THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

10 minutes ago, Mr. No_Face said:

Just look at the break points. The 2nd break looks as if it was cut with the precision of a scalpel. So that's 3 gas vents and 3 breaks simultaneously.

thumbnail_IMG_5990.jpg.11f4717c0f50b62c1f802e464a0a449e.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5992.jpg.0c4e247f50555283e598a7943e25ad8b.jpg

Now unless firesupport have sold me a "Beijing Marui" made from the finest Chinesium on the market, I'd say that the plastic components are total bollocks.

GAS.thumb.png.20973519df72dd2a2abe9a831e297f48.png

I've tested with these 3 and got 3 vents leading to more damage. I'm going try the actual "Tokyo marui" recommended low pressure gas from here on out.

each with a new nozzle? Or the same one?

Its VERY likely you’ve damaged something seriously using the V8, and now the gun won’t work.

Have you inspected all of the internal and external components for damage?

Guest Mr. No_Face
6 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

each with a new nozzle? Or the same one?

Both the TM and alleged "DP reinforced nozzle" which actually turned out to be the same piece of plastic trash - rebranded and sold for an extortionate price.

Edited by Mr. No_Face

How well does the bolt cycle? Smooth, sticky or feel like there’s resistance?

Like the previous page, take that charging handle out and try it with the original.

Just now, Mr. No_Face said:

Both the TM and alleged "DP reinforced nozzle" which actually turned out to be the same piece plastic trash - rebranded and sold for an extortionate price.

Sorry, that’s not clear. Did you use the same components to test the lower pressure gas after the V8, or did you replace everything that broke?

And have you inspected the whole gun for damage?

I get that you’re p****d off, but up until now, the only issues anybody in this thread, or anywhere else that I have  ever read about, or talked to, is the nozzle return spring breaking through fatigue.

Hard as it is to stomach, it is VERY likely you’ve broken something or more than one something using the V8 gas.

It could be something straightforward like the gas release valves in the mags now allowing far to much pressure into the gun, or something way more serious like scored internal components, or actually cracked components.

All of that will put pressure on standard components and cause them to break again, and again, and again.

Sorry dude, but it’s not the gun, it’s something you’ve done, and until you realise that and put it right, you’re not going to fix the problem 

5 minutes ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

Like the previous page, take that charging handle out and try it with the original.

@Mr. No_Face You said it was umodified 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

28 minutes ago, Mr. No_Face said:

Just look at the break points. The 2nd break looks as if it was cut with the precision of a scalpel. So that's 3 gas vents and 3 breaks simultaneously.

thumbnail_IMG_5990.jpg.11f4717c0f50b62c1f802e464a0a449e.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5992.jpg.0c4e247f50555283e598a7943e25ad8b.jpg

Now unless firesupport have sold me a "Beijing Marui" made from the finest Chinesium on the market, I'd say that the plastic components are total bollocks.

GAS.thumb.png.20973519df72dd2a2abe9a831e297f48.png

I've tested with these 3 and got 3 vents leading to more damage. I'm going try the actual "Tokyo marui" recommended low pressure gas from here on out.

Looking at your breakage, it is right behind the rocket valve, this is significant, it means a shot was was fired, the rocket valve closed on BB exiting the barrel, next the bolt SHOULD travel back and turn off/reset the valve knocker turning off the gas supply, THIS CLEARLY HASNT HAPPENED - your bolt has not moved back for whatever reason, so the nozzle has been blown up - magazines are not made of nozzle plastic becasue they are not intended to store the full pressure of the gas, just transport it.

I would wager the problem is in your BCG/upper recevier somewhere.

PS IMHO the only decent upgrade nozzle is the Guns Modify grey.

But really the standard nozzle (and all internals) are capable of withstanding all airsoft gas types provided you have the correct buffer spring and a HSB installe dto handle the cycle speeds.

You know in films you always see guy repeatidly racking and working the action dry, same thing with a GBB, everything has to move fluidly otherwise you just have a gas bomb :D

Guest Mr. No_Face
15 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Sorry dud

@Mr. No_Face You said it was umodified 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

Can you explain in detail how placing a charging handle into this rig (a swap out job) could possibly impact the system like this? I'm all ears. 

7 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Looking at your breakage, it is right behind the rocket valve, this is significant, it means a shot was was fired, the rocket valve closed on BB exiting the barrel, next the bolt SHOULD travel back and turn off/reset the valve knocker turning off the gas supply, THIS CLEARLY HASNT HAPPENED - your bolt has not moved back for whatever reason, so the nozzle has been blown up - magazines are not made of nozzle plastic becasue they are not intended to store the full pressure of the gas, just transport it.

I would wager the problem is in your BCG/upper recevier somewhere.

PS IMHO the only decent upgrade nozzle is the Guns Modify grey.

But really the standard nozzle (and all internals) are capable of withstanding all airsoft gas types provided you have the correct buffer spring and a HSB installe dto handle the cycle speeds.

The rocket valve is exposed literally because it was cut down from each gas vent. Bit by bit from right to left. The parts were sheared off leaving it exposed. Can the rocket valve still be the initial reason for the gas vents even when that wasn't the initial site of the damage?

If the charging handle causes the BCG to bind what i described above will happen.

The nozzle looks to have sheared around the larger diameter portion of the nozzle (behind the rocket valve)

Regardless trying to hypothesize something that happened in a nano second is a waste of time really.

Put the gun COMPLETELY back to stock, fit a complete new TM or GM nozzle.

Check everything moves and functions independently as it should.

Half fill a mag with weak sauce gas and test it.

13 minutes ago, Mr. No_Face said:

an you explain in detail how placing a charging handle into this rig (a swap out job) could possibly impact the system like this? I'm all ears

Exactly what @Davegolf, and everybody else has said.

Put it back to standard. Test it properly after a thorough check

Bite the bullet and admit you’ve messed up something or you’ll never get it fixed.

Personal growth is  wonderful thing

Guest Mr. No_Face

12 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

If the charging handle causes the BCG to bind what i described above will happen.

The nozzle looks to have sheared around the larger diameter portion of the nozzle (behind the rocket valve)

Regardless trying to hypothesize something that happened in a nano second is a waste of time really.

Put the gun COMPLETELY back to stock, fit a complete new TM or GM nozzle.

Check everything moves and functions independently as it should.

Half fill a mag with weak sauce gas and test it.

I'm gonna do exactly what you said, bite the bullet and buy yet another nozzle. Spend more money on gas (this time low pressured) and revert this completely back to stock basically (reinstall the stock charging handle.)

If this does not work. You guys will be able to find a new TM MWS GBBR in the adverts section of this forum.

3 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Exactly what @Davegolf, and everybody else has said.

Put it back to standard. Test it properly after a thorough check

Bite the bullet and admit you’ve messed up something or you’ll never get it fixed.

Personal growth is  wonderful thing

How does "admitting I messed up" change the outcome of this situation? My only complaint has always been about the delicate internals being dissected with every gas blast. Yes I still think the internals are shite and am still in utter disbelief that a 500 pound gun's internals could be sheared away like nothing, regardless of the cause of the problem

"magazines are not made of nozzle plastic because they are not intended to store the full pressure of the gas, just transport it. "

Hopefully you get to the bottom of it, as with most problemsits normally something simple.

2 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Hopefully you get to the bottom of it, as with most problemsits normally something simple

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Guest Mr. No_Face
13 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

"magazines are not made of nozzle plastic because they are not intended to store the full pressure of the gas, just transport it. "

You've said this twice now and I don't know why?

"But really the standard nozzle (and all internals) are capable of withstanding all airsoft gas types provided you have the correct buffer spring and a HSB installe dto handle the cycle speeds"

So which is it? Built to withstand or built not to withstand?

Edited by Mr. No_Face

I repeated myself beacuase you repeated this: "am still in utter disbelief that a 500 pound gun's internals could be sheared away like nothing"

If you release energy in any form in a closed space with no way of dissipating shit blows up - simple.

The standard parts handle it fine - when everything works properly 🙈

25 minutes ago, Mr. No_Face said:

You've said this twice now and I don't know why?

So which is it? Built to withstand or built not to withstand?

Read what @Davegolfsaid; mags are made with different plastic that can cope with the pressure of the gas. Your nozzle isn't. The fault, whatever it is, caused the nozzle to momentarily store the gas under pressure, and, because it's not designed to do that, it shit itself.

Everyone's trying to help and can understand your frustration. Sounds like you're willing to give it, literally, another shot when it's reset to absolutely stock. I do hope it works out for you pal, I really do. 

Guest Mr. No_Face
5 minutes ago, C-Diddy said:

Read what @Davegolfsaid; mags are made with different plastic that can cope with the pressure of the gas. Your nozzle isn't. The fault, whatever it is, caused the nozzle to momentarily store the gas under pressure, and, because it's not designed to do that, it shit itself.

Everyone's trying to help and can understand your frustration. Sounds like you're willing to give it, literally, another shot when it's reset to absolutely stock. I do hope it works out for you pal, I really do. 

I know exactly what he said. But he also said by default; that instances like this  shouldn't occur when he proclaimed the parts should be able to withstand it and not be sheared to pieces. before adding the caveate - "when everything works properly". 

I also mentioned beforehand that I've experienced dozens of instances where gas vents from the mags and not a single time have any of my nozzles been damaged.

I just want to know if these internals are worth replacing with standard TM parts or am I going to have to spend over 50 pounds for a doubly reinforced one.

Jeez i dont know if you being antagonistic, im tyring to help and educate, there was no caveat, i had outlined in the paragraph prior:

THIS CLEARLY HASNT HAPPENED - your bolt has not moved back for whatever reason, so the nozzle has been blown up - magazines are not made of nozzle plastic becasue they are not intended to store the full pressure of the gas, just transport it.

You didnt get that so i spelled it out:

There are many scenarios for a mag to gas dump and how the other gun internals are located at the time dictates the level of damage, from zero-to-proper fecked.

By the by - If your gun is standard and functioning properly the stock nozzle is perfectly fine, just like 10,000s of other MWS users around the world. 👍

Edited by Davegolf

If you can procure stock TM parts, probably best option. Shouldnt have a problem as most of us use propane on stock internals. Otherwise the Gunsmodify nozzle if you can find it. Have you noticed anything wonky when racking the charging handle?

Guest Mr. No_Face
20 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Jeez i dont know if you being antagonistic, im tyring to help and educate, there was no caveat, i had outlined in the paragraph prior:

THIS CLEARLY HASNT HAPPENED - your bolt has not moved back for whatever reason, so the nozzle has been blown up - magazines are not made of nozzle plastic becasue they are not intended to store the full pressure of the gas, just transport it.

You didnt get that so i spelled it out:

There are many scenarios for a mag to gas dump and how the other gun internals are located at the time dictates the level of damage, from zero-to-proper fecked.

By the by - If your gun is standard and functioning properly the stock nozzle is perfectly fine, just like 10,000s of other MWS users around the world. 👍

David, I apologize for sounding pissed because I am beyond fucking pissed but here's your full quote and I explained to you that is not what happened. The BCG is functioning fine.  "There was nothing not to get about your statement" I didn't for one instant consider that credible. 

In fact Rocketdogbert's suggestion of the gas format is more credible IMO.

Edited by Mr. No_Face

At the risk of suggesting something so stupid and obvious, have you contacted the place you picked it up from? While aware repairs may well not be/likely won’t be free/covered by any store warranty fingers crossed the issue can be properly diagnosed and amended.

Not to discredit what anyone is saying, but from what I gather you’ve had a few stabs at it yourself and the results haven’t worked out for whatever reason. Definition of insanity as credited to Einstein etc etc.

At the very least it saves your having to source parts.

Edited by alxndrhll

I was gonna say exactly the same. Phone Fire Support and speak to them. Tell them what’s happened and ask if they can fix it. They are a nice bunch of guys and they will sort it out. The MWS is quite robust and this behaviour is unusual. Hell you can power it up to 450 FPS if you want to and it will still work albeit wear a few components out more quickly. But the point is take a step back. Send it back to Frank and let his tech guy sort it. 

Guest Mr. No_Face
13 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

At the risk of suggesting something so stupid and obvious, have you contacted the place you picked it up from? While aware repairs may well not be/likely won’t be free/covered by any store warranty fingers crossed the issue can be properly diagnosed and amended.

Not to discredit what anyone is saying, but from what I gather you’ve had a few stabs at it yourself and the results haven’t worked out for whatever reason. Definition of insanity as credited to Einstein etc etc.

My apologies again for sounding pissed guys but I got another game coming up and this was the last thing I needed to happen. A tech might be the best option if it means the problem is diagnosed right away and I don't have to keep spending money, troubleshooting in the dark.

I sold both my TK45c and MP7 to get this so you can imagine how much my frustration is amplified. My bro uses my SCAR, NGRS so once again I am stuck with a Glock for the next game.

Edited by Mr. No_Face

Hello everyone,

I am trying to find some answers in regards to 'G&P MWS Forged Aluminum Complete 4-6 Bolt Carrier Group Set ( Black ) ( For G&P Buffer Tube )'. 

I have the TM MTR16 - and as far as I can see this bolt carrier will fit just fine, as long as I also change the buffer tube, but there are two options 

A long version and a (shorter?) version with some extra  - will they both fit my TM MTR16? And (sorry for asking) what is the difference between these two buffer options, what does all the extra bits and parts add in the version with some extra ? 

Also, since you are all (hopefully) reading my questions, has anyone tried the G&P Marui GBB M4 MWS CNC Custom Hop Up Chamber. ?

Thanks for all the help,

Bernt - Norway 

5 minutes ago, ThatNordicGuy said:

Hello everyone,

I am trying to find some answers in regards to 'G&P MWS Forged Aluminum Complete 4-6 Bolt Carrier Group Set ( Black ) ( For G&P Buffer Tube )'. 

I have the TM MTR16 - and as far as I can see this bolt carrier will fit just fine, as long as I also change the buffer tube, but there are two options 

A long version and a (shorter?) version with some extra  - will they both fit my TM MTR16? And (sorry for asking) what is the difference between these two buffer options, what does all the extra bits and parts add in the version with some extra ? 

Also, since you are all (hopefully) reading my questions, has anyone tried the G&P Marui GBB M4 MWS CNC Custom Hop Up Chamber. ?

Thanks for all the help,

Bernt - Norway 

Pretty sure the long one you’ve linked for fitting into a Magpul UBR style stock ,  The short one is just a standard buffer tube set up.

4 hours ago, ThatNordicGuy said:

Hello everyone,

Thanks for all the help,

Bernt - Norway 

Long ones for long stocks like an m16 stock. Also be careful with G&P buffer tubes as newer batches are meant for their own receivers, real steel threading. Best to get a 6position from angry gun.