Exciting new website launch.

Mat P

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys. I've been playing airsoft for almost 7 years now and have always had a passion for designing a website to help bring players, retailers and techs together to help elevate the sport and bring sites and owners together. Please help me spread the word by visiting my landing page and signing up for news on the site. Find out what's happening and what's on the way as I bring the site together. 

Just visit

Https://mjp1812.wixsite.com/airsoftdirectory

The site and domain name will be going live soon! 

Edited by Jedi_Master
Better title description

29 minutes ago, Mat P said:

Hi guys. I've been playing airsoft for almost 7 years now and have always had a passion for designing a website to help bring players, retailers and techs together to help elevate the sport and bring sites and owners together. Please help me spread the word by visiting my landing page and signing up for news on the site. Find out what's happening and what's on the way as I bring the site together. 

Just visit

Https://mjp1812.wixsite.com/airsoftdirectory

The site and domain name will be going live soon! 

It wont be the "first" dedicated map of retailers and sites as described on your site. AirsoftNation used to have one. There are some pretty up to date and comprehensive site maps online now though. 

Might want to run a spell checker as well! 

Edited by Asomodai

This one is already widely used...
https://playairsoft.uk/

Good luck though - just try to offer things above and beyond that site, so it's the better alternative, not just an alternative

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

• Supporters

I'm already disappointed 😟......... 

I read the title & thought it meant an actual site to play pew pew at 💔

3 hours ago, Tackle said:

I'm already disappointed 😟......... 

I read the title & thought it meant an actual site to play pew pew at 💔

Same here

• Jedi_Master changed the title to Exciting new website launch.
  • Supporters

Exciting

head-shake.gif

new

Newest.

website

Technically.

launch.

Elon Musk's SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket EXPLODES on Cape ...

Best of luck, but these sites get pre-announced about as often as design or engineering students pre-announce their pre-intention to pre-blow our pre-minds with some pre-invention.

1 hour ago, Groot said:

Single post 
Data collecting Website

Yeah.  Damn it, I'm a trusting old soul, always willing to think the best of people (unless they're wearing a MAGA hat, or driving a Merc at 20mph less than the speed limit), but I think you're right.  

Appreciate all the comments guys. Sadly and disappointingly not very constructive. But to set your minds at ease on a few things.

1) it is not "a trap"  and we are NOT a data collecting website. The OPTION to sign up for news and updates is exactly that. The site is currently still under construction and as such not live for people to view. Nobody is under any obligation to give any more information than an email address. And you can just as quickly unsubscribe.

2) Being an avid player for over 7 years does not require me to sign up to every forum, facebook and social media site going. I chose to post on here as it would enable me to reach a large audience. An audience at which this website is aimed. Please feel free to view the website when it is live and judge its content then. I find it strange that people posess the ability to judge a website before it is launched. You are all more than welcome to contact me with any questions you may have regarding the website, its content and how you can use it.

3) Yes a wix site. Due to be linked to a domain shortly. Wix is a very user friendly web building platform allowing me to create meaningful content for my users. The site will be launched under the domain of www.theairsoftdirectory.co.uk

4) Sadly there are always those who will judge with no prior information. For those who are genuinely interested in learning more about the site, you are more than welcome to sign up to the news letter. If you are concerned about "data Collecting" please bypass that and email me directly at [email protected] I would be more than happy to discuss the site with you. 

5) As with all things, we all started somewhere. I like to think that the airsoft community is one where players, shop owners and all the people inbetween work together to make the sport and its followers a better place to be. Im happy to receive negative comments all day long if thats how people are wired. But please guys, keep it constructive.

On 28/01/2022 at 15:00, RostokMcSpoons said:

Yeah.  Damn it, I'm a trusting old soul, always willing to think the best of people (unless they're wearing a MAGA hat, or driving a Merc at 20mph less than the speed limit), but I think you're right.  

You can feel free to email me directly if you are concerned about data gathering. [email protected] The option to subscribe is purely a way to keep potential site users informed of progress and updates on the website as we finish building it.

On 27/01/2022 at 14:14, RostokMcSpoons said:

This one is already widely used...
https://playairsoft.uk/

Good luck though - just try to offer things above and beyond that site, so it's the better alternative, not just an alternative

I appreciate your feedback. This is exactly what we are aiming for.

On 28/01/2022 at 10:17, GiantKiwi said:

A wix site....alrighty then. *wide berth given*

Wix is a very user friendly web building platform with multiple ways to provide a fantastic browsing experience for the desired customer. That would be you. The site is currently under construction but will be fully launched as www.theairsoftdirectory.co.uk

On 28/01/2022 at 15:00, RostokMcSpoons said:

Your concerns are unwarrented sir. I am not data collecting. I am simply offering people the option to receive news and updates about the site and its progress to keep people engaged. You are under no obligation to subscribe. Indeed, you can email me directly if you wish. [email protected] I would be happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have. 

On 27/01/2022 at 14:08, Asomodai said:

It wont be the "first" dedicated map of retailers and sites as described on your site. AirsoftNation used to have one. There are some pretty up to date and comprehensive site maps online now though. 

Might want to run a spell checker as well! 

Thanks for your comment. I have taken your points on board. I have however taken quite some time to view and study what is already on offer and feel we are offering something that is not currently offered. we are not merely offering a site with a map to airsoft sites on it. The ability to subscribe to our newsletter would enable you to receive more information on exactly what the site will offer. Please feel free to browse the website when it is up and running and feedback if you feel the need. All constructive feedback and comments are welcommed. We all start somewhere.

Edited by Mat P

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Mat P said:

I find it strange that people posess the ability to judge a website before it is launched.

I'm judging the ill advised pre-announcement of the newest bestest excitingest site, with nothing to back it up.

Any engagement is a win, even negative, as you can leverage it into a positive if you have some substance to demonstrate.

Wait-and-see promises will convince nobody.  It's up to you where you want to invest your energy, of course.

• Supporters

Ffs, no ones trolling the OP, it's just that most of the "mature" players on here have heard it all before, too many times, whether it's the next great product or technology, a whole new way to play Airsoft, or in this case, a website that supercedes similar that have gone before. 

And almost all of those failed, some got to the trial process, but most didn't get beyond the initial talked about conception, so when a new one comes along, it's hard to feel excited about it. 

As for those that have shown negativity, they're the same guys who will ALWAYS attempt to give well thought out advice based upon years of experience & knowledge, with very little conjecture. 

Even when a noob signs up & his first post is "what am bestest first gun", a question that's been asked a literal million times before, they still get a welcome & the guidance they seek, 

Unless they're attitude or grammar is so appalling that a sarky response or spoon-fed meme is called for lol. 

keep-calm-and-lighten-the-fuck-up.png

3 hours ago, Mat P said:

Appreciate all the comments guys. Sadly and disappointingly not very constructive. But to set your minds at ease on a few things.

1) it is not "a trap"  and we are NOT a data collecting website. The OPTION to sign up for news and updates is exactly that. The site is currently still under construction and as such not live for people to view. Nobody is under any obligation to give any more information than an email address. And you can just as quickly unsubscribe.

2) Being an avid player for over 7 years does not require me to sign up to every forum, facebook and social media site going. I chose to post on here as it would enable me to reach a large audience. An audience at which this website is aimed. Please feel free to view the website when it is live and judge its content then. I find it strange that people posess the ability to judge a website before it is launched. You are all more than welcome to contact me with any questions you may have regarding the website, its content and how you can use it.

3) Yes a wix site. Due to be linked to a domain shortly. Wix is a very user friendly web building platform allowing me to create meaningful content for my users. The site will be launched under the domain of www.theairsoftdirectory.co.uk

4) Sadly there are always those who will judge with no prior information. For those who are genuinely interested in learning more about the site, you are more than welcome to sign up to the news letter. If you are concerned about "data Collecting" please bypass that and email me directly at [email protected] I would be more than happy to discuss the site with you. 

5) As with all things, we all started somewhere. I like to think that the airsoft community is one where players, shop owners and all the people inbetween work together to make the sport and its followers a better place to be. Im happy to receive negative comments all day long if thats how people are wired. But please guys, keep it constructive.

I was perfectly factual in my post. I think you need to learn that being corrected when factually wrong is not an attack on you specifically, but to help you not make incorrect claims on a publicly available website. Could you please point out where I was not constructive?

Edited by Asomodai

And it's not the school holidays

Also I see the OP has been back but isn't answering any of the questions posted

Edited by Cannonfodder

There's always room for development of new ideas and improvement of old ideas, it's key that you fully look at what is currently available and what has failed in the past. 

Anyone remember Airsoft Wall from about 10 years ago?  Amazing site built with Joomla and it's wall plugin, some great tech and great content updated every hour, I believe they were going to add sites and stores but it just disappeared as the rise of social media took hold.

Does Airsoft need an indexing website?  Perhaps not on it's own, maybe it could be part of something bigger.  A friend of mine has been working on a defense system, not sure that will actually get off the ground but he's realistic and knows the right amount of resources to spend on it.   Key is to have something to show and ask for feedback, don't even raise your head above the parapet till you're at that stage.

image.thumb.png.602afe5dec862b3ad10c04edb6967894.png

A newsletter would be pointless too as there wouldn't be enough "news" to fill an A4 sheet of paper, even if it was published quarterly. Also any news would be old news by the time you publish as your target audience will have already seen said news on social media or forums such as here

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Cannonfodder said:

there wouldn't be enough "news" to fill an A4 sheet of paper

Mmm, quite. Every once in a blue moon I see something from UKAPA, on Facebook, if I'm lucky enough for the algorithm to think that it's something that's relevant.  I've usually forgotten that they even exist by then.

The one thing I might be interested in reading is articles from industry insiders explaining things like development cycles, stock levels, prices and wholeseller returns policies (i.e. who ends up eating the cost of a return), but that's a nice interest within a niche interest.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

The one thing I might be interested in reading is articles from industry insiders explaining things like development cycles, stock levels, prices and wholeseller returns policies (i.e. who ends up eating the cost of a return), but that's a nice interest within a niche interest.

I’d read that 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

9 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

I’d read that 

😜

66164576.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.