Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

LOL

I'd give him some extra point for the marketing bullshit though. Half of these "upgrades" are absolutely unnecessary. 🤣

Edited by Krisz

19 minutes ago, Majestyk said:

Dave's Custom Airsoft: ripping people off since 2014.

41 minutes ago, Majestyk said:

I can almost understand a novice selling it like that if they don't have the skills to build it but a 'professional'?

• Supporters
1 minute ago, gavinkempsell said:

I can almost understand a novice selling it like that if they don't have the skills to build it but a 'professional'?

& if he's such a professional, why has he not sorted it.? 

Odds on the unlucky buyer might find more than the issues mentioned 😏

13 hours ago, Majestyk said:

This should be called a "mystery box".

Edited by Krisz

Either he's built several,  or he doesn't like the laughing emoji on his first listing. 

It's a decent pew, but I wouldn't pay £140 for it second hand.

Edited because  I can get it for about £70 - £80 new in Japan, but a quick Google and I see its is £140 new here.

Edited by Dan Robinson

2 hours ago, JimFromHorsham said:

😑

I don't comment much on here anymore but as someone who's built and sold many Glocks at a massive loss, this did leave me chuckling at the gall of this ad. His breakdown of costs actually includes a £65 labour charge (that he's invoiced himself!?). Then he's asking for the total new price + "labour" + £20 postage.

Why didn't I think of this when I sold this one which had a Guarder aluminium slide, steel outer barrel, nylon fibre frame, metal piston head, 150% recoil spring, uprated hammer spring, Flamingo bucking and Guarder lightweight mag for £175 posted!? 🤔

Also don't get me wrong, the Gen.3 is still a solid platform but if he wants even half of what he's asking (plus billing this as a "sleeper build"), then he really should have based it on a Gen.4.

Possibly he's not bothered about selling it, which is good because the chances of it going for anymore than about a third of what he's asking, are slim.

10 hours ago, JimFromHorsham said:

😑

The lads either on prescription meds for delusions and needs upped

or he’s just at it 😂😂

To be fair, he’s just batting back at my questions 😂😂

So definitely medicated

Edited by Enid_Puceflange

• Supporters

Lol, what a crock, my stock metal slide ksc G19 lasted 20 years at 340ish fps (propane-.20), without ever missing a beat, total cost new £65, never spent another penny on it. 

images (73).jpg

• Supporters
17 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

It looks like his MO is to charge silly money

For me it's the cigars and cognac picture with a blatantly photoshopped-in bit of paper with his name and a date on it. Totes legit.

3 hours ago, Lozart said:

For me it's the cigars and cognac picture with a blatantly photoshopped-in bit of paper with his name and a date on it. Totes legit.

Mine was the copy pasta first two paragraphs of this and previous showing at Mack's.

7 hours ago, Lozart said:

Tbh I didn't look at that I just went straight to the price, but you're right it's about as believable as a MP's election promise 

On 31/10/2023 at 13:22, Tackle said:

A pristine classic car might hold or increase in value, not entirely convinced a bashed up trmr is worth more lol, maybe there's a reason they're discontinued ? 😏

download (2).png

They're discontinued because a company in the US (ALS) bought out the patent rights and turned it into a non-regulated version of a flashbang for law enforcement use. That version sells for about $300-400 if you can find one since the manufacturer will only sell to verified LE and military agencies. It has nothing whatsoever to do with it's performance or reliability, quite the opposite in fact.

• Supporters
14 minutes ago, Ksepticon said:

They're discontinued because a company in the US (ALS) bought out the patent rights and turned it into a non-regulated version of a flashbang for law enforcement use. That version sells for about $300-400 if you can find one since the manufacturer will only sell to verified LE and military agencies. It has nothing whatsoever to do with it's performance or reliability, quite the opposite in fact.

That's as maybe but it isn't worth that much to an airsofter.

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, Ksepticon said:

Fair enough, thanks for the info, but doesn't change the fact that the sellers looked bashed to fuck, that alone makes me question the price in the s/h market.

Dynatecs get battered, they're still the OG classic that everyone else has tried to copy, but I don't see anyone trying to sell a banged up one for £100+ lol.

• Supporters
47 minutes ago, Ksepticon said:

They're discontinued because a company in the US (ALS) bought out the patent rights

Looks like US-11549793-B2 which references the ALS TRMR-LE (seemingly only sold in 12ga earburster form) and the elusive TRMR-LR (the cited link for that just redirects to the LE).  Citations going back over a century, including a 1916 GB patent.  Curiously there are two diagrams, one of which looks like the TRMR that we know, but the bulk of the claim is about one with a safety pin - presumably that's the LR.