that's the issue. If so then definitely call them out as many buyers wouldn't know about this

Interesting, does this apply to all GBBP? 🤔

1 hour ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Interesting, does this apply to all GBBP? 🤔

Nope, but safety says you shouldnt store anything gun-like with a magazine in it

2 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Nope, but safety says you shouldnt store anything gun-like with a magazine in it

Out of interest - how would you know that the owner hasn't followed the instructions?

What's to say that he didn't just put the mag in the gun for the Sales photos?

Genuine question - not picking holes. 

23 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Out of interest - how would you know that the owner hasn't followed the instructions?

What's to say that he didn't just put the mag in the gun for the Sales photos?

Genuine question - not picking holes. 

They admitted it when asked

18 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

No, I messaged them and asked them directly, they confirmed they had stored the gun incorrectly.

• Supporters
16 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

They admitted it when asked

Hmm, that's a tough one, as disclosing it punishes them for being honest.

I bet they won't be the next time a potential purchaser asks.

33 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Hmm, that's a tough one, as disclosing it punishes them for being honest.

I bet they won't be the next time a potential purchaser asks.

If they were being honest they would've mentioned it in the advert from the start. Most airsofters probably don't know about the problems caused by leaving a mag in so would be none the wiser till their new toy arrived broken 

• Supporters
59 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

If they were being honest they would've mentioned it in the advert from the start.

Er, maybe they don't know the significance. I honestly wasn't aware of it.

I'm playing Glennie's Advocate a bit here, and I certainly don't think you were wrong to ask and flag it up.

• Supporters

Playing devils advocate you have to accept 90% of airsofters are absolutely clueless about the proper care and function of their kit and think you can treat it like the dreaded ‘real kit’ used by action man and Rambo !😱 I think even if you had a mahoosive warning sticker on the box most would still miss it ! 😳

People these days just don’t listen or pay attention to following instructions or directions anymore this isn’t just Airsoft mind but across the board to every facet of life , society on the whole is thick as pigshit and needs to be spoon fed EVERYTHING and the manufacturer’s know this but if something breaks and has to be replaced ? more dosh for them ! 😉

On 05/03/2022 at 07:57, Cr0-Magnon said:

Could just be someone who's not really involved, trolling.

The real Andrey Shady should really stand up though.

Rogerborg don't gotta lie in his ads to sell RIFs
Well I do, so fuck him and fuck you too
You think I give a damn about a scammy
Half of you 'softers can't even stomach me
Let alone stand me

silly-world.gif

I literally just bought an M4 off this guy last week. And have just stumbled across all this today....

Anyone got a noose I can borrow?

On 05/03/2022 at 07:57, Cr0-Magnon said:

Could just be someone who's not really involved, trolling.

The real Andrey Shady should really stand up though.

Rogerborg don't gotta lie in his ads to sell RIFs
Well I do, so fuck him and fuck you too
You think I give a damn about a scammy
Half of you 'softers can't even stomach me
Let alone stand me

silly-world.gif

I literally just bought an M4 off this guy last week. And have just stumbled across all this today....

19 minutes ago, JDuffy90 said:

Yeah but you will bring it back won't you? 😉