Bad Publicity?

sonofsammo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

4 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Me personally I don’t see a problem with a 1joule blanket limit . 

Cheaters gonna cheat. You can make all the rules you want;

- no headshots

- minimum engagement

- no full auto inside buildings 

- FPS/joule limits 

- HPA regulator tagging 

- hit calling 

- limited number of re-spawns 

It doesn’t matter how many rules you make, in an honour based sport if someone decides that they aren’t going to play by then because they want to hurt someone with a hot weapon/game the system and get an unfair advantage then they are going to do that. Dropping the joule/FPS limit won’t make a blind bit of difference because, as my old nan used to say ‘whether they are dancing round a fire in a rainforest or eating chips in Rhyl, some people are just fucking cunts’. 

I agree with previous posters that any internal discussion about FPS/joule limitations is not helpful and suggests that the current set of rules are inadequate and therefore dangerous, that as a sport we can’t self regulate and be trusted to be safe and therefore should be banned outright. It just plays into the hands of Tory MPs who want to score cheap political points and detract from the colossal fuck up this country has become. 

2 hours ago, Impulse said:

*looks at both VSRs, each costing in excess of £800 to build*

I sincerely hope this gains absolutely no traction whatsoever...

*looks at my WA2000*

i agree

1 hour ago, Recoil_ said:

He's said that he's dropping it now. I think community pressure trying to show him that he's going to damage the sport has finally prevailed for now.

thank fuck for that

3 hours ago, sonofsammo said:

There's a rather worrying turn of events in an anti KM FB group.
The admin has decided he's going to start a publicity campaign to have a 1J limit imposed on all UK sites.
Apparently his campaign starts on Monday.
This, imho, isn't good for the sport in any way shape or form.

I understand he thinks he's doing the right thing - but at risk of totally fucking our sport forever 😞

I won't go into the details, or background as you can find them on FB easily enough yourself.

The thing is, if he starts any kind of coordinated attack on our sport, what's the collective ability to respond and defend ourselves?
It seems that any kind of anti-gun supporters would support a decrease in the number of deadly BB guns.
So in the famous words of Eeyore - "That's right Pooh, we're fucked"

I wonder what form this publicity campaign is gonna take?

If he is gonna canvas opinions from members of airsoft community then surely he will lose.

If it's gathering opinion of general public then most of them wont know what he is on about or will,at most,have no reasonable thoughts either way.

🤔

Regards 

2 hours ago, MiK said:

Actually there’s been some split on that Expose FB page from reading it some don’t like the way the Page is heading so made a new splinter page “who is.....” so we should just sit back and let them “Headshot” each other :D

@Shamal I use my wife’s FB account to snoop around ‘flex

Yeah but I might see something I don't want to! Lol

👍😉

1 hour ago, miserydrift said:

hahaha totaly,haha opisite for me  its when mine doersnt swear i know theres an issue 🤣

From what I have heard,you are enough to make the fuckin' Pope swear! 😉👍

Regards 

• Supporters

18 minutes ago, DRay said:

I agree with previous posters that any internal discussion about FPS/joule limitations is not helpful and suggests that the current set of rules are inadequate and therefore dangerous, that as a sport we can’t self regulate and be trusted to be safe and therefore should be banned outright. It just plays into the hands of Tory MPs who want to score cheap political points and detract from the colossal fuck up this country has become. 

what it boils down to is "if the rules are followed then is there an issue?"

for example if you were hit by a sniper who was running within the limits of both energy and MED, would you consider it too uncomfortable?

if the answer is no then the problem is not the rule, it's the enforcement.

24 minutes ago, DRay said:

as my old nan used to say some people are just fucking cunts’. 

Haha love it. Go nan Go tell it like it is!

😉🤭

20 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

what it boils down to is "if the rules are followed then is there an issue?"

for example if you were hit by a sniper who was running within the limits of both energy and MED, would you consider it too uncomfortable?

if the answer is no then the problem is not the rule, it's the enforcement.

You’ve hit the nail on the head there, I don’t think a 490FPS sniper with 0.5 bbs at 75 yards is particularly painful. Certainly no more painful than a QCB nozzbag with a £40 springer pistol, no MED and .2s that gets the jump on you and pops you in the back of the neck at a couple of meters. 

There is also an argument here for people who don’t like getting shot shouldn’t do airsoft. I haven’t read the Facebook group (don’t use social media) but it does seem to be the crux of the problem that some people just don’t like getting shot and will bitch and whinge regardless of the FPS limit. The phrase playing silly games winning silly prizes springs to mind...

1 hour ago, leadly said:

Yeah I can feel myself getting annoyed just at the thought of reading what has been said.

So wound up that I wrote a big rant.....and then deleted it. Unlike some people on Facebook and other platforms don't realise, just because you have an opinion, dosn't mean you need to share it with everyone!

Yeah but its good to talk and if you have an opinion about something you are entitled to voice it. Everyone is. Freedom of speech hasn't been forced underground...yet! Lol

😉👍

Regards 

Just now, GenuineGerman said:

Just sounds to me like someone has appointed themselves a spokesman for the sport. No better than KM both massive ladies private’s 

i think the term is "see you next tuesday" =P

2 hours ago, miserydrift said:

some of the shit on that page is unreal that siggi is over the top

Siggi used to play at a site where I marshalled; he is...intense.

1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

I tend to agree; I quite like the idea.

• Supporters

I'd rather have a 1j that's properly enforced than no Airsoft at all😭

I'd rather have a 1j limit that's properly enforced than no Airsoft at all😭

Exactly, I'd rather have a 1j limit that's properly enforced than no Airsoft at all😭

3 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Exactly, I'd rather have a 1j limit that's properly enforced than no Airsoft at all😭

Wtf just happened, damn you fat impatient thumb 👍

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, Spartan09 said:

some people spam semi-auto...     looks like @Tackle spams the "submit reply" button...

=P

To be fair it's the same thumb that went through a table saw in 2019, bout 90% cut through, & then reattached 🤮...... so it's a bit numb

Good job it wasnt my trigger finger, you mofo's would be in a world of pain 😈👆

39 minutes ago, typefish said:

I'm the chairman ☺️

All hail glorious chairman typefish

2 hours ago, Druid799 said:

I assume you don't snipe or do much DMR stuff - it would diminish the effectiveness and enjoyability of those roles considerably.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, DRay said:

You’ve hit the nail on the head there, I don’t think a 490FPS sniper with 0.5 bbs at 75 yards is particularly painful. Certainly no more painful than a QCB nozzbag with a £40 springer pistol, no MED and .2s that gets the jump on you and pops you in the back of the neck at a couple of meters. 

There is also an argument here for people who don’t like getting shot shouldn’t do airsoft. I haven’t read the Facebook group (don’t use social media) but it does seem to be the crux of the problem that some people just don’t like getting shot and will bitch and whinge regardless of the FPS limit. The phrase playing silly games winning silly prizes springs to mind...

i found it interesting way back when i was doing the massive spreadsheet to figure out the true answer to wether heavier bb's really are better that an 0.5g bb fired at 2.5j at about 20m has about 1.3j of energy, which corresponds to a point blank rifle.

the being prepared to be shot at argument is a tricky one. yes when i go on the field i choose to accept that getting pinged is part of the process, yes i choose not to wear lower face protection. however i don't choose to be the punching bag for some knob who wants to intentionally cause pain because he thinks that's some cool or clever thing to do (how that's achieved be it unnecessary shots to sensitive areas, full auto spraying up close, cheating chrono etc will of course vary).

1 hour ago, Shamal said:

Yeah but its good to talk and if you have an opinion about something you are entitled to voice it. Everyone is. Freedom of speech hasn't been forced underground...yet! Lol

😉👍

Regards 

indeed, the whole point of this forum environment is to have a space where we can state our opinions. whether people want to agree, disagree or ignore said opinion is of course their own prerogative.

42 minutes ago, Zarrin said:

I assume you don't snipe or do much DMR stuff - it would diminish the effectiveness and enjoyability of those roles considerably.

it is feasible to do some level of sniping shenanigans on a 1j limit, although you are very much reliant at that point on ammo weight and stealth and it is much easier to get caught out.

although as much as i like the challenge that a dmr role entails i must admit to feeling it would change the game dynamic a fair bit if you could rely on a bigger chunk of extra range.

that said you also don't have to worry about med's so someone creeps up you can just shoot them straight up rather than debate wether they're close enough that you need to use a pistol.

See, I prefer keeping to 1.1J for DMRs because gaining that 30m MED space is worth a lot more than the 5 or so metres I'll gain from going to 1.6J.

I still wouldn't advocate for the DMR limit being removed, because having the choice is nice, and a lot of people do prefer it.

• Supporters
23 minutes ago, Zarrin said:

While I can't comment on druids playing style etc, personally I only generally use single shot, especially gratifying with my M14 & fal, & hopefully my new G3, & all my guns are sub 1j, all running between 300-335 FPS (but well sit up hops) & do well in a sneaky dmr stylee, if a knackered old fartknocker like me can get by with less than 1j, then surely it won't hold back fitter livelier players.

The point  I, & I suspect druid was making, was that in these anti gun times, if the sport was threatened in any way, a 1j ruling would be one possible way to placate those who lobby against us ?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.