Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

• Supporters
49 minutes ago, Madhouse said:

Hi, my local store sells ARES RIFs, they look ok and seem to have lots of features but I don't know them as a brand - are they any good?

(not adverse to upgrading stuff but I'd like that to be in 12 months rather than the day I buy it!)

They seem to have a lot of... "opportunities"... https://www.youtube.com/c/NegativeAirsoftTech/search?query=ares

3 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

They seem to have a lot of... "opportunities"... https://www.youtube.com/c/NegativeAirsoftTech/search?query=ares

Hmmm, maybe not then 😂

His videos have already put me off getting a VFC (well I was looking at Umarex but it seems VFC make them) as he's not exactly complimentary about them either. Happy to get my hands dirty and do a bit of servicing and tinkering but if it's going to need work straight out of the box or be a pig to work on then I'll look elsewhere.

Will stick to the brands in the 'what gun to choose' thread, got a Krytac and an ICS on my shortlist so far.

• Supporters
25 minutes ago, Madhouse said:

Will stick to the brands in the 'what gun to choose' thread, got a Krytac and an ICS on my shortlist so far.

So, ICS then.

2 hours ago, Lozart said:

So, ICS then.

Krytac not recommended then 😆

Starting to think I should just ask what is!

That said, I like the look of the ICS CXP MARS S3, the only thing I'm not sure about is a microswitch trigger.

• Supporters
15 hours ago, Madhouse said:

Krytac not recommended then 😆

Starting to think I should just ask what is!

That said, I like the look of the ICS CXP MARS S3, the only thing I'm not sure about is a microswitch trigger.

Krytac had issues with the receiver cracking around the rear body pin plus they have a number of proprietary parts. 

Microswitch triggers per se aren't a problem these days as long as they use a decent quality switch. As the gun you mention has a fancy programmable mosfet in it the microswitch won't be passing big current so it should be fine. Of course, being a proprietary mosfet (ie not an off the shelf unit from someone like Gate or Perun) then replacement options are limited if it goes pop.

• Supporters
On 15/07/2021 at 09:39, Lozart said:

Microswitch triggers per se aren't a problem these days as long as they use a decent quality switch

Who does though?  I mean, airsoft and all.

• Supporters
On 17/07/2021 at 11:36, Rogerborg said:

Who does though?  I mean, airsoft and all.

Good point, well made.

Guest Unstitched
On 15/07/2021 at 09:39, Lozart said:

Krytac had issues with the receiver cracking around the rear body pin plus they have a number of proprietary parts. 

Microswitch triggers per se aren't a problem these days as long as they use a decent quality switch. As the gun you mention has a fancy programmable mosfet in it the microswitch won't be passing big current so it should be fine. Of course, being a proprietary mosfet (ie not an off the shelf unit from someone like Gate or Perun) then replacement options are limited if it goes pop.

They sorted this on the newer versions though, I've had each and every version from the start but never had a receiver crack on me even after falling on ver 1s etc but they are solid internally, admitted some proprietary parts but easy to overcome and have always been strong for me,

Just get what you like the look of really, ive got the mcx and had zero problems on standard internals for over a year, design for wiring etc is abit meh but I can take it apart and put it back together in about 5 minutes now it's personal preference and not being so negative would be against his name 😉 had a tm delta when they first came out and it stripped the piston so 50/50 on any rif you are buying in my personal experience

• 1 month later...

I've heard it said that other manufacturers use pot metal with a higher aluminium content than WE.

How would they know this?. Many Americans seem to think that KJW use better alloys than WE and are generally better products. I have seen no evidence of that. In my view KJW and WE are pretty much the same. WE has made some pistols that are horrors, it is true. But then WE makes far more models than KJW and some of its pistols are pretty good for the price.

Is there any reason to think that VFC and KWA whose products are substantially more expensive, use better pot metal than the others? 

Edited by emilianoksa

On 12/09/2021 at 14:03, safocommander said:

I need identification of this 1921 Thompson Sub-Machine Gun Spring Airsoft? 

IMG_20210912_205608.jpg

IMG_20210912_205622.jpg

IMG_20210912_205633.jpg

Is it shell ejection and does the front end work like a pump action.

42 minutes ago, safocommander said:

Front end pump action. Like the old school marui spring rifles.

Possibly a maruzen/daisy. If you join & post it on my page, Spring-soft there are people who may possibly know for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Do any of you lovely people know anywhere that has mk5 (or smaller) electric detonated maroons in stock? Everywhere I've looked is out of stock

Edit: sorry, I don't know how to do the red text

Edited by Cannonfodder

5 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

Do any of you lovely people know anywhere that has mk5 (or smaller) electric detonated maroons in stock? Everywhere I've looked is out of stock

Edit: sorry, I don't know how to do the red text

https://www.airsoft-milsim-supplies.co.uk/

Ordered exactly that from here on Tuesday, arrived Thursday!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Probably a stupid question but here goes. Would the fire selector screw for a LCT LCK like this https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/lct-lck-series-selector-screw fit an E&L AKS74U? 

30 minutes ago, HardCore_ said:

My brother has a airsoft rifle and has his airsoft weapon license, am i able to use that weapon without being licensed but under his supervision?

Yes, as long as you are at an official airsoft site or your own private land.

The rifle must not be seen by the public.

• Supporters
12 hours ago, HardCore_ said:

My brother has a airsoft rifle and has his airsoft weapon license, am i able to use that weapon without being licensed but under his supervision?

Why do I get the feeling that you're under 18?

Either way, you're fine, with or without supervision.  He can loan or gift it to you without any issue.  Ownership or possession in private has never been an offence and so doesn't need a "licence" (and he doesn't have one).  Possession in public (i.e. you're on your way to or from an insured airsoft site) always needs a "reasonable excuse" (i.e. you're on your way to or from an insured airsoft site).

In practice, what @EDcase said: don't let it be seen, and it won't be an issue.  No larking around in the woods, or climbing on your roof for a photoshoot.

I’ve just bought a CYMA CM.350 (spring pump action) from Bullseye County Sports. I’ve only run 2 shell mags through and it’s stopped working?!? (Using ASG bbs) Pumps gone loose so won’t rack forwards and no trigger pull. Would cold weather affect a spring shottie or have I just got a dud? I need to get on to Bullseye and get replaced?