Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

13 hours ago, Leader Bee said:

I have a slightly squeaky trigger on an FN2000, Am I ok to lube it up with plain on petroleum jelly?

I would tend to stay away from plain jelly.

Strawberry may be better.lol

Sorry couldn't resist.👍

Regards

I’ve got a King Arms 556 shorty that’s firing at 380fps, which is obviously too hot, which spring would I need to buy to bring it to the bottom side of 350fps? If I bought the spring would it be a job I could do myself? (Sorry I don’t know how to get red writing on iPhone)

16 hours ago, JoeR500 said:

I’ve got a King Arms 556 shorty that’s firing at 380fps, which is obviously too hot, which spring would I need to buy to bring it to the bottom side of 350fps? If I bought the spring would it be a job I could do myself? 

- I think an m110 should do it.  Its not an exact science because there are variations between different manufacturers of springs.

- You could also cut a few coils from the one you have but you also have to heat the end red hot to flatten the last coil and then file it smooth.

- If you get a gun that is only slightly over 350 like 360 or so, you can fire on full auto and stop before it completes the firing cycle.  This will keep the spring compressed and leaving it like that for a week or so will reduce the fps.  Just test after a week and repeat if necessary. 

While not as easy as with a quick change spring system, it should be something you can do yourself.  Look for disassembly video on YT

Take your time and maybe take pictures as you disassemble for reference to put it all back.  (The videos should be enough tho)

On 05/08/2020 at 11:57, djben9 said:

quick q

What type of  ' retention holster' fits a TM G17 with torch nicely as i need to upgrade. 

I had an original IMI paddle retention type one as i got it on a deal so was cheaper than the 'clones' but they are tight and i had to file it away to get the G17 to fit.... someone mentioned before getting one to fit a G22 as its slightly bigger and fits the TM 17 better?

what are the We/Nuprol/other brands like fit wise?

It will depemd what torch. 

I picked up an FMA G17L holster and will be trying it out this weekend.  I use a we glock 17 and have fitted a surefire x300 replica. IMG_20200810_173846_032.thumb.jpg.3badcacd2e0441f59440f0213bf0f993.jpg

20200810_172841.thumb.jpg.d97ed5e5fe5a19aba0722a0d686f3c73.jpg

On 10/08/2020 at 22:53, EDcase said:

- I think an m110 should do it.  Its not an exact science because there are variations between different manufacturers of springs.

- You could also cut a few coils from the one you have but you also have to heat the end red hot to flatten the last coil and then file it smooth.

- If you get a gun that is only slightly over 350 like 360 or so, you can fire on full auto and stop before it completes the firing cycle.  This will keep the spring compressed and leaving it like that for a week or so will reduce the fps.  Just test after a week and repeat if necessary. 

While not as easy as with a quick change spring system, it should be something you can do yourself.  Look for disassembly video on YT

Take your time and maybe take pictures as you disassemble for reference to put it all back.  (The videos should be enough tho)

So what spring manufacturer shall I go for? Been looking at Prometheus as they seem to be good quality from the reviews but they are called SP100 etc... will they fit my gun?

5 hours ago, JoeR500 said:

So what spring manufacturer shall I go for? Been looking at Prometheus as they seem to be good quality from the reviews but they are called SP100 etc... will they fit my gun?

The SP and M are a different measurement.

The M is based on a 0.2g BB, so an M100 would give you 100m/s at 1j which = 328fps

The SP is based on a 0.25g BB, so an SP100 would give you 100m/s at 1.25j = 328fps or 367fps on a 0.2g BB

So if going for 350fps on a 0.2g BB you would need an M105 or an SP95 I think, roughly.

• 2 weeks later...

I would think this can be answered without a full thread.

I've got a two tone AEG I used to use, no longer have a need for it. It was a very cheap thing about £100 and after charging the battery it wouldn't fire (so whether that's a dead battery or not I don't know).

So would there be any point in selling this even at a rockbottom price? Or would it just be more sensible to take it to the scrap.

IMG_20200831_170414.jpg

19 hours ago, WalkableBuffalo said:

I would think this can be answered without a full thread.

I've got a two tone AEG I used to use, no longer have a need for it. It was a very cheap thing about £100 and after charging the battery it wouldn't fire (so whether that's a dead battery or not I don't know).

So would there be any point in selling this even at a rockbottom price? Or would it just be more sensible to take it to the scrap.

IMG_20200831_170414.jpg

Change the fuse, check trigger contacts for carbon build up and make sure any connectors are clean. It may yet live again.

(Sorry not sure how to make text blue)

Edited by Nogl
Text not blue

Where can I get a sling that will work with an FN2000? I bought a 2 point sling from Amazon but the clips are too chunky to fit in the sling points near the back end of the gun...and imo the attachment points look flimsy anyway, they look like they could snap after some use given that it's just made of plastic and not metal...

• Supporters
16 minutes ago, Leader Bee said:

Where can I get a sling that will work with an FN2000? I bought a 2 point sling from Amazon but the clips are too chunky to fit in the sling points near the back end of the gun...and imo the attachment points look flimsy anyway, they look like they could snap after some use given that it's just made of plastic and not metal...

You need a sling with a plain end, not a hook. The sling is supposed to wrap around that bar and secure back on itself with a tri-glide.

Tactical Sling FS2000 FS 2000 FN 2000 FN2000 FN2000 Tactical Sling Other  Outdoor Sports

As for slings - what's your budget?

Hadn't thought about a budget, I never thought a sling would have been all that expensive...ideally, wanted to see what was out there and then make a judgement based on that.

Also thinking maybe some buttstock belts with loops on might allow me to use the along I already bought

5 hours ago, jaybeeeeeeeeeeee said:

Hi, 

I was just wondering if anyone here lives in warrington, and where is the best place to go in Warrington? 

Thx

Site list - This is by no means inclusive of every site but it does contain many UK based sites.

Site reviews and feedback. - There are a significant number of topics here covering various sites from up and down the UK. Again, this is by no means a conclusive list of sites but there's certainly useful information in many of these topics.

While others may have specific answers and/or recommendations for your local area, it might be worth considering posting your own introduction thread in the New Players and Arrivals sections. I'd recommend introducing yourself and it may also be worth including the fact that you're looking for sites within x amount of miles of Warrington. If you can provide us with a rough distance you're able and willing to travel then this will potentially improve any feedback.

Finally, I'd strongly advise familiarising yourself with the various stickied topics across the forum which are relevant to yourself such as the New Player Guides and Info

• 3 weeks later...

Quickie before I place an order.

What's the difference between TYPE 1 and TYPE 2 AEG pistons?

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Skara said:

Quickie before I place an order.

What's the difference between TYPE 1 and TYPE 2 AEG pistons?

Number of teeth by the looks of it. Type 2 has the first tooth cut down already.

Any idea where I can fine spare parts for my King Arms 556? The blowback handle broke off last game day and I can’t seem to source one, only in America by the looks of it. 

Gals & Guys,

Im looking for a 36mm scope shade, between 25-35mm long, either with or without flash hider, been Googling all day, haven’t found anything, any body got any clues?

Thanks

• Supporters
14 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Gals & Guys,

Im looking for a 36mm scope shade, between 25-35mm long, either with or without flash hider, been Googling all day, haven’t found anything, any body got any clues?

Thanks

Hawke do some but they're longer. Maybe you could cut one down? https://www.ant-supplies.uk/scope-sight-optic-accessories/hawke-scope-sunshades.html

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm looking to start airsoft. Would you recommend renting equipment, and waiting until I get a UKARA? or going straight out and buying equipment? Also what brands do you recommend? My apologies I'm not very tech savvy so not sure how to change colour, thanks.

5 minutes ago, Garvey said:

14 minutes ago, Garvey said:

Hi, I'm looking to start airsoft. Would you recommend renting equipment, and waiting until I get a UKARA? or going straight out and buying equipment? Also what brands do you recommend? My apologies I'm not very tech savvy so not sure how to change colour, thanks.

Rent first. Don't buy anything until you've played a few times, got a feel for the hobby and a UKARA so you don't have to run around with a bright blue popsicle.

2 hours ago, Garvey said:

As Impulse said, better to rent and get a feel for the game.  This will help you decide what kind of kit you want to buy and with UKARA you'll be able to get a proper looking gat.

Use this down time to read as much as you can.  There are plenty of useful posts on this forum.

• 2 weeks later...

How does one rate "unnamed" springs? With a certain degree of accuracy of course, not just "hard" "soft" lol