Am I the ass hole?

Musica

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Feedback loop  

43 members have voted

1. 1. I am the ass hole?

• Yes
    • No
    • Both

So of all the payment options. You wanted Paypal and got pissy because you didn't want to pay for the protection?

The item has now sold. So i guess he didn't need your money huh?

image.png.30e2d0f394df19b32d3f6c5532d84d8f.png

While to me springing the fees on you was a bit if an arsehole thing to do. However, you could've chosen to simply walk away from the deal but instead decided to act like a spoilt child and create unnecessary drama by first leaving negative feedback then starting this thread. 

All in all both sides are being arseholes but the OP is the bigger one by a long way

8 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

While to me springing the fees on you was a bit if an arsehole thing to do. However, you could've chosen to simply walk away from the deal but instead decided to act like a spoilt child and create unnecessary drama by first leaving negative feedback then starting this thread. 

All in all both sides are being arseholes but the OP is the bigger one by a long way

I get what you are saying, but in over x100 transactions on these forums, this is the only one with an "issue". Like I said, PP is not the only option so I didn't include it, but based on this fucking pile of nonsense it looks like I will on all future posts because of the 0.1%. 

FYI, I am a self confessed arsehole and proud :D 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Musica said:

I don't know why but him mentioning he had another buyer ready to pay didn't sit right with me either.

whilst i can get that it's a potential pressure tactic, it can also be viewed as a case of him letting you know there's competition and if you really want it then make your decision quickly.

it may not be the most diplomatic wording, but i don't really see anything wrong with that. hell i've made mention myself if an item has demand and someone wants to wait a few days before paying, if only to be clear that i deal entirely first come first serve.

• Supporters

Lol, this is definitely an entertaining thread, when I voted I voted both, I still stand by that, both are equally right & wrong in their approach & attitudes 😏

But at the same time there are lessons to be learned that we could all take from this when it comes to buying & selling. 

Personally, on the rare occasions I sell kit, its always "all in", if someone makes an offer, I'll consider it (I'm not Dedsec ffs😜) , & assuming it's a bog standard UK delivery there'll be no extras to be added, lifes too short to quibble over pennies, which is probably why I'll always be poor lol🤣

images (7).jpg

• Head Moderator

Moderator comment

I have removed the feedback.  I think that feedback should only be left when there has been an actual sale.

Jedi comment

Creating a topic to discuss this is fine, no personal attacks, and does give the forum something new to read and offer opinions on.

I do like to know the full cost up front. In this case I would have asked for some free BBs to off-set the PayPal fees ;).

16 minutes ago, Groot said:

So of all the payment options. You wanted Paypal and got pissy because you didn't want to pay for the protection?

The item has now sold. So i guess he didn't need your money huh?

This is your second reply to this post yet you haven't even got the facts straight sir. I never insisted on any payment method it was the seller who asked for it via paypal including fees after I had agreed to pay the £30 for it as advertised. It had shown as sold before I even messaged him saying I would pay £30 so I was surprsied when he got back to me. I then asked him for a paypal invoice at £30 as advertised which isn't an unreasonable request and is recommended by AFUK.

37 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

There is no guidlines on feedback being for completed transactions so I left my constructive feedback on my interaction with the seller. I wasn't insulting or offensive or calling him a scammer or swindler. I have said admins can remove the negative feedback as it does seem to be the consensus here that the feedback should be for completed sales so I am not trying to abuse the system.

I started the thead to give everyone a giggle and if you don't like I'm not forcing you to read it so please avoid calling me names as we are all adults here.

22 minutes ago, Musica said:

This is your second reply to this post yet you haven't even got the facts straight sir. I never insisted on any payment method it was the seller who asked for it via paypal including fees after I had agreed to pay the £30 for it as advertised. It had shown as sold before I even messaged him saying I would pay £30 so I was surprsied when he got back to me. I then asked him for a paypal invoice at £30 as advertised which isn't an unreasonable request and is recommended by AFUK.

You are assuming I care enough about you to do any research and not just find an excuse to troll you and use the Kermit meme?

Never assume. It can make you into the topic of this shitty thread.

Sa Fishing GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Edited by Groot

• Supporters
21 minutes ago, Tank423 said:

All it would take is 30 seconds of your time to avoid situations like this

I'd note that it adds no extra time, since you have to do the calculation anyway.

Same for postage, it tickles my tappet when sellers say "plus postage" without having figured out what it will cost to send it in the way that they want, given that it's their risk. If I demanded that a seller only pay 99p for Del Boy's Pizzas and Shooters Delivery Service who offer zero compensation (to them), I'd be told to do one, right?

tl;dr version: decide how much you want in your pocket.  Find out how much it's going to cost to post it the way you want to send it and add that.  Add PayPal fees.  You'll have to do all this anyway at some point, so why on earth not just do it up front, and list that as the price?

Yes, there are issues like Highland and Islands rates, or matey mates who will be daft happy enough to pay F&F, mate (until they get scammed that way), but I'd cost to the rule rather than the exception.

13 minutes ago, Groot said:

Never assume. It can make you into the topic of this shitty thread.

I'm amazed how many people think this thread is a waste of time yet keep coming back and wasting more of their "precious" time in here 😂.

2 minutes ago, Musica said:

I'm amazed how many people think this thread is a waste of time yet keep coming back and wasting more of their "precious" time in here 😂.

I am highly overpaid, under worked and bored. 

I am also a highly efficient multitasker and this is but one of about 20 tabs open for various projects and time sinks. 

First World IT Problems. 

1 hour ago, Musica said:

I started the thead to give everyone a giggle and if you don't like I'm not forcing you to read it so please avoid calling me names as we are all adults here

You're right that nobody is being forced to read this, but you can't make a tgread like this then get upset when you don't get the replies you want.

I said you're acting like a spoilt child so if you find that insulting you really need to grow a thicker skin, and if you want to be treated like an adult then act like one. 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Groot said:

I am also a highly efficient multitasker and this is but one of about 20 tabs open for various projects and time sinks. 

First World IT Problems. 

Android Studio 2.0 Preview Introduces Instant Run For ...

Ooh, shall we compare ready cash in current accounts, versus the purchase cost that we'll argue over?  This could be a fun derail. :D

2 hours ago, Groot said:

First World IT Problems. 

Ditto man.

1 hour ago, Cannonfodder said:

You're right that nobody is being forced to read this, but you can't make a tgread like this then get upset when you don't get the replies you want.

I said you're acting like a spoilt child so if you find that insulting you really need to grow a thicker skin, and if you want to be treated like an adult then act like one. 

I'm not upset but if you can't be civil then I will just put you on ignore. I made a thread on the internet that lets people vote that I am being an ass hole so I think I have thick enough skin. I have said I went too far leaving the feedback and that I had misunderstood the system yet you are insisting I am not acting like an adult i.e again calling me a child. Jedi already mentioned there shouldn't be any personal attacks I assume he means against any one.

48 minutes ago, Skullchewer said:

If you start a thread inferring that someone else is an asshole you can't really get on a high horse about name calling.

I am not inferring that Quango2k is an ass hole and have never said anything bad about them and have only asked people to judge the situation. I put a spicy internet title on the thread but have never gone out of my way to attack or defame them. The pole has an option that either says I am an ass hole, I am not or both of us are(which still implicates me).

I had this option this morning of sending a ticket to the admins or giving everyone a spectacle and given the discussion some folk have enjoyed some light drama. However if people just start flinging shit at each other the admins won't let the show go on and name calling is how the avalanche starts.

• Supporters

So it was just clickbait ?, lol I guess it worked🤣

1 minute ago, Musica said:

I am not inferring that Quango2k is an ass hole and have never said anything bad about them and have only asked people to judge the situation. I put a spicy internet title on the thread but have never gone out of my way to attack or defame them.

Now you're just talking bollocks.

"I am not inferring that Quango2k is an ass hole"

By the poll alone you did so, and you know you did.

"have never gone out of my way to attack or defame them. "

What's this thread then? 

You're trying to act like this is all an innocent misunderstanding, and getting salty because the poll/thread clearly hasn't gone the way you hoped.

It is clearly inferred by the thread, poll, and the feedback you left that you believe the seller to be the asshole in the situation.

I'd call it quits here, you think you're arguing your way out of it but you're just embarrassing yourself.

Go ahead and put me on ignore if it makes you feel better.

6 minutes ago, Skullchewer said:

Now you're just talking bollocks.

"I am not inferring that Quango2k is an ass hole"

By the poll alone you did so, and you know you did.

"have never gone out of my way to attack or defame them. "

What's this thread then? 

You're trying to act like this is all an innocent misunderstanding, and getting salty because the poll/thread clearly hasn't gone the way you hoped.

It is clearly inferred by the thread, poll, and the feedback you left that you believe the seller to be the asshole in the situation.

I'd call it quits here, you think you're arguing your way out of it but you're just embarrassing yourself.

Go ahead and put me on ignore if it makes you feel better.

This is your opinion and just like ass holes everybody has one pal. I'm done arguing with you.

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, Musica said:

I'm done arguing with you.

What you mean is, your not prepared to accept an opinion that differs from your own, even though Skullchewers is 100% valid

5 minutes ago, Tackle said:

What you mean is, your not prepared to accept an opinion that differs from your own, even though Skullchewers is 100% valid

I just don't see the point in expending the energy when I know I didn't create the thread to try to attack the seller. I have now on multiple occasions admitted fault for using the feedback system the way I did. I have just asked people to keep it civil in the discussion. I do not consider the seller to be an ass hole but I do believe his advertisement and selling practices are not upfront and that is my opinion. When he returned feedback to me I thought why bother going to the admins privately when I can give the forum some chuckles at our expense. 

There has been opinions on both sides but I do see a theme that I should of just walked away from the sale when I wasn't happy with it.

6 minutes ago, SBoardley said:

Can I please change my vote?

Not up to me sorry.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.