Playing Pew Pew like a kid when I'm 51...

Daddy Foote

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi and welcome to the madhouse young un' 🙂

51? You are in your best years. Experience,stamina and a good vocabulary of swear words all well suited for airsoft lol.

Been in the building trade nearly all my life and I have found that helps me keep relatively fit although I'm carrying a bit extra now.

Well done for striking out and haven't taking up a new hobby. It's gonna cost ya though!

Cqb can be brutal but you learn to wear thicker clothes 😆 

Have a go at some woodland games if you can. More walking and bigger areas to cover but a slightly more relaxed pace and plenty of new tricks to learn.

I just take things at a speed that's comfortable for me.....slow! Lol

Remember softly softly catchee monkey.

If it becomes a pain or a chore then stop doing what you are doing and try a different approach.

Above all remember you are paying so enjoy 😉 

Good luck and call your hits 🙂

Regards 

27 minutes ago, strykerles said:

advice for CQB, check your corners and be prepared to swear when you get shot to the pinky finger 😂

also welcome :)

I learnt on my second go that wearing fingerless gloves can make you dance...

25 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Lets just say you aren't the oldest 😉

CQB tends to be quite a bit higher energy than woodland games so try one of those too if you get a chance

Planning on woodland games when it gets a bit warmer and I have some kit together. 

Just now, Daddy Foote said:

I learnt on my second go that wearing fingerless gloves can make you dance...

Planning on woodland games when it gets a bit warmer and I have some kit together. 

I took a tri shot to the hand with gloves on and i think  i did the macarena

21 minutes ago, strykerles said:

I took a tri shot to the hand with gloves on and i think  i did the macarena

Feel ya pain buddy 😒

Why the fuck do they hurt so much??

10 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Feel ya pain buddy 😒

Why the fuck do they hurt so much??

close range+3 bbs+pinky+snap firing =

Edited by strykerles

Proper knee pads make playing as an "oldie" so much easier, I'm 50 this year and they've been a God send, I can hide in low down places and take sneaky shot while others run around collecting boxes and flipping barrels 😁 (proper ones though from, like from Alta)

Hi @Daddy Foote 👋

Welcome to the forum, full of advice and like minded players! 🔫🤪👍

Glad you are enjoying it and continue to do so!

I have a channel and few videos that may be of interest, especially fitness related? 🤔

CQB tips…. Watch John Wick franchise and take notes! 😂👍

💷GAMBLE💷

12 minutes ago, GAMBLE said:

Hi @Daddy Foote 👋

Welcome to the forum, full of advice and like minded players! 🔫🤪👍

Glad you are enjoying it and continue to do so!

I have a channel and few videos that may be of interest, especially fitness related? 🤔

CQB tips…. Watch John Wick franchise and take notes! 😂👍

💷GAMBLE💷

Sorry fella I was distracted.

😔

Regards 

2 hours ago, Fatboy40 said:

Proper knee pads make playing as an "oldie" so much easier, I'm 50 this year and they've been a God send, I can hide in low down places and take sneaky shot while others run around collecting boxes and flipping barrels 😁 (proper ones though from, like from Alta)

Second that!  I've just spent an hour searching for mine because I absolutely could not face the idea of playing tomorrow without them

Found em, spray painted them (I'm spray painting anything these days).  Happy bunny. (55 yrs old soon)

Welcome to the madness. I'm not quite your age, but I've been playing for years and still ache in places I forgot I had for a couple of days after a game day (it's not the age but the mileage). One good thing about airsoft is that you can play at whatever pace you prefer, let the kids jacked up on monster do the running around if you want

Plenty of 50+ players I know and I intend to myself when I get there. Cqb it's all about always keeping  your gun up and slicing the pie right. You'll find videos on that. I always like to take corners low then if I have contact and have to take cover when I try turn it again I'll vary the hight at which I take my shots so the enemy can't hold a point of aim. Once you are out slicing the pie and aiming on an enemy and they have taken cover stay out but change your hight but stay out and aimed where they originally popped out(usually standing) they will more than likely pop out in the same spot and a lot will present you something to shoot before they can even take a shot. Watch your shadows don't show you up, sometimes you will just have to to advance but it's good to be aware of it and ready. If you have a torch or laser only use it when it's essential . If you are sneaking in the pitch black and you really need it put your hand over it and limit the light if you need to see your footing. Move quietly no rattly kit like hicaps. Good face pro. Grenades are very handy.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, ak2m4 said:

So many of us here around similar age

Reporting for duty.

And yup to all of the above.  Pad the bony bits.  Stay alive until Aliens motion trackers go retail.

I prefer the intensity and up-close-and-personalnessness of CQB, but woodland makes for an interesting (and literal) change of pace.  It's all good, and an excuse to blow the kids' inheritance on different costumes and toys that you don't really need.

On 29/01/2022 at 00:13, Cannonfodder said:

Welcome to the madness. I'm not quite your age, but I've been playing for years and still ache in places I forgot I had for a couple of days after a game day (it's not the age but the mileage). One good thing about airsoft is that you can play at whatever pace you prefer, let the kids jacked up on monster do the running around if you want

The first time I played it was madness. The last game I was a lot slower and thinking more. Got hit a lot less and probably got the same amount of kills.

Hi @Daddy Foote 👋

Glad you enjoyed it despite the pain!

Numbers can vary during the day, it’s a good workout and if you survive the entire day, I consider that a win! 🤕🥵👍

Here’s a link to my channel! 🔫😎👍

💷GAMBLE💷

https://youtube.com/channel/UCL-V_yVApaCpm096XBAQE1A

Getting shot in the finger is the worst thing in the world

(Literally - I have been shot elsewhere with less pain than one in the finger)

I dislike the loss of touch when using gloves, but would use fingerless gloves for some hand protection, and also full finger gloves but cut down in spots.

In recent years I’ve developed Raynauds in one finger, which has been attributed to a nerve injury.  (Probably when I was shot as a photographer)

So now I don’t intend to be on field without a full finger at least on that hand. I’m likely to be wearing one full glove and one fingerless glove

• Supporters
On 28/01/2022 at 16:44, Daddy Foote said:

My first post here, and Yes, you read that right. 51 years of age and I have only just crawled out from under my rock and discovered Airsoft - well about a month ago. Turns out my partner's son has been doing it for years...

So, while still full of festive cheer (booze) I agreed to have a go. So I went for a game of CQB in The Mill in Wigan on the 30th December and....I'm hooked. I loved it. My body didn't like it like though. Legs felt like rubber and struggled to climb stairs for 3 days. Lol. And my body looked like it had chicken pox that turned into 19 multicoloured bruises over the next day or so.
Well I am 51 and 1.5 stone over weight... Which is one of the reasons why I went, to get a bit fitter...
After changing my job from an active plumber and builder I got an office job 6 months ago for a software company and piled on the weight. Struggling to put your shoes on, being late for work 'cos the shirt you just ironed was too tight (true story) I had to start doing something and what can be more fun that running around like a 9 year old playing Pew Pew???
I've had a few goes now, all at the same place. Learning the CQB site so I can focus on improving my skills, what little I have. I must be getting better though as only 2 bruises after the last skirmish. With improved skill and a bit more experience, next week I'm off to another CQB venue to play Pew Pew
Wish me luck!!!

Ps. Any advice on how to improve my CQB game?

I’ve just turned 55 , couple of team mates are 56, 55 and 52 so you’ve got plenty ahead of you ! 😉

so welcome to the bottomless money pit that is AIRSOFT ! 🤦‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the sport. I'm a newcomer my self though a little younger at 33. My first game was in October. Received my UKARA and own my own now. Had it out on 2 game days so far. I was hooked from the first 10 minutes. Glad you have found something new to and active to get stuck into. Sounds like you having a whale of a time. 

On 07/02/2022 at 16:19, Druid799 said:

so welcome to the bottomless money pit that is AIRSOFT ! 🤦‍♂️

Not wrong there only 4 months in with 5 sessions under my belt and already spent over 1300 on equipment 😂 best slow down a but but love all my kit.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.