The 'How Did Your Airsoft Day Go? Thread

Skara

3 hours ago, GenuineGerman said:

Thanks to the bad influence of @gavinkempselli was hanging out my arse for most of the morning humping around what felt like a ton of AK but it’s glorious. Once I realised that how stupid I was being I switched over to a more manageable weighted rifle and spent a bit more time getting shot.

Oi, even I know not to use it in game.

Says he who has 2GBBR's, an AEG & 3 gas pistols ready for tomorrow & a total of 7x Scar-H gas mags, 12x M4gas mags, 4 hicap M4 mags & 5 gas mags for the pistols (not to carried all at once of course). All spread out through 2 sets of PLCE & a chest rig.

just as well I'm not taking the bus.

20 minutes ago, gavinkempsell said:

Oi, even I know not to use it in game.

Says he who has 2GBBR's, an AEG & 3 gas pistols ready for tomorrow & a total of 7x Scar-H gas mags, 12x M4gas mags, 4 hicap M4 mags & 5 gas mags for the pistols (not to carried all at once of course). All spread out through 2 sets of PLCE & a chest rig.

just as well I'm not taking the bus.

Fighting light then by the sounds of it 😂

Evening all, 

After a suggestion from one of our group, we all decided to give Apocalypse airsoft in Kent a go, having been playing at Airsoft Plantation up to that point. Different is good or so they say and we were looking forward to seeing how another site does things.

I had a pre visit sniff about online as you do and consulted the excellent reviews on here for a heads up as to what could be expected.

There are, as we know many mixed opinions but we went in with an open mind, it's only fair really. 

Thanks to traffic for no reason on the beloved national treasure that is the Dartford crossing we slithered in a bit late, having negotiated that poxy hill that everyone on here mentioned - now I get it! It would be nice if that could be rearranged somehow but they're working with what they have I guess. 

Before we really had a chance to pull our socks up the first difference became apparent, chrono. At AP it's all on you with no queuing up at the start but Apocalypse do do this and again, it was nice to see a different approach to it, you just get the usual cable tie or a sticker on the RIF then you're good to go. 

I managed to get prepped in record time, mags bombed up and batteries in to stocks for what was a bit of a marathon, this was a flag style game with poles that could be turned with different colours on the ends, I can't say I was fully aware of what was going on but just went with the flow. 

The next thing that hit me was the quality of the buildings, the Citadel (a giant feck off wooden castle) is great and the Village is alao to a very high standard, AP is good but this place have done well, this Citadel even had trenches underneath making it a nightmare to defend and certainly gets you thinking!

The game went on for some time, having started at 9:30 ish, word came around that it would be finishing at 12, longer than I'm used to and I only just had enough ammo to get through, no drama but next time I'll be more prepared.

The marshalls all seemed fine, A guy called Dimitri (I think) was the master of ceremonies for most of it, kept control of things well with his louder than average voice, useful as everyone kept yapping during the briefing!

I heard the main man is supposed to be Martin but I never managed to work out who he was. Didn't seem to be any issues with hit taking but people did seem to love shooting dead players, which the marshals were on top of straight away again nice to see. Apocalypse of course use the medic rule meaning you stand there after being shot in the hope that a chum is available to 'medic' you back into the game, again not something I'm used to but I learned it as I went.

Facilities were decent, the shop is just a massive danger zone where mentally, I spent thousands looking at the RIF's and kit in there. The toilets are basically a pile of stones that you piss into, doesn't smell all that nice but not a deal breaker. I didn't partake in the food but my nose told me it would have been a good shout had I done so.

Something else my nose told me was that some people there were on the weed. Now to be clear, I don't give a shit about it all, long as no one else has to suffer it that doesn't want to that is and it was a bit disappointing to have to be exposed to it all at what was supposed to be a public event, full of kids too I might add.

Again, not to overstate the point I'm live and let live but it would have been nice to see the staff get a handle on this, but they allowed it to continue which I found a bit poor. 

The rest of the games were a similar format to the first, same objectives and same locations but being a new site it was still enjoyable. 

All in all worth going and a useful insight into something a little bit different..........

Posted (edited)

Glad you had a good day. Dimitri is as we call him "the mad russian".

He's an awesome guy. The marshalls are really good up there and I'm surprised they didn't clock on about the weed. One of the marshalls is a copper ....👍

That's my usual site. I can only apologise for the Dartford traffic ( I live there....urgh) and the M20 50mph speed limits. Sorry. 

The village is murderous to attack and defend. There's a couple of properly sneaky hidey holes that the regulars know. 

Jon is in the process of building proper toilets up there. 

We did the under 18's day yesterday. 👍that hill is a killer though 😱🤣

Oh and keep an eye on their FB page as they stick loads of pictures up of stuff that goes on. 

Edited by Egon_247

Quality morning at Driver Wood yesterday (Sunday). Numbers were rather lower than normal - something that I put down to a certain football match the night before. Indeed I overheard more than one person at morning Chrono pondering aloud whether they would be able to keep their stomach contents down during the game, and speculating as to the effect of vomiting through a mesh mask.

To be honest, at circa 25 per team, rather than the usual 50 or so, I always have a good time -and yesterday was no different. Opting to run the L96 and MK23 during the the first game, my performance was rather lacklustre. Some memorable eliminations dealt out, but being the charitable sort, I provided the opposition with far more golden memories of 'slotting the tall idiot wearing partizan camo'.

Second game I took off the viper hood, and picked up the STG44 to give it its first game. Totally stock, except for a deans connector soldered on, and a fake rivet epoxied to the receiver in order to semi lock it (it was shooting at DMR levels out of the box). Absolutely phenomenal game, with much mischief dealt out with the Sturmgewehr - it shot incredibly well on 0.28s- body size accurate at 60m+ (tested on the range). The only price I paid was using the canvas and leather repro ammo pouches - fast mag changes are really a thing of the past. Oh and the fact that the STG44 weighs a fraction more than an early 2000s Nissen Micra. Not that I'd change it for the world - the pleasure of humping that thing around with its meter long banana mags was immense.

On 07/07/2024 at 10:01, Egon_247 said:

So yesterdays foray into plastic propulsion wet well. Very well. In fact I had an absolute blast.

Fielded the M14 socom, with the boy using his trusty mp5. Chrono was weird though. He was reaching out to 50m+ with the mp5 but the chrono said it was doing 0.65j on .28's.

Odd.

Still. Everyone took their hits, the only raised voice was from a sniper who couldn't snipe and got lit up when he started shouting about it. Rookie error. 🤣

Much unhealthy food consumed, many pyros lobbed, lots of plastic slung and after a nice spot gathered me 7 in a row, we had one guy left to find to clear the village. Only the sod had got himself inside an upturned barrel and was doing the benny hill hiding thing. Took us AGES to find the bugger!!!

Awesome day. I'm knackered now. 🤣🤣

Yeahhhhh, rookie error. If I think I'm hitting someone but I'm actually dropping short, or if I am hitting them and they're blatantly not taking hits, I just... stay quiet and shoot them some more. If it's blatant non-hit taking that I can clearly see, those shots may move up from the torso to the head; you get 3 chances with me!

Also, you can definitely get decent range with 0.65J. I know my TM mp7 AEP can do about 45m with a degree of accuracy (the shots hit about as hard as gentle caress at that range though) and that's 0.6J on .25s. It's all in the hop!

On 08/07/2024 at 09:28, The_Lord_Poncho said:

Second game I took off the viper hood, and picked up the STG44 to give it its first game. Totally stock, except for a deans connector soldered on, and a fake rivet epoxied to the receiver in order to semi lock it (it was shooting at DMR levels out of the box). Absolutely phenomenal game, with much mischief dealt out with the Sturmgewehr - it shot incredibly well on 0.28s- body size accurate at 60m+ (tested on the range). The only price I paid was using the canvas and leather repro ammo pouches - fast mag changes are really a thing of the past. Oh and the fact that the STG44 weighs a fraction more than an early 2000s Nissen Micra. Not that I'd change it for the world - the pleasure of humping that thing around with its meter long banana mags was immense.

I've heard about those STG44s from a friend who did a lot of WW2 airsoft. He was not the biggest fan of some of the Axis players showing up with those on full auto because as you said, they're DMRs out of the box. Your experience with them though mirrors what I love about the hobby; some people like speedyboi slick efficient "I want to win" loadouts with lightweight guns, highcap magazines and quick-to-access molle pouches, others like us like a bit of impracticality to use the things that we like :P 

So after finding out earlier in the week that South Herts Airsoft didn't have a midweek game yesterday at the last minute I booked myself into Future Survival in Gravesend.

Knowing how close the engagement ranges are I opted to leave the AEGs at home and took a couple of pistols and the shotgun. Unfortunately the shotgun was a little hot so it went straight back in the bag, yes I could've switched to a lower power gas but tbh I couldn't be arsed as there wasn't long before the first game was starting.

Games were general well run with a few issues which were quickly sorted of by the staff. Unfortunately this didn't last into the last game as some (on both sides) did appear to start getting a loose interpretation of rules on pre firing and overkill.

Overall it was far from the best day of airsoft I've had, but it definitely wasn't a bad day as, the good still certainly outweighed the bad

First time today at Level 2 Airsoft in Oldham.

Took my WE Gen 3 Glock 17, PTS RM4 ERG Scout and Ronin AK variant. Glock and Scout were fine but the AK fired hot (375ish) which was annoying as I've never used it before. Then the gearbox locked up so it's stuck in semi and can't be changed to full or safe so that's fun and another project that'll probably never get finished.

The site is up 2 flights of stairs so with a very heavy XL hard case was one way of waking up but once I got upstairs, I was greeted with a nice spacious and clean shop and safezone area, plenty of space to get myself set up without being crammed in. Staff are very friendly and helpful with clear instructions all day.

The game zone is very nice, loads of space and routes to take to access different areas of the site. I only did half a day but four different game modes in that time, Team Deathmatch, 'Whack-A-Mole' (8 targets that need to be shot to change colour), Domination and Point Capture (using jerry cans with numbers on them). Quick 5 minute bomb up between games and everything went very smoothly, no issues with people not taking hits although their Tap Tap Pause rule took some getting used to and I did accidentally triple tap a handful of people. My bad!

Sadly, alongside the issue with my AK, the firing pin in my TRMR-E1 snapped. I have no idea how the fuck it happened but only found out after I threw it the second time and it didn't go off, opened it up and the pin was gone. Sadly I think that's a replacement TRMR so that's another £85 to spend I don't have.

Overall, good day. Nice to be at a new-to-me site, good staff, just issues with my own kit that put a dampener on it. Will definitely be back.

Today, the lad and I set off for the first day at the new Dragons Lair site in Stifford, Essex.  They had been operating out of their old site at Kelvedon Hatch since 1987 and we had been occasion attendees for the last nine years, so we were both intrigued and nervous about what the new site would be like.

Another cause for slight nervousness was that I took two guns to use that I had just finished rebuilding and had not had time to test outside the house.

The safe zone is excellent; good table space, free tea and coffee all day and a decent little shop provided by Airsoft Zone (Hi Marek!).  Food could be ordered via a QR code from the hotel in whose grounds the new site sits.  We were the first to sign in, so I was player No 1 at the first day of the new site.

The first game was a simple attack and defend game; as the attackers, we had to take three structures along the valley (the site is essentially a long valley with wood and scrub covered slopes along the either side) and then turn 90 degrees left to take the final one atop the ridge by the safezone.  This was hard!  With the lad enjoying himself sneaking around the woods on the slopes to our left, we took the first and second ones rather rapidly and then ran up against the compound.  I joined a group who were pushing along the right hand ridge, clearing the woods of defenders and pushing towards the rear of the compound, while the lad was moving along the compound wall with a group.  After a lot of shooting and dithering by our team, the lad led an attack into the rear of the compound, enabling its capture, which was signified by pulling down the Union Flag and raising the glorious flag of...Afghanistan!

However, we never got anywhere near the final objective on the ridge.

After a short break to load up and take on fluids (it was very warm!), the game was turned around.  The lad and I, along with some other players, headed back into the woods where he had been in the first game and had a great time shooting the other team as they tried to advance up the slope; at one point, the lad pushed through to the edge of the woods and took out a load of enemy players in the valley before being hit.  Returning from regen, he was shot at close range by one of our own team!

Falling back from there, I moved into a position supporting the compound, which was under sporadic attack from the enemy; a group of us were taken out by a player who suddenly appeared behind us, which rather impressed us; we were rather less impressed when we, and he, realised that we were on the same side!  The game ended with us still in control of the compound.

Lunch then followed; for those who had ordered from the hotel, this was delivered by a waiter in full dress, complete with bow tie, which was a slightly incongruous sight.

After lunch, we played a game where we, as the attackers, had to push up the ridge towards the safe zone, in order to reach the structure on that plateau.  We had infinite regens on a marshal behind the team, while the defenders had three lives.  The lad and I decided to use this as an opportunity to explore the limits of the site, pressing along the right hand ridge to its end and then turning left to follow that boundary.  The latter part involved us wading through stinging nettles and bushes, only to find that we had reached the same point as some of our colleagues who had come along a rather nice path.  Lesson learned!

As a team, we fought our way through the scrubland, eventually taking the objective and raising the Afghan flag after wearing down the other team.

After another short break to reload, we then acted as the defenders in the reverse of the game.  Taking up a position on the left, I took out a number of the attackers from a position in a large bush before being peppered by a few BBs.  Falling back, I cowered in another large bush, again taking out several of the enemy before bring hit by a couple of shots that drew blood; the guy who shot me said that he noticed a small part of the bush turning to look in his direction and then realised that it was a boonie hat.  Fair play!

My final position was behind a barricade near the objective; watching two support gunners decimate the enemy advance was rather impressive until they both got shot.  I was eventually hit on my fingertip, which, at that point, was the only part of me sticking out beyond the barricade; it was either a superb shot or a very lucky one.

The lad fought on gallantly for a while, but the attackers eventually raised the Union Flag over the structure.

It was a really good and fun day of airsoft, with only very few issues about overshooting.

The lad and I agreed that we prefer the new site to the old one as it has much more scope for being sneaky and crawling around.  We will definitely be going back.  Due to the proximity of the hotel, no bangs of any sort are allowed.

As to the two untried guns, both performed perfectly, although the MC51 was a little underpowered; on returning home, an XT M100 spring brought it up to 1.06J.

Weapons used:

Me:
Double Eagle M904G
Classic Army MC51
ASG XP18 Commander (CO2)

Hector:
G&G (originally) Magpul M4
G&G (originally) Keymod M4
ASG XP18 Commander (CO2)

Edited by Colin Allen

Well... I had a day at POW near Falkirk today, took my gbbr XM177 & SCAR-H along with my trusty aeg L85A1, partnered with a Browning Hipower & a Glock 17.

The L85 was too hot at the chrono firing 0.2's at 364, 363, 367ish so took it to the range and blasted through a hicap which managed to bring the fps to the 350's, the XM just wasn't working right for some reason, very inconsistant and pathetic, I'm gonna blame a bit of midcap syndrome as I filled the mags the night before, the Scar was a bit better but still not performing properly so I used the L85 in every game.

Decided I prefer using the DPM chest rig I bought last month , very comfortable to wear & holds plenty of mags, extra BB's (just in case 6 hicaps isn't enought :)  ) & some fluids, it's also got a short bit of plce belt on the left side where I've added a holster, would like it on my right be hey-ho.

I say prefer because of the convenience & as a fat fecker the mag pouches on my belt kit are at my side & round the back & a bit awkward to reach and guess where the open pouch is.

I'll still use the belt kit for my Scar Gas mags as on a chest rig it felt so unbalanced & actually painful to wear when I tried it last night.

I played the first 3 games (usually 4 at POW), first game we were defending the fort from a bomb attack (we failed) but quite happy as I got 3 kills with a possible 4th and was only hit once (unusual for me), I'm not built for any front line duty but I'm one hell of a rearguard.

Second game we were attacking the M.A.S.H area & despite staying side by side with my team mates I only killed a few trees & destroyed several twigs, got hit once near the end of the game but the only event really worth mentioning was jumping into a bog and spending the next few mins trying to extract my feet without loosing my boots. Don't think we won this game either.

Third game we were defending the flag in the Town area, all credit to the Reds as they played a great game, pushing all the time through the Bunker area and had us yellows pretty much cornered 10m from our spawn point, the flag was just within range of most of our pews so taking the flag wasn't as fast as it could have been if the spawn was a little further away. So we lost all 3 games, more were played after I left but I'd had enough of the heat and my total knackeredness. (plenty fluids were taken)

Spent about 20mins emptying my gas mags at the range then went home.

I think I've pretty much decided I'm not keen on using gbbr's, partially due the the weight of the mags but mainly coz I've not got them working properly (I take it ALL back, they are a different kettle of fish), I'll take them next time to see if filling the mags at the site makes any difference but suspect I'll take a couple of AEG's too.

Biggest challenge for my next game is to loose some weight, always been a fat lad (even in the TA) but my uniforms are either too tight or unwearable at the moment & that certainly doesn't help me enjoy my rare outings at playing soldiers.

p.s. lost my boonie.

450875582_864134405736927_695889688444578002_n.jpg

Edited by gavinkempsell

No actual playing for me today because medication, but I still headed down to Worthing Airsoft for the game day. Headed out while everyone was in the safety brief and had a long think about how to approach the site. I like my bolt actions and DMRs but with how overgrown the site gets every year, and the fact that it only gets worse every year as no maintenance is done, it's an incredibly difficult site to play at with an MED, so just being able to walk around and have a think when there aren't any BBs flying about is incredibly useful. At lunch time me and my friend went into the gameplay area as well to try and figure some things out, getting a new spot that draws a nasty line onto one of the bases from a concealed spot, and then working out a way to counter the new bunker, as what had happened in the morning during a rolling assault game had 3 people hold it for 40 minutes. We found a spot that is easy to get to and has about 70m of clear line of sight to the bunker, and we took a few shots to see how easy it would be to post through the window and both of us were able to slot shots through the window very easily.

I spent the rest of the day sorting the MWS. Was having issues with it not liking heavy ammo, and as a DMR I wanted to use .43s in it. New setup works really well (flamingo rubber + titan nub), but the scope is off-centre, which sucked. Also setup the VSR to use co2 inside the stock instead of a line and tank and was very pleased with how well it shot; it was so good that I'm considering using the co2 adapter for the MTW 308 when I get that build done.

I heard from my friend that the teams weren't very well balanced, and heard quite a few complaints about hit-taking, overshooting (probably related), players getting upset over stuff and spawn camping, as well as one of the ghillies constantly going out of bounds (surprise surprise...) and climbing up trees despite "there is no climbing up trees or on top of bases" being a line in the morning brief. Can't speak to the veracity of it all, but I trust the people who told me their stories, so it sounded like a bit of a rough one today.

07:00 today saw the lad and I heading off to to Airsoft Plantation in Essex.  The safe zone seemed a little emptier than usual, probably because the car park had been designated as an additional safe zone and a fair number of players had decided to remain there.

Having fortified the lad with a very strong coffee, the first game was a fallback.  The defenders had three lives, one in the woods, one at the border and one in the mortar pits.  As the attackers, we had infinite regens on a marshal who was 30m behind our rearmost player.  Along with other team members, we set off to attack down the left; the lad disappearing into the long grass, crawling on his belly towards the enemy.  After taking out the defenders on that flank, we pushed on towards the border, where the Blue Team put up a very impressive defence, which delayed us considerably.  However, we eventually got five players onto the bridge at the border, which required the defenders to fall back to the mortar pits, where we had to put up a flag on the middle bridge.

The lad and I had completely lost contact with each other by this time, so I joined a group who were moving through the village to swing around past the boat house and attack the bridge where the flag was from the flank.  We ran into a fair number of defenders, who slowed us down.  However, after a total of an hour of fierce fighting, the flag was raised by some of our colleagues.

After a short break to reload and take on fluids, we set out for the reverse of the previous game.  At the start, I took up position behind a fallen tree to the left of our first defence line, while the lad ensconced himself in a large and very dense holly bush to my right.  Our group took out a lot of the enemy, but they just regened and came back to the assault.  Eventually, I was hit and fell back to defend the border, which eventually fell after a hard fight.  Meanwhile, the lad had been conducting a one man fighting withdrawal, falling back in 30-50 metre bounds and reengaging the enemy each time.

The border having fallen, we regrouped at the mortar pits, where I took up a nice position covering one of the main approaches to the flag.  After a while, I had to abandon it as the enemy were pushing from the left and, at some point, I was hit by a shot from the recently captured castle, which ended my involvement.  The enemy raised the flag in a time that was a few seconds quicker than ours.

After lunch, we returned to the mortar pits for another game; the enemy had to get an ammo box with two grenades in it to the black Land Rover and then onto the top floor of the bus, setting one off in each location.  We could have a maximum of four players in the bus.  The attackers had infinite regens while we had two lives.  The lad positioned himself under the Bedford, finding the AKM a very useful tool to beat down the rampant stinging nettles.  The blue team's attack was heralded by a massive number of flash bangs, smoke grenades and gas grenades, which sent a fair number of our team back to take up their second life.  After potting a few of them, I was taken out by a flash bang and fell back to defend from behind one of the old cars, along with a  couple of other players.  This proved to be a good position, until we were finally taken out as the attackers swamped our position, whereupon we retired to the sidelines to watch the fun.  Having earlier blown up the Land Rover, the blue team turned their attention to the bus, over which they took an inordinate amount of time given that there were hardly any defenders left.  We joined their snipers in "encouraging" them to get on with it.

After another short break, that game was reversed and we went onto the attack, whittling down the defenders and blowing up the Land Rover, with the lad displaying his customary controlled aggression.  The bus proved tricky to break into; the lad climbed in through the rear emergency door and was then shot by a team member who had just entered via the front door and looked at him for about three seconds before shooting him.  I spent my time pinging BBs into the top floor windows to keep the defenders' heads down.  Eventually the second grenade was detonated on the top floor of the bus, unfortunately in a time a few seconds longer than that taken by the blue team.

For a final quick game, we moved to the village where the blue team had 15 minutes to get five players into the town hall.  We had two lives while they had infinite regens on a marshal.  The lad and I took up our favourite position in the fuel dump, him covering the left flank while I covered the front, with our right being covered by teammates in the main structures.  This was a fast moving and very intense game, with lots of communication among our team.  We were both eventually hit and fell back to the town hall, which was successfully defended, despite a couple of attackers breaking in at different times.  As the attackers were close to succeeding after 15 minutes, the game was allowed to run to a conclusion.

So ended a very good day of airsoft.  Hit taking was excellent and gentlemanly conduct was much in evidence during the very well designed games.

As the lad was releasing the precocking on his gun at the end, the site owner came over to him to commend him on his play during the day, which he described as fantastic; training goes a long way.

Weapons used:

Me:
Ares L1A1
Real Sword QBZ97
ASG XP18 Commander (CO2)

The lad:
LCT AKMS
G&G AKM
ASG XP18 Commander (CO2)

Had another morning at Outpost Airsoft, just outside Chester, with @sofieb yesterday morning. We also took one of the barmen from my local pub too. He's only a young 'un, comparatively speaking, and played a couple of years ago so had his own kit. We had been tormenting him with tales of how much friendly fire he was going to have to endure but when it came to it, neither of us could do it. He's a nice lad and I didn't want him to spit in my beer!

First game was a standard raise the flag. There were, in fact, 3 flags. Well, 3 spinning crosses with red and blue ends that had to be pointed upwards at the end of the game to win. The interesting part is that it was a timed game of 20 minutes with respawns for the first 15 minutes then hit and out for the last 5. On the whistle the barman just sprinted towards the middle to try to gain an advantage. I seem to remember laughing at him as he walked back to respawn before I had even hobbled to the first obstacle! 

I won't go into details but there was some good gameplay from both teams, good hit taking and lots of action. 

The part, of the impressive sized site, we played on was narrow (30m ish) but about 100m long with respawn at each end so not too far to walk back to, which I did a lot of! There is lots, and I mean lots, of cover, obstacles and structures to get around. All well laid out to not really give you a lot of cover. You've really got to your eyes and not focus on one point. It makes for good game play.

The second scenario was called the Research Lab. As the whole site is a disused WW2 airfield/training site there are plenty of old buildings dotted around, one of which was the Lab. There was a flag in the middle of a compound built around it. The objective is to remove the flag and not allow the defending team to put it back.

Again, well laid out area with some choke points and open areas. I even managed to run at the start of this game as we were the attacking team and all decided to just rush them. 

All in all it was another good day there. It was my second time there and Sofs and the barman first. We all enjoyed it and will probably get memberships there. 

One thing I do need to do before I next play is get my rifle sighted in. You can see the bb curving up at about 30-40m but my holo sight is nowhere near. I was trying to guide them to the target but it wasn't working. Definitely going to mess about with the hop as I've literally took it out of the box and started using it.

Last night game of the season is over, games were slow because the area we played in had thick canopy coverage so it was nigh on impossible to see anything (well I could hehe)..

So no Airsoft for me until September where we have a 27h game on the first weekend and the national finals on the last.

In the meantime I'll try to source some NV..

On 14/07/2024 at 19:24, gavinkempsell said:

Well... I had a day at POW near Falkirk today, took my gbbr XM177 & SCAR-H along with my trusty aeg L85A1, partnered with a Browning Hipower & a Glock 17.

The L85 was too hot at the chrono firing 0.2's at 364, 363, 367ish so took it to the range and blasted through a hicap which managed to bring the fps to the 350's, the XM just wasn't working right for some reason, very inconsistant and pathetic, I'm gonna blame a bit of midcap syndrome as I filled the mags the night before, the Scar was a bit better but still not performing properly so I used the L85 in every game.

Decided I prefer using the DPM chest rig I bought last month , very comfortable to wear & holds plenty of mags, extra BB's (just in case 6 hicaps isn't enought :)  ) & some fluids, it's also got a short bit of plce belt on the left side where I've added a holster, would like it on my right be hey-ho.

I say prefer because of the convenience & as a fat fecker the mag pouches on my belt kit are at my side & round the back & a bit awkward to reach and guess where the open pouch is.

I'll still use the belt kit for my Scar Gas mags as on a chest rig it felt so unbalanced & actually painful to wear when I tried it last night.

I played the first 3 games (usually 4 at POW), first game we were defending the fort from a bomb attack (we failed) but quite happy as I got 3 kills with a possible 4th and was only hit once (unusual for me), I'm not built for any front line duty but I'm one hell of a rearguard.

Second game we were attacking the M.A.S.H area & despite staying side by side with my team mates I only killed a few trees & destroyed several twigs, got hit once near the end of the game but the only event really worth mentioning was jumping into a bog and spending the next few mins trying to extract my feet without loosing my boots. Don't think we won this game either.

Third game we were defending the flag in the Town area, all credit to the Reds as they played a great game, pushing all the time through the Bunker area and had us yellows pretty much cornered 10m from our spawn point, the flag was just within range of most of our pews so taking the flag wasn't as fast as it could have been if the spawn was a little further away. So we lost all 3 games, more were played after I left but I'd had enough of the heat and my total knackeredness. (plenty fluids were taken)

Spent about 20mins emptying my gas mags at the range then went home.

I think I've pretty much decided I'm not keen on using gbbr's, partially due the the weight of the mags but mainly coz I've not got them working properly (I take it ALL back, they are a different kettle of fish), I'll take them next time to see if filling the mags at the site makes any difference but suspect I'll take a couple of AEG's too.

Biggest challenge for my next game is to loose some weight, always been a fat lad (even in the TA) but my uniforms are either too tight or unwearable at the moment & that certainly doesn't help me enjoy my rare outings at playing soldiers.

p.s. lost my boonie.

450875582_864134405736927_695889688444578002_n.jpg

yeah was a good day. very hot. I was on the red team and crawled 20m with bomb up to the fort breathing out my ass in the first game. threw the bomb... fell short.. threw it again. landed cm from the door then just ran in and surprised u guys. was a great day out. Next time ure there can I see ure xm177 cos I'm looking at macv sog setup 

cheers

23 minutes ago, Bravecoward said:

yeah was a good day. very hot. I was on the red team and crawled 20m with bomb up to the fort breathing out my ass in the first game. threw the bomb... fell short.. threw it again. landed cm from the door then just ran in and surprised u guys. was a great day out. Next time ure there can I see ure xm177 cos I'm looking at macv sog setup 

cheers

I expect Sept 8th will be my next game.

Disappointing day for me at AWA Herts. Hadn't been before but thought I'd give it a whirl.

It was their 'Big Skirm' where they run the whole site. In the morning there was a vague objective of 'collect some things from around the site' but the brief didn't say where they were, offer us any maps or suggest what the other team might be doing. The result was just some vague bumbling around an incredibly overgrown woodland, where I saw three or four players from the other team at most and the one chap I did hit didn't take it. At no point did we know how we were doing but we did know the result was supposed to influence the afternoon in someway (although it was never mentioned ever again).

After lunch it was a giant two+ hour fall back game, again with no real objective other than either attack (reds) or defend (greens). I called it quits a few fallbacks early as I got smashed in the face with the hardest airsoft hit I've ever had. I was lying a fair way back across open ground, so it hit me with a lot of force from a decent distance (50m+). I mentioned it to the marshal and he replied "Oh yeah the other team has lots of regulars who run DMRs. I bet I can guess who it was. We call his gun the C*ntcannon." Lovely!

Hard to know if it was outright shiftyness, or someone taking advantage of the fact they chrono on FPS, not joules but it's the first time I've had cause to think someone was actually using a hot RIF. Needless to say, won't be returning...

Today's airsoft adventure was a trip to the second game day at the new Dragon's Lair site in Essex; the lad and I were accompanied by his girlfriend Charlie, who is an accomplished real steel shooter.

Around 55 people were present, fewer than two weeks ago but this may have been down to it being peak holiday season.

The first game was a simple domination; the team that had the village flag up at the end would win.  We started from the back of the end compound, which is definitely not the best place to start this game.  Along with a group of team mates, I set off into the woods on the ridge to our left, intending to prevent the enemy outflanking our central push and, if possible, push them back and outflank theirs.  We had a cracking fight in the woods and pushed them back almost to their start point; however, this had no impact whatever on the outcome of the game as the blue team quickly got their flag up and held on to it until the end.

After a short break to reload and take on fluids (it was very hot), the game was reversed; a small group of us set off into the same woods, where we pushed forward past the village.  There I encountered Charlie, whose stalking skills had come to the fore; she was amazingly still, moving just enough to engage new targets, which she rapidly despatched.  We were soon joined by the lad and held our position until Charlie was hit by a wonderfully sneaky fellow who had flanked round us; the lad and I avenged her!  The game ended with our flag up in the village.

After another very necessary break, we played Hamburger Hill.  We defended the ridge nearest the safe zone with three lives while the attackers had to raise their flag on the hut on the summit.  The three of us took up position in a rather nice position among bushes under a low, spreading tree and engaged several attackers who we sent back to regen on a marshal positioned behind their team.  I was then shot in the back; clearly the attackers had turned our left flank, although this seemed odd as one of our players was still in position there.  After crawling out of the undergrowth I encountered two of our younger players and none of the enemy; when I asked them if they had just shot me, they told me that they had because they thought I was the enemy.  I took up another position behind a bush about 5m further back.  After potting a few attackers, I was hit by some shots from my right flank; assuming that the enemy had pushed up the main path up the ridge, I stood up to move back to my final position only for one of my own team to apologise for shooting me.  This seemed to be becoming a habit.  On the summit, I positioned myself behind a barricade, where I held out for a while until we were overrun.

After lunch, Hamburger Hill was reversed.  We struggled up the hill in the heat and pushed the enemy back; when I reached the summit, I witnessed the lad making a brilliant and successful run to raise the flag.  Unfortunately, our time was exactly one minute longer than that of the blues.

After taking on more water, we returned to the valley.  As the attackers, we had to raise our flag at each of the following: the camo net building, the centre compound, and the end compound; one a flag was raised, that became our regen.  We had infinite regens while the defenders had one life at each structure.  The slopes on either side were out of play, so this was played straight down the valley.  We quickly raised our flag at the camo net building and moved on the the main compound, which could only be entered by one door, which unsurprisingly proved to be a bit of a bottleneck.  However, our assault team pushed through, took the compound and attacked the final one, where the flag was eventually raised.

After another short break, during which a player was sent home for having a mag in his gun in the safe zone despite explicit warnings in the morning briefing, the game was turned around.  In the first stage, we prevented the enemy getting the camo net building flag up for quite a long time; after potting loads of attackers, I was hit on a finger, which was the only exposed part of me.  Defending the middle compound from a position in the back right corner, which covered the entrance, I was again hit after taking out a number of attackers.

In the rear compound, I took up a forward position in a corridor at 90 degrees to the entrance, while two other colleagues covered it from close up. They did a great job of smiting attackers and preventing them breaking in until they were both eventually hit.  Valhalla would welcome them as true heroes; Romans would laud their defence as being akin to that of Horatius Cocles.  After that, I potted everyone who tried to storm the entrance and those who tried to flank it.  The game ended when the attackers ran out of time.

It was a very good, albeit very hot, day of airsoft which was well marshalled, well organised and well played by both teams.  Charlie really enjoyed her second day of airsoft.

Guns used:

Me:
Hurricane Kit Knight's Armament SR47
Double Bell AKMS

ASG XP18 Commander (CO2)

The lad:
CYMA Zenitco AKS74U
CYMA Zenitco AK105
ASG XP18 Commander (CO2)

Charlie:
G&G "Magpul" M4

Edited by Colin Allen

2nd game day of not being able to play and I'm definitely feeling it. The weather was lovely yesterday at Worthing Airsoft; the sun was out, the temperature was warm but not too warm, and there was barely any wind. Add to that the first game had objectives that I would've loved to mess about with and I was annoyed I couldn't play, however I'm out until October and I have a firm date for my heart procedure, so in the long run things will be good; it just sucks to miss the summer season of airsoft. I still went down as usual to chat and have a look around during the safety brief and lunch hour when no games were going on to try and work out how to approach the site now since it's so bushy and MEDs are hard to negotiate during the summer months; hell I reckon even this winter might be difficult with how many new branches are growing outwards. There was also a new bunker built near the other new bunker and a bunch of sandbags set up between them making a trench line. It's a really nice little base area, however there are issues. My friend who was playing said that the teams weren't well balanced and the yellow team got pushed all the way back to their spawn. The issue here is that with the two bunkers, the farther one had an objective on it and the closer one is pretty damn close to the yellow team's spawn point, so there was a lot of frustration as people couldn't get out of their spawn. Funnily enough, this irked me even more simply because I found a way to counteract that position for precisely that situation; there's a position I found with a totally clear line of sight to the forward bunker (relative to the spawn point) that is easy to get into and can be reached without being spotted at all. The distance is also 62m from the position to the bunker itself, so it's a perfect position for a bolt action or DMR; I found I could easily post shots through the windows with my VSR when I took it out at lunch time last game day to see how easy it was to hit, but also if I am noticed getting into that spot, I'm confident at 62m most people's 1.1J guns just won't be hitting out to that distance with accuracy, so I can probably hit them before they can hit me. Though that said having looked at the spot from the bunker while my friend moved into it during the lunch hour I would be really surprised if somebody noticed; I was looking directly at the location and I couldn't see him! My friend eventually came back before lunch and called it a day there, as he was saying that hit taking was also pretty laughable. Again, I can't verify that as I wasn't playing, but I trust him.

So, what did I do with the day? Well, I did pack 8 guns as there was space in the car and no that isn't a typo. I brought my Tanaka m700, KJW m700, G&P m14, mk12 MWS, VSR and hi-capa, as well as two new gats I bought from people here, a JG skorpion and a DE m870 breacher, all to test on the range as they were either new purchases or they were guns I had upgraded and worked on over the last two weeks. Good thing is that almost everything worked well, so I spent some time setting the hop and getting a feeling for how they shot. The VSR was the big one, as I wanted to make sure it could shoot at 1.1J so I can take it to the night game we have at Worthing at the end of October, so I confirmed I could get that set up and then changed it back to 2.3J. 155psi for 2.3J on a .48, 80psi for 1.1J on a .32, both using co2. The hi-capa I need a new slide for, as the front sight came out during my last game day a month ago and I think it weakened the front when it was pulled out by whatever pulled it out, as when I put a new front sight on it the front of the slide snapped and pinged off when I test shot it. Recovered the new front sight and will get a metal slide when my paycheck comes in this week.

That said, apart from the hi-capa that needs a new slide, every single one of my guns is now set up and done. I've packed most of my collection away as I simply don't have the room for them all to be out (I live in a room in a shared house and it's quite a full room by this point...), but before I did so I made sure they were all performing where I want them to; the last ones were the ones I'm keeping out and are my general go-to guns. I also discovered that my very large Visionking 3.5-25x56mm scope only likes being on my m700s, as the mounts don't go onto any of my other guns and keep it straight, and I don't want to spend £80 or so picking up some real-steel scope mounts because 34mm tubes aren't exactly common in airsoft. I'll just keep that as my m700 scope and put other scopes on other things.

Now that's all done I think I'll just be practicing some long distance shots on the range during game days, so this is likely my last game day report for a while unless something spicy happens. I will now live vicariously through your posts until I'm back on the field in probably about 8 weeks time!

• Supporters
53 minutes ago, Skullchewer said:

Yesterday was a really great day at another Red Alert Airsoft Battlesim Lite special event. 

There were fifteen of my squad/group/ team/ bunch of numpties, The Outcasts, in attendance, and we joined with T.U.B.S Airsoft squad, to form the red team, along with a few stragglers, including @Lozart and friends. 

I was team captain of Red Team, charged with coordinating our forces throughout the battle. 

With over 120 players in attendance there were three teams total, Red, Yellow and Blue.

Objectives for the day were two bomb boxes, which could be armed by a 5 second hold of the button in your team's corresponding colour. The longer your team holds the bomb the more points you accrue. 

Each player was issued a dog tag in their teams colour, which can be captured by enemy players. 

Medic rules were in effect, with a two minute bleed out timer on hit players.

This really helped in the heat, reducing long walks to respawn, and allowing for a brief sit down while waiting for a medic. 

Advice to the Red team as we set up at our F.O.B. was: "Pace yourselves, let the other teams wear themselves out in the morning, and we'll dominate after lunch".

In the morning The Outcasts, along with Lozart and co, headed down into the valley, captured the bomb located in the valley area immediately, and then defended it for the duration of the first half of the day. 

Meanwhile the T.U.B.S. airsoft squad headed off to capture the second bomb at the other end of the site at "Tent", but encountered heavy resistance with Blue and Yellow teams having a pitch battle around the control point, so T.U.B.S swapped to marauding the area, picking up a lot of enemy dogtags, though they did rack up some time on the Tent bomb. 

At the end of the morning Red team had a slight lead over Yellow, with Blue trailing badly. 

After a lunch of bacon burgers, we all headed out for the second half, with respawn points rotated.

I had been informed about the battle over the second bomb control point, so I sent the majority of our forces straight back to the first bomb we had held all morning, while the rest went back to roaming for kills. 

Yellow gave us a good battle for the valley bomb point, managing to rack up 20 minutes on that one, but a small unit of our Reds managed to flank round and take out the Yellow defenders, capturing that objective for us again. Reds dug in and held it for the rest of the afternoon. 

Later in the afternoon I got killed in a dumb place, and couldn't be mediced back in, so after a very sweaty walk back to respawn I hooked up with players from Outcasts and T.U.B.S, and went for a wander. 

It was at this point we saw how our morning strategy of taking it easy had paid off. 

Blue and Yellow had no fight left in them. They'd rushed around a lot in the morning, and the baking sun had taken its toll. 

I believe a few of both teams had, unfortunately, packed up and gone home (it was really hot tbf).

However, a small contingent of Blue team were still fighting, and held the Tent bomb, putting up an EPIC defence, we just couldn't get to them. I chatted with one of them afterwards, and it turned out most of them had no ammo left! If only we'd known 🤣 Hats off to Blue for that one! We pushed hard, but they just managed to keep us at bay, right up to the final whistle. 

Back in to the safe zone, for a post game debrief, where there were smiles all round from all three teams. 

Final scores:

BlueTeam: 209 points. 

Yellow Team: 213 points. 

Red Team: 350 points. 

Then off to the pub to celebrate not only our victory, but also the 61st birthday of Outcast member @Honey Badger 63

The Outcasts picked up a few new members yesterday too, players we've played with before that have shown themselves to be the right kind of idiot 😉, including a forum member; @The_Roach

IMG-20240728-WA0058.jpg

REDALERT-28-7-24-322.jpg

IMG-20240728-WA0031.jpg

It was indeed an epic day, the push to flank the yellows for the bomb after lunch was great!

Brilliant to meet @The_Roach and chat all things Arktis while wondering if the yellow team had given up and gone home...

image.thumb.jpeg.b9e2c05fa866591aec7716a899bcdade.jpeg

2 hours ago, Skullchewer said:

Yesterday was a really great day at another Red Alert Airsoft Battlesim Lite special event. 

There were fifteen of my squad/group/ team/ bunch of numpties, The Outcasts, in attendance, and we joined with T.U.B.S Airsoft squad, to form the red team, along with a few stragglers, including @Lozart and friends. 

I was team captain of Red Team, charged with coordinating our forces throughout the battle. 

With over 120 players in attendance there were three teams total, Red, Yellow and Blue.

Objectives for the day were two bomb boxes, which could be armed by a 5 second hold of the button in your team's corresponding colour. The longer your team holds the bomb the more points you accrue. 

Each player was issued a dog tag in their teams colour, which can be captured by enemy players. 

Medic rules were in effect, with a two minute bleed out timer on hit players.

This really helped in the heat, reducing long walks to respawn, and allowing for a brief sit down while waiting for a medic. 

Advice to the Red team as we set up at our F.O.B. was: "Pace yourselves, let the other teams wear themselves out in the morning, and we'll dominate after lunch".

In the morning The Outcasts, along with Lozart and co, headed down into the valley, captured the bomb located in the valley area immediately, and then defended it for the duration of the first half of the day. 

Meanwhile the T.U.B.S. airsoft squad headed off to capture the second bomb at the other end of the site at "Tent", but encountered heavy resistance with Blue and Yellow teams having a pitch battle around the control point, so T.U.B.S swapped to marauding the area, picking up a lot of enemy dogtags, though they did rack up some time on the Tent bomb. 

At the end of the morning Red team had a slight lead over Yellow, with Blue trailing badly. 

After a lunch of bacon burgers, we all headed out for the second half, with respawn points rotated.

I had been informed about the battle over the second bomb control point, so I sent the majority of our forces straight back to the first bomb we had held all morning, while the rest went back to roaming for kills. 

Yellow gave us a good battle for the valley bomb point, managing to rack up 20 minutes on that one, but a small unit of our Reds managed to flank round and take out the Yellow defenders, capturing that objective for us again. Reds dug in and held it for the rest of the afternoon. 

Later in the afternoon I got killed in a dumb place, and couldn't be mediced back in, so after a very sweaty walk back to respawn I hooked up with players from Outcasts and T.U.B.S, and went for a wander. 

It was at this point we saw how our morning strategy of taking it easy had paid off. 

Blue and Yellow had no fight left in them. They'd rushed around a lot in the morning, and the baking sun had taken its toll. 

I believe a few of both teams had, unfortunately, packed up and gone home (it was really hot tbf).

However, a small contingent of Blue team were still fighting, and held the Tent bomb, putting up an EPIC defence, we just couldn't get to them. I chatted with one of them afterwards, and it turned out most of them had no ammo left! If only we'd known 🤣 Hats off to Blue for that one! We pushed hard, but they just managed to keep us at bay, right up to the final whistle. 

Back in to the safe zone, for a post game debrief, where there were smiles all round from all three teams. 

Final scores:

BlueTeam: 209 points. 

Yellow Team: 213 points. 

Red Team: 350 points. 

Then off to the pub to celebrate not only our victory, but also the 61st birthday of Outcast member @Honey Badger 63

The Outcasts picked up a few new members yesterday too, players we've played with before that have shown themselves to be the right kind of idiot 😉, including a forum member; @The_Roach

IMG-20240728-WA0058.jpg

REDALERT-28-7-24-322.jpg

IMG-20240728-WA0031.jpg

It seems to have been a great day!  What a fantastic report.