THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

@Davegolfagree about the sticky for the info. I copied and pasted it into a document when I first got my MWS and it's frequently referenced.

Having followed your advice I bought some TechT lube but, being pretty much a numpty, I'm still unsure of where to use it.

I'm more used to stripping and maintaining RS rifles but that was basically douse everything in PX24 and reassemble 🤣

Haven't used Parker Hale as I have some Abbey oil (not silicone) that I figure is good enough for the metal on metal?

5 hours ago, Davegolf said:

Theres only 2 in the BCG, and its only the big piston O ring that needs doing daily.

Literally a 3 minute job.

Just done it.... using the pink stuff... she's well lubed now fellas :)

Took more than 3 mins... that damn spring lol 

3 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Minature flat head screwdriver for the win ;)

Don't judge me I used eye brow tweezers :D

Oh the Parker Hale gun oil comes in a 125ml size yes?

Edited by AlphaBear

MWS is pretty much steady state now. G&P NPAS seems a better fit than the usual RATech black and the Inforce WML is a nice ergonomic light.

Recent purchase (from nwcustomparts) is an Ergo grip Tactical Deluxe Chonky Boi 3000 (or something, IDK) 

If you have big hands and find regular grips too small and trigger pull length a little short I would take a look at these. Hefty palm swell and subtle finger grooves makes sure that your hand is “indexed” without the grip forcing you to hold it in one way only. PTS ERG for scale (you) vs the grip she told you not to worry about 😂

1D188466-6A87-48AB-801F-47214E48200C.jpeg

7 hours ago, airfish said:

But It's so ugly 🤣

Function > form

Guest Mr. No_Face
13 hours ago, airfish said:

But It's so ugly 🤣

Yeah...gotta admit that thing is super ugly and so is the fire selector btw.

The pistol grip probably feels a lot better than the stock one though.

Edited by Mr. No_Face

Guest Mr. No_Face

Anyone know where I can get a Nozzle spring set that's in stock? Literally just finished installing the DP reinforced nozzle and after 3 shots mag erupts and destroys nozzle extractor spring.

EDIT: Scratch that, after closer inspection it looks like I'll be needing a whole new nozzle. 

thumbnail_IMG_5989.jpg.5fbbaf0c542c25ce5f01948cd5dc24df.jpg

Hooks that hold the nozzle extractor in place have been sheared off. Ladies and gentleman the "Reinforced Nozzle"... 

No. it's a shitty hollow piece of plastic repackaged and rebranded

Edited by Mr. No_Face

29 minutes ago, Mr. No_Face said:

Anyone know where I can get a Nozzle spring set that's in stock? Literally just finished installing the DP reinforced nozzle and after 3 shots mag erupts and destroys nozzle extractor spring.

Could try here

https://www.sixmm.com/products/dynamic-precision-enhanced-nozzle-spring-set-for-tokyo-marui-m4a1-mwsblk

Not sure on postage. Call Fire Support too, see if they're expecting a restock

Guest Mr. No_Face
34 minutes ago, C-Diddy said:

Could try here

https://www.sixmm.com/products/dynamic-precision-enhanced-nozzle-spring-set-for-tokyo-marui-m4a1-mwsblk

Not sure on postage. Call Fire Support too, see if they're expecting a restock

I just edited my previous post, Looks like I'll be needing a brand new "reinforced nozzle" because the "reinforced nozzle" just broke.

7 Ways to Stop Throwing Money Down the Drain | Inc.com

Edited by Mr. No_Face

1 hour ago, Mr. No_Face said:

I just edited my previous post, Looks like I'll be needing a brand new "reinforced nozzle" because the "reinforced nozzle" just broke.

7 Ways to Stop Throwing Money Down the Drain | Inc.com

I thought I had bad luck when I got mine, losing the hop click spring then busting the nozzle return spring, but I think you've got me beat 😆

I always say Impulse 101 but I'm not sure that they can do UK deliveries atm. Get a bunch of stock alerts set up and buy a couple of everything! Good luck with it dude 

You can try the HK retailers too. Just google MWS parts and you will see a few pop up. Use the Marui part number as your search. Don’t laugh but bang bang airsoft is another HK retailer that has a good load of MWS gear. Like @C-Diddy impulse101 is my go to for MWS parts. 

Had the same thing happen to me with my MWS, after 500 rounds the nozzle broke. I couldn't find anything to replace it with at the time apart from Angry Gun (I know the QC of AG is a bit dodgy, but at the time there was no alternative stock).

I'm 2000 rounds into the AG drop in reinforced nozzle, and "so far" it's working a treat. Maybe worth a go if the other ones keep busting?

2 hours ago, Mr. No_Face said:

EDIT: Scratch that, after closer inspection it looks like I'll be needing a whole new nozzle. 

thumbnail_IMG_5989.jpg.5fbbaf0c542c25ce5f01948cd5dc24df.jpg

Hooks that hold the nozzle extractor in place have been sheared off. Ladies and gentleman the "Reinforced Nozzle"... 

No. it's a shitty hollow piece of plastic repackaged and rebranded

I would still not recommend an AG nozzle, don’t confuse people - the fact of the matter is your mag exploded, if any nozzle other than an aluminium crashed into that it’s get destroyed 🙂

Edited by Davegolf

I had an older DP nozzle self destruct, this was an older shiny (and brittle) plastic. Newer ones seem more of a matt finish and currently out living the previous one.

I would look to grab 2 or 3 TM ones from FireSupport / Eagle6 / JKarmy who ever has them in stock. Happy hunting.

WTF? Exploding mag?!

Edited by SSPKali

Guest Mr. No_Face
1 hour ago, MalcyFett said:

Had the same thing happen to me with my MWS, after 500 rounds the nozzle broke. I couldn't find anything to replace it with at the time apart from Angry Gun (I know the QC of AG is a bit dodgy, but at the time there was no alternative stock).

I'm 2000 rounds into the AG drop in reinforced nozzle, and "so far" it's working a treat. Maybe worth a go if the other ones keep busting?

2000 rounds in is still very early to be content. I won't be surprised if the nozzle is reaching it's final days. I've heard stories of angry gun components being shoddy but the TM internals are no different, Just as cheap and trash imo. So using the AG one shouldn't be too much different from the stock ones. The "reinforced nozzle" was no different from the TM one they even weighed the same. 

26 minutes ago, SSPKali said:

I had an older DP nozzle self destruct, this was an older shiny (and brittle) plastic. Newer ones seem more of a matt finish and currently out living the previous one.

I would look to grab 2 or 3 TM ones from FireSupport / Eagle6 / JKarmy who ever has them in stock. Happy hunting.

The fact that I have to do that urks me. Is this platform really worth the hassle after already forking out 500 pounds for it? Is it even really that good or is it mostly hype?

1 hour ago, C-Diddy said:

I thought I had bad luck when I got mine, losing the hop click spring then busting the nozzle return spring, but I think you've got me beat 😆

I always say Impulse 101 but I'm not sure that they can do UK deliveries atm. Get a bunch of stock alerts set up and buy a couple of everything! Good luck with it dude 

Yeah. it's starting to get to that point where I don't think I can see myself in possession of this rif for too much longer. Come to think of it. It's actually not surprising that you can always find one on a used airsoft site, second hand with a billion upgrades.

Edited by Mr. No_Face

2 hours ago, Mr. No_Face said:

2000 rounds in is still very early to be content. I won't be surprised if the nozzle is reaching it's final days. I've heard stories of angry gun components being shoddy but the TM internals are no different, Just as cheap and trash imo. So using the AG one shouldn't be too much different from the stock ones. The "reinforced nozzle" was no different from the TM one they even weighed the same. 

The fact that I have to do that urks me. Is this platform really worth the hassle after already forking out 500 pounds for it? Is it even really that good or is it mostly hype?

Yeah. it's starting to get to that point where I don't think I can see myself in possession of this rif for too much longer. Come to think of it. It's actually not surprising that you can always find one on a used airsoft site, second hand with a billion upgrades.

Don't get too disheartened. Airsoft is one of those hobbies where, sadly, the odds of our new toys lasting long before something goes pop is never more than 50/50, even with AEGs.

The biggest pain in the arse right now is the lack of available parts, for whatever reason. I liken us having GBBRs to people who tinker with  classic/vintage cars or motorbikes; you know they require more maintenance, parts and overall TLC, but fuck me when they perform they are so satisfying. 

Well most people know my story about my nozzle. But for those new folk on here mine buggered up big Roger style only because I stupidly used Nuprol bbs which shattered in the chamber and then there was a train wreck of bbs which ended up distorting the lip of the nozzle. Long story short I bought an AG npas nozzle which if I’m being honest I can’t fault. However I’m back to using my TM nozzles and so far so good. 

Nozzles, nozzle springs, gas and BBs are all consumables in the MWS world. As C-Diddy says treat it as a classic car / high performance car and accept a level of tinkering, with what is ultimately a toy.

At the end of the day there is less to go wrong and when it does it is easier to fix than an AEG with the bonus that some POS Lipo isn’t going to self-immolate at a random point 😂

I'm loving that analogy. I totally relate to that. Like i mentioned about this sunday, mine started to jam as I forgot to clean and regrease it after my last game. My fault. But now have done all that, man, the BCG slides like butter. It's unfortunate you are having such a hard time, but think of it this way... you have now learned several new things on fixing your MWS that you don't have to pay a tech to do. You will be proficient at fixing in no time :)

Edited by Khyber