I Don't Know Your Site Layout

55 minutes ago, TheFull9 said:

I don't know, maybe my navigation and layout memorisation abilities are rubbish, but I wish game briefs didn't always sound like this.

Yep.  I've experienced similar.  Even site regulars don't know what's actually being described on occasion.  

• Supporters

It's airsoft, K.I.S.S.😘

images-1.jpeg

We have a pretty good map at Worthing, put together by a group of incredibly intelligent people, that's posted in a few places around the safe zone. I might bug them to put it on the website too, so people can view and print their own version if they want. 

Edited by Badgerlicious

• Supporters

It never fails to amaze me that sites will put in hundreds of man-hours of work to build and update the site, but not one minute towards making a map of it.

Most briefings can be boiled down to "go that way and shoot people". Mind you, no matter how much you simplify things there's always going to be one person who needs every little thing explaining again.

Don't forget the cringeworthy names for each bit of the site that sound like they're taken from a straight to video 80's action film

Edited by Cannonfodder

My first (and last) time at Skirmish Billericay was pretty much the same experience. 

They asked who was new to the site, I raised my hand and they gave me a map with a bunch of numbers. Only information on said map to help was that “trees have numbers painted on them”.

After being hit in the first game of the day and then being told by a marshal to move to the next area (With no directions, just called it by the name) and the map being utterly useless by the time I’d gone around most of the site to find where I was meant to be, the game had already finished. 

I think in total I played about ten minutes that day, before deciding to pack up and walk on at my normal site about 15 minutes away. 😂

7 hours ago, Dan Robinson said:

We're airsofters....not fecking Ranulph Fiennes.   Most of us are lucky to make it to gameday without getting lost.

I got lost in a small cqb site on a single level the other week. 

The number of times a queue of people would end up in a tiny room dead-end trying to get into the spawn area (me included).... 😂😂😂

I still get lost down the ucap tunnels.

🤔

I missed an entire between game reset break trying to find my way to the safe zone the other week.

"Oh yeah it was left at the FOB mate, then there's a gap in the netting..."

Edited by LMKipper

We have marshals go with each team and clarify where objectives are etc. 

9 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

Don't forget the cringeworthy names for each bit of the site that sound like they're taken from a straight to video 80's action film

A couple of our POI'S include; Camp Curly Wurly and Harry Potter Tree. Are we doing it wrong? 😁

1 minute ago, Skullchewer said:

We have marshals go with each team and clarify where objectives are etc. 

A couple of our POI'S include; Camp Curly Wurly and Harry Potter Tree. Are we doing it wrong? 😁

Those are proper names, British names! 

They join the ranks of my favourite base at worthing, the innocently named 'Dell End'. 

my local cqb site has been rebuilt 3 times in 5 years. it's a pain learning the layout again 🤣

7 hours ago, JinxDuh said:

My first (and last) time at Skirmish Billericay was pretty much the same experience. 

They asked who was new to the site, I raised my hand and they gave me a map with a bunch of numbers. Only information on said map to help was that “trees have numbers painted on them”.

After being hit in the first game of the day and then being told by a marshal to move to the next area (With no directions, just called it by the name) and the map being utterly useless by the time I’d gone around most of the site to find where I was meant to be, the game had already finished. 

I think in total I played about ten minutes that day, before deciding to pack up and walk on at my normal site about 15 minutes away. 😂

I went there once; it was enough.

Just now, Colin Allen said:

We quite enjoyed our gameday there, but I remember the map being pretty large and the directions rather vague.  Wouldn't say no to going there again, but we have so many options within that driving radius.

2 hours ago, Dan Robinson said:

We quite enjoyed our gameday there, but I remember the map being pretty large and the directions rather vague.  Wouldn't say no to going there again, but we have so many options within that driving radius.

When I went, we played the worst fallback game ever.  In one section of it, all 30 or so of us had to defend a small circular area with virtually no cover against an enemy who could go wherever they wanted and attack from any direction; it didn't last long.  In another section of the same game, the same number of us had to defend the world's smallest killhouse; there was barely room to breathe, let alone move.

In another game in the CQB maze thing, we had to pretend that we could not see our opponents through the rather large gaps in the walls.

The safezone was good and had WiFi.

30 minutes ago, Colin Allen said:

When I went, we played the worst fallback game ever.  In one section of it, all 30 or so of us had to defend a small circular area with virtually no cover against an enemy who could go wherever they wanted and attack from any direction

I had the same exact experience funny enough. The safezone was nice though, except from the 3 hour treck to the toilets!

8 hours ago, Shamal said:

I still get lost down the ucap tunnels.

🤔

I did the same at Epsom.

5 hours ago, Badgerlicious said:

Those are proper names, British names! 

tcw7a.jpg.3690aae9d2cdbe2a934e22ff7648ad11.jpg

3 hours ago, Colin Allen said:

Same here. It was years ago though so I'd hope its improved. Mind you it couldn't have gotten worse

2 hours ago, JinxDuh said:

I had the same exact experience funny enough. The safezone was nice though, except from the 3 hour treck to the toilets!

Ah yes!  The toilets!  They aren't exactly conveniently located.