Whats's Your Weakness?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

23 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

... in a slinky red dress?

Hah, that reminds me Lucifer Season 5 starts tonight!  Weakness!

Amen to that...!

Oh red heels too. But let’s not go off tangent her. Else this will become like Macks. That reminds me I need to start S1 of Lucifer. I hear it’s very good. 

1 hour ago, Cannonfodder said:

Personally I prefer redheads

Don’t get me started lol. Redheads are pure mental. Well the one I knew was!

• Supporters
32 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

... in a slinky red dress?

Hah, that reminds me Lucifer Season 5 starts tonight!  Weakness!

Tomorrow night. Soz.

Anxiety for me. I used to live in the Midlands and play regularly with a group of friends which took the sting out of awkward social interactions (which were made awkward by me and my silly brain). Since moving up North I rock up on my lonesome and find it hard to enjoy the social side of the game, COVID has definitely made that much more difficult... lunch time tends to be a lonely affair. That's assume I pass the first trial of actually booking a game, especially if it's a site I haven't been to before. Not to mention having some weird guilt everytime I actually shoot some one, probably doesn't exactly go hand in hand with my hobby of choice!

Same carries over to game play, I'm pretty quiet and sheepish though I am slowly moving over to a more long range style of play which seems to be a better match for my personality and the early signs are that I enjoy it much more than trying to force myself within a hair width of a panic attack. Fortunately I've met some great folks up here, and while I don't have a group of friends to go with the general attitude of players helps take a bit of the edge off. Getting there... slowly.

I also fall into the trap of 'fixing' things which aren't broken. Lockdown was awful for that one in particular. So flawed, send help 😂.

48 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

Bastard you got me excited then. Tbf I need to watch umbrella academy season 2 first

S2 of Umbrella is pretty good. It goes deeper into each of the characters and the storyline is pretty good too. That’s all I’ll say. 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Oh red heels too. But let’s not go off tangent here.

Eh, weakness thread, and Tricia Helfer is one of mine.  "Tall leggy blonde in a slinky red dress" is a Town Called Eureka shout out reference to Tricia Helfer in Battlestar Galactica, who later goes on to guest star in Lucifer.

On topic, phwoar, lads, check out the trigger discipline on that. And yes, she does it again in Lucifer, I (genuinely) couldn't take my eyes off her finger for the whole scene, Mrs Borg was quite concerned about me dribbling over Tricia's strict discipline.

File:BSGS4E21 111.jpgFile:KWS1E02 02.jpg

That reminds me I need to start S1 of Lucifer. I hear it’s very good. 

Oh yes, it's ace. Seasons 1 to 3 on Amazon Prime, then it got cruelly cancelled, but the Lucifans got it resurrected on Netflix where it's got even better.

They've had a hard time pitching it, as it's "Mismatched buddy-cop partnership: she's the hot but serious detective trying to make it in a man's world, he's literally Satan". It's not a full on comedy, or a cop procedural, or a dark fantasy piece, but there's parts of each of them in there.

It's superbly cast and written, hits the ground running at a hundred miles an hour, and the key point is that it's brazenly, wickedly joyous.  Even my cynical 17 year old lad who sets out to hate anything that I like just on principle was sniggering and snorting half way through the first episode and admitting that I might be on to something here.

Don’t get me started lol. Redheads are pure mental. Well the one I knew was!

Redheads, strippers, anyone named Tiffany...

1 hour ago, Lozart said:

Tomorrow night. Soz.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU..

I can make it, I can make it.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Eh, weakness thread, and Tricia Helfer is one of mine.  "Tall leggy blonde in a slinky red dress" is a Town Called Eureka shout out reference to Tricia Helfer in Battlestar Galactica, who later goes on to guest star in Lucifer.

On topic, phwoar, lads, check out the trigger discipline on that. And yes, she does it again in Lucifer, I (genuinely) couldn't take my eyes off her finger for the whole scene, Mrs Borg was quite concerned about me dribbling over Tricia's strict discipline.

File:BSGS4E21 111.jpgFile:KWS1E02 02.jpg

Oh yes, it's ace. Seasons 1 to 3 on Amazon Prime, then it got cruelly cancelled, but the Lucifans got it resurrected on Netflix where it's got even better.

They've had a hard time pitching it, as it's "Mismatched buddy-cop partnership: she's the hot but serious detective trying to make it in a man's world, he's literally Satan". It's not a full on comedy, or a cop procedural, or a dark fantasy piece, but there's parts of each of them in there.

It's superbly cast and written, hits the ground running at a hundred miles an hour, and the key point is that it's brazenly, wickedly joyous.  Even my cynical 17 year old lad who sets out to hate anything that I like just on principle was sniggering and snorting half way through the first episode and admitting that I might be on to something here.

Redheads, strippers, anyone named Tiffany...

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU..

I can make it, I can make it.

THANK YOU! I knew I recognised her from somewhere. Tbf it's been a long time since I watch BSG and I was definitely too young when I did. I may have to borrow the box set off my dad

• Supporters
15 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

THANK YOU! I knew I recognised her from somewhere. Tbf it's been a long time since I watch BSG and I was definitely too young when I did. I may have to borrow the box set off my dad

it was on prime a while back, might still be.

• Supporters

Carbs...

Oh you're serious... Hesitation then. Coming from a real steel background, where Im working 30 weeks out of the year training guys who are going overseas and such; we really have to drill the proper procedures of combat into them, and as an extension ourselves. As such its really easy to slip into a "real life" mode while airsofting, especially at big MilSims. In airsoft, you mess up you get pinged. IRL, you mess up your whole team dies. So when Im doing my best to teach these guys how to acquire targets, how to know when to move, etc I subconsciously fall into those practices, when none of that matters in airsoft haha. The amount of times Ive been low on ammo, whip out the handgun and hold a corner for 15 minutes waiting for people then smack myself going "no, rush the buggars itll be fun" annoys me looking back at the break. Doesnt really happen in weekend games, but those multi-hour long MilSims... Just send it and have fun.

Trying to tell my girlfriend I'm going to Airsoft when she wants to spend time with me😂

• Supporters
14 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Neil Gaimans magic touch strikes again! Not sure how much involvement he's had with the actual series (he gets a writing credit but, y'know) but Tom Ellis being cast in the lead was a masterstroke.

Testament to the power of a rabid fanbase and social media though.

• Supporters
15 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

THANK YOU! I knew I recognised [Tricia Helfer] from somewhere. Tbf it's been a long time since I watch BSG and I was definitely too young when I did. I may have to borrow the box set off my dad

And I really do mean it about her notable trigger discipline, highlighted by those long, slender but strong model fingers of hers.  Mmmm, model fingers.

Consider that any extended gun scene is likely to be composed of several shots or retakes, and that discipline and continuity is largely down to the actor involved no matter how much they've been coached. It's a joy to watch her give such good solid grip and stern fingering.  Oh, I'm off again...

53 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

And I really do mean it about her notable trigger discipline, highlighted by those long, slender but strong model fingers of hers.  Mmmm, model fingers.

Consider that any extended gun scene is likely to be composed of several shots or retakes, and that discipline and continuity is largely down to the actor involved no matter how much they've been coached. It's a joy to watch her give such good solid grip and stern fingering.  Oh, I'm off again...

Do... do you need some time to yourself?

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Maybe she's a seasoned real steel shooter herself, not exactly unheard of, my sis is in KC/Mo, she & my niece have stacks of guns & carry daily.......

(Cue Rog heading to the bathroom again lol)

• Supporters
25 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Maybe she's a seasoned real steel shooter herself

I wouldn't be surprised, she's a mucky rural Canadian farmgirl and they do actually have guns there for rampaging gang of mooses and such.

Also, she and her fellow Battlestar alumni Katee Sackhoff are keen bikers, and there does seem to be a fair amount of crossover, as we've seen on here with the "How carry on bike?" threads.

tricia-and-katee.jpg

(Cue Rog heading to the bathroom again lol)

Gets my motor running and no mistake.

• Supporters

Lol, Only thing hotter than a girl with a gun is a girl on a bike🤤

Put them both together.......

unnamed (2).jpg

I guess my main weakness is anxiety as well (unless I go airsofting, I have no troubles going to a skirm by myself, most of you airsoft types are allright.)

Airsoft related: the trigger. 😅

Took my new toy out last Sunday, easily went through over 7.500bb's I think.

Guess I should try to stick to semi auto a bit more, rather than 3 round burst. Maybe also leave the drum mag in the safety zone and stick to 5 midcaps (note to self: buy more midcaps)

13 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

4c84qo.jpg

Were they calling their hits though?

🤔 lol

Regards

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Were they calling their hits though?

🤔 lol

Regards

according to the complaints about the m1 carbine having an insufficiently lethal round i suspect there might have been some creative use of game mechanics.

either that or usgi's aren't as good at shooting as they think they are....

4 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

ther that or usgi's aren't as good at shooting as they think they are....

Gun Jesus suggested the same thing about the G36 being melty and inaccurate 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.