The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

2 hours ago, C-Diddy said:

New Coyote Tan set-up starting to take shape. Still a couple of additions/substitutions to go, particularly with the mag pouches, but so far really happy with most of the gear from Warrior. 20210313_203119.thumb.jpg.398b515c7b7dbe632be85d48fd1d22fd.jpg20210313_202719.thumb.jpg.a5703e30a00fe363adbe510ce4bb157c.jpg

Oh I like that setup... very nice indeed! 

Just bought a plain olive tac shirt and a new metal M4 carry handle with top RIS (to replace the flimsy plastic one I currently have) on Amazon. Wife not amused 🤣

2 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Dear god, how many NGRS have you got now? 🤣

Enough for a boy band 🤣

This one I'm not gonna touch.... I mean crack open and do the fully prommy thing... well maybe just a prommy tight bore, prommy purple and a prommy spring guide but that's it.... honest....

• Supporters
1 minute ago, AlphaBear said:

Enough for a boy band 🤣

This one I'm not gonna touch.... I mean crack open and do the fully prommy thing... well maybe just a prommy tight bore, prommy purple and a prommy spring guide but that's it.... honest....

3 months later plugs in battery: "beep beep"

6 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

but that's it.... honest....

It'll be like an itch you can't quite scratch until you've upgraded everything...you know it...😜

*Edit*

@Adolf Hamster Is that your JG AK?

Edited by Speedbird_666

• Supporters
14 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

@Adolf Hamster Is that your JG AK?

nope, wouldn't put that monster pbs4 on there i'm pretty sure it'd actually bend the barrel.

that is a shiny new e&l who's unfortunate life has brought it into my hands where no mercy shall be applied in replacing basically everything.....

Not had a chance to use it in a game yet but could not resit wearing it out for a walk with the dogs in the hills,  the carbon fibre like martial in the cummband is amazing and the fact the shoulder straps are part of the plate bag spread the weight out so much better.  The SPC might look like a JPC but is on another level in comfort when you start adding even light weight to it.  if you have to be a tart and wear plate bags rather than a chest rig, you have to give the SPC a go.

20210306_161213.jpg

1 hour ago, benno996 said:

Got my MC Warrior DCS to use outdoor, absolutely quality bit of kit. Unfinished, needs a few more patches and pouches, but getting there. Was always sceptical about Warrior kit but certainly worth the money, echo the buy cheap buy twice stuff others say. 

E2DFE520-5A4A-4792-85F3-72C48AE49851.jpeg

Totally agree, you can't beat warrior kit.... it's absolutely superb....... 

2 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Totally agree, you can't beat warrior kit.... it's absolutely superb....... 

Echoed. Posted my new Warrior purchases in this thread. Only thing that disappointed me was the additional pistol mag pouches I bought. Got the double DA pouch and found that the retention was nowhere near as good as the elastic 5.56 pouches, and the strap was too short to fasten over the top of my Glock mags, and way short of the M17 mags. Sent them back today and will go with Blue Force Ten Speed instead.

5 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

A few bits for my NGRS and another Ferro Slingster, this one in M81. I hate that fall for such marketing tactics as ‘limited editions’, but I needed a sling for the AKSU and find M81 hard to resist at the best of times.

1A53A6DD-5515-4F3C-8908-275CB86E1475.thumb.jpeg.277dc9d8a3954065206502dab3d16fe3.jpeg

Where did you get the Magpul Stock?  Looking for one myself.  Love that M81 sling...M81 is KING!!!

8 minutes ago, Monkman said:

Where did you get the Magpul Stock?  Looking for one myself.  Love that M81 sling...M81 is KING!!!

North West Custom Parts, I will note that the payment process is a little odd. You add to your cart, complete the order and then do a bank transfer to the chap that runs the shop. I was cautious at first but I've ordered a few stocks from him and they've all arrived in good time.

Edit: For clarity, the stock was from NWCP, the extended buttpad and PTS grip from Firesupport and the sling and magpuls from Tactical Kit.

Edited by alxndrhll

26 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

the extended buttpad and PTS grip from Firesupport and the sling and magpuls from Tactical Kit.

Are you LiPo modding the butt pad for the NGRS?

2 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Are you LiPo modding the butt pad for the NGRS?

Yessir. In the grand scheme of stocks there are ones I definitely prefer over the CTR (BCM Gunfighter and B5 Systems), but it seems hard to beat in terms of a battery solution for the NGRS.

Edited by alxndrhll

8 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

Yessir. In the grand scheme of stocks there are ones I definitely prefer over the CTR, but it seems hard to beat in terms of a battery solution for the NGRS.

Cool Beans. £90 for the genuine kit, a dremel and a bit of spare time is good value compared to Daves Custom Airsoft version - £69 for what is still ultimately a £10 ACM knockoff.

Edited by Speedbird_666

9 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Cool Beans. £90 for the genuine kit, a dremel and a bit of spare time is good value compared to Daves Custom Airsoft version - £69 for what is still ultimately a £10 ACM knockoff.

Truthfully it may well be going of for the folks at Eagle6 to do, I'd rather pay someone with experience of doing it right than potentially bodge it myself and wind up having to source (and foot the bill for) more parts. Also spares me the burden of the rewiring and what not, this is my first AEG in years so as much as I'll be looking to figure out how to do the tech work myself I'm more inclined to do that on RIFs without such a high price tag.

But yeah, these days I'd always go genuine article over repro stuff. Just a personal preference, nothing against folks that opt for the repro kit. One of the biggest fallacies in airsoft is that all repro kit is bad... equally matching that is that all repro kit is good. Very much a case by case basis, but sorting the good from the bad will often wind up costing you as much as it would have to just buy the genuine stuff.

Edited by alxndrhll