THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

This buffer kit for an a2 style solid stock / long tube 

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/gp-marui-gbb-mws-aluminum-a2-buffer

this tube for a PRS style stock or A2 solid 

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/gp-gbb-roller-bolt-with-marui-mws-buffer-tube-long-version

this one for UBR style stock 

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/gp-gbb-roller-bolt-with-marui-mws-buffer-tube-short-version

this is a standard 6 pos stock tube 

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/gp-gbb-roller-bolt-with-marui-mws-gbb-5-position-buffer-tube-set

Edited by JimFromHorsham
Tidied

9 hours ago, Snippy said:

Long ones for long stocks like an m16 stock. Also be careful with G&P buffer tubes as newer batches are meant for their own receivers, real steel threading. Best to get a 6position from angry gun.

Thank you for your answer. 

Does that mean that these buffer tubes will not fit the original receiver at all?

8 hours ago, JimFromHorsham said:

So if they actually fit (see above post (G&P receiver vs TM receiver)), https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/gp-gbb-roller-bolt-with-marui-mws-buffer-tube-short-version this would be the correct one for TM MTR16 and my original stock would fit (?) 

But, the original buffer spring will fit without modification in the new buffer tube?

Thank you for your answers.

Edited by ThatNordicGuy

32 minutes ago, ThatNordicGuy said:

Thank you for your answer. 

Does that mean that these buffer tubes will not fit the original receiver at all?

So if they actually fit (see above post (G&P receiver vs TM receiver)), https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/gp-gbb-roller-bolt-with-marui-mws-buffer-tube-short-version this would be the correct one for TM MTR16 and my original stock would fit (?) 

But, the original buffer spring will fit without modification in the new buffer tube?

Thank you for your answers.

I can not find any reference to being a G&P lower specific part (but things change and sometimes retailers forget to update the listing description ) .
the best thing to do is contact who you will be buying from in advance , if that’s firesupport then Frank should be able to give you all the information you need for fitting and if there is anything else you need that isn’t included in the kits .

1 hour ago, Fearlessfoo said:

Does anyone have experience with the AngryGun complete MPA nozzle set (drop in)?

the loading/feeding part of my nozzle has bent somehow, so this seemed a good replacement as it has NPAS function too.

thanks!

I use these on WE m4s. They seem stable and work. Just be cautious of over tightening the npas, as the locking prongs ( the bars that hold the npas in position) can bend and snap. If they do bend you can still adjust it , but need to poke something in the underside, to hold it in place like the ra tech npas. Just be gentle and it will serve you well. 

3 hours ago, Fearlessfoo said:

Does anyone have experience with the AngryGun complete MPA nozzle set (drop in)?

the loading/feeding part of my nozzle has bent somehow, so this seemed a good replacement as it has NPAS function too.

thanks!

Dave told me off last time I mentioned my AG drop in nozzle, but the one I've got is holding up ok currently (approx 2k rounds in). I should add though, once I can find somewhere with either the TM or the GM in stock, I'll be swapping over.

1 hour ago, Davegolf said:

No AngryGun or Nuprol parts in MWS's please 😖

I totally agree on the Nuprol bit..... I do have one of those AG adjustable nozzles though...🙈 Remember all the fun I had when testing it and sticking up that FPS photo on how hot it was :D

10 minutes ago, MalcyFett said:

Dave told me off last time I mentioned my AG drop in nozzle, but the one I've got is holding up ok currently (approx 2k rounds in). I should add though, once I can find somewhere with either the TM or the GM in stock, I'll be swapping over.

Off topic...Great profile pic bro! Is that you?

3 hours ago, Fearlessfoo said:

thanks!

To be honest the AG npas nozzle ain’t that bad. I mean it’s not great either. The only thing you have to worry about it the screw valve thingy Bob from ejecting itself loose into the barrel. We have heard stories of it happening to a few people. Nothing that a dab of thread lock won’t fix. Now how durable the AG nozzle is is open to debate. We did have some guys on here who swore by it and said it worked well for their setup. I confess i have one myself as I buggered up the Marui nozzle after NuprolGate and needed a nozzle ASAP. I used it to only plink squirrels in the garden but then managed to grab a Marui nozzle. It’s there as a back up though in case I need it. 

1 hour ago, AlphaBear said:

Off topic...Great profile pic bro! Is that you?

Yes buddy. I used to be in the 501st Legion before Covid. Not really gotten back to in since though. Gotta love those Star Wars load outs though eh? 😉

Guest Mr. No_Face
5 hours ago, Fearlessfoo said:

thanks!

I have one currently installed but not of my own volition.  It was the only one readily available in stock, I'm talking +25 models in stock  and that can't be a good sign. 😆

But hey it's working at least....for now.

1 hour ago, MalcyFett said:

Yes buddy. I used to be in the 501st Legion before Covid. Not really gotten back to in since though. Gotta love those Star Wars load outs though eh? 😉

Drop me a PM. That’s me in my profile pic too. ;) 

7 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Drop me a PM. That’s me in my profile pic too. ;) 

🎵Love is in the air🎵😍😍.

😉

Regards

Has anyone used and got experience with lightweight bolt carriers? I’ve read this whole article and there seems to be very little info. I’m particularly interested in the G&P aluminium bolt as I want a quicker cycle speed.

Quality lightweight bolts are fine and will do just that, it’s been a while since I personally tried any up to date ones, the UAC one was good and I think the G&P one is but check with other actual users first.

Combine it with a HSB for the fastest cycle time, great on semi if your finger is fast enough!

Guys,

looking for some opinions on this and apologises if this has been mentioned before but trawling through this thread there is a lot of stuff to filter.

contemplating putting in a longer barrel in my MWS mk18 so 250mm upgraded inner in it at the moment and looking at going for 14” inner and hiding the the excess in a suppressor.

now it’s 350fps below am I going to get much benefit (range) from the 100 or so extra mm with the longer barrel, is it really worth it? Granted cheapish to do and can do it myself no problem.

Page 238.

Well done for using to measurement types in on sentence 🙈

Adding barrel length only increases fps on GBBR.

If you fit a longer barrel you will need an Npas to keep below 350.

If you want range it’s nub swap and heavier ammo

Thinking of doing the green gas mod to my Gen 2 mags. At the moment a stock Gen 2 takes about 10g to 13g of gas according to my measurements. That’s enough for about circa 65 rounds. Pretty poor in the big scheme of things. And remember the FPS will diminish with each pull of the trigger. So the more kid who’s has you have the better the FPS consistency should be. Well that’s the theory.  Now my understanding, correct me if I’m wrong is that the options we have are either removing the the ‘grey metal’ fill tube completely (probably difficult in a Gen 2 as I hear it’s glued now) or chopping the fill tube as close to the brass nozzle valve or cutting it a certain length so that there is a gas reservoir left so the overfill valve can function correctly. Personally I’m thinking of leaving the fill tube so it’s the same length as the inner valve so I think that about 3-4cm. Thoughts appreciated gentlemen. 

19 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Thinking of doing the green gas mod to my Gen 2 mags. At the moment a stock Gen 2 takes about 10g to 13g of gas according to my measurements. That’s enough for about circa 65 rounds. Pretty poor in the big scheme of things. And remember the FPS will diminish with each pull of the trigger. So the more kid who’s has you have the better the FPS consistency should be. Well that’s the theory.  Now my understanding, correct me if I’m wrong is that the options we have are either removing the the ‘grey metal’ fill tube completely (probably difficult in a Gen 2 as I hear it’s glued now) or chopping the fill tube as close to the brass nozzle valve or cutting it a certain length so that there is a gas reservoir left so the overfill valve can function correctly. Personally I’m thinking of leaving the fill tube so it’s the same length as the inner valve so I think that about 3-4cm. Thoughts appreciated gentlemen. 

That's strange I can get around 20g of gas into mine. I have 7 mags and fill the first for 4 seconds then the next right through each mag then back to the first. After around 3x 4 second fills for each I'll leave them a minute or two and then do the same again and I can get around 20g in each that way. Never felt the need to mod them.

Have you tried the “tilt” method? I saw it on Ollie talks Airsoft’s YouTube, initially thought I’d was a load of balls but it actually works a treat.

2 hours ago, Khyber said:

That's strange I can get around 20g of gas into mine. I have 7 mags and fill the first for 4 seconds then the next right through each mag then back to the first. After around 3x 4 second fills for each I'll leave them a minute or two and then do the same again and I can get around 20g in each that way. Never felt the need to mod them.

Interesting. Maybe it’s the plastic nozzle on the Abbey can that’s causing the issue. I’ll have another go and see what transpires. 

1 hour ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

Have you tried the “tilt” method? I saw it on Ollie talks Airsoft’s YouTube, initially thought I’d was a load of balls but it actually works a treat.

I tried the tilt method and also thought the same. I’ll have a go and report back in a bit.