Jump to content
sonofsammo

New gun choices...

Recommended Posts

I'm torn. I really like my SRS, but feel like I want more. I could further tinker with it in the pursuit of more, but I then run the risk of not having it in decent nick for a game day, which would make me sad.
I'd like an easier bolt pull, more range and a flatter trajectory if possible. And it has to be oh so quiet...

So, I have a few options and am not sure of which to go for:
a) Get another SRS and upgrade. I like the rifle, cos I like bullpups and I already have three mags. But it's getting so popular that parts are getting harder to get hold of.
b) Get a VSR and upgrade. I like that it's a light base. Parts are easier to get hold of too.
c) Get a KJW M700 and upgrade. I'd have a tanaka if I could find it, but this seems the next best thing. Gas consistency might be an issue, but a lot of the hunteering guys seem to swear buy them.

So..... help me Obi Wans! 😄 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why not... try something super short and light? https://www.bespokeairsoft.co.uk/ares-x-amoeba-as03-sawed-off-striker-sniper-rifle-urban-grey-as03-ug

 

I'm planning to pick one up myself soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AK47frizzle said:

Why not... try something super short and light? https://www.bespokeairsoft.co.uk/ares-x-amoeba-as03-sawed-off-striker-sniper-rifle-urban-grey-as03-ug

 

I'm planning to pick one up myself soon.

Wowsers. Now that is small! 
I wonder what the accuracy/range will be like with such aa short barrel...
Any idea what the platform is like for upgrading?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

Wowsers. Now that is small! 
I wonder what the accuracy/range will be like with such aa short barrel...
Any idea what the platform is like for upgrading?

Seems to share a lot of parts from the as02 variant, and those are very well received as sniper rifle platforms. 

 

 

Looks pretty decent tbh. I'm gonna get one and abuse the heck out of it. The idea of having long range performance in a tiny, efficient package appeals to me a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Silverback 50 cal. You know you want it!

 

 

alumyx_aap_sba_hti_cerakote.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can never not recommend the VSR, they're fantastic. Easy to source parts and shoot brilliantly when kitted out. 

The only real downside is that they're very light which some people don't like, but it's a preference thing. 

 

Maybe the AAC T10 is worth considering, VSR compatible but has a different aesthetic to set it apart 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That AS-03 looks hilarious.

 

If you want something a bit less extreme, may I suggest the Well MB-02, available in faux wood, black and OD.

 

MB02_DW_sniper_1__17160.1464422800.1280.

 

Because why?  Short, light, cheap, mostly VSR compatible.  If you're going to replace most of the internals, why spend much much more on a TM and then bin most of it?

 

Sadly, there are few sellers, so I'd have to point you at BBguns4Less.  Put it in your basket, leave it for 24 hours (don't visit the site again), and you'll get a 7% discount code, bringing it down to £74.40 delivered.

 

https://bbguns4less.co.uk/products/well-mb02-vsr10-spring-sniper-rifle-in-wood.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@sonofsammo well if you like the kjw m700 I have one I am looking to offload as I prefer my VSR. It comes with a palmers pursuit regulator and has a tapped mag and just needs some fettling. New AA hop for it etc to bring it up to laser standard. If your interested. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Asomodai said:

Silverback 50 cal. You know you want it!

 

 

alumyx_aap_sba_hti_cerakote.jpg

Although it's pretty, - no, no, and thrice no!
It's bigger and heavier than my current SRS, twice the price and with no discernible performance advantage...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

Although it's pretty, - no, no, and thrice no!
It's bigger and heavier than my current SRS, twice the price and with no discernible performance advantage...

 

I hear the bolt pull is a bit easier. But thats all ;)

 

Must it be a Bolty? 

 

Could always go for a SVU, bullpup and DMR

 

There is a Gas one as well if preferred. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

 

I hear the bolt pull is a bit easier. But thats all ;)

 

Must it be a Bolty? 

 

Could always go for a SVU, bullpup and DMR

 

There is a Gas one as well if preferred. 

Great minds think alike - I got an SVU (cos I like the SVD), upgraded it to 440 fps - it was hitting out at 80m. But I loathed it.
It's only for people with tiny arms and tiny hands 😞 
I really want the Silverback MDR - but I don't think that will actually be out, ever.
Play wise at the moment, I'm more interested in being sneaky and silent- picking shots - which is why I'm interested in something in addition to current SRS...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

Great minds think alike - I got an SVU (cos I like the SVD), upgraded it to 440 fps - it was hitting out at 80m. But I loathed it.
It's only for people with tiny arms and tiny hands 😞 
I really want the Silverback MDR - but I don't think that will actually be out, ever.
Play wise at the moment, I'm more interested in being sneaky and silent- picking shots - which is why I'm interested in something in addition to current SRS...

 

The only thing I can suggest thats a bullpup is the Snow Wolf M99 Barrett. EDIT: 7+kg of awesome. 

 

Otherwise, try and find one of the lightweight limited edition SRS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

light bolt pull and quiet sounds like a job for a wolverine bolt....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

VFC m40a5 has sniper fits all your needs. Super light bolt pull, consistent as shit when broken in and takes the usual maple leaf barrel/buckings 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

VFC m40a5 has sniper fits all your needs. Super light bolt pull, consistent as shit when broken in and takes the usual maple leaf barrel/buckings 

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the VFC just a rebrand of the cyma 700?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the VFC just a rebrand of the cyma 700?

CYMA don't make gas bolt actions. Which is what the VFC is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@PopRocket123The VFC in an improved upon m700 design. I ended up with very good Performance from it before selling to a mate. He used it all day Sunday and got some good kills with it. 

 

The gun gun is heavy though. From what I’ve heard from American owners, the stock is indistinguishable from the real one. The action is nice and the FPS is adjustable via the bolt. Mags are expensive and a touch fiddly to get in until you get used to it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another suggestion is the AAC10. Takes all the VSR upgrades and has TDC out of the box. It looks really meaty in person but is fairly lightweight.

 

 

p8268_1-1000x1000.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Wo1f thanks for the info. I've been considering love for a while

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, AK47frizzle said:

Why not... try something super short and light? https://www.bespokeairsoft.co.uk/ares-x-amoeba-as03-sawed-off-striker-sniper-rifle-urban-grey-as03-ug

 

I'm planning to pick one up myself soon.

So basically it’s a larger bolt action MK23 ? 😳

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the AAC T10. It would be my next sniper if I was to get one.

 

Knowing what you like etc, I’d buy another SRS and HPA it, you can pull the bolt with your pinky, and it’s like an inch bolt pull. Super quiet, and it’s the platform you like, and it’s very accurate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yo dude,

just my 10 cents here

I have most sniper rifles and i gotta say as far as stealth goes, my tanaka's are the way. as far as consistency goes, i'd highly recommend tapping a mag and running HPA

mine makes 490 on 25psi with the stock bolt and a palmers negative pressure stabiliser.

 

i use the Ogre line from my P* and dont even notice its there.

 

on the note of lines and realism, i hate to say it, but its still only a toy gun haha so whats the harm :P

*ducks for cover* 

 

Hope this helps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...