The 'How Did Your Airsoft Day Go? Thread

Skara

14 minutes ago, MrTea said:

Sometimes when my shift rota allows. Recently it's been the Wednesday or Friday nights. I've only been to one or two Sunday sessions.

I try to avoid the Wednesday or Friday as numbers have always been really low around 8- 10 players which, for me, lacks action Sunday can be up to 40 players which I find much more engaging. How have the midweek numbers been from your experience? Heading to Scarborough 101 this weekend for the second time which is also a good site but very different 

3 minutes ago, Khyber said:

I try to avoid the Wednesday or Friday as numbers have always been really low around 8- 10 players which, for me, lacks action Sunday can be up to 40 players which I find much more engaging. How have the midweek numbers been from your experience? Heading to Scarborough 101 this weekend for the second time which is also a good site but very different 

I think we started with about approx 16-20 people last night. By 2000 a few guys packed up and left so we were down to 12 which was fine. We had a quick TDM after the break and moved onto best-of-five main street. It was about 2130 everyone was packing up to go.

Fridays are usually much busier and less people leave mid-way because most people don't have work the next day.

Edited by MrTea

Just now, MrTea said:

I think we started with about approx 16 people last night. By 2000 a few guys packed up and left so we were down to 12 which was fine. We had a quick TDM after the break and moved onto best-of-five main street. It was about 2130 everyone was packing up to go.

Fridays are usually much busier and less people leave mid-way because most people don't have work the next day.

That's not too bad I guess. I may come along to another Friday then and give it a try. I'll try and remember to give you shout next time I go, see if you're there. 

6 minutes ago, Khyber said:

That's not too bad I guess. I may come along to another Friday then and give it a try. I'll try and remember to give you shout next time I go, see if you're there. 

No worries, just shoot me a message. That said, we're looking at trying Armageddon that's opened outside M'Boro in place of NTAC as an outdoor site if you've ever tried it?

Edited by MrTea

12 minutes ago, MrTea said:

No worries, just shoot me a message. That said, we're looking at trying Armageddon that's opened outside M'Boro in place of NTAC as an outdoor site.

Have played there a year or so ago, was called wastelands then. It's a good site of decent size. Good layout. My only gripe was long waits between games. Sometimes as long as an hour or more. Didn't feel like got any more game time in for a full day as opposed to a half day elsewhere. I did intend on going there this summer but never got round to it. I also don't like playing in wet muddy conditions when there are dry indoor alternatives but that's just me. But saying that still a good site and the closest to me. One of 3 within an hours drive for me

• Supporters
1 hour ago, MrTea said:

I worded it poorly, let me try again. I walk to a doorway and I know there's another player to my right hugging the wall on the outside of the building. He's on my right at a 90 degree angle from me. With the AEG I built, it's so long I cannot have it shouldered and aimed forward and move through the doorway at the same time while aiming at the player, even when putting the stock over my shoulder (or under my arm) to reduce the length. I have to change to a high or low ready which takes the gun off target. With the MP9 I can keep it aimed forward and move through the doorway already aiming where the player is.

Basically rifle too long, wont fit through doorway while horizontal. MP9 short, fits fine.

It would appear that cannonfodders impressive artistic interpretation has got it covered.

Gotcha!

Fun fact - my MP9 has the suppressor on so it's as long as my MK18!

Played at Worthing Airsoft's annual Halloween night game last night and had a lot of fun. Night vision equipment is banned at Worthing's night games, so you didn't have the milsim brigade turning up with night vision equipment worth more than some people's entire airsoft collections and allowing a level playing field. The forecast for the night was absolutely awful, with a yellow warning for rain and thunderstorms through the evening. It was fine when we got there, but it quickly started to absolutely tip it down. Despite this, we had a good turnout with 36 players; it was almost fully booked with its 40 spaces! We arrived earlier than everyone else, getting there at about 4pm so that me and my friend could set up our rifles and then have a wander into the gameplay area to still try and work out how to attack the Tower base from the crappy respawn side that I still haven't seen anyone win from during the day (there's a bit of a spoiler for you for the games to come ;))

I originally wanted to bring the SR-25, however with a relatively exposed mosfet I didn't want to risk it with the torrential downpours that were forecast, so I opted to go with my KJW m40a5, set to 1.05J on a .32, and my STTI mk23 as a sidearm. Maximum sneak for playing around in the dark! However, this was where I had my first issue. While my m40a5 was doing decently on a .32 (overhopping a little bit, but nothing too egregious), my mk23 was clipping the end of the suppressor meaning I had to run it without it. What was a nice quiet sidearm became a very snappy, noisy pistol! Oh, I also put a red dot sight on my m40a5, so it looked like some sort of Call of Duty abomination gun build, but no way was I using a magnified optic without an illuminated crosshair for this game. I did toy with the idea of bringing out my illuminated scope, however I don't like 40mm scopes at the best of times, so I decided against it; I really need to buy those budget-but-pricey Visionking and Vector Optics scopes that I have my eye on...

Anyway, as it got dark we headed back to the safe zone. We decided to pack all of our kit away preemptively as the weather was still relatively clear, but we knew what was going to come later. We both made sure that our kit was packed in such a way where what we were using for the games was also very easy to pack away; for me it was the rifle and belt kit both going into the rifle bag and my pistol going in its case. We then hung about and chatted with everyone else and... the rain started, and oh boy did it start. It was absolutely pouring, but there was some cover that we could stand beneath. I was suddenly glad I brought my waterproof! However, we were blessed by mother nature, as by 7pm when we were heading out to play, the rain had eased off massively. It was still raining a little, but it was absolutely fine!

First game had 4 small disk-shaped light markers around the Tower base area (they're small, not the type to really illuminate anything). One was in Tower itself, one in the church, one in the stables and I believe one was a cross, a small criss-cross barricade structure just outside of the Tower base. We started from the bad side in the first game and had to turn the lights off, while the other team had to keep them on. I decided to take advantage of the fact that nobody would want to use the lower part of the site and headed down into Clearing so that I could come up on the corner and get some shots in the flank. Worthing Airsoft has some thick tree canopy, so it was very dark and I was just shooting at silhouettes and torch lights. However, what I learned is that my friend and another of the regulars had done the same as me but over the other side of the site and were taking everyone out from behind. The streak had been broken as we absolutely dominated this game from the bad side, however I wasn't too surprised as night games, especially with how dark it gets at Worthing Airsoft, are a very different beast and a lot of what makes the other side strong was negated by the lack of sight lines due to the dark.

We swapped ends afterwards, with our team now spawning on the good side and needing to keep the lights turned on. I decided to stand away from the rest of my team as people were shining torches all over the place so I put some distance between myself and them and kept my eyes closed. I was trying to operate on natural night vision, and having torches shone in your face every few seconds wasn't a great way to maintain natural night vision. I waited until game was called on and people started heading off before I headed towards the fence line on the edge of the site. I knew I could get into a good position to once again get some shots into the flank of the enemy team as they came in to try and turn the lights off, but I had to be careful not to silhouette myself against the open field on the other side of the fence. This led to me crawling along the ground, stopping every time a light came anywhere near me. There were multiple times I had a torch shone directly at me, but keeping still I managed to go undetected and get into position. We managed to hold them back well and managed to win this game too, as they only managed to turn off the lights in the stables at the end of the game.

Next game had a marshall in the top of Tower handing out objectives that we had to take back to our respawn. I decided to take the same route as I did the game before, heading for the fence line and crawling along the ground to set up a good ambush position with my m40a5. However, this game was pretty uneventful for me as our team managed to pin the enemy team back so nobody even crossed my ambush position, which was well in-front of the objective, so the enemy team never got close!

We stopped for some food at 9pm and the heavens opened up again, so we all stood beneath the cover. Some people called it there, not wishing to play in the cold and the wet, but it wasn't a huge number. I think we lost about 10 players, bringing us down to 26 for the last two games which were the sands of pain. It was exactly the same game as last game day, with the box in the same place and everything. I had a bit of an annoying encounter and was the only time I got hit all evening, though I'm not counting it as a hit and will stick with the "I didn't get hit at all" line. I saw a guy moving up, lined up my red dot with his silhouette, pulled the trigger and got that satisfying thwack as my .32 made contact with plate carrier. However, he then just turned his light on, lit me up and shot me in the head then continued on. I wasn't about to argue it, but that was really annoying as I had spent time getting into position undetected only to have someone blatantly cheat in front of me and lace me up. There's a lot less certainty on whether you're hitting people during a night game as you can't hear your BBs, but when the shot is about 10m and you hear a very noticeable thwack of the BB impacting with fabric... yeah, I was annoyed. Anyway, I headed back to respawn and went down low again, heading for the bottom of the site and popping up near the enemy respawn. Not wanting to be a dirty spawn camper, I crawled up a bit as if I was on their team, getting to the checkpoint on the path where I set up my ambush position, waiting for players to pass me before shooting them in the back. It worked flawlessly and people had no idea where they were getting shot from, since the m40a5 is such a quiet gun.

We swapped sides again for the final game and I, once again, used the bottom of the site to pop up near-ish their spawn again. However, once again, I didn't want to be a dirty spawn camper, so I moved up and got into a position to ambush people from behind a decent ways away from the enemy spawn. While my ambush position wasn't that far from where I'd set up an ambush if I was coming at it from our spawn's side, the important thing was the positioning, as the enemy team never had any clue where I was shooting them from and were very confused as to why they were getting shot in the back!

Anyway, all in all it was a very fun day evening. Didn't get the most kills, as I was running a bolt action at night, but I had a great time seeing just how much sneaky antics I could get away with (a lot!). Got home last night, unpacked absolutely everything, partially disassembled my m40a5 and put the gun wrap, my waterproof jacket and belt kit out to dry so that it wouldn't stew in its muddy sogginess in my bags. Now today I will do a full clean on both the m40a5 and mk23 as they probably need it after all that.

Great day at Combat Airsoft Thetford today, was meant to be a battlesim but low numbers meant they changed it to a skirmish day. 
We felt the day ran really well, with far fewer stalemates and choke points than usual due to the low numbers. 
It was also great to see loads of rental players, especially quite a few who were airsofting for the first time. 
Finally got to field my NGRS A1 build as well which I’m really happy with 😁

Awesome day Saturday at Driver Wood. My first full day, as i usually can only get away with mornings - but this time i got a pass from the wife as the rest of the family were out all day.... And what a difference that made to my game play. Rather than frantically rushing about in order to maximise my game play due to only having a few hours, i was able to slow things right down, and be a little more thinking. My usual 2:1 ratio of hitting enemy/being hit that i have been averaging, shot up to maybe 5:1.  Goes to show just how much performance is affected by your mental state I think. There was also a few less players than normal (circa 25 per team), which i think helps my play style.

First game i opted to run my L96 and Mk23, with just a slightly enhanced el cheapo chinese leaf jacket chucked on over to top of the faithful tiger stripe. Probably the first truly satisfying game I've had running as a sniper actually, and certainly the first where the L96 hits outweighed the hits i got with the Mk23 - I so often find the rifle ends up being a rather heavy decorative piece! Only downer was stacking it into a flooded drainage ditch, and snapping the suppressor off the holstered Mk23 when i stabbed it into the mud. Currently 3d printing a replacement to trial...

Second game i ran the XM177, then for the two games in the afternoon, the DMR'd SR25 with WE Glock 19 as sidearm. Cracking games, fast paced, and the newly cleared patched of woodland  at Driver Wood really played to the SR25s strengths - meaning that the MED disadvantage didn't outweigh the advantage of having slightly greater range . Still managed to get a few heroic charges into buildings and helicopters with the Glock though. All in, a great days airsofting, and despite almost always turning up to these days on my own, it turned out to be super sociable, chatting with some great guys over the day.

So.

Last weekend (Oct. 20th-22nd) we played the National Finals where we positioned 8th (later dropped down to 9th because basic math is hard) out of the 14 participating teams.

The location is the largest anti air shelter system in europe, built in the early 1900s under a munitions factory. Tunnels go 30m below the surface and they can house the whole town, entrances are placed in such a way that within 3 minutes of the first air siren everyone could get to safety.

The story revolved around stealing the Vatican's secrets and riches, we had 14 objectives divided in two phases (phase one - woodland on Saturday morning and phase two - cqb on Saturday night) which meant we played from 8 a.m. to about 11:40 p.m.

Objectives were objectively (lol) hard, out of 14 we fucked up 2 on each phase (objective 3 we messed up big time, objective 6 was rendered impossible by the atrocious sudden weather change), Phase 3 we messed up again and Phase 5 was a nightmare for everyone.

In detail, phase 5 was a silly firefight in a doorway where our side had zero cover, meanwhile defenders had barricades where they could get a clear view of the door from every possible angle..

To sum it up: overall it was a good event, we had some proper fun except for the aforementioned objectives, regardless of the scoreboard results we are still among the best teams in the whole country.

Kit wise I brought my belt kit (without suspenders) and small 9L backpack. Gun wise I was meant to use my 10" M4 but it locked up (still have to figure out why) so I ended up using the 7" smol pp which was flawless. Surprisingly one single 7.4v 1450mAh 30c battery lasted for the whole event (from 97% it went down to 21%) but I had 3 spares anyway.. During the downpour many people had issues with their Titan FCUs, while my Perun kept going and going and going :P

Yesterday, instead of our usual game at our field, we had a small CQB session at the local fort due to the crappy weather we are all going through.

Brought the pistol AAP which performed very well and in all honesty I should have brought the carbine and G17 too!

But note to self: next time bring thicker clothes, I have welts all over my torso/arms because I'm a sweaty cunt and played in a light tee only :D

• Supporters
15 minutes ago, Emergencychimps said:

• those mounted machine guns things (not sure their real name), 

M56 Smartgun.

Yes, I'm a nerd.

Not going to be a long one today. Went down to Worthing again this weekend with my KJW m40a5, TM MWS (mk12 mod1), TM mk23 and TM p226 (that I was lending my friend's grandson as he is currently thinking about what pistols he likes and wanted a go). Got there, got the gear out, took the m40a5 up to the range to set it up, as last time I used it was last weekend's halloween night game and I was running it at 1J on .32s...

Here is where the first issue came up. It was dribbling BBs out the barrel on both 144a and green gas, even with the hop completely off. So, that was out. Went back to grab my MWS and... it wasn't hopping. The power was fine, but the hop just wasn't there. Well... crap. Both guns not working. Well, guess I'm not playing then. I worked on the MWS first, asking one of the techs on site if he had a spare omega nub as I had a feeling that was what was causing the issue. I had a 50 degree silicone omega nub and I had a feeling it wasn't applying enough pressure to hop BBs. Fortunately he had a spare one so I put that in and... it worked. As soon as I had the regular omega nub in it was hopping BBs like a dream and far more consistently than it was with the old MR hop rubber that was in from my old bits box that's been sitting there for years. New silicone MR rubber and a regular nub and it's lifting those .32s nicely at 1J (though it's a bit colder now so I had to open the NPAS a little!).

Anyway, I had another gun that needed sorting and I wasn't sure what the issue was so I just decided to go from the ground up. I started with the bolt and... that was the issue. Somehow it had come loose and unwound itself so the hammer spring wasn't under any tension so it was barely hitting the gas release on the magazine. I tightened that up again and got it all sorted and took it up to the range. It was 2.5J so I had to adjust the power a little, but brought it down to around 2.2J and it was shooting incredibly well. I was hitting the 75m every shot and with a bit of hop towards the end of the flight I was hitting the 85m target most times as long as the wind didn't take the shot (which definitely happened a few times). It's amazing while shooting with 12x zoom how much you notice the hop up trajectory and all the tiny movements; even deployed with the bipod, at 12x zoom I could see every little movement but I was able to get some accurate shots and hear the BBs dinking off the metal target. This is why I like setting my guns up while nobody else is on the range as I can't properly set it up if I can't hear the shots and when you have mr brrrrrt and his AEG full autoing the 20m target... Yeah, not happening.

Anyway, after lunch I decided to zero the MWS as well, getting the scope, 45 degree mounted RMR and the laser all zeroed. With all that done, there was only an hour left, so I decided not to head out. While I didn't play at all, it was still a pretty successful day since I now have two of my main guns properly set up and shooting incredibly nasty! :D

Real Steel day today...  I think Airsoft is having a severely detrimental affect on my pewing ability though - having large slow moving targets and fully automatic weapons.  So the less said about my score today the better.  My other excuse is that every time we go, they are having a competition shoot so all the stands are fiendishly tricky.  Usual faces and doggo from last time having improved his need to chase clays down field.   Gorgeous weather too after the crazy storms and rain the night before.  Always amazing to see my ol' man (orange cap) hit anything with his combination of floating black spots and shyte vision in general, plus photochromic glasses and severally arthritic right shoulder.

1099126738_Screenshot2023-11-05201217.thumb.jpg.d26eb6774df14ac15e89d7d79830e3bc.jpg

649959826_Screenshot2023-11-05200053.thumb.jpg.62f873a817c5903dc96d956770549f17.jpg

765042174_Screenshot2023-11-05200621.thumb.jpg.df5f75de3acfd3366e4a558938a61e5c.jpg

Back to BB wars for the next few months though.  Will see how low it can get my RS scores cry_blownose.gif

Anyway if any of you have your own shotguns and are near Horam, then this is a great place to go in a beautiful E Sussex setting.

Edited by Dan Robinson

Ambush Airsoft Cobham.

it's a paintball site that has Airsoft. Will not be returning most of the games and zones are very obviously paintball games zones with no play through multiple zones or multi objective games. (With the exception of the last game I played). 

Game modes themselves were also  fairly unimaginative with too much repetition: first 3 short games were zombie style not fantastic Comms from the marshal team. 

Lunch was one hotdog in a stale bun and a scattering of tortilla chips....too much noticeable poor hit taking as well (which multiple marshals did feck all about; after lunch there was a stop fucking cheating shout from site runner but that was it). 

There were moments of joy, like finding the tasty angle to defend the fort but that was all. Quite an insular bunch with one or two exceptions. 

The only piss poor defence from the a coulple of the marshal were 1. Low numbers 2. No one pushes.....

First time I haven't restocked BBS as I was running low. Finished what was in my mags and left for the 2.5 hour public transport journey home. Due to this, i did manage to get the full Brazilian GP. 

• 2 weeks later...

Z-Mart last night. They've made a few changes since I was last there, the shop's improved and chrono's moved so there's less chance of new people getting lost in the game zone on their way to & from.

The chrono station was improved too, not just FPS but also picking a BB out of your mag and weighing it. All went smoothly and all my pews were fine, not that I was expecting an issue as I've a chrono at home 😉

Split into two teams at the start, first game was one where anyone can medic you back in and then you joined their team - good to get your eye in, no idea who won, don't think anyone was that bothered TBH 😄

Second was one where a few team member had a light up band, once shot you had to stay in place for 10 secs before going to respawn, in that time anyone could give you their band. The aim was to not have any bands left on your team. Again no idea if there was a winning team.

Third game was an objective grab, you had to collect them and bring them back to a base, that base wasn't your regen as you could also go and raid the other teams base for their stuff too. Was a good twist on the usual objective grab and the layout is such that you can flank the other base so you had to keep your eyes peeled. Was glad I swapped to the 308 for this one as I surprised myself as to how quickly I went through my mid-caps and onto my hi-cap which is my last mag, would have run out of MP7 mags for sure. Our team definitely won that one as we had all the objectives.

Last game was the usual end game, arrange yourself into teams of three and have a team name. Shoot people, medic dead people with your team name. Pretty sure that as you get to a point where everyone's on the same team a PM starts using a different name just to keep it rolling. Carnage, but great fun and a good way to end the night. Funny moment was when I bumped into another player and we were both like 'what team are you on?' not really wanting to shoot each other at point blank range ... so he shot himself in the boot and I medic'd him back in 😂

Took all the pews and they all behaved too, I even remembered to release the pre-cocking on the 308 at the end of the evening which has been something I've forgotten a few times before, definitely need a different red dot on it though.

That reminds me, I need to take the batteries out of the sights & lights.

Went to Worthing again today, but only played the morning. Only had space for 1 gun, since my other two rifle bags are being used for giving all my m14s to a local tech to do some magic on them as they all have different, but annoying small problems. One doesn't feed, one gearbox is totally locked up and one drops power as soon as any hop is applied. So I decided to bring just my m40a5 and HK45 for a sidearm, as I sorted the m40 last game day and it's one of my most reliable guns, and the HK45 is one of my most reliable pistols, especially in the colder temperatures we're starting to get. Easily passed chrono on both with a little bit of tweaking the bolt on the m40a5 and I'm still using my summer ghillie; there's enough green on the site that it still works, but I'd like to get my winter one done at some point soon. I have all the parts, but I just haven't started yet. I was also testing out my earmor m31s, the ones that are only hearing protection and ambient sound amplification, no radio comms with them. They worked well, suppressing grenade bangs while amplifying the noise of peoples guns and any twig snapping and leaves rustling when people moved, but they didn't amplify voices very well.

Well, first game was an attack and defend on the checkpoint and we started from the good side. Got into my usual spot that overlooked the entire thing, but it was ruined by a non-hit taker very early on. My team... was a bit crap and I ended up being by far the furthest forward on my team and the other team pushed up near my position. I shot one with the HK45, a single shot right into the centre of his chest, but all he did was flinch and look around to try and find me. I had to put two more in before he called it, but that was enough shots to give up my position and I had to fall back. Didn't fall back too far, but it meant that we lost our only foothold near the objective. Not a good start to the day and it put me in a bit of a bad mood, but I didn't let it get to me too much. My team never pushed up anywhere near and I ended up being the front line for the entire game, despite having a bolt action with an MED. Second game we flipped sides and the wind started really picking up. I got into a position to cover one side of the checkpoint after I pushed up all the way, but... my team didn't really follow and I had to fall back again. Even in my fallback position I didn't really see many people pushing up past me as I was covering half of the area. Had someone shoot at me, but he wasn't adjusting fort the wind so all his shots were hitting to my left, whereas I adjusted for the wind and hit him out twice, as he got medic'd for the first.

The third game was the best of the day by far. There were some jerry cans in the Tower base that the teams had to grab and take back to our respawns, Sounds simple, right? What made it a lot more complex was that the marshalls were all heavily armed and guarding the area with juggernaut rules. They could die to grenades and also if someone got into the Tower itself and hit a bell they all went down for 30 seconds. I decided to use the opportunity to practice my sniper skills and made my own game of it, since I wouldn't be pushing into the area with a bolt action rifle and my heart problems still very present. I decided to make my objective to hit every one of the marshalls at least once while not being detected or hit for the whole game, inspired by a video on the youtube channel that originally got me into ghillie sniping all those years ago. I took it very slow, getting into a position with a view into the Tower base area, though the window in to shoot was rather small so the shots would need to be precise. Furthermore, one of the marshalls is my friend and knew the likely area I would go. Him and another marshall were patrolling the area and looking around for me, but every time I saw them looking over in the area I went completely still. I managed to completely avoid detection the entire game and posted shots onto every marshall present, so mission accomplished for me. I thoroughly enjoyed it and our team ended up winning because my friend's grandson, who has only just started airsofting, managed to get into the base, take a jerry can and run it out before getting hit, but by that point it was far enough out for us to get. Of the three cans, we had two thanks to him, and the other team only managed to get one.

I decided to call it there though. I had been fairly active in the morning with all the having to fall back from rapidly approaching enemy players and didn't want to push it with my heart issues still here. 31 week waiting list and I'm "only" 11 weeks in since the referral. Wind was picking up too, so combined with how they're developing the site into what feels more like a CQB site every day sniping was getting incredibly difficult. Next game day I might bring out the SR-25 again, as I'm waiting on the m14s to be sorted and that short m14 will become my go-to AEG once they're done, but for now the SR-25 will fill that void. Would go with the mk12, but it's getting cold for GBBs and with some of the questionable hit taking I don't want to have to be putting 5 shots into someone to get them to take it when I only have 35 in the magazine. We'll see how I feel, but with only one gun bag I have to be choosey with what I bring for now.

So after months of life getting in the way, today I managed to get to South Herts Airsoft just south of Hemel Hempstead. Despite getting royally buggered by the gods of public transport it was a really good day. The site is well run with a relaxed atmosphere and an emphasis on making sure you got a decent amount of game time but without feeling like you're being rushed. The games themselves were well thought out and worked well with both the layout of the site and the numbers (they were fully booked but had a number of last minute cancellations, total was 23 iirc). Hit taking was also really good with no "wtf?" moments.

On site facilities weren't great (portaloos and tables under gazebos) but they're still a new site and are planning on making changes so I can't really fault them there. They also had a selection of drinks for sale and Combat UK were there with bbs, gas and pyros for sale.

All in all I think I've found my new regular site 

Today, I took another trip to Airsoft Plantation.  Unfortunately, their other site, Tower Airsoft, is now only open on the last Sunday of the month; I miss the Saturday games there.

Numbers were a bit lower than usual, which resulted in more open play.

I took my newly built MPi-AK74N to set the hop and test the power; it came in at 1.24J, which isn't bad on an M100 spring!

This was very much "smoke grenade day" at AP; every game involved designated "bomb runners" having to get smoke grenades somewhere and set them off.

The first game of the day involved the Blue Team (that was us) having to transport two smoke grenades to the Town Hall in the village and set them off in it.  We had infinite respawns on a marshal while the defenders had two lives, one of which had to be taken in a village structure, while the other had too be taken outside a structure.

As a team, we decided to spread our attack across the front and left flank of the village.  Initially, I went straight up the middle but it soon became obvious that the enemy had that area well covered.  Having been hit, I regened and went up the right flank before cutting left into the village along with a number of other players.  We pushed hard, supported by another group on our right flank, and got both smoke grenades into the Town Hall.

This game was then turned around and it was our turn to defend; along with several others, I took up a position in the village suburbs, intending to hold up any flanking move by the Red Team.  This went well for quite a while as, despite losses, we prevented the enemy pushing into the suburbs, picking them off as they tried to get close.  However, some of our group had to redeploy further down the flank as we became aware that enemy players were flanking wide in attempt to attack the village from the rear, leaving us weakened.  The enemy attacked again and I was hit, having to leave my structure and fight in the open.  Noticing two enemy players who had flanked us and were behind a building, I moved up to it, peeked round a corner and took the first of them out with a couple of close range shots, followed by another enemy player who was in a bush just behind him.  I ducked back behind the corner to try to work out what the other player behind the hut was doing; peeking around the corner again, I saw him and put three shots into his chest.  He ducked back round the corner and, as I advanced, shot me in the face at point blank range, leaving a deep gouge and a lot of blood.  Wanker!

The Red Team failed to get either smoke grenade into the Town Hall.

After a break to mag up (and clear up the blood), we started a new game.  The Red Team started behind the Mortar Pits and had to get a smoke bomb into each of the Town Hall (village), the High Tower and the Boathouse.  We started on the firebreak and had a 10 second head start to try to get into defensive positions.  A group of us headed to the Boathouse and secured it; after a while, it became obvious that the enemy were not putting us under any real pressure so half of us decided to go on the offensive, attacking the Mortar Pits and moving up on the enemy's rear as they attacked the village and the High Tower, although we feared that the latter might have fallen as it is very close to the enemy's start point.  After a stiff fight around the Comms Truck, we swept through the Mortar Pits and were buoyed up by waves and cheers from the remaining defenders of the High Tower, who had withstood many enemy assaults.  We ended up attacking the enemy as they attacked the village: it was a very messy Red Team sandwich.

After lunch, during which the player marshals were switched to the Red Team to try to get them going, our team took up a position at the DEA Base, with a mission to get a smoke bomb into the Town Hall.  The Red Team started in the village and were tasked to get a smoke bomb into the cockpit of the plane at the DEA base.  I stayed with the group defending the DEA base; after quite a while when not much happened, we noticed movement indicating that the enemy had flanked around the site and were attacking from our rear.  Redeploying, we had a really good firefight with them, with lots of buddy regens on either side.  After a long fight, I was hit and had to fall back 30 metres and and find an unengaged teammate to regen on.  This proved impossible as everyone was in combat, so I set off to find our attacking team and regen on one of them.  Just as I found them, our smoke bomb was set off in the Town Hall.  Game over!

This game was then turned around and a group of us went on a long flanking manoeuvre to do exactly what the enemy had tried to do to us in the previous game.  Fighting through various ambushes and a poison gas attack and taking casualties, we approached the DEA base, only to be attacked by a lone enemy player who had crept up behind us.  Most of us had to go back to find a friend to regen on.  When we had regrouped, we pushed on again, only for the same player to do the same thing again.  More regening and off we went again, this time keeping a good eye on our tactical rear.  After a stiff fight, our smoke grenade was thrown into the cockpit, signalling the end of the game.

It was a really good day, despite the incident with the wanker, which was dealt with really well by the marshals.

Guns used:
APS UAR
LCT PP-19-01
Milbro M1911 Classic (CO2)

2 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

So after months of life getting in the way, today I managed to get to South Herts Airsoft just south of Hemel Hempstead. Despite getting royally buggered by the gods of public transport it was a really good day. The site is well run with a relaxed atmosphere and an emphasis on making sure you got a decent amount of game time but without feeling like you're being rushed. The games themselves were well thought out and worked well with both the layout of the site and the numbers (they were fully booked but had a number of last minute cancellations, total was 23 iirc). Hit taking was also really good with no "wtf?" moments.

On site facilities weren't great (portaloos and tables under gazebos) but they're still a new site and are planning on making changes so I can't really fault them there. They also had a selection of drinks for sale and Combat UK were there with bbs, gas and pyros for sale.

All in all I think I've found my new regular site 

Sounds good; it will be interesting to see how it develops.

Edited by Colin Allen

15 hours ago, Colin Allen said:

Sounds good; it will be interesting to see how it develops.

It's definitely got the potential to be a really good site and with the planned work I can see this happening. Just make sure to remember your lunch as there's none provided and the nearest shop is quite a way away 

3 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

It's definitely got the potential to be a really good site and with the planned work I can see this happening. Just make sure to remember your lunch as there's none provided and the nearest shop is quite a way away 

The lunch thing is a bit of a deal breaker for me nowadays - I don't mind gazebos and porta bogs - but I want a hot lunch.  If it's a burger van - I don't want to be crunching my way through a gristle burger, which I why I probably won't go back to Reforger anytime soon.

Had a another good day at Spec Ops yesterday.  Aforementioned lunch has now switched to Carlos' Meaty Meatball subs, which certainly filled you up ready for the afternoon.  Only 50 or so people there, but it was a very well spirited day with good hit taking and lots of younglings rushing around.  Half a dozen of them latched on to me as if I was some kind of Pied Piper, but it was still fun.  One of them went "can you shoot me in the foot" whilst we were waiting for the first game to start, which he instantly regretted; btu it entertained his mates at least.

Getting LMG'd in the face whilst charging an objective wasn't the funnest experience, but it seemed to be a day of buttock and cock shots so a change was as a good as a rest there. LOL

ADCreHeiAJ3cFRD68HR2DpKPoytdZKjEzWQChfA7zKeV9HlVY2_-i4FETQwvZZ1Lx6oXZvTtTotq2xKJvCYtioy8BLMSmxl4u9D-kGr8iKQvLM4YbA5OomxNz4ZVRBOghJXeeN1HqUdr7XddrMuvtgQ3aSqfEw=w1044-h947-s-no-gm?authuser=0

ADCreHfwo1hdJNQLIza2J9AvMxiZYDdtqrXslLDIAF2fS1Ag3LvlcXwpLV2N4fChBPKSBGW3VG8Mcr-r1FZCZvNpYjUynmCmvSMXWGJwPKa1lTzq7DnZa9gLYgqqJYzBeoccxmA-ycw7csCSlrfb2I5s2OsDmg=w1210-h940-s-no-gm?authuser=0

They're opening up their new CQB site in February which will be interesting - I'm volunteering for a weekend build to help things along.

5 minutes ago, Dan Robinson said:

The lunch thing is a bit of a deal breaker for me nowadays - I don't mind gazebos and porta bogs - but I want a hot lunch.  If it's a burger van - I don't want to be crunching my way through a gristle burger, which I why I probably won't go back to Reforger anytime soon.

I know what you mean, it can be a nice morale boost to get something hot in you (get your mind out of the gutter), especially as the days get colder. I often find that queueing for a burger often takes just as long as takes to cook up something on a camping stove, but you can also get other things sorted while waiting, rather than simply standing in a line