Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

Bit of an odd one but...

What is the best M4 highcap that is not a Lonex Flash Mag?

• Supporters

Sometimes depends on what gat it's going in to, some can be a bit fussy🤔

43 minutes ago, Skara said:

Bit of an odd one but...

What is the best M4 highcap that is not a Lonex Flash Mag?

Have to ask, why would you not want to use Lonex flash mags?   I think they're great.
As I've found with my CA Scarab, they are slightly differently designed than the Nuprol mag that came with the gun, but given the convenience of the flash mag in use, I'd rather mess with shimming the mag well than go back to standard high-caps that just happen to fit better.

(The Nuprol seems quite nicely made, btw, and has the hole in the side so it can be wound up with a key - which is better than using the wheel on the base, I think.   I've also had good experiences with my Classic Army high-caps, but they're old and might be manufactured differently these days.  I wouldn't recommend the Battleaxe(?) mag I bought from the shop at Spec Ops, that just plain didn't fit in a couple of my gnus)

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

1 hour ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Have to ask, why would you not want to use Lonex flash mags?

Oh don't worry, I'm not giving up on my Lonex mags, it's all I use in my M4s!

I just wanted to find an "old school" high cap that works and feeds with my guns.

Unfortunately the Specna high caps that came with them don't feed at all in full auto, even though they lock in so nicely despite the cunty ass Maxx chambers :D

I'm looking to get a We 350 round green gas drum mag for my AAP-01. Does anyone know how much green gas these go through? How many rounds can I expect to get out of a regular sized gas bottle?

3 hours ago, emit said:

I'm looking to get a We 350 round green gas drum mag for my AAP-01. Does anyone know how much green gas these go through? How many rounds can I expect to get out of a regular sized gas bottle?

A full sized can will completely fill it with about 1/4 of the can left. As long as it’s not cold, and you’re not full autoing constantly (i.e. leaving enough time between shots you don’t have a cool down problem) the gas will last for a mag full (300-350bb’s)

6 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

A full sized can will completely fill it with about 1/4 of the can left. As long as it’s not cold, and you’re not full autoing constantly (i.e. leaving enough time between shots you don’t have a cool down problem) the gas will last for a mag full (300-350bb’s)

Oh no, £11  for 800ml green gas+ 350bbs per mag 😢.  I wonder if converting to hpa would work out cheaper in the short to medium term?

Edited by emit

12 minutes ago, emit said:

Oh no, £11  for 800ml green gas+ 350bbs per mag 😢.  I wonder if converting to hpa would work out cheaper in the short to medium term?

If you can live with the line, HPA will always be more consistent, but then you might as well go with an HPA AEG mag adapter, either drum, box or hi-cap

Is buying a Army Armament R85A2 a potential move if I want an L85A2 with the Daniel Defence style quad rail without paying through the nose for an ICS/G&G AEG and then sourcing a rail for even more cash?

I'm aware that the R85A2 is crap in terms of reliability and internals quality however they're clones of the G&G L85s so spares should be plentiful and any issues that the gun has can likely be solved and internals upgraded (which I plan to do) for less than the cost of the other base guns.

I can get one from the US for about £200 with the quad DD style rail included. Not bothered about working on it as it's half the fun i've found so far.

Edited by MrTea

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a feeling what the answer will be but here goes. Will a PASGT helmet cover fit a MICH?

• Supporters
8 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

I've got a feeling what the answer will be but here goes. Will a PASGT helmet cover fit a MICH?

I'd say it would. Other way around, maybe not but the brim and nape on a PASGT comes further out/down than a MICH2000. Worth a punt I'd say.

Does anyone know of a shop in the UK who have the fill valve for a GE 870 sawn off? The only shops I can find stocking them are abroad and I don't want to pay over double the price for postage etc. Alternatively if anyone knows of an alternative which fits I'll be very gratefull

Edited by Cannonfodder

On my Army Armament L85, one of the wires going into the tamiya connector is so loose it can be pulled from the connector quite easily. Would it be okay to use a dab of super glue to keep the wire in place?

40 minutes ago, MrTea said:

On my Army Armament L85, one of the wires going into the tamiya connector is so loose it can be pulled from the connector quite easily. Would it be okay to use a dab of super glue to keep the wire in place?

Good time to change to deans?

42 minutes ago, MrTea said:

You could do that. is the pin that connects to the battery nice and tight? 

Don't glue it while gun and bat are connected or you may glue them together lol.

You could always convert to deans?

3 minutes ago, SBoardley said:

Good time to change to deans?

Beat me to it lol

Change to deans or xt, just don't for get that you'll need to change tour battery and charger too.

Thanks for the answers, I plan on changing to deans later down the line when I add a mosfet to the gun but for now I just wanted a quick fix to stop the wire pulling out of the connector.

26 minutes ago, MrTea said:

Thanks for the answers, I plan on changing to deans later down the line when I add a mosfet to the gun but for now I just wanted a quick fix to stop the wire pulling out of the connector.

Probably just taping the two wires together while they are firmly in the plug would be enough to keep you going (assuming the other wire is good). 

The quick fix is to pip it all the way out and lift the two tabs that hold the connector into the outer shell then pop it back in. While it's out you could also close up the tips toget a firmer grip on the parts when the plug is together.

Just got my hands on a chronograph (Acetech AC6000BT). Does it require calibration or does it just work out of the box?

Is calibration even a thing? I can't see anything like that referenced in the manual.

Edited by Herrgh
adding colour

18 minutes ago, Herrgh said:

Just got my hands on a chronograph (Acetech AC6000BT). Does it require calibration or does it just work out of the box?

Is calibration even a thing? I can't see anything like that referenced in the manual.

What would you calibrate it against? ;)

I don't know about 'fancy' chronos, but my cheap-ass little AliBaba-special has no option to do such a thing.   You can expect chrono's to disagree by a few fps, so allow for it to return a few fps lower than a site chrono, just to be safe.

4 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

What would you calibrate it against? ;)

An excellent point. I ask because my last game day I overheard marshals questioning if one of their chrono units was on the fizz, and one of them insisted that he "calibrated all of them tournament standards" (or something like that - my memory is fuzzy on the exact wording).