The 'How Did Your Airsoft Day Go? Thread

Skara

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, Skullchewer said:

Well, yesterday we had 108 players on the field. 

Everyone seemed to have a great day...

... except me. 

Marshaling the second game of the day, waking down a hill, stepped on a thick fallen branch that was concealed in long grass. 

The branch rolled, along with my ankle. 

I felt my foot fold, but my weight was on that side, so I let myself fall, though according to those watching I fell "gracefully" 🤣

I also heard a POP as my foot folded.  😬

Embarrassingly a weapons down was called. I stayed sat down, tested my ankle rotation, and all seemed good so I got up with some assistance, and hobbled off. 

I marshalled one more game, and spent the rest of the day sat down at mags and tags, as there were people in and out of the safe zone all day, so it was a good use of my time without having to walk. 

At end of day I took my boot off, and my ankle immediately swelled. 

I'm thinking now that "ah, I'll walk it off" may not have been the best idea.

Thankfully I don't have to be back on site till Wednesday, but right now I'm thinking I may need to go get it looked at. It's more painful than it was. 

Oh well!

20240623_182048.jpg

Get it looked at sharpish, if its a talus bone injury the can be bastards to put right, but if caught early enough then a simple boot can avoid lengthy surgical options.

Best to get it checked out & sooner the better.

Never a better time to have a bag of peas in the freezer either, cold compress wrapped in a tea towel will help the swelling but don't leave it on too long.

Edited by gavinkempsell

11 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Get it looked at sharpish, if its a talus bone injury the can be bastards to put right, but if caught early enough then a simple boot can avoid lengthy surgical options.

I have to agree with that; get thee to a hospital asap.

Back at the Stan again this sunday, 8 from our regular team (Sherwood Sentinels) and then another 6 including my Son in Law and Grandson so we made up not far off half of the players booked on for the day.

Played the usual selection of games, pushback, the case game and then kill confirmed (final game of the day was infected but I never play those) for the most part the day went pretty well, we were dominating a little and this usually leads to bitching and today was no exception. What we are starting to find is that opposition are not used to or expecting a co-ordinated organised team coming at them with a plan and this leads to assumption you must be running god mode.

Apparently a couple of people left at lunchtime saying they had a decent day but have since been spouting how rubbish it is and they will never be back, for those people you just need to be better, if you genuinely have a problem raise it with the marshals there and then, at least they have a chance to address your issues.

There were a couple of speedsofters there who were copping a lot of flak for running hot and not hit taking, but I played on their team and against them and had no issue at all, they were even randomly Chrono'd and came in well under the limit. People just like a target to moan about sometimes.

I know I have said it before but it is worth saying again, if you haven't tried the Stan since it re-opened give it a go, night games every other friday night (lots of fun in the dark) and every Sunday. also check out their socials (bias to declare here as my Son has just started managing them for them :) )

https://www.instagram.com/tachouse_thestan/

Friday night squad, we are back again this friday :)

Went out to RIFT the battery yesterday, and had another awesome day, despite the heat and humidity, so I was grateful for the short games with breaks in between.

As I had finally got the spare mags that were on back order arrive a few weeks ago, I decided to run my Krytac Kriss Vector as my main weapon, with my TM Lycoris Recoil as a sidearm, with my KWA Beretta 93r coming out briefly for a game too.

Got to site and got set up pretty quickly so I could have a go at setting the hop on the vector before chrono opened.

Initially I started on red team, but got moved over to blue team in the afternoon along with a few others to rebalanced the teams after a few people dropped out, presumably due to the heat.

Hit taking was excellent from what I saw, and there was plenty of good sportsmanship from both sides in calling trades and fist bumping or congratulating players for good shots etc.

Ran into a couple of snags with my equipment on the day which now need sorting..

The first was my smoke generator suppressor.  I noticed that the muzzle flash was inconsistent and the smoke generator was no longer producing smoke, despite the fan triggering, so I think it's now officially dead,  which is annoying as it looked amazing on my other guns loke the VFC M249...  so it was retired and I salvaged the Acetech Brighter-C tracer unit I had fitted into it to give it tracer function so that I could continue using tracer bbs (desperately needed in the dimly lit areas)

And finally,  I had a red dot I borrowed from another gun to put on the vector shot out, leaving me unable to see much through the broken glass. As I didn't have an allen key on me to remove it, I was forced to guestimate my shots from the tracers for most of a game before I was able to remove it during a break in the safe zone and resorting to iron sights for the rest of the day...  so now I need a new red dot.

All in all, it was a great day,  and i hope to get to this site many more times before it gets redeveloped in a couple of years time.

Make sure they transplant your balls to your ear so at least you'll look 'normal'

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Skullchewer said:

To those saying I should get my ankle checked, I am. Going to a&e.

We'll await the update in 48 hours.

• Supporters
58 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Lol, only 48 hours, I admire your optimism 🤣

• Supporters
On 24/06/2024 at 20:45, Rogerborg said:

Well, he was still limping about with a stick on Sunday!

Speaking of which, cracking day at Red Alert! Took the new Gordy clone out for its first proper run and discovered that (at least on the 11.1v I was running it with) it doesn't like most of my midcaps but runs perfectly happily on a hicap. New tappet spring and delay chip for that one I think!

The morning was a bit drizzly, but spirits were high, first game wasn't the usual infection style name game but rather the whole morning was a themed drug dealers/gun runners objective based taste of the Battlesim Lite style days. Great fun but a bit of advanced notice would have been appreciated so I could have brought some way of keeping hydrated for two hours out in the humid woods! We (Red team) won that one fairly convincingly, I took a tactical tumble running in to help cover an objective (no serious injuries other than pride, thankfully) but we managed to get ALL THE DRUGSSS!!!!!!

After a rather lovely lunch of chicken curry, it was back to more regular short skirmish type games One including some MASSIVE cuddly toys). The knees finally cried enough after that so the last short game of the day was missed. A fair number left through the day (some kicky ball thing was on the telly apparently) but the day started out with 102 players. Decent play all round, decent marshalling (even from hopalong @Skullchewer) and I finally met @GAMBLE too!

Yeah, the two hour game blind sided everyone. 

That was the biggest feedback, from me too! 

"Oh your ankle hurts? Walk for two hours."

But feedback in overall was good. 

Good to see you again, and that one big contraband extraction you guys did was epic. 🤣

Come to the Simlite on the 28th.

We are also trialing evening games soon. 

• Supporters
21 hours ago, Skullchewer said:

Come to the Simlite on the 28th.

Planning to!