Worst guns

Jambo88

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

What's the worst guns around for either looks or performance?

I'm going to start off with the FAMAS. It looks shit and I heard it is shit performance wise aswell. the Uzi is another horrible creation.

I'm going to start off with the FAMAS. It looks sh*t and I heard it is sh*t performance wise aswell. the Uzi is another horrible creation.

I quite like the famas I nearly bought one too. Then I realised the gearboxes are hard to get parts for. Each to their own I suppose. Personally I'm not an m4 fan even though I own one as my first gun. Just to common for me.

Most/some weapons from shops with BB guns in the title

• Supporters

a bit of a sore subject atm.....

but yeah in general most stuff from a BB shop - in particular then dinky 1/2 size kiddie replica's taking AAA batteries

Mother f*&£er bastid thing - I gave up trying to "fix" it and just threw down the garden

Didn't fix it but wow I felt so much better - some bits still remain down there I think

a bit of a sore subject atm.....

but yeah in general most stuff from a BB shop - in particular then dinky 1/2 size kiddie replica's taking AAA batteries

Mother f*&£er bastid thing - I gave up trying to "fix" it and just threw down the garden

Didn't fix it but wow I felt so much better - some bits still remain down there I think

Oh I know its a sore subject but thought I'd get in before anyone else did lol

I know exactly what you mean, the amount of times I've thrown things cause they were shit

My 1st rc sail boat I made, I used an old racing hull I had, looked brilliant by the time I'd finished, put it in the water (a stiff breeze) and it just sat there and drifted away so I jumped in after it & threw it at the wall :)

• Supporters

LOL - I think I might change my pic to Sky's Braniac logo

like the bit where they blow up microwaves with petrol, wire wool, thermalite etc....

"Don't try this at home"

Then they say:

"No Really don't try this at home - I break guns so you don't have to"

Nah, i prefer the manwell avatar you've got but you could make it your signature :)

Jbbg should have that as there website motto

At least the rubbish BB guns are cheap. When you buy an expensive gun and the basics don't work or it breaks really quickly (like the VFC 417 for example that has a fatal design flaw in its tripper and tappet plate, or an Ares Tar 21 keeps dropping magazines because the mag release doesn't work properly) then its a lot more problematic. At least with a cheap BB gun your £30 out of pocket not £300+. When its a design flaw the manufacturer can keep providing parts all they like but its not going to fix the issue.

I honestly don't know what the worst gun is but Ares I am very wary of as well as VFC (after seeing a friend go through some suffering with a 417).

• Supporters

This thing

ls9-gbb-pistol__17099_zoom.jpg

Absolutely horrendous gun. Plastic slide/receiver and the metals used for the internals dissolve after a few uses. The hop up is nonexistent and the magazines refuse to hold gas.

This thing

ls9-gbb-pistol__17099_zoom.jpg

Absolutely horrendous gun. Plastic slide/receiver and the metals used for the internals dissolve after a few uses. The hop up is nonexistent and the magazines refuse to hold gas.

Did you buy that :D

• Supporters

Ares L1A1 SLR - it does look good, but it doesn't feel that nice and internally it is not only utter shite but really difficult to break down so fixing it isn't any kind of easily contemplated plan, let alone actually achieved.

HFC pistols... it really can't be overstated just how much of a waste of money they are - even working as well as they do they are inaccurate, unpredictable, and break quickly.

P90 - yeah, maybe if you have short arms, otherwise they not only look shit but are too uncomfortable to shoulder.

I know what you mean re: FAMAS but they are kind of so ugly they're cool, in a brutal looking way. Although they do also look more like a power tool than a firearm imo...

Ares L1A1 SLR - it does look good, but it doesn't feel that nice and internally it is not only utter shite but really difficult to break down so fixing it isn't any kind of easily contemplated plan, let alone actually achieved.

HFC pistols... it really can't be overstated just how much of a waste of money they are - even working as well as they do they are inaccurate, unpredictable, and break quickly.

P90 - yeah, maybe if you have short arms, otherwise they not only look sh*t but are too uncomfortable to shoulder.

I know what you mean re: FAMAS but they are kind of so ugly they're cool, in a brutal looking way. Although they do also look more like a power tool than a firearm imo...

No the gun Russ( may be wrong) built was so ugly it was cool are you putting that and the FAMAS in the same category :o

The L1A1 is a thing of beauty it's sad to hear it's crap. Are all good looking guns crap?

• Supporters

TBH i'd rather skirmish a FAMAS than an Owen gun. I'd get rid of the bipod from the FAMAS though.

On the question of good looking vs crap... generally speaking I'd say that no gun off the shelf is up to the standards I've become used to from even relatively cheap upgrades, but i think i feel more gypped when i have forked out a lot for great externals and the performance is lack lustre or worse than i do when i've bought something cheap and find it needs another £70 minimum spent on upgrades. My new E&L AK-74 for eg - she is very disappointing to shoot (to the point that I will not even bother skirmishing her until i can afford my choice of upgrades), but I wasn't particularly displeased to discover that my CYMA RPK would be improved by a few parts I already had lurking about the place...

Only gun I've had that was proper shite was a JG M4 (from the inside of a thundermall) It's sold without the body kit as a JG 'Tanker' CQB.

The car-battery fuse was my first clue, then the pseudo-rivets made from rolled metal sheet and hammered in instead of screws/bolts. The barrel looked like it was made from standard brass piping of some kind with no inner coating and a flat sawn end. The gear-box - well I can't tell as it had imploded when I got given the gun but was a sticky grey mess and I was able to snap one of the supposedly 'metal' (looked like some kind of plastic-graphite-ish hybrid material) gears with my bare hands. The pistol grip was covered in car rubberised dashboard paint (which rubs off when applying any amount of angled pressure, with 1 finger)

Enough to put me off buying anything made by JG ever.

I don't count the two £40 B500A1s I first bought as more shite as they're actually better than I expected

I'm going to start off with the FAMAS. It looks sh*t and I heard it is sh*t performance wise aswell. the Uzi is another horrible creation.

My TM Famas has faithfully served me for about 9 years now. It's kept going long after many a full-metal this or upgraded that has been left in the safe zone with a fault.

It's not a great looking weapon, but in an ocean of M4's clones, it's nice to be a little different.

Why the dislike of ARES guns? I held the honey badger in my local shop,and honestly it felt great. Solid but not too heavy,nice firing position and the quick change spring is great. What makes the internals bad?

Not a pop at anyone by the way,i genuinely don't know.

My TM Famas has faithfully served me for about 9 years now. It's kept going long after many a full-metal this or upgraded that has been left in the safe zone with a fault.

It's not a great looking weapon, but in an ocean of M4's clones, it's nice to be a little different.

I agree it would be good to have something other than a M4 like everyone else but a FAMAS. The UAR would be a far better choice.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.