What Have You Learned About Airsoft Recently?

Cr0-Magnon

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

36 minutes ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

I’ll take my hot drinks advice from 2 better captians from ST.

You can’t get any better advice for any & everything from beverages to pulling any creature of the female type than taking the advice from

James T. Kirk !!!

*supplemental : I always thought/like to think the T was “Tupper” I was kinda disappointed when I learnt it was Tiberius :P 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, MiK said:

You can’t get any better advice for any & everything from beverages to pulling any creature of the female type than taking the advice from

James T. Kirk !!!

*supplemental : I always thought/like to think the T was “Tupper” I was kinda disappointed when I learnt it was Tiberius :P 

watch them both singing

then tell me kirk is better......

• Supporters
37 minutes ago, Fatboy40 said:

There's nothing wrong with William Shatner "singing" Rocketman, he knocked it out of the park with his sophisticated cigarette smoking style.

I love his version of "CYMA owners".

1 hour ago, Fatboy40 said:

There's nothing wrong with William Shatner "singing" Rocketman, he knocked it out of the park with his sophisticated cigarette smoking style.

hell yea funny clip that but what would have happened to the ladies in the audience if they all decided to stop singing and went full J-T-K on them ??!!

2 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Can i just put forward this thought:

We're on an airsoft forum arguing which star trek captain was the best. We have acheived peak nerd.....

Yes i know i started it.....

FFS @Adolf Hamster The last few months we have argued over worse/more stupid things so it’s kinda on par atm and imho feels quite “normal”

1, Sisco

3, Picard

Have yet to see a thread desend into a D&D topic so i despute 'peak' nerd

Edited by Jaylordofwaargh
Additions

• Supporters

What have I learned about airsoft ? I have learned (though I think we all already know this) airsofters are like the proverbial ’dog with a bone’ when it comes to topics that’ll set em off on a good moan or rant , no matter how long ago it was the subject matter and discussion had run their course they will just NOT let go of it . The problems with TaiwanGun thread for example is a classic demonstration ?

Think it’s safe to say we ALL know there ps an above average chance if you buy from abroad the boarder agency/DHL/Parcelfarce/etc are going to bend you over the table and nail you from behind AND not even have the good manners to offer a reach around ! BUT we still moan and bitch about it ! 🤦‍♂️😁

• Supporters
48 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

What have I learned about airsoft ? I have learned (though I think we all already know this) airsofters are like the proverbial ’dog with a bone’ when it comes to topics that’ll set em off on a good moan or rant , no matter how long ago it was the subject matter and discussion had run their course they will just NOT let go of it . The problems with TaiwanGun thread for example is a classic demonstration ?

Think it’s safe to say we ALL know there ps an above average chance if you buy from abroad the boarder agency/DHL/Parcelfarce/etc are going to bend you over the table and nail you from behind AND not even have the good manners to offer a reach around ! BUT we still moan and bitch about it ! 🤦‍♂️😁

this is a uk airsoft forum, with a majority uk based membership, and you have to remember moaning about things is a time honoured British institution.....

8 hours ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

1, Sisco

3, Picard

Have yet to see a thread desend into a D&D topic so i despute 'peak' nerd

God!! don’t get me started, the amount of Friday nights, all day Saturday, all day Sunday & Monday evenings I did with my mates playing AD&D in the 80’s not forgetting the amount of junk food and beer consumed was crazy - it kinda got a little silly but by fuck was fun at the time 8 of us playing D&D and getting beered up!

When TSR started to remove things like the melnibonian section in deity’s & demigods manual (‘copyright issue I think) and in later stages of 2nd edition demons from the monster manual in that stupid loose leaf “monstrous compendium” and silly classes started to appear we slowly drifted away as it felt a different game to us all.

I still have my character sheet from my favourite two chars and the painted figures in one of attic boxes :)

/nerdreminiscingover

Edited by MiK

5 hours ago, MiK said:

God!! don’t get me started, the amount of Friday nights, all day Saturday, all day Sunday & Monday evenings I did with my mates playing AD&D in the 80’s not forgetting the amount of junk food and beer consumed was crazy - it kinda got a little silly but by fuck was fun at the time 8 of us playing D&D and getting beefed up!

When TSR started to remove things like the melnibonian section in deity’s & demigods manual (‘copyright issue I think) and in later stages of 2nd edition demons from the monster manual in that stupid loose leaf “monstrous compendium” and silly classes started to appear we slowly drifted away as it felt a different game to us all.

I still have my character sheet from my favourite two chars and the painted figures in one of attic boxes :)

/nerdreminiscingover

• Supporters
14 hours ago, Tommikka said:

If singing Trekkers is a bit much, perhaps it’s time for an instrumental

https://youtu.be/pDlZLsJJkVA

8 hours ago, MiK said:

God!! don’t get me started, the amount of Friday nights, all day Saturday, all day Sunday & Monday evenings I did with my mates playing AD&D in the 80’s not forgetting the amount of junk food and beer consumed was crazy - it kinda got a little silly but by fuck was fun at the time 8 of us playing D&D and getting beered up!

/nerdreminiscingover

This seems particularly relevant at the minute:

6180391_460s_v1.jpg.e1037d3a10bb3cb2a462168328c959b2.jpg

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Stratton Oakmont said:

playing AD&D in the 80’

Oh, you played Advanced D&D?  The one where elf and dwarf were races rather than classes?  Fancy pants.

Dragging things back to star trek and singing, how come nobody's posted these classics? 

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

it's true though, all it takes is 2 football fans in an open office.......

If it's anything like our place it always goes like this:

Bossman "You watch the match last night then?"

Me "No, I don't like football"

Bossman "But it was an England match!"

Me "But I don't like football"

Bossman "Yeah, but you have to watch England matches! EVERYONE watches England matches"

Me "But I don't like football, you know this. I tell you this EVERY time you ask if I watched the match last night"

Bossman "...so did you see that save in the second half?"

Me *frenzied rage killing playing out in my head* "No. I don't like football"

• Supporters
Just now, Lozart said:

If it's anything like our place it always goes like this:

Sounds about right.

When you get 2 of them nattering on about how such and such is being offered the megabucks to join some other team but they think such and such is past it cos he's too old and so and so would be a better pick but its not transfer season yet and the 5th league wickets are stacked against the team that everyone normally thinks should win because they've kicked more home runs than anyone else in the past 5 years but that was all due to such and such who's practically a demigod of the ball handling but not any more apparently.

And then the building burned to the ground......

47 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Oh, you played Advanced D&D?  The one where elf and dwarf were races rather than classes?  Fancy pants.

Say whut ??

• Supporters
3 hours ago, MiK said:

Say whut ??

In Dungeons and Dragons, before all this Advanced frippery, "elf" and "dwarf" were character classes - only humans could choose their class.  They assumed that all non-human X or Y acted exactly identically, just as we might say "All HPA users are over-shooting, chrono-cheating spam-buckets".

Aaaaahhhhh now I got ya - I thought they had change the game that much :P

I think the race thing was the original version, dunno tho as I never played it 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

They assumed that all non-human X or Y acted exactly identically, just as we might say "All HPA users are over-shooting, chrono-cheating spam-buckets".

So....Orcs then.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.