The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

16 minutes ago, gavinkempsell said:

I only needed a barrel extension

The JG K length is literally a C with a barrel extension 😂 In fact, the majority of them seem to follow in the same pattern. Initially the UGL came with my "Full" length S&T which I've built to be an MG36!

Got an extension ordered, my only concern is the lack of bayonet catch but won't loose any sleep over it.

9 minutes ago, gavinkempsell said:

Got an extension ordered, my only concern is the lack of bayonet catch but won't loose any sleep over it.

A few of the G&P ones are still floating about, but they're a bit pricey imho!

5 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Hello airsoft friends!  Are these good RIFs to buy to win at airsoftwars battle maps?

image.thumb.png.947dce0fd60ee18c44edb5a677ecd826.png

The pistol has 1.3 jewels, just like a watch, and the advanced future riflegun has pure polymer bushings in its bearings so should run very smoothelely!

Yeah boi, thats sik man

The MK1 looks like a gat gun. Still got mine lol.

• Supporters
16 minutes ago, Shamal said:

The MK1 looks like a gat gun. Still got mine lol.

The plan is to use it as the basis of something more theatrical, but it'll need calmed down as it's a bit spicy. On the other hand, the mags are feeble and it's struggling to get 20 shots from a fill even though it's NBB.  Still, I'm sure I'll spend more on something worse at some point...

19 minutes ago, DanBow said:

Yeah boi, thats sik man

Them's proper righteous.

7 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

The plan is to use it as the basis of something more theatrical, but it'll need calmed down as it's a bit spicy. On the other hand, the mags are feeble and it's struggling to get 20 shots from a fill even though it's NBB.  Still, I'm sure I'll spend more on something worse at some point...

Them's proper righteous.

Are you saying that you actuly own them??

12 minutes ago, Barny said:

Another Wolverine added to the armoury, this time its the 308 

image.jpeg

Very nice. I'm waiting to make sure there are no issues or teething problems before I dive in, but planning on a pricey build with an air stock later this year!

My XR-5 is awesome! 😁👍

Mind you it was tweaked by the previous owner who was a tech. 😉

57 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Hello airsoft friends!  Are these good RIFs to buy to win at airsoftwars battle maps?

The pistol has 1.3 jewels, just like a watch, and the advanced future riflegun has pure polymer bushings in its bearings so should run very smoothelely!

• Supporters
31 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Are you saying that you actuly own them??

Yes, I knowingly bought them, on purpose and everything!

5 minutes ago, EDcase said:

My XR-5 is awesome! 😁👍

Mind you it was tweaked by the previous owner who was a tech. 😉

Who presumably said "Never again!".  They're sods to work on, it's gearbox-out just to get the hop and barrel out, with a bench full of screws and push pins, all different hex sizes.  I'm going to run it cosmetically pimped but mechanically stock this weekend just for the chuckles, then see about sorting whatever doesn't survive or function. They really do have plastic bushings, and I've never seen such thin wiring. :unsure:

• Supporters
8 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

id get that XR5 lubed up mate …. The one I bought years ago was dry as a bone in its mech box when it was new

• Supporters
7 hours ago, sp00n said:

id get that XR5 lubed up mate …. The one I bought years ago was dry as a bone in its mech box when it was new

I'm treating it as a cosmetic shell, really, and have a more or less spare CYMA gearbox ready to go in. This weekend will be a torture test to see what survives, although I may spooge some lube up the motor-hole fnar anyway.

20 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

The plan is to use it as the basis of something more theatrical, but it'll need calmed down as it's a bit spicy

They certainly are a bit on the warm side. I've got one of the carbines and I've had it chrono at over 2.4j using green gas in the middle of winter

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

They certainly are a bit on the warm side. I've got one of the carbines and I've had it chrono at over 2.4j using green gas in the middle of winter

Mmm, that "1.3J" turned out to be more like 1.6J, using ASG green and 0.2g. 🌶️

Fortunately, it's just a matter of filing the firing pin down, which should also help with the gas efficiency. Which reminds me, I'd better sling a file in the toolbag for tomorrow in case it spices up again with heavier BBs.

• Supporters

That's a lucky scoop right there, a few firearm related shops here used to sell them but afaik every single one dried up years ago.  Now that they're 'the thing you can't get' they're all the rage for collectors and aficionados state side.  Seen many many comments on Magpul's social media posts asking for them.

24 minutes ago, TheFull9 said:

That's a lucky scoop right there, a few firearm related shops here used to sell them but afaik every single one dried up years ago.  Now that they're 'the thing you can't get' they're all the rage for collectors and aficionados state side.  Seen many many comments on Magpul's social media posts asking for them.

They was a fiver a pop, so cheap enough to warrant cutting into them to convert my m4 gbb shells over 😂

18 hours ago, JinxDuh said:

They was a fiver a pop, so cheap enough to warrant cutting into them to convert my m4 gbb shells over 😂

You will post pics when the jobs completed, huh? 😃

On 13/05/2024 at 08:37, Enid_Puceflange said:

You will post pics when the jobs completed, huh? 😃

Sadly, I opted to keep them as real mags. They’re hard to come by so going to hold onto them! The process is simple enough though, just filling away at the grooves inside is the worst part 

51 minutes ago, TheFull9 said:

I've seen some airsofters on here have rapid changes of heart...

I started on one, but couldn’t get the dremel down far enough to get rid of the ridges. Figured it would be better to stick to the metal shells made for them instead 😂

Nothing fancy, just  new desert dpm trousers and multicam black top for cqb. It looks like getting unissued DDPM is starting to get harder, but it has been out of service for about 15 years now so I shouldn't be too surprised