Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

8 hours ago, -davo- said:

Is this scammer/dodgy alert?

Definitely questions raised isn't it. Maybe they have been bitten by a someone on the other end where the Sellar hasnt taken the neseccary precautions. Surely that just means taking those protection, get proof of delivery, make sure its signed for.

Nah the more I try and justify it the louder it shouts 'fuck pew and I don't want repercussions'

• Supporters

His argument for "F&F" payment is bullshit, fees aren't very high, & should be incorporated into the asking price if he's that tight. 

As for PayPal support, as has been pointed out they've changed their T&C's, so yet more bullshit from the seller, definitely not to be trusted🤬

• Supporters
9 hours ago, -davo- said:

or is there some truth in this?

It doesn't matter either way.  There is no chance, absolutely none, that I'd pay more than sweetie money by F&F to some rando, despite him being ostensibly honest in the listing.  Even if he does send out exactly what's promised, things can go wrong after that.

And I don't get his objection.  If you pay G&S, it'll either get to him, or it won't.  If it does, what's the problem?  If it doesn't, then he doesn't send the item.  And I'm fine with paying the G&S fee - it protects me.

Nope, avoid, it's just not worth the risk, or even a discussion.

yeeeeeah, thought it was weird i couldn't find anything about it

agree with all what you've said
very helpful, thank you

just thought i'd ping this guy up -- he got a fair few pews up, so there's potential of someone being coerced into using paypal F&F by that guy

Soon as I read the F&F thing I lost any interest I had immediately

9 minutes ago, Hudson said:

We have a doozy of a macks today!

An older, standard style marui MP5SD5 could be yours for only £700! 🙃🤯

https://airsoft-forums.uk/classifieds/item/27947-heckler-koch-mp5-sd5/

I Almost spat my coffee out!! £700 for something that's worth a 6th of that...

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, Hudson said:

We have a doozy of a macks today!

An older, standard style marui MP5SD5 could be yours for only £700! 🙃🤯

https://airsoft-forums.uk/classifieds/item/27947-heckler-koch-mp5-sd5/

download (13).jpg

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

This one the added je ne sais qais, the frisson of excitement in not knowing if it ever worked from the factory.   I mean, never fired!

Imagine the adrenaline of plugging the first battery into its virgin terminals.  

Priceless! 

60641206.jpg

• Supporters

21 hours ago, -davo- said:

https://prefired.co.uk/ads/cyma-cm032a-m14-socom/
(also, these guns are [seller admittedly] naughty powered)

this guy got multiple items up, and has this at the bottom of each listing;

"If requesting to pay via paypal instead of bank transfer, please use friends and family. Goods and services takes too much of a percentage and the sale of rifs is not covered under their terms and conditions!"

I had a quick scan of Paypal's T&Cs, buyer protection programme, and some other bits
Could not find anything that even mentioned RIFs, air-powered weapons / sporting goods... no mention of

or is there some truth in this?

Always use buyer protection.

Paypal doesn't care about what it is as long as it is a legit purchase and not illegal.
I've had to claim twice. Once as the seller and once as the buyer for a RIF and both times it was clear what the sale was regarding and they sided with me because one was fraud and the other was a dick who didn't understand that second hand airsoft guns can go wrong and that no warranty is provided.
Airsoft rifs are fully legal in the UK and as such you really should have no issue with paypal siding on the side of right or wrong in a transaction. 

Edited by Groot

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Encore said:

I've left a question, asking for expiry dates on the tanks since there is no clear image or information in the advert itself.

Didn’t know HPA can go off ? 😳

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Didn’t know HPA can go off ? 😳

the tanks have an expiry period, given the pressure they're under you can't use them infinitely before fatigue makes them a safety hazard.

for larger tanks (eg dive tanks) or the more expensive composite tanks you can get them re-tested, but for the cheap tanks most players use it's as cheap to bin it and get a new tank when the test period is up.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

the tanks have an expiry period, given the pressure they're under you can't use them infinitely before fatigue makes them a safety hazard.

for larger tanks (eg dive tanks) or the more expensive composite tanks you can get them re-tested, but for the cheap tanks most players use it's as cheap to bin it and get a new tank when the test period is up.

🤣🤣🤣

4E6602FA-9C10-4F64-8283-08AEDA6B2D79.jpeg

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

damn, i swear part of me thought it was a trap.....

And you took it like a man , no moaning about being ‘offended’ or being ‘bullied’ sadly like so many would today ?good lad !👍😁

image.gif

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

And you took it like a man , no moaning about being ‘offended’ or being ‘bullied’ sadly like so many would today ?good lad !👍😁

image.gif

we all gotta goof sometimes :P

So you can have it new from here (in stock ..) https://www.tacticalairsoftshop.co.uk/Jing-Gong-MP5-SD5-Rifle-(Inc--Battery-and-Charger---068 

Or from this guy for and extra £5 and lose your warranty 

https://airsoft-forums.uk/classifieds/item/28332-jg-mp5/