Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

8 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

I still have such a soft spot for the CM16. 

What a workhorse that little thing was/is.

Likewise; I still have a couple, although they are pretty much unrecognisable now.

3 minutes ago, JVacation said:

It's a shame the price of them new these days are an absolute joke. So many better options for the same price or cheaper now. 

The entry level G&G weapons do seem to have been left behind somewhat, don't they?

£299?! - Granted you get a balaclava as extra, but sells new for @ £229 at Empire Airsoft, some blatant profiteering at the behest of fellow bush wookies going on here

This chap "joined the community" and posted a sales ad seven minutes later; I thought that members had to post a certain number of times before they could put up a sales ad.

Decent price though.

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, Colin Allen said:

This chap "joined the community" and posted a sales ad seven minutes later; I thought that members had to post a certain number of times before they could put up a sales ad.

Decent price though.

It is a good price, almost to good lol. 🤔😏

25 minutes ago, Tackle said:

It is a good price, almost to good lol. 🤔😏

Indeed. ;) 

52 minutes ago, Colin Allen said:

Decent price though.

Might need a spring change though 

5 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

Might need a spring change though 

I thought that they were a limited production run.

I've been guarding mine thinking its worth a fortune 😂🤔

1 hour ago, Shamal said:

I thought that they were a limited production run.

I've been guarding mine thinking its worth a fortune 😂🤔

It is, I reckon the limited edition price is around £100

They was only £100 when they was new... Sure, they're out of stock but given the state of it and it being galaxy I can't imagine that it's genuinely worth £100 or am I missing something?

9 minutes ago, JinxDuh said:

They was only £100 when they was new... Sure, they're out of stock but given the state of it and it being galaxy I can't imagine that it's genuinely worth £100 or am I missing something?

the condition put me off more than the price.

15 hours ago, Colin Allen said:

Decent price though.

Why do people always get their feet in the pictures?

I hate feet.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Dan Robinson said:

Why do people always get their feet in the pictures?

I hate feet.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SneakyBackgroundFeet/

Go on. I dare you.

13 hours ago, JinxDuh said:

Reading the description was highly amusing; one issue after another appeared.

41 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

His grammar and spelling is as boneyard as the rif!

Oh, the irony.

• Supporters
15 hours ago, gavinkempsell said:

the condition put me off more than the price.

About the only good thing i can say about the condition is at least he's declared it.

This seems like a perfect example of why secondhand prices in this hobby tend to be so low, you can have a gun that doesnt look that bad in photos, it may well shoot, but that doesnt mean it can't still have a myriad of horrors lurking under the hood.

21 hours ago, JinxDuh said:

He priced it based off of a TM that he saw, and thinks it's worth £70 in that state 😬 Maybe that price includes the hard drugs he's been ingesting prior to listing it?

Edited by JinxDuh

I couldn't help it, had to have a punt at it. Thought the £40 I offered was very reasonable....

Too many to list, bit had a browse through Bespoke Airsoft's boneyard. Prices seem too high for 'mystery problems' / 'possibly missing pieces'. Personally I wouldn't want to pay more than 1/3 original RRP. Similar to PBs boneyard pricing, probably why they've had the same 12 RIFs for months.

• Supporters
13 hours ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

I couldn't help it, had to have a punt at it. Thought the £40 I offered was very reasonable....

They are fun little plastic-fantastics. The gearbox is solid, the motor has speed but little torque so the auto is fine but semi is a bit comical[*], the short barrel and front end flex provides "area suppression" abilities, and the V3 trigger has a pull that spans postcodes.

In that condition, yeah, £40, I might have made an offer, but I'm after one with a non-mullered front end to sort my equally glued-and-taped one.

[*] Literally comical, a teammate and I had a good laugh out of me nearly friendly-firing him, but it took so long for the motor to audibly wind up that I actually managed to get my finger off the trigger first.

On 16/09/2023 at 09:39, OTH21 said:

Too many to list, bit had a browse through Bespoke Airsoft's boneyard. Prices seem too high for 'mystery problems' / 'possibly missing pieces'. Personally I wouldn't want to pay more than 1/3 original RRP. Similar to PBs boneyard pricing, probably why they've had the same 12 RIFs for months.

It escapes me why anyone would pay that much for non-functioning RIFs with no idea of what's wrong with them. Unless you have spare parts to hand, it's probably less or the same price to just buy new with a warranty.

1 hour ago, Cannonfodder said:

Is it just me or is someone being a bit optimistic about how much their stuff is really worth?

Most don't fully (or partially) realise the depreciation this is likely a 90-95% of new to recover the initial cost of a bad entry into the hobby.