762x51 Gats

TheFull9

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Just running through my options but let's see if I've missed anything.  Has to be:

-Realistic representation of some actual firearm

-Good externals, can always get the insides done

-Not fussed on budget

-No 417s or anything else with ultra wide mags

I've also dismissed M14s because I don't love the looks or the mags.  Current considerations are:

-TM SCAR H

-LCT G3

-G&G SR25

Chime off.

PSG-1 because it is awesome.

Am assuming the newer ones (LCT?) are the dog's danglies externally.

I'm going to suggest the SA58 because I only recently learned it's a thing, and I like FALs

https://www.pellpax.co.uk/airsoft-bb-guns/airsoft-rifles/aeg-operated-bb-airsoft-rifle/classic-army-aeg-sa58-rifle/3344

https://jdairsoft.net/asg-dsa-sa-58-osw

I have no idea if they're any good, or which is the best to get... I just think they're cool

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

• Supporters
38 minutes ago, TheFull9 said:

I've also dismissed M14s because I don't love the looks or the mags. 

i-dont-always-5b7204.thumb.jpg.8f95e420d7346a971dfce2910d61268b.jpg

There are a number of variants available other than traditional stock, pistol grip full stock or the obvious ebr models immediately come to mind🤔

I would be looking at the g3 ,msg,sg1 and PSG all super nice looking.

Tm scar h ... hate the fecking thing lol 

Sr25 done to death .

Sa58s are nice but getting a solid ca is hard and mids are hit and miss ( on offer for $10 on tiger atm ) 

Out of the box, I'd probably head towards the SCAR-H. It's the least likely to need any modification to run perfectly.

The LCT G3 out of the box seems to be a little more hit and miss. I didn't get lucky with mine, It was externally very good but had a few gearbox niggles, and the Mid caps took a fair bit of time to work out. Others have given up on the midcaps, High caps are pretty flawless.

Saw the topic, ready to preach the good word of the m14...

Then I read the post. I'm leaving now and I'm taking my collection of various beautiful m14s with me 😤

• Supporters

You are forgetting something. The Church of HK will remind you.

IMG-5866.thumb.jpg.643d416d590ce7e9b8070f088c495828.jpgIMG-2499.thumb.jpg.1b38ba4eabb8a42746d758baa5921c78.jpg

• Supporters

Er.. nope, didn't.  I'm still on the fence admittedly because the VFC that's around looks great and the closest competitors are the G&G SR25 and TM SCAR but I can't find a sub 16" SR25 nor do I massively want what is now the 'old' model of SCAR, but 417 mags won't agree with my load carrying kit very well either and I cannot personally get along with quad rails on AR derivatives with my little girl hands.  Also not sure on compatibility of RS handguards with the VFC and given the gas system they'll still be super fat even if they do fit.  There's no perfect option but I usually spend a year or two making decisions like this tbh.

I'd say Lambda Defence MK48, but I'm guessing you mean battle rifles rather than just anything in that calibre.

Silverback MDR... whenever it eventually gets released.

Otherwise, Classic army do a 13" and 10" SR25 - http://classicarmyshop.com/proline/sr-25andm110/m110-10-keymod.html - slightly proprietary hop though (unsurprisingly).

G&g do a metal mag for 308 range, if you want that sr25 look. Not cheap though.

https://www.surplusstore.co.uk/manufacturers/g-g/g-g-g2h-308-metal-magazine-100rd-mid-cap.html

Edited by concretesnail

5 hours ago, TheFull9 said:

There's no perfect option but I usually spend a year or two making decisions like this tbh.

Hell's teeth man!  You're supposed to buy on impulse, decide it's not quite right and buy another on impulse as an addition.  

If you've small hands the controls, especially the safety, may be a little awkward to use on the G3.  

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.