Anyone played the siege project in Stoke?

concretesnail

Afternoon all.

Has anyone here played, or attended the siege project in Stoke, linked to or run by Sierra airsoft possibly?

I ask as I found out about it and I'm curious as it's not too far away from me but their system doesn't readily give out information so I contacted them and got odd replies that then required additional clarification.

(See pictures)

I asked about site limits and rules as  cqb sites I've played in the past have weight limits for bbs as well as fps limits/joule limits and an evening game is £25 which would be wasted if I couldn't meet rules. 

Is the hap-hazard, almost mis-information, from who ever answered my query likely to reflect the way they run their site?

1117515957_Screenshot_20230724_154135_SpacesbyWix.thumb.jpg.cc8593b2e0c441dd44a17d0a1229d622.jpg519613450_Screenshot_20230724_154228_SpacesbyWix.thumb.jpg.02d5d95db71f18236320893e8339998a.jpg1489191430_Screenshot_20230724_154235_SpacesbyWix.thumb.jpg.abfa4681d791464571f9bbf8a002cbbe.jpg

I wouldn't worry -- just because someone doesn't communicate well on social media, doesn't necessarily mean the site is badly-run. For example, I know some sites where regular players / marshals answer the Facebook messages, as they're on Facebook a lot more than the site owners/operators.

A quick search brings up their Facebook page, which lists thesiegeproject.com as their website.

https://www.thesiegeproject.com/info says:

Our limits for AEG's, GBBR's, GBBP's, and GP's is 350 fps on a 0.20g bb.

HPA are capped to 300fps on a 0.20g bb.

The weight limit for the site is 0.28g bb.

Not every site has an amazing site or social media team -- it's not unusual to find sites or links out of date, or pages not having the most up-to-date info -- they're focussing more on playing and running the site than anything else, and tbh some folk just don't "get" how important accurate online info can be, especially for prospective/new players.

Hope that helps 😊

300 on .28s is over 350.  Even if only a few FPS but breaks their rule.

That is unless due to their non discovery of punctuation, the site has a .28 limit and HPA is limited to 300 on 0.2?

Edited by hitmanNo2

Not being on social media finding site via their presence their is difficult as there's limits to what I can see without accounts. I was instructed to use an app called spaces, which was very poor, to book and communicate with the company. It was through that app I had contact with them.

I was a little concerned, as hitman pointed out, that the initial message made very little sense and could be read a little like a "we don't understand our own limits" situation. Which is why I pressed for clarification. I've played some cqb sites over the years where they have been so poorly run it borders on negligence. That being said now that I get so few chances to play these days I'd rather not waste the chance on some where poor.

Is this anything to do with Staffordshire Militaria? 

If so, I would avoid. 

6 hours ago, hitmanNo2 said:

300 on .28s is over 350.  Even if only a few FPS but breaks their rule.

That is unless due to their non discovery of punctuation, the site has a .28 limit and HPA is limited to 300 on 0.2?

The guy from the site does not state that the limit is 300fps on 0.28g.

He states that they have a maximum BB weight of 0.28g, that the limit for chrono is 350fps on 0.20g except for HPA weapons, which are limited to 300fps on 0.20g, which should make the guy who is allergic to HPA happy.

He just explains it really badly.

Edited by Colin Allen

He does get there eventually but it it tool repeated messages and i had to offer the answer and have it confirmed. 

Bearing in mind I'm that some may call an experienced player, and of the older (possibly more sensible :)) aged bracket. 

Its not a great first point of contact impression. 

@Pupa2794I don't know if it's anything to do with Stafford militaria. I've only played one battlesim with Stafford militaria, so not enough to form a judgement on them but that day I saw some of the worst hpa idiocy, including someone cutting of the cable tie lock and just winding up the pressure mid game. They got all annoyed when I questioned wtf they were doing.

12 minutes ago, Colin Allen said:

He just explains it really badly.

That's what I thought. Mind you I'd like to know their reasoning behind the lower limit for HPA as joules are joules, no matter what the mechanism powering it.

57 minutes ago, Pupa2794 said:

Is this anything to do with Staffordshire Militaria? 

If so, I would avoid. 

Staffordshire Militaria list Sierra 2 Airsoft as a partner on their website so I'd say yes. Why should they be avoided?

8 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

That's what I thought. Mind you I'd like to know their reasoning behind the lower limit for HPA as joules are joules, no matter what the mechanism powering it.

Staffordshire Militaria list Sierra 2 Airsoft as a partner on their website so I'd say yes. Why should they be avoided?

Allegedly The owner used to run a site that had a genuinely serious asbestos problem. A mate who's a very senior asbestos consultant  pointed that out during a game day, was told there was no asbestos in the building and he didn't know what he was talking about.

Theres asbestos at almost every indoor site, most of it dealt with properly. This stuff was especially bad. 

Anyway, site gets shut down by HSE (he didn't report it) and a prohibition notice served. Site is then sold on with the prohibition in place, unbeknown to them. New owners very nearly get shafted.

The shop is situated in my local town centre and sell swords to dust heads.

I've visited twice, and seen one of these happen. It was a less than 40 quid katana type blade and I wouldn't have sold the guy a water pistol. 

The shops got very little responsibility imo when it comes to a town centre with some problems. 

They've got a scheme to bypass the playing 3 times in no less than 2 months, and their stuff is overpriced. Sort of feels like honest John's used cars. 

I'd have to clarify further as it was years ago but another friend allegedly had to take out a CCJ against him or his business partner. 

Wow, that's not good. I did a search on companies house and the only listing for Staffordshire militaria was that it was dissolved via compulsory strike off in 2016 and the address listed comes up on Google maps is a building which looks like it's been empty for a very long time, I'm guessing that was it. Either they're now registered under another name or up to some dodgy stuff.

As for their prices, see my last post in Mack's 

• 5 months later...

The Siege Project SOT. Is a survival horror CQB site. All limits all measured with a .20g BB, for AEG and Green gas 350fps. HPA has just been adjusted to 320fps.

This business has nothing to do with Staffordshire Militaria or any of its off shoots whatsoever.

If you want a fun time its the place to go in Stoke on Trent..

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/01/2024 at 21:25, Sneakyduck said:

for AEG and Green gas 350fps. HPA has just been adjusted to 320fps.

Why are hpa guns limited to a lower muzzle limit? 1.14j is 1.14j no matter what the power source 

I don't understand the limit difference for hpa either, if there is a lock on the reg. then let the run at the same power but keep an eye on trigger use/spam.

I still haven't been able to get down and see what it's all about or like, as it only runs 4hr sessions that I haven't been able to get to yet.

@Sneakyduck I assume your linked to the site in some way, the post reads like an advert and the website for siege project has sneaky duck written on it.

Unfortunatly I don't think we're going to get a reply as Sneakyduck hasn't been back since posting. This puts me off as it makes me think they either can't or don't want to answer potential customer's questions

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Cannonfodder said:

Unfortunatly I don't think we're going to get a reply as Sneakyduck hasn't been back since posting. This puts me off as it makes me think they either can't or don't want to answer potential customer's questions

Pisses me off when "members" join just to BIG up a site etc, only to never again post, unless it's to attempt to defend a really bad review😏

FFS, admit your personally involved with a site, & take responsibility for the bad shit as well as the good. 🤬

• 1 month later...

@Tackle Unfortunately I've been busy working on a very successful venue. What would you like to ask again serious questions only folks. 

As far as FPS limits are concerned I have to question WHY would you want to shoot at 350fps at such short engagement ranges?

The limit in fps for HPA is to level the playing field as well as taking the ballistics into consideration. Our HPA players shoot at under the 300fps limit through choice. 

Just going to amend this once and for all. HPA is subject to greater joule creep than AEG. A heavier BB will accelerate more slowly than a lighter BB. Therefore it will absorb more of the energy (from the compressed air) before it leaves the barrel. A lighter BB will leave the barrel faster and so absorb less of the energy. That also also explains why joule creep is mostly something that happens when a BB weight is increased. There’s also affects such as hop heavier bbs require more hop so more energy is needed to push past it. Also when rifs warm up and get going you’ll see joule and fps creep also. So if you run near the limit at the start of the day and then mid game there’s a fair chance you’ll be hot. For us to be able to get a better reading I’ve read we should chrono hpa on .32s but our site limit is lower so that’s not practical. So that’s why we chrono HPA at 300fps on .2s yes you read right we’ve lowered it again.

Edited by Sneakyduck
Clarification

9 minutes ago, Sneakyduck said:

@Tackle Unfortunately I've been busy working on a very successful venue. What would you like to ask again serious questions only folks. 

Ok, I'll bite. Why are hpa guns given a lower power limit than others?

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Sneakyduck said:

As far as FPS limits are concerned I have to question why you want to shoot at 250fps at such short engagement ranges. The limit in fps for HPA is to level the playing field as well as taking the ballistics into consideration. Our HPA players shoot at under the 300fps limit through choice. 

I never asked a question, just made a generalised statement which fits this situation, to say you've been too busy to take 5 minutes to pop back here & answer pertinent questions sounds like bollocks to me.