THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

On 25/04/2022 at 01:19, SSPKali said:

Guarder

Now replaced all gas routers and two of the mags are well below the others on fps (230-235 vs 243-253)

Need to try the two spare routers I have to see if that brings them all in line. I don’t mind a few FPS difference between mags but 25fps is a bit much and might make chronoing tricky! (Make sure I use the “faster” mags!)

Make sure those gas routes do not sit taller than the TM ones as the will put strain on the nozzle, this and QC variances will be why you have higher and or varying FPS.

11 hours ago, Davegolf said:

Make sure those gas routes do not sit taller than the TM ones as the will put strain on the nozzle, this and QC variances will be why you have higher and or varying FPS.

Replaced the two lower ones and all at the same fps now.

Old ones were pretty worn (5+ years use and a couple had small rips in them) Bolt slides smoothly over them with no hang-up and cycles and loads ok.

Compared to mag #7 (purchased last year and only used a couple of times) the Guarder are the same size…just not as knackered as the other 6 mags worth!

hi hoping i can get any help with this .really appreciate your time.

recently bought a replica mk16 rail for my mws,no name brand not angry gun or hao (however read many reviews that it fits perfectly)

so with the pts barrel adapter rip, it blocked the threads on the reciever threads and the mk16s barrel nut is super loose on the reciever.

PLUS the outer barrel slips out from the reciever even with the mk16 barrel nut in place. the barrel is super tight and locked in with the stock barell nut.

would be very thankful on figuring out how to get the rail on secure ,maybe just needs some o rings to space it out?

3 hours ago, SSPKali said:

Replaced the two lower ones and all at the same fps now.

Old ones were pretty worn (5+ years use and a couple had small rips in them) Bolt slides smoothly over them with no hang-up and cycles and loads ok.

Compared to mag #7 (purchased last year and only used a couple of times) the Guarder are the same size…just not as knackered as the other 6 mags worth!

Nice to know the Guarder routes are good to go 👍

1 hour ago, irishspartan26 said:

recently bought a replica mk16 rail for my mws,no name brand not angry gun or hao (however read many reviews that it fits perfectly)

so with the pts barrel adapter rip, it blocked the threads on the reciever threads and the mk16s barrel nut is super loose on the reciever.

PLUS the outer barrel slips out from the reciever even with the mk16 barrel nut in place. the barrel is super tight and locked in with the stock barell nut.

would be very thankful on figuring out how to get the rail on secure ,maybe just needs some o rings to space it out?

Any chance of some pics to help show and identify your issue?

So I just got my MWS yesterday and I'm already giddy planning the build I'm going to do with it. It looks like it would, but just wanted to confirm that a Magpul CTR stock will fit? It looks like it should from what I've seen.

My initial build isn't going to be too adventurous, but I want to throw real-steel shooting stuff at it where possible as it's going to be my go-to carbine for when I'm not sniping and I love my real-steel stuff. Anyone got any suggestions for real-steel pistol grips that feel nice? The stock pistol grip just doesn't feel good to me. I was thinking of a Magpul MOE or a K2, though the Hogue grips look pretty nice too.

Happy to be part of the MWS club :D

The Magpul stocks will fit, CTR provides the best lockup with no wobble.

As for grips it’s personal preference, Magpul, hogue, ergo or the BCM grip is great ( I have one for sale 🙃 ) but I’ve recently swapped to a reptilia as I have girly hands.

17 minutes ago, Impulse said:

So I just got my MWS yesterday and I'm already giddy planning the build I'm going to do with it. It looks like it would, but just wanted to confirm that a Magpul CTR stock will fit? It looks like it should from what I've seen.

My initial build isn't going to be too adventurous, but I want to throw real-steel shooting stuff at it where possible as it's going to be my go-to carbine for when I'm not sniping and I love my real-steel stuff. Anyone got any suggestions for real-steel pistol grips that feel nice? The stock pistol grip just doesn't feel good to me. I was thinking of a Magpul MOE or a K2, though the Hogue grips look pretty nice too.

Yeah I like the rs goodies too.

Pictured are the Strike Industries multi angle grip and the a Strike Industries dust cover.

The cover installed fine. But needed some trimming to be able to close. If you plan to keep it open constantly, you dont need to do anything to it.

20220430_093542.jpg

20220430_093547.jpg

Edited by MAX DICKER

Hey guys. PDW stocks. Really fancy the Troy style one but G&P seem to have discontinued it.

What other options are there that work well. Seen the B.A.D. one that RWA are offering. Tempted by the 5KU but I recall 5KU not being the best on build standards/quality.

Ideally I want a semi drop in option that won't stop the bolt locking back etc

Afternoon all. Hoping someone can shed a little light on buffer tube compatibility.

Basically, I have a standard MWS receiver and I'm looking to fit the HAO Colt Canada tube as part of my L119A2 build and I've been informed that the HAO version is real spec threading. 

I've read some articles stating that the MWS receiver is close enough to milspec that real steel tubes will mostly fit with no work, but I've also read that people have had to re-thread the receiver to fit real spec tubes.

Basically looking to see if anyone has actually tried to fit the HAO Colt Canada tube to a standard MWS receiver, and if so, how did it work out? 

Thanks in advance.

5 hours ago, Impulse said:

The CTR stocks fit very well...

20210603_224612.thumb.jpg.17925c89676a8581ee1e6901e9dd17be.jpg

...as do Magpul pistol grips (use the TM bolt though)...

20210927_185645.thumb.jpg.9f8e0476177efc7fd21b283b29679e34.jpg

...and with a small amount of filing, Magpul trigger guards

20210619_194501.thumb.jpg.31e3bf719ddc74ca02593a6ab08653a1.jpg

Thinking about buying a PDW stock but I’m not sure if this will fit to the MWS.

https://www.wingtactical.com/firearm-parts/ar-15-parts/stocks-accessories/strike-industries-pdw-stock/

It seems to be a practical stock, not cheap but pretty solid from the videos I’ve seen in YouTube. Sold in the US though, not sure if it’s possible to export it to the UK.

3 hours ago, werkzeug said:

https://www.wingtactical.com/firearm-parts/ar-15-parts/stocks-accessories/strike-industries-pdw-stock/

It seems to be a practical stock, not cheap but pretty solid from the videos I’ve seen in YouTube. Sold in the US though, not sure if it’s possible to export it to the UK.

Although it's currently out of stock, your best bet is to order from a UK retailer like Brownells.

https://www.brownells.co.uk/VIPER-PDW-STOCK-1

Never had any problems with these guys personally. I do however usually mention in the order comments that any parts bought there are used for airsoft....Just in case.

Might want to check with other members regarding compatibility as I doubt the buffer tube that come with this will fit, but the stock itself should be fine.

Edited by CoCost

4 hours ago, werkzeug said:

G&P make that exact stock specifically for the MWS platform.

Doesn't appear to be in stock in the UK, but Google 'G&P Viper PDW stock' and plenty of results will come up in and around Hong Kong, but then if you're willing to try and ship genuine firearm parts from the states (Something that most US companies WON'T do due to regulations, apart from Brownells as mentioned above), then it'll be much cheaper and easier to get one shipped in from MLE Mart or somewhere similar.

Also regarding Brownells, I've used them repeatedly in the past with no issues, however I ordered an Ergo grip from them almost 2 weeks ago, in stock and ready to ship from the states as they drop ship UK orders in, and its not even been shipped yet, last update was 'Viewed' and that was the day I placed the order. No response to emails either.

Hopefully that helps save you some cash and some of the headache.

All the best.

Edited by BADGERF1ST
Correcting typo's

On 28/04/2022 at 22:40, irishspartan26 said:

Try a different adaptor ring.

I tried fitting an angry gun Mk16 rail over a stock barrel with a PTS ring. The ring was slightly too big and the barrel nut wouldn’t grip the receiver. Changed the PTS zone for a RA Tech one and it worked fine

9 hours ago, werkzeug said:

https://www.evike.com/products/30856/

Its a licensed replica so the export wont be an issue. Might have to enquire as to when it'll be back in stock. 

Hey all, I've decided to go down the DMR route with my MWS, it currently has the 14inch outer barrel with the standard 250mm inner.

Ive just crooned it at 315 FPS on a .2 BB.

Having a read through would I be right in assuming that a longer barrel will get me near DMR territory or is this grossly over estimated? 

I am running the stock hop chamber but with a Maple leaf bucking & nub, accuracy is brilliant though it seems hop can be somewhat inconsistent every now and then. Ive seen the first factory strike arm, will this help stabilise the effectiveness of the hop or should I be looking at a new chamber?

Thanks

17 hours ago, AngryDad223 said:

Hey all, I've decided to go down the DMR route with my MWS, it currently has the 14inch outer barrel with the standard 250mm inner.

Ive just crooned it at 315 FPS on a .2 BB.

Having a read through would I be right in assuming that a longer barrel will get me near DMR territory or is this grossly over estimated? 

I am running the stock hop chamber but with a Maple leaf bucking & nub, accuracy is brilliant though it seems hop can be somewhat inconsistent every now and then. Ive seen the first factory strike arm, will this help stabilise the effectiveness of the hop or should I be looking at a new chamber?

Thanks

A longer barrel will increase your FPS... there is a lot of info in this thread where it's been talked about.... Of course change your stock nub for either a SixG brass nub or the laylax strike arm (which I happen to have a spare one laying around lol) but seriously both work well... However, it's likely things like your nozzle spring may fatigue out more quickly so be prepared to swap that out at some time... One other thing, where I play any DMR has to be locked to SEMI.... Let us know what FPS you get out of your setup when you do it...

On 01/05/2022 at 12:21, BADGERF1ST said:

G&P make that exact stock specifically for the MWS platform.

Doesn't appear to be in stock in the UK, but Google 'G&P Viper PDW stock' and plenty of results will come up in and around Hong Kong, but then if you're willing to try and ship genuine firearm parts from the states (Something that most US companies WON'T do due to regulations, apart from Brownells as mentioned above), then it'll be much cheaper and easier to get one shipped in from MLE Mart or somewhere similar.

Also regarding Brownells, I've used them repeatedly in the past with no issues, however I ordered an Ergo grip from them almost 2 weeks ago, in stock and ready to ship from the states as they drop ship UK orders in, and its not even been shipped yet, last update was 'Viewed' and that was the day I placed the order. No response to emails either.

Hopefully that helps save you some cash and some of the headache.

All the best.

I’m literally astounded by how replica production for every sort of thing in Airsoft has evolved over years. Picking a real steel stock without knowing whether it fits to the MWS platform, there is a replica version of it.

Insane guys, thanks for the help.