What's happened to Zeroin Forums?

kiblets

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

10 hours ago, rj1986 said:

I remember the xmas i got this

Tiger-Afterburner.jpg

Wow 👌 

1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

Was a joint birthday/Christmas/Easter present from the parents , my mum even had to sell her body to help raise the money(no not that way bunch of perverts) for medical research , it was so kind of her do it but I never did get used to her with green skin and a third eye in the middle of her forehead ! 😳

😅😅

• Supporters
On 04/12/2021 at 00:41, Enid_Puceflange said:

I’ve still got one of these sitting in the cupboard 

In perfect working order too 😂

Dug it out during lockdown 1.0 

240BFF44-310C-4A72-8A9D-78EA79638FA8.jpeg.12b9ccac5a4ec458cff9c2d8c304a16c.jpeg

On 04/12/2021 at 13:39, RostokMcSpoons said:

I was so posh I had this...

image.png.6ea719fef46e361bad5776cadde7f56b.png

Yours on eBay "in pristine condition" for the bargain price of £600 !!!  (plus £15 p&p!)

(That's not me trying to bag that ridiculous amount for it by the way, it's just one of the first things I saw when searching for a pic)

8 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

@rj1986 That was definitely cool.  I don't think I ever saw one in action, I'll be searching YT for it :)
It also puts me in mind of the rather older "Flight Deck"...
image.png.0f364f1110958901d1321663ff7c63d4.png

image.png.4652e8d7ebb6a1f421a6ef7ea2e12af0.png

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/27342/flight-deck

I can't remember if I got it for birthday or Xmas, but I do know that 
a) It was a brilliant idea    
b) the long lengths of fishing line that suspended the plane got tangled up in 0.07 nanoseconds and it never worked again. 

I still had fun with the model plane and the flight controls, but I bet my dad was pissed off that I wrecked it before he got a go :D

I must have been a right spoilt Cnut, I had all 3 (not at the same time), flight deck definitely was my favourite of the 3, although I also remember having a helicopter game that a chopper flew in circles on a weighted rod, & you had to pick up & deliver payloads, anybody remember that one ?

I vaguely do, but not even my rich cousin had that!

He had Ricochet which was my most favourite thing ever

Slightly more related to pew-pewing, I really wanted Tin Pan Alley. I didn't get that, I ended up with two proper air rifles and eventually a .22 rimfire target rifle.  So swings and roundabouts 😋

On 03/12/2021 at 21:44, Rogerborg said:

Wait... is everyone here a 1980s 8-bit nerd?  😮

I started on a GlaDOS system with the integral mobile power source.

image.png.3a8207f9d3cb5df5597440c04d106b19.png

Friday night rules, here's a cover of Poker Face performed on piano, guitar, ukulele, table-thump, and stylophone, entirely conceived, played, sung, filmed and edited by one teenager with a potato-cam.

Pokerface was definatly what i needed after today, thank you.

3 hours ago, Tackle said:

I also remember having a helicopter game that a chopper flew in circles on a weighted rod, & you had to pick up & deliver payloads, anybody remember that one ?

Yup, I had that

I cannot remember for the life of me what it was called 

I was hooked with BigTrak & Starbird around that time too 🤦🏻‍♂️

Edited by Enid_Puceflange

I had a Johnny Seven gun.

Wow I could have taken on the street! 😀 up until the point I ran out of plastic missiles and grenades that is lol 

Boxed ones now are fetching £300

1 hour ago, Shamal said:

I had a Johnny Seven gun.

Wow I could have taken on the street! 😀 up until the point I ran out of plastic missiles and grenades that is lol 

Boxed ones now are fetching £300

Awww that's cool.  And reminded me of my toy gun collection... 

• A Mauser 98-style rifle with a working bolt and dummy cartridges that it could eject.   That was so cool that when I started to outgrow it I cut off the butt plate and made a wooden extension for it.
  • An SLR that fired little grey plastic bullets (Airfix again!  Mine was all black but here's the wooden stock version, surprisingly realistic looking https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFye5s3qrlc)
  • I pestered my dad into making me a Sten and an Mp40 too.  As he was good at woodwork and DIY they came out very well
  • Three plastic kit replica pistols from either Tamiya or LS, they were 1:1 scale... I had a .25 ACP auto, a Python .357 Magnum and a P38.  All with dummy bullets and working actions.  They must have been quite sturdy as I can't remember them breaking to the point I couldn't glue them back together.

Blimey, what goes around comes around... regressing back to childhood... well over 50 years old and playing with toy guns again :)

• Supporters
14 hours ago, Tackle said:

also remember having a helicopter game that a chopper flew in circles on a weighted rod, & you had to pick up & deliver payloads, anybody remember that one

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VertiBird

Vtg 1971 Mattel Vertibird Flying Helicopter Copter Toy ...

9 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

• A Mauser 98-style rifle with a working bolt and dummy cartridges that it could eject.   That was so cool that when I started to outgrow it I cut off the butt plate and made a wooden extension for it.
  • An SLR that fired little grey plastic bullets (Airfix again!  Mine was all black but here's the wooden stock version, surprisingly realistic looking https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFye5s3qrlc)
  • I pestered my dad into making me a Sten and an Mp40 too.  As he was good at woodwork and DIY they came out very well
  • Three plastic kit replica pistols from either Tamiya or LS, they were 1:1 scale... I had a .25 ACP auto, a Python .357 Magnum and a P38.  All with dummy bullets and working actions.  They must have been quite sturdy as I can't remember them breaking to the point I couldn't glue them back together.

Blimey, what goes around comes around... regressing back to childhood... well over 50 years old and playing with toy guns again :)

Haha ain't that the truth.

I'll take your slr cause I had one as well but I will raise you a 'Man from Uncle' hard briefcase. It had a knife that ejected from the side when secret button was pressed and the whole case unfolded into a rifle. There was also a radio inside.

I thought I was proper cool walking Down high street with it. Lol. I was only about seven.

Regards 👍

I'll take your slr cause I had one as well but I will raise you a 'Man from Uncle' hard briefcase. It had a knife that ejected from the side when secret button was pressed and the whole case unfolded into a rifle. There was also a radio inside.

I thought I was proper cool walking Down high street with it. Lol. I was only about seven.

Regards 👍

14 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Guys, when it comes to retro toys, you know Shamal's always gonna have us beat, I'm not saying he's old but his first bike was a penny farthing ffs 😜

Cheeky fucker!! 😅😅

Actually it was a Raleigh with rod brakes and a fixed sprocket. Going downhill you had to take your feet off the pedals other wise you would be going up and down like a jockey on Angel dust lol

2 minutes ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

The toy dog that always looked like it needed putting down...

Haha that's great. He walks like me lol 

I made a terrible boo-boo... I said 'Ricochet' when I should have said 'Crossfire'

51VZf3UTLcL._AC_SX466_.jpg.c9c53712678172059fcabd6375e33a75.jpg

*That* is the greatest thing ever.

Will you ever forgive me???

• Supporters

Back on track for a mo, is this the longest that zins been down for ?, I was in the middle of a deal & we hadn't exchanged contact details yet. 

Doh🤬

1 hour ago, Tackle said:

Back on track for a mo, is this the longest that zins been down for ?, I was in the middle of a deal & we hadn't exchanged contact details yet. 

Doh🤬

Ha!

Karma is a bastard mate huh! 😂🤣😂🤌

😘

• Supporters
26 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Ha!

Karma is a bastard mate huh! 😂🤣😂🤌

😘

LOL, I got that one, I was just sitting here caressing it and thinking of you 😘

• 1 month later...
  • Supporters

It's down again, prob my fault, I mentioned Afuk on there earlier, prob sent them in to meltdown

tenor.gif

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.