Stupid player experience

masadanator

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I remember this one guy (would have been about 16, I reckon). He came up to me in the safe-zone and started asking me questions about my "G36C". I quickly explained to him that it was a UMP, but it is quite an easy mistake to make as they look vaguely similar to one another. Guy then asks me if he can have a hold of my "MP5". I assume that he meant my MP5K, so I get it out of my nearby gun bag and hand it to him. His response to me was- I sh*t you not- "I was asking if I could look at your MP5, not your Scorpion. You know, the one in your hand?"

Are you f***ing kidding me?

I hand it over to him and, again, inform him that is a UMP and not an MP5. He then comes out with "are you sure? I've used a UMP in Call of Duty, and it doesn't look anything like a UMP. Looks a lot more like the MP5". I confirm with him that it most definitely is a UMP and not an MP5. I talked to him for a few more minutes until the next game was called. Dude then walks away and thanks me for letting him get a feel of a "MPL"

I lost a lot of faith in humanity that day.

haha, well to be fair to him. They are all H&K :blink:

I had never even heard of the MPL myself

haha, well to be fair to him. They are all H&K :blink:

I had never even heard of the MPL myself

The MPL is made by Walther. It's still pretty niche though!

All of the guns Falcon had with him were extremely different though- and how can you mix an MP5K up with a Scorpion? They're completely different!

• Supporters

All of the guns Falcon had with him were extremely different though- and how can you mix an MP5K up with a Scorpion? They're completely different!

I just had a look over at IMFDB on the grounds that maybe it's the models used in game that were screwing the kid up but no - seems he is ultimate derp.

The gun models in a lot of FPS games nowadays are extremely detailed, you can definitely see the difference between them!

Anyway, my regular site is criscrossed by ditches filled with brackish, muddy water. They're a bit of a health hazard, so the safety briefing always reminds players tht the only way you're allowed to get across them is by using bridges.

So we're midway through the day, and I'm merrily picking off targets with my DMR when all of a sudden I hear splashing coming from the ditch behind me- some idiot had crawled through the ditch system (risking his health) just to come and 'kill' me with his rubber knife!

I'm still holding out for an MPL AEG! Love those things so much.

That said, Echo1 USA have a gun coming out soon that looks kind of like it, without the stock. Would make quite a nice build project

2.jpg

• Supporters

I remember this one guy (would have been about 16, I reckon). He came up to me in the safe-zone and started asking me questions about my "G36C". I quickly explained to him that it was a UMP, but it is quite an easy mistake to make as they look vaguely similar to one another. Guy then asks me if he can have a hold of my "MP5". I assume that he meant my MP5K, so I get it out of my nearby gun bag and hand it to him. His response to me was- I sh*t you not- "I was asking if I could look at your MP5, not your Scorpion. You know, the one in your hand?"

Are you f***ing kidding me?

I hand it over to him and, again, inform him that is a UMP and not an MP5. He then comes out with "are you sure? I've used a UMP in Call of Duty, and it doesn't look anything like a UMP. Looks a lot more like the MP5". I confirm with him that it most definitely is a UMP and not an MP5. I talked to him for a few more minutes until the next game was called. Dude then walks away and thanks me for letting him get a feel of a "MPL"

I lost a lot of faith in humanity that day.

I can one up that, I was once asked if my Ar15 was, I shit you not, an L85.

That said, Echo1 USA have a gun coming out soon that looks kind of like it, without the stock. Would make quite a nice build project

2.jpg

looks like a tech 9

• Supporters

Not really a stupid player, nor an actual battle, but whatever.

I was playing a backyard battle back when my B500 from JBBG (don't lynch me) was my best AEG. I was using my stock uhc W700 on the ground, and we were shooting at the group on the roof (long story). I see something odd, what I believe is a hand. So I aim, and fire, and hit it. Turns put the kid was trying to take an "airsoft selfie" and stuck his hand up with his camera to take the pic, and I shot him. The pic was rather funny, as it was taken as he got hit. Rather mild in comparison to some of the stories on here, but it was still funny.

2.jpg

That seems to be a Tec 9. Not sure about the external battery mounting though, why not just make it GBB?

• Supporters

I didn't notice the battery connector at first... gawd, that's 'orrible!

2.jpg

That is a tec 9.

That seems to be a Tec 9. Not sure about the external battery mounting though, why not just make it GBB?

Already is a GBB version on eHobby Asia (can't for the life of me remember the manufacturer). Though it's capable of full-auto, so technically it's a KG-9 with a barrel cover.

Keeping on-topic, I'll never forget the first garden skirmish I had with my A&K SVD. Me and my best mate, vs his brother and his brother's best mate. Me and my mate were both using our spring snipers (he is the previous owner of my broken L96), and the other two had some rubbish £30 springers. The day was going alright until they got butthurt that we were too good at hiding, so we switched up the teams. I was with my mate's brother, he was with his brother's mate. It got quite interesting, but as I was looking through the shed door where we were hiding, my teammate decides to sprint out as I spot an enemy, and gets shot in the back of the neck. Bearing in mind this thing shoots at something ridiculous like 500fps out of the box, he wasn't too happy. All I could hear was my mate pissing himself laughing as he took a shot and hit me right in the noggin, ending our little day of high power plinking because his brother didn't want to get shot in the neck again. Nowadays he knows not to run out infront of someone's gun, so he learned his lesson.

• Supporters

*aehm* http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/GBB_Rifles_SMGs_Arms_Revolution_Arms_Revolution_KG9_GBB.htm

Before I got into airsoft, back when I was around 18 me and my friends had crappy bb guns and used to plink them in the local forest.

One time my mate had a JBBG special SVD, but it was like 500fps or something, didn't help that he stretched the spring inside to make it insanely powerful.

One time we were plinking, I found an old fold up chair and was using it as a riot shield and my friend was with me. We were being sniped by Mr. SVD. Stupidly my friend decides to make a run for it and I tell him no. He ignores me. Cue a mad dash across a field followed up by a massive grunt of pain. He got shot right below the eye by the SVD, blood pouring down his face and Mr SVD dying of laughter. I called the game off and treated him, luckily It was only a welt but a few more centimeters up and he would have been blind. I never plinked with them after that day, it was back when I was stupid and didn't know of eyepro *cringe*.

Another one was when me and around 20 friends just completely lit him up because he wanted us to. Bearing in mind we had springers, but he was topless and running around in nettle bushes for a laugh.

Before I got into airsoft, back when I was around 18 me and my friends had crappy bb guns and used to plink them in the local forest.

One time my mate had a JBBG special SVD, but it was like 500fps or something, didn't help that he stretched the spring inside to make it insanely powerful.

One time we were plinking, I found an old fold up chair and was using it as a riot shield and my friend was with me. We were being sniped by Mr. SVD. Stupidly my friend decides to make a run for it and I tell him no. He ignores me. Cue a mad dash across a field followed up by a massive grunt of pain. He got shot right below the eye by the SVD, blood pouring down his face and Mr SVD dying of laughter. I called the game off and treated him, luckily It was only a welt but a few more centimeters up and he would have been blind. I never plinked with them after that day, it was back when I was stupid and didn't know of eyepro *cringe*.

Another one was when me and around 20 friends just completely lit him up because he wanted us to. Bearing in mind we had springers, but he was topless and running around in nettle bushes for a laugh.

i did the same when i was younger, didnt even think of eye pro. my dad even shot at me from our bedroom window and i wasnt wearing eye pro. i cringe at the thought too

That's one way to traumatise children Alb haha

I can one up that, I was once asked if my Ar15 was, I sh*t you not, an L85.

I can go one further, I was once told by a Mexican Oompa loompa ( this kid was about 10, 4 ft tall and at least 10 stone) that my m14 was an awesome looking enfield (I'm assuming this is a COD reference)

Soo this happened last night;

3 of us on a defending team hiding in a dark cubby hole waiting for the attackers to pass us. We have no respawn and most of our team are dead. Another team member walks into our hiding space and decides to stab us all. Granted it was dark but FFS make sure you know who you're killing!

I can go one further, I was once told by a Mexican Oompa loompa ( this kid was about 10, 4 ft tall and at least 10 stone) that my m14 was an awesome looking enfield (I'm assuming this is a COD reference)

The Enfield is (IMO) a really skinny looking l85a1 without the carrying handle.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.