THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

Guest Mr. No_Face
2 minutes ago, C-Diddy said:

Have you got any hop on?

I'm trying it now but the wheel is so damn stiff. Refuses to budge

9 minutes ago, Mr. No_Face said:

I'm trying it now but the wheel is so damn stiff. Refuses to budge

The hop adjustment is a pain in the arse to adjust on these. I always use a small allen key just to get some extra purchase on the wheel

Guest Mr. No_Face
44 minutes ago, C-Diddy said:

The hop adjustment is a pain in the arse to adjust on these. I always use a small allen key just to get some extra purchase on the wheel

Result! That's done the trick but adjusting the hop up was a mofo. One of the unique selling points of the MWS series was "the ease of adjusting the hop up on a fly"

Cool Story, Bro | Know Your Meme 

6 minutes ago, Mr. No_Face said:

Result! That's done the trick but adjusting the hop up was a mofo. One of the unique selling points of the MWS series was "the ease of adjusting the hop up on a fly"

Cool Story, Bro | Know Your Meme 

Ah, cool.

I know some people can adjust it through the ejection port, but I have to break the gun to do it. The GHK system seems far more accessible.

Mine is stiff, but no so stiff that you can't adjust click per click. If I remember correctly, usually when the adjustment was too stiff, then usually something was done wrong during re-assembly.

I access the through the magwell, my fingers are just long enough :)

Welp, replaced the stock hopup arm with the metal Laylax and the gun is shooting like butter!! Downside though, I dropped a mag onto concrete when I was placing it into a dump pouch and the feed lip bid me farewell. Does anyone have any experience with the Ace 1 Arms feed lip replacements? Everywhere is sold out of stock MWS ones, so Im gonna take it that the stock ones are superior...

1 hour ago, Snippy said:

Welp, replaced the stock hopup arm with the metal Laylax and the gun is shooting like butter!! Downside though, I dropped a mag onto concrete when I was placing it into a dump pouch and the feed lip bid me farewell. Does anyone have any experience with the Ace 1 Arms feed lip replacements? Everywhere is sold out of stock MWS ones, so Im gonna take it that the stock ones are superior...

Not sure about the Ace 1 Arms replacements I'm afraid. I would recommend getting a stock alert set for the TM lips on Impulse101 although they have suspended shipping to the UK and Europe at the moment.

14 minutes ago, C-Diddy said:

Not sure about the Ace 1 Arms replacements I'm afraid. I would recommend getting a stock alert set for the TM lips on Impulse101 although they have suspended shipping to the UK and Europe at the moment.

Ahh yea, I will check with Impulse101 and see if they ship to Canada!

What is the best option for a MWS bolt carrier? I've heard AG are nothing but problems.

I can't find much on Guns Modify's, other than one person saying it works great & another saying it only works on semi auto in all his MWS.

G&P's bolts look promising but noticed there are various listings for different buffer tubes (standard MWS tube only, G&P MWS tubes) - what's the difference?

A few have said standard Marui bolts will do fine but since I'm building my MWS without a donor MWS, getting a standard bolt will be costly.

I've got a G&P trigger box coming, so a G&P bolt would be preferable, but not sure which listing to go for.

If anyone has a bolt, or a standard Marui hop unit they're not using, let me know 😏

I've heard that aftermarket hop units are slightly thinner(?) & so don't work too good in the Dytac receiver, so it'd have to be standard Marui, unless someone has had a different experience.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by MILITATED

Guest Mr. No_Face
On 18/03/2022 at 17:52, Snippy said:

You were having a similar problem to me I think. Only my issue started to occur as soon as I opened up the build. Now I'm consistently having problems with bbs rolling out of the barrel after every second shot even with the hop adjusted substantially. Is it time for me to start regretting this purchase?

Edited by Mr. No_Face

20 minutes ago, Mr. No_Face said:

You were having a similar problem to me I think. Only my issue started to occur as soon as I opened up the build. Now I'm consistently having problems with bbs rolling out of the barrel after every second shot even with the hop adjusted substantially. Is it time for me to start regretting this purchase?

Maybe you didn't put it back together properly? When the hop-up goes into the receiver there is some left and right play, like 1mm on each side. You'd probably want to try to get it to stay centered as best you can as you tighten it. Reading the entire thread, there is nothing but praise for the MWS with stock internals, or with mainly stock and a SixG brass nub. Im sure if youre regretting your purchase youll easily sell it in no time :)

Guest Mr. No_Face
32 minutes ago, Snippy said:

Maybe you didn't put it back together properly? When the hop-up goes into the receiver there is some left and right play, like 1mm on each side. You'd probably want to try to get it to stay centered as best you can as you tighten it. Reading the entire thread, there is nothing but praise for the MWS with stock internals, or with mainly stock and a SixG brass nub. Im sure if youre regretting your purchase youll easily sell it in no time :)

I haven't moved anything it's literally stock. The most I did was replace the charging handle, that's when the issues started happening after opening and re-constructing it. Then I was informed that the issue could be due to having zero hop at stock. Which I managed to fix this issue temporarily by simply applying a few clicks. Problem has started all over again to which the fix was once again a matter of applying a few more clicks to the hop. I can foresee this being a re-occurring issue that's gonna end up becoming a major inconvenience for me. The good thing is like you mentioned, I can easily sell this.👍

Edited by Mr. No_Face

Is the hop setting to zero hop after a few shots? And like I said, you had re-constructed it, perhaps you didnt put it back together properly? You could always count how many clicks youre at after a few shots and see if its being shifted from your zero (or just mark where its zero'ed for you).

5 hours ago, Mr. No_Face said:

I haven't moved anything it's literally stock. The most I did was replace the charging handle, that's when the issues started happening after opening and re-constructing it. Then I was informed that the issue could be due to having zero hop at stock. Which I managed to fix this issue temporarily by simply applying a few clicks. Problem has started all over again to which the fix was once again a matter of applying a few more clicks to the hop. I can foresee this being a re-occurring issue that's gonna end up becoming a major inconvenience for me. The good thing is like you mentioned, I can easily sell this.👍

Is it worth giving the retailer a shout? 

Guest Mr. No_Face
16 hours ago, C-Diddy said:

Is it worth giving the retailer a shout? 

I hope not, I had the chance to test it thoroughly today and it performed great. Everything seems to be in working order for now.👍

3 hours ago, Mr. No_Face said:

I hope not, I had the chance to test it thoroughly today and it performed great. Everything seems to be in working order for now.👍

That's good news buddy. What ammo you running in it?

Guest Mr. No_Face
7 minutes ago, C-Diddy said:

That's good news buddy. What ammo you running in it?

Running .25s still looking to get that sixG Nub so I can start lifting heavier bbs consistently. But I was more than impressed running .25s and watching those bbs glide gloriously to their intended targets.:D

2 hours ago, Mr. No_Face said:

Running .25s still looking to get that sixG Nub so I can start lifting heavier bbs consistently. But I was more than impressed running .25s and watching those bbs glide gloriously to their intended targets.:D

Stock setup should lift up to .28s. I primarily run .3s at the moment, but have some ASG .32 Open Blasters to try. I know many people on here run heavier ammo in their guns so have a play around once you get your SixG nub. If you haven't already (I suspect you have though) check out Ollie Talks Airsoft on YouTube. Loads of decent MWS content. 

On 14/03/2022 at 12:03, Khyber said:

Just fitted an RA-Tech NPAS to my TM MWS. Great FPS improvement. Super happy with the results.

Thanks for the results! I've been eyeing the RA-TECH NPAS for a while. Think I'll give it a go :)

5 minutes ago, demandt said:

Thanks for the results! I've been eyeing the RA-TECH NPAS for a while. Think I'll give it a go :)

My pleasure, im sure happy with it. Had to get mine from Emperion as i couldn't find any UK stock, came in around 10 days. but super easy to fit, took about 10 minutes, and just the results i was after.

My OEM upper is not working but my mate's is (on my lower receiver) so I know mine is gone. My question now is: do I buy a z-parts forged upper? Anyone got any experience with those? I would love an original TM but they are just not possible to get hold of.

20220322_120847.thumb.jpg.d460b8276bace05ec9de075b37472b18.jpg

New scope and mount ready to go...

20220322_135603.thumb.jpg.74dd69abb3af8c13b334a56dd9a510b2.jpg

...and installed. Just waiting on a new Surefire M600 clone to replace the light, then I'll be done with this one. Then to tweak the MK18 build 🤔🤣

Hey guys 

Playing about with my Mws and was wondering what is still the best bucking and nub combo? Guessing it’s still the metal nub and something? Don’t think I’ll get a metal nub as haven’t heard back for a while. Was using  a ml mr hop silicone and omega nub for plinking in the back garden but the consistency sucked.. went back to stock nub and used 3’s and it’s brilliant. First game on Sunday can’t wait 😎